The Rising of the Red Dragon...

By Setyourheartablaze16

When Issei Hyoudou comes home to find his mother with a gun pointed to her head, he is forced to make a choic... More

Chapter 1: Awakening
Chapter 2: Dungeonering
Chapter 3: Meeting with the Red Dragon
Chapter 4: And so it begins
Chapter 5: Encounter with the fallen
Chapter 6: Second to last
Chapter 7: New Allies
Chapter 8: Gremory vs The Mysterious Man
Chapter 9: The Black Princess
Chapter 11: Punishments
Chapter 12: First Wave Strikes
Chapter 13: Holy Maiden
Chapter 14: Parental Guidance
Chapter 15: Relishing in being a cockblock
Chapter 16: Just looking out for my future wife!
Current Characters
Chapter 17: Saving Asia
Chapter 18: I am the Holy Knight, Freed Selzen!
Chapter 19: Back to school
Chapter 20: Familiar Forest
Chapter 21: Rimuru Tempest
Chapter 22: Riser Phenex
Chapter 23: The Training Begins!
Chapter 24: Expectations of a King
Chapter 25: The Training Continues
Chapter 26: Let The Game Begin!
Chapter 27: First Blood Called! A battle of Rooks
Chapter 28: I Will Avenge You!
Chapter 29: The Wrath of Thunder!
Chapter 30: An Unexpected Opponent!
Chapter 31: The Winner Is...
Chapter 32: I Was Referring To My Servant...
Chapter 33: I choose you
Chapter 34: The Only Way Out
Chapter 35: Two Birds Before A Dragon
Chapter 36: The Embodiment Of Power (End of S1)

Chapter 10: A Date with a Fallen

6K 114 130
By Setyourheartablaze16

Extra info:

So, one of our readers questioned how Issei could use Ki and mana despite Ki and mana being opposing powers.

Well, to answer your question, his Ki and mana aren't being used in unity, like how he would with his aura, but rather, he uses Ki in conjunction with mana.

To give examples, when he was fighting Tatara, he used his aura to amplify the power of his flame magic by mixing the two. One could say that he combined two powers into one.

But to explain the usage of both Ki and Mana, think of Issei's full body variation of the body flicker technique. Let's call it Body Flicker Full Cowling. Now, he can use mana to enhance his muscle performance. Meaning he can increase the amount of damage that is dealt with a small amount of energy exertion. Like giving a finger flick the strength to destroy a tree.

With that, he can use ki to release massive amounts of energy in any part of his body, or throughout his entire body. This amplifies the force behind his attacks, enhancing his speed and strength also. Much like how All Might can increase his speed and strength in my hero academia, or how Goku can have such insane amounts of strength in Dragon ball.

Now think of the two being used in conjunction. At the same time. His muscle performance is enhanced by mana, and amplified by ki. That would be deadly!!

Basically what I am saying is that he doesn't mix the powers, like with aura and mana or aura and Ki, but he uses both powers simultaneously and in synchronisation.

Another thing I'd like to address is Issei's rise in levels from thirty one to thirty three as is stated in the previous chapter, for those who may wonder how that happened.

Well that answer's also simple. He conquered the final dungeon, which was also his most dangerous as his powers didn't affect the plants or animals until he brought out the holy water. So the danger assessment was high and thus was his exp gain also higher.

Secondly, he fought Rias' entire peerage, with her included, and won. Even if it wasn't a true battle and the conditions he fought them under was in his favour, he still gathered an impressive amount of exp. Enough to raise him to the next level.

------------------------------------------------------
Name: Issei Hyoudou

Titles: [Breast Fiend] [Ascended Red Dragon Emperor] [Cardinal Shield Hero] [Demon Exterminator] [The Mystery Man]

Level: 33|Next Level: 13 640 Exp

Class: Low Class| Human (Ascended)

Stats:

HP: 61 250/61 250

MP: 121 200/121 200

SC: 50%

CHI: 500 [+][+](suppressed)

KI: 30 000/ 30 000

AURA: 46 500/46 500

STR: 250 [+]

STA: 240 [+]

DEX: 240 [+]

INT: 101 [+]

WIS: 86

CHA: 220 [+]

LUC: 65

And for those of you who are curious, his title as red dragon changed from Arising, to Ascended because he awoke the boosted gear's third liberation

This also upgraded the previous perks gained by this title:

+10, went to +15 to all physical stats per level including charisma.

