Beyond The Pale

By helenaxsofie

We're always drawn to something we can't have. I just happen to be drawn to a criminal, a man who is beyond... More

Beyond The Pale: Disclaimer
1. Beyond the pale
2. Curiosty Killed The Cat
3. Regretting it
4. Haunted
5. Blood and Bodies
6. Code of Silence
7. Sanity lost
8. Conflict
9. Can't run now
10. Trusting him
11. Foolish
12. His Skeletons
13. His Boyfriend
14. Happiness
15. Drinks
16. A Trip for two
17. Virgin of love
18. His other side
20. Bipolar
21. Rafael
22. Mobster Party
23. Tyrant
24. Surprise
25. Let it go
26. Pillow talk
27. Dinner with parents
28. Male strippers
29. Twisted
30. Mistake
31. Abusive Don
32. Tiger
33. Mishappenings
34. Morning Shower
35. Watched
36. Dont stay away
37. Is This Where We End (Part One)
38. Is This Where We End? (Part two)
39. Not So Hidden

19. Worries

182K 5.8K 922
By helenaxsofie

I was contemplating making one long chapter but I wrote two chapters instead.

Vote and Comment like crazy on this one and I'll post the next one (:

1k votes and 200 comments is my goal for me to give you the next chapter.

**Not edited yet**

***************************************

I had to go home, as much as I wanted to stay in this beautiful exotic country, I just couldn't. My family would be worried sick, and the authorities would be wondering why I wasn't in Chicago conveniently at the time of the fire.

And Stefan will most likely come and find me.

Maybe it's a better idea if you don't go?

Shįt balls, How can could someone be so obsessed with Rafael.

Okay no, I do get the attraction but not the obsession.

"Do you really want to go back now?" Rafael's voice came from the doorway, I simply nodded continuing to pack my things.

"I can't stay, I'd be incredibly selfish if I stay here while everyone I know is worried about me." I told him, before turning around to see how awfully devouring Rafael looked with his arms crossed over his ripped chest, leaning lazily against the doorway, his wet hair dripped down making drops of water make a path along his glistened abs to the low waistbands of his blue swim shorts.

The universe was not playing fair.

"Well come enjoy it with me before we go." Rafael half smiled, offering me his hand to take. I sighed inwardly, putting my hand in his.

I let him lead me down the stairs and out the back. I was extremely hot today, the sun was out and scorching everything in it's path including my skin that was already darker than before.

I was getting worried when Rafael brought me to the edge of the cliff.

"You're not going to push me off are you?" My eyes widened at the sight, I remember reading a book that was going really well until the girl pushed her boyfriend off a bridge. It was a weird thriller that Amber gave me and I was not interested in reading it again.

Rafael chucked, letting go of my hand. "No Diosa. Pull your dress off."

I raised my eyebrows, what the hell is he going to do with me. He doesn't actually think we're going t-

"Don't look at me like that. There's many places I'd fuçk you- but on top of a cliff is not one." Rafael shook his head. "Well not this cliff anyways." He said to himself.

I shivered, still not used to how Rafael spoke his mind.

"Well then what are we doing?" I asked him, I'd like to know the reason for him wanting me to be half naked.

"We're going to jump." He shrugged, instead of waiting for me he grabbed the hem of my dress.

"Hey!" I squeaked, slapping his hands away. "I quite like my life, I don't want to end it."

"I definitely wouldn't want you to end it either. This cliff is perfectly safe to jump off of, everyone does it. The water is calm here." Rafael's eyes glittered with amusement. "Confront your fears with me."

His hand was open and ready for me to take.

I could either take this as the hand of the devil or an angel.

But all I could see was Rafael, looking welcoming for me to step into another adventure with him. I didn't have a fear of heights or anything. It was just terrifying because I've never done anything like it, to jump off a cliff into clear waters. But if he was there with me to help me overcome the fear, then I wanted to. I wanted to experience new things with him.

That's what normal people do with people they love, aye?

I pulled my dress off before taking his hand.

Rafael eyed the black lace of my underwear making me heat up.

Give me strength.

"Fine, but if I-"

"Nothing is going to happen." Rafael rolled his eyes, pulling me to a better spot on the edge.

I took a few deep breaths, preparing myself for death. Cause I'm about to die.

I shook my head looking at Rafael and the way he was watching me with a grin, all negative thoughts had left my mind. I'm about to do something that no one that knew me would ever believe I'm doing. Something so surreal for me.

"I'm ready." I nodded my head,

"On the count of three." Rafael nodded, his grin never leaving his face. "One." I took a deep breath. "Two." I quickly looked at him and back at the water beneath me. Goose bumps now raised on my skin. "Three!"

Rafael and I jumped hand in hand, flying through the air, making me feel so free. The anxiety I was feeling was mixed with excitement. I let go of his hand as soon as I was met with the cold but comforting clear waters of Spain. I could feel the bubbles around me as I swam back up to the surface gasping for welcoming air.

"Are you okay?" Rafael's arms came around my waist, lifting me up while we treaded the water.

I turned around to face him. "Yes! I can't believe I actually did that!" I was in awe. I, Christina May- Came to Spain and jumped off a cliff. "Thank you." I told him.

Rafael shrugged a little clearing his throat, he probably doesn't hear those words a lot. "You look so gorgeous right now."

"I probably look like a sewer rat." I raised an eyebrow at him. He pulled me closer to him so my legs came around his waist while he treaded water to keep us up.