+an additional 3 stat points because he unlocked the final liberated form of the boosted gear.

Now, without further a due, chapter 10.

----------------------------------------------------
Saturaday: 3pm

Issei stood in wait for his date. He was dressed in a crimson sweater with a black jacket over top, black jeans and red and white sneakers. After agreeing to meet up at this time, he was quite surprised that she hasn't shown up.

"Excuse me..." His attention soon got drawn to a girl dressed in a red cosplay outfit. He smirked when he saw her.

[Batty LV 20]
[Status: Dark Bat (Familiar)]
[Title: Familiar of Rias Gremory]
[Job: Flyer Distribution]

"Good day, miss. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked. She smiled, taking out a flyer and handing it to him." Here, have one. It could make your wildest dreams come true." She stated.

He nodded and excepted the flyer, looking at it as he thanked her.

[Gremory Summoning Flyer]

Again, he smirked. This proved that he was right. He looked back up to see the girl was gone. He expanded his presence detecting skill and smirked again when he found the one he was looking for.

He turned his gaze southeast of himself and spotted a flash of white hair as it disappeared into a tree.' Hopefully now you'll understand.'

He continued his wait as he stood before the café they agreed to meet at. The sound of customers entering and exiting the building, with others chatting inside, was abundant. Even the cars passing by, seeing the people imside  onversing with one another, made Issei feel as though he was the only person to be without a companion. And that sort of saddened him.

'How pitiful, Issei. You should really consider getting a girlfriend.' He thought as he sighed and looked up at the heavens.

'I am. But the plan is coming along quite slowly. There are those whom have already started acknowledging my change in personality, but there also remain those who doubt it. I'll have to do something more acknowledging to repair my reputation.' He thought. And just when he did, a notification screen appeared.

[Quest Alert!]

[Repair A Fallen Reputation!]

[Quest: Repair your tarnished reputation!]

[Rewards: +1000 Reputation points Kuoh Academy, +500 Exp, +200 skill points]

[Do you accept?]
[Y/N]

He accepted and the screen disappeared. He's been getting quests for every little thing lately. Even stuff like chores! Of course he couldn't complain. He wás gaining experience after all.

His thoughts were about to wonder back to his plan on repairing his reputation, when his date arrived.

She was dressed in a pink blouse-like shirt, a black skirt with pink shoes. Her hair flowed down her back, and her purple eyes shone in the light.

Issei smiled as she arrived.' Not bad.' He thought. She bowed at him with a worried expression." I'm sorry I'm late. I sort of got carried away with deciding what to wear." She stated. Issei shook his head and lifted the girl up by the shoulders." Say nothing of it. And relax. You seem to have made your way here in quite the haste. You should catch your breath." He stated as he saw the girl breath a bit hastily.

She nodded as she looked up at him." Alright. Then, if you are recovered, we can get going." He stated as he made his way to the black motorcycle that was parked near the café's entrance.

It was pitch black with crimson highlighting. Looking much like it's new owner. Yuuma looked on shocked as Issei got on and motioned for her to join him.

"Is that yours!?" She asked shocked. He nodded with a smile." Indeed. I have been saving up a lot of cash and it seems to have finally paid off." He stated.

Yuuma approached him, examining the motorcycle as she did. He brought out another helmet and handed it to her. She got on and placed the helmet on.

"I can't imagine how much this must have cost. Not to mention how long you had to save up money to buy it." She stated. Issei snorted." The thing cost nearly five hundred thousand yen. And while it may come as a shock, I only started saving up money last month." He spoke.

This shocked the poor girl. Making her mouth hang like a fish." Just how wealthy are you!?" She asked. But he shook his head." My parents barely make a salary of fifty thousand. The money I saved was money I worked my ass of to get. Even going days without proper sleep. And getting up early morning to get to work." He stated with a smile.

She looked on surprised at this, before looking down at the bike.' I can't imagine how much he'd have to work, or how long. And yet, he did it to get what he wanted. This much determination just for a bike?' She thought as he started the engine.

"Hold on tight!" He commanded. She complied, practically hugging him from behind. A second later they sped down the road, leaving only the sound of the motor to be heard, but the bike remaining unseen.

Thus their day of fun began.

Issei hated doing the cliché's. Taking girls out for shopping or to restaurants was so out dated. Rather, he took her to the new Wonder World amusement park that was opened recently.

'Nothing builds friendship like fun and laughter.' He thought. And that was what he aimed for. Not love and romance, but fun and laughter.

The two enjoyed their time at the amusement park. Going on rides, playing games and even visiting the haunted house.

Yuuma was still angry at Issei for scaring the soul out of her body when he led her into a trap...which made dozens of rats fall on her. The poor girl screamed her lungs out, while Issei laughed to hell and back.

But she soon got him back by humiliating him in the games they played. Even throwing a pie in his face, which triggered a pie war. The two couldn't stop laughing afterwards.

But the day past quickly, and before they new it, the sun had already begun its descend.

Now the two were on the faires wheel. Looking over the park and the town as they were slowly lifted up into the air.

"You know, I actually had a great time, Issei." Yuuma stated. Issei faked a hurtful expression." Were you expecting me to make a mess of our first date!? Yuuma, I'm hurt." He stated with a pout.

She chuckled as she shook her head and gave him a slight slap on the arm." Oh, don't be a baby. I'm just saying that I didn't expect this theme for our date. I guess I just thought you'd go with a romantic theme like most guys would. But you surprised me. And I liked that. We ended up enjoying the day after all." She stated with a smile.

A genuine smile.

And this made Issei happy." Well, I was always of the opinion that a great relationship starts with fun and laughter. What's the point of having a friend or lover if he or she is no fun to be around. Which is why I decided to make our date a day of fun and laughter. Rather than romance and kisses." He spoke as he let his gaze shift over the horizon.

She turned her gaze from him, to the horizon as well, letting her head fall on his shoulder as they gazed at the setting sun.

Though her expression saddened as she realized the implication of this.' It is almost time.' She thought.

Issei looked down at the ground and saw something that made him smile. He made a gesture with his hand and the man below, operating the machine nodded. A moment later, the wheel stopped turning, placing the two at the very top of the machine.

Yuuma looked surprised at this." What just happened?" She asked. Issei smiled." Oh nothing. I just bribed the operator to make us stop at the top." He stated with a smile. She looked at him confused." Why?"

He pointed up at the sky. She looked and her him speak." 5...4...3 (they began to here a whistling sound)..2..1. And here it comes!" He spoke with excitement.

A second later, fireworks began to go off in rapid succession. Painting the sky with a rainbow of colours.

Yuuma looked on in awe and surprise. She couldn't help but acknowledge the beauty of it as each one of them went off.

She looked back at Issei in surprise." You planned this?" She asked. He nodded with a big toothy smile, making the girl's hurt skip a beat at the innocence and sincerity of the boy.

He pulled a small box out of his pocket. This caught Yuuma's attention. He opened the box to reveal two pure silver rings with purple highlighting patterns on them.

Yuuma's eyes widened." I wanted to give you something to commemorate our first date. So I decided to go with a pair of rings." He spoke.

She looked back at him, seeing that same radiating smile on his face as before. With the fireworks going off in the back ground, it created the perfect romance scene.

So, going with the theme of things...she kissed him. Square on the lips.

Issei was caught off guard but excepted it never the less. When the two parted, Yuuma returned his smile with one of her own." What was that you said about not wanting to go with a romantic theme?" She asked.

He shook his head." Nevermind." And chuckled. Yuuma looked down at the rings, and took one, placing it on his ring finger. Seeing her intention, he took the other and placed it on her finger.

"Now we both have something to remember this date by." She stated.

The sound of the fireworks stopped soon after. And in a matter of minutes, they were back on the ground and making their way out of the park.

Getting on the motorcycle, Yuuma got a sinking feeling in her chest as she knew what had to come next.