"No you don't." He scowled. "You look so bright and free. Your laugh is music to my ears."

"Have you heard your laugh? It makes me clench my thighs." My cheeks went red as soon as I said it, wow he's a bad influence on me.

"Please don't ever clench your thighs together." His hands grazed my thighs and squeezed them so I could feel him where I needed him, while his teeth bit my bottom lip softly with his nose grazing mine.

It's like whenever he's near me I forget to breathe.

Rafael swam us both close to the cliff wall, standing himself up on a rock that was under the water. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing his lips down to mine so I could devour him. It was peaceful and closed off.

"Is there a reason for your tiger tattoo on your back?" I said after awhile, Rafael was holding me in his arms with my head resting on his chest with what seemed like a lifetime now.

He chuckled a bit. "It's pretty stupid, It's the animal I am. I'm a tiger and Marco is an eagle."

An image of Marco's eagle tattoos on his chest came to mind. So they both had tattoos of their spirit animal? or the animals they most related to.

The traits matched up perfectly when I thought about it.

"You are pretty aggressive." I mumbled, which earned a light chuckled from his lips. I lifted my head up from his chest so I could look at him properly. "You're an amazing guy when you want to be."

"No I'm not." Rafael shook his head with a frown. I squeezed his shoulders to stop him from brushing my compliment away.

"It wasn't up for debate. With the time that I've known you, you've made me experience more things than I have ever before." I told him, grazing my finger tips along his jawline. "You've shown me another world."

"An alien world?" Rafael raised his eyebrow, clearly amused.

"Yes, an alien world filled with Mafia bosses and their gay sons lighting my stuff on fire." I tried to joke but that just made me think back to reality. "Is he trying to kill me?"

I needed to know if he was just trying to scare me, or that he wouldn't stop until I was dead.

Rafael sighed. "He's not going to do anything to you, I won't let him." It's the way Rafael looked at me, that look made me feel calmer. At least for the moment it did.

"You know I don't even know your last name." I cocked my head to the side which made him mirror my action with a frown.

I mean come on, we've had sex and I don't know his last name.

Rafael licked his bottom lip. "De la Serna."

"Is tha-"

"De la Serna is my full last name." He nodded, wiping the confusion off my face.

"De la Serna, that's a nice last name, unlike mine." I curled my lip in displeasure at my last name. May was so boring and a month of the year.

"May is short and sweet. Just like you." Rafael chuckled at his joke. Cheese!

"Hey I'm not that short." I mumbled, well I was the shortest person out of everyone I knew. I need short friends.

"Diosa, you're just perfect."

***

"I've been waiting for you all my life, hoping for a miracle."

"No need to be dramatic." I rolled my eyes at Amber who was currently tipsy and extremely happy that I was back. She told me to come straight to her place, so I did.

"I've been waiting for you every day and night! I burn for you!" She sang to me, all I could think about is George of the jungle right now. "I think I know--I think I know why the dog howls at the moon."

I usually prepare myself for these things.

"I say; Dela-" Then she went off in weird mumbles that weren't the lyrics.

"It's ngiyadela! When I am with you, Dela! sondela mama, sondela!" I laughed, jumping up from the couch and joining in with the weird dance that she was currently doing.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Moments passed and we were both sprawled on the floor, staring up at Amber's ceiling.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong right?" Amber whispered next to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Of course I would."

"Rafael isn't holding you against your will?" She asked, her voice wary of my response

"No, Amber I told you. Rafael isn't a bad guy. I swear." I told her. Well define the word bad, he did illegal stuff but he wasn't bad to me.

"So, is he your boyfriend now?"

No. Rafael has relationship issues that involve no intimacy.

"Yeah, he is." I sighed, looking over at Amber who was eyeing me closely.

"As long as you're happy Chris. Then I'm happy."

***

"Do you have any fuçking idea what I'm going to do with you?" His voice was hard and intimidating. "I'm going to find you and rip every part of your skin off."

I cringed. Automatically touching the skin on my arms for reassurance that it was still intact and won't be coming off.

"Drop it off at the shed at ten or you'll know who will be paying you a visit." He hissed, spinning around. Rafael's eyes softened when he saw me looking a little stunned in the doorway of his bedroom.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Rafael hushed me, throwing his phone on the bed after he hung up. "I have to go and take care of something." He mumbled, walking passed me.

"Okay." I whispered, we only got back at seven in the morning and he'd been on edge ever since.

Rafael quickly came back into the room, clenching the door frame. "And don't set foot outside of this apartment, don't even answer the door for anyone. Anyone who is allowed in, has a key."

And then he ran out again.

I hummed a tune looking around the room. He won't be too long will he?

It felt weird that I was going to be staying here, this is what people in relationships do. Were we in a relationship?

Can I even define the relationship with him, a man like Rafael. This wasn't high school.

I noticed he hadn't unpack and I needed to organize my stuff.

His bed wasn't even made.

What was my life going to be like now, since there was a guy out there that wanted to kill me, was I going to be chased, will I have to move cities?

I won't have a normal life will I?

Not since I met Rafael, the man who screamed sex and violence.

It had been three hours of me over thinking, putting Rafael's clothes back into his drawers, cleaning the whole apartment and having a shower myself.

I thought my brain was playing tricks on me when I heard a distinct banging noise out in the living room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.4K 29
"Why the hell won't you just admit it?!" I yelled at him. "Admit what?!" He asked. "The REAL reason why you don't want to be with me! It's cause I'...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
138K 4.6K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
1.2M 27K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...