"Issei, could we stop by the other park on our way. I'd like to end our date there." She stated. He noticed her sudden drop in mood and shook his head." Don't be sad. We'll go on a date again, another time." He stated. She sighed softly.' How I wish you were right. But sadly, you are not.'

Coming to a stop in the park, Issei and Yuuma made their way to the fountain. Yuuma turned to look at the sky, Issei decided to do the same." Hey, Issei, have you every questioned why we exist? Why you exist?" She asked.

He turned his gaze to look at her before looking back at the night stars." Indeed I have." He stated." What answer did you find?" She asked again.

He smiled." That each of us and our existence, serve a purpose. Even if we don't know about it. There is a path that has been laid out for each of us. A destination that we must reach. And regardless of how many times we stumble off that path, it never goes away, but changes so that we can still reach our destination." Issei stated.

This time it was she who looked at him." The path never goes away, huh? How I wish that was true." She stated. He shook his head." It is. Even if you can not walk by the same path you began with, you are still well on your way to fulfilling your destiny. Or you should be. At the end of the day it is our choice whether we wish to abide by that path or continue to go astray." He finished.

"Now you're talking like a religious person." She replied with a faint smile. He nodded." Maybe I am. The Man upstairs has certainly been kind towards me, helping me when I need it and has entrusted me with so much. You could say that the reason I continue to walk upon my path is because he had faith in me. Faith that I could make it to my destination." He finished.

His words slightly worried the girl, but when she looked at his expression she calmed. He was smiling with the same radiating smile he gave her at the park.

Somehow, it eased her worries, but amplified the sinking feeling in her heart.

This wouldn't be easy.

As if sensing her discomfort, he enveloped her hand with his own. The two rings overlapping as he did.

Yuuma looked down at his hand, squeezing it slightly as she felt the warmth he radiated. She turned to look at him once more as he looked at her with a calming smile.

"No need to worry, Yuuma. Everything will be fine." He stated. The girl, let her head drop as she suddenly embraced him. Letting her head rest in the crook of his neck.

He returned the hug, hopping to ease the girl's worries but knowing that what she was going through was probably not easy.

Don't get him wrong. He had a firm understanding of what was about to happen and why. But having to kill a person who appears as innocent as he was just wasn't easy.

"Issei, could I ask you something?" She asked. Issei nodded." Shoot." He replied.

"Would...you die for me?" She asked, probably hoping Issei would freak out, but was surprised when he spoke." Indeed I would. Make no mistake of that." He replied. No hesitation. No hitch. Not even a moment to think about it.

And the way he spoke, with such an assuring tone, was the last crack in the poor girl's dam. Tears started flowing out of the girl's eyes. Flashes of another young boy's face kept on surfacing in the back of her mind, speaking similar words as the teen before her.

'Make no mistake, I will lay down my life if it means I can protect you.'

Issei tightened their embrace as he felt the girl's body begin to shake as she cried.

Though this session of comfort was rudely interrupted by a spear of light piercing Issei's back.

His eyes widened, specifically because he didn't feel her intent to kill him. But his doubts soon cleared as he her another voice speak.

"Raynare, get a hold of yourself. Have you forgotten what our mission was!?" Another woman, with dark blue hair, yellow eyes, wearing a maroon jacket that was zipped up to beneath her sizable breasts. She also wore black combat boots.

She approached the two as Issei fell onto his knees." Issei!" Yuuma cried as she saw the man drop to his knees. The fist sized whole he now had in his back, leaking blood like a faucet.

She was about to try and help him when she felt a hand on her shoulder." That's enough, Raynare. The boy won't make it past a minute. Our mission is done. Let's go." She spoke and dragged the girl away from the boy.

Yuuma looked over at Issei, once again a flash of another young man appeared in the place Issei was laying. Dead also." Isaiga." She spoke softly. The other woman's eyes widened at the name.

Letting go of the girl she took a glance back at the boy.' Now I understand why she couldn't go through with it.' She thought and sprouted a pair of black wings from her back.

"Let's go, Raynare."  She spoke and rose to the sky with a single flap of her wings. Yuuma looked at Issei for one last time, another tear dropping from her eyes as she turned her back to him.

With a blinding flash of light, a new figure stood in Yuuma's place. An older, more mature woman between twenty and twenty five years of age. She had quite the seductive body, possessing bust as voluptuous as the previous woman with a well toned stomach. She was dressed in a black dominatrix outfit thought it mostly consisted out of straps which covered her most private parts and black boots.

Just like the previous woman, a pair of black wings emerged from her back she too, was up in the air with a single flap. Leaving nothing but feathers behind.

Though, unknown to her, Issei had seen her new look.' Daaaaaaaaaamn she's hot! Oh yeah, she's definitely mine!' He thought.

"Partner, should I remind you of the gaping whole in your back?" Ddraig questioned. Issei gave a mental chuckle.' Not necessary. I already have my magic preventing the blood from leaking out. And my Battle Healing skill is restoring the damage done at a high speed.' Issei thought.

He looked at the notification and smiled.

{Critical damage taken!}
{-1200HP}

{Do to critical damage taken, a loss of 50 HP will occur for every second untill wound is healed!}

{Battle Healing activated! +400HP every ten seconds!}

{Blood loss has been haulted! HP reduction per second has decreased to 20!}

He snorted.' This is why I love that skill so much. At this rate I'll be completely healed within five minutes.' He thought.

A moment later, a crimson light shone from his pocket and the flyer came flying out. A second later a crimson magic circle appeared next to him and a familiar figure arouse.

Rias is here!

She looked down at Issei and shook her head." Poor thing. You certainly didn't deserve this gruesome a death...No matter. I'll bring you back." She stated and held out her hands over him.

A crimson magic circle appeared beneath him as she began to focus her power and chant." In the name of Rias Gremory, Issei Hyoudou, I hereby call you back to this world as my servant. To serve me from this day forth with your life." She spoke and another magic circle appeared before her, from which eleven chess pieces appeared.

Meanwhile, a Koneko was watching on from the trees, the shocked expression on her face being priceless, if only Issei could see. She wanted to go help Issei when he was stabbed, but saw the boy smirk and even heard him snort. Realizing that everything was still happening as he suggested it would, she believed he had prepared for it and sat back to see what would happen next. But Rias showing up and doing exactly what he said she'd do, really struck her hard.

Eight pawns, a bishop, rook and knight appeared.

They started making their way down to the boy's body, but before they could reach him, they were swatted away with the back of his hand.

"Ah Hell No!!" He exclaimed when he heard her finish the chant and swatted away the pieces.

Rias screamed like a little girl at the supposed dead body yelling. She even fell back on her ass.

Issei stood up and look down at her with an annoyed expression." Honey, didn't I tell you I wasn't interested in joining your little band of miscreants? What the Hell were you just doing!?" He spoke down to her in a tone and manner that suggested he was speaking to a little girl.

And like a little girl, she answered."I thought you were dead. That's why I was going to bring you back." She stated." And by the way, how the Hell are you still alive!? I thought they killed you." She exclaimed.

He shook his head." First off, even if I wás dead, I already told you I wasn't joining. Bringing me back from the dead wouldn't have changed that." At this, she frowned." And here I thought I could be kind and help you out."

"Bitch please! We both know you were banking on me dying so you could add another piece to your collection. You were just hoping that bringing me back after you manipulated the fallen into killing me, would soften my heart and make me accept you as my master." He remarked.

Rias' eyes widened." That's not true! I didn't manipulate the fallen.." she got interrupted." Yeah right! You knew they wanted to recruit me and you knew that if they found out I was associated with you, that they'd consider me a possible threat to them in the future and thus, by having your own familiar, personally hand me a summoning contract and continuously observing me throughout our date, oh yes, I noticed, you made it very well known that you were stacking a claim on me. So, seeing the devils were after me, they'd be left with no choice other than to eliminate the threat. Me." He finished.

Rias looked surprised, shocked and because of his accusations, down right criminal. She sighed." Fine. I played a role in your death. What you said is true...to some extend. But it wasn't just so that I could get you to join my peerage!" Rias stated as she finally decided to got off her ass and stand up.

"Honestly speaking, if I wasn't in such dire need of you I wouldn't have resorted to such means. But I am, and you refused to join, which is why I had to." She spoke, even sporting a regretful look.

Issei didn't give a damn.

"If you're talking about your arranged marriage with Rizer Phenex, then I already know." This caught Rias by surprise. And before she could question how, he answered." My sacred gear grants me information, remember?"

"Regardless, if you had asked me for my help and assistance, I would have granted it to you. But you didn't. Instead you wanted eternal servitude. Furthermore, you tried to kill me, twice." Again, shock struck her at this.

She looked at him in shock and he nodded." I know you had my house blow up and nearly killed both me and my mother." He stated.

"You have been nothing but a pain in my ass. Tell me Rias, what do you intend to do now?" He asked. The girl looked at him shocked.

As if Donald Trump just became president again.

She thought over what he said, and replied with a sigh." Nothing. I don't have anything else in store. Nor did I have a plan should you refuse to help me.

I am sorry for the trouble I caused you, Issei. Desperation is no excuse, I acted wrongly and put your life in harms way twice already. I ask that you forgive me, but understand if you don't." She spoke.

Issei sighed, shook his head and slapped her clean across the face. This caught both Rias and Koneko by surprise.

"I didn't say I wasn't going to help you. And that was for your stupidity in not realising this." He spoke.

Rias' eyes widened." But, why?" He shrugged." Because I can. Because I'm human and I have a heart. Who knows?

I can help you in ways not even you could have imagined. This is true. But I have two conditions which you must accept first." He stated." And they are?" Rias asked." Firstly..(he rose a finger) you and your peerage will be punished for your acts of negligence and crimes against the people of this town. Secondly..(he rose another finger) from here on out, every decision you and Sona make as the rulers of this territory, I want to be informed of. Immediately. Those are the conditions. Do you accept?" He spoke.

Rias looked somewhat dumbfounded but nodded none the less." I do." She spoke. He nodded." Then, you can gather your peerage at your clubroom Monday morning, and I'll announce your punishments." He spoke before turning and walking to where he parked his bike.

"Wait!? What about you're wound?" Rias asked as she saw the blood stain on his torn jacket, even though it was black.' A wound like that would kill any normal supernatural being, whether they are devil or fallen. And getting pierced in the back by a light spear of that size would be disastrous. From where the wound is he might have even gained an injury to the lounges! Not to mention the muscle damage!' She thought in worry.

Issei looked back at her and smirked." Don't worry. It healed before we even began our little talk. Another gift from the knowledge I bare." He stated and got on his cycle. Putting on his helmet and revving the bike before he looked back at her.

"See you Monday. I'll be sure to pick appropriate punishments for you and your team once I get home. Until then." And with that, he road of into the night. With only the sound of his bike being heard by the red haired beauty.

Looking at the spot he was just in a moment ago, she realized something.

'His presence felt awfully familiar... It kind of reminds me of a certain masked individual.'

------------------------------------------------------
Extra info:

Okay, so what I am going to address today, is something that some of you might have picked up on.

Issei doesn't have many shields at his disposal.

But this is actually false. Issei has an abundance of shields at his disposal but can't call upon the most of them for various reasons.

This is because of his demon shields. And if you can recall, the majority of his shields are demonic and they don't work. The reason to this will be revealed later on in the book.

If you want something else explained, post a request. I got a lot of time on my hands now so I'll be updating quite frequently.

------------------------------------------------------
Next chapter: Punishments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 782 29
A High School DxD fanfiction, in which our Main Character Issei Hyoudou undergoes a traumatic experience that causes a change in his outlook on life...
28.1K 1K 12
Issei Hyoudou, or just Issei was an exorcist that had no memory of his past. He was one of the strongest exorcist of all time, due to possessing many...
6.4K 152 9
This story tells the point of view of Shidou Hyoudou, the adoptive brother of Issei Hyoudou. Everything followed normally until one day his brother h...
266K 4.2K 49
This a story of Issei's early awakening after his parents are tragically murdered when he was only 11 years old. Once he awakens, he promises his par...