Echo (Undertale) (Deltarune)

By DoctorBlu5

After defeating an enemy, Kris has swapped universes with someone, but who? All characters are owed by Toby F... More

Welcome to my story
Swapped | Chapter 1
To Snowdin! | Chapter 2
To the Lab! | Chapter 3
Progress! | Chapter 4
Battle of the gods | Chapter 5
The Machine | Chapter 6
PLEASE! | Chapter 7
GENOCIDE! | Chapter 8
Somewhere familiar | Chapter 9
Contact! | Chapter 10
The SOULs are free | Chapter 11
Another universe | Chapter 12
Nightmare | Chapter 13
It's done | Chapter 14
Rescue | Chapter 15
Home | Chapter 16
New life | Chapter 17
The surface | Chapter 18
First lesson | Chapter 19
Christmas Day | Chapter 21

Christmas Eve | Chapter 20

61 1 2
By DoctorBlu5

Let's skip forward to Christmas eve, Octavius was on the light world walking around the town, but it hadn't snowed for some reason so seeing as Octavius could control the weather he made it snow.

He got to the Christmas tree they had put up and wasn't impressed on how big it was.

Octavius: This won't do! it's too small! (that's what she said).

Octavius enlarged the Christmas tree and he made it so big that it was towering over the church.

Octavius: Much better!

Noelle: Hi Octavius! what happened to the tree?

Octavius turned around and saw Noelle with a confused look on her face.

Octavius: Oh! hello Noelle! the tree was too small so I made it a bit bigger!

Noelle: It's towering over the church!

Octavius: It is! that's how tall is should be.

Noelle: Won't it fall over?

Octavius: No, I have it time secured, nothing can move it.

Noelle: Oh, did you notice it was snowing?

Octavius: I did! very strange that it  hasn't snowed for days but now it is.

Noelle: It is very strange. Can you do me a favour?

Octavius: Sure! anything for anyone!

Noelle: Are you going to the party tomorrow?

Octavius: There's a party?

Noelle: You didn't know? there's posters everywhere.

Octavius: Oh! those! I did notice them! I thought it was next year.

Noelle: How did you think that?

Octavius: I'm old as hell, time is nothing to me, when you live for as long as I do, time is just there with no meaning. Where's it happening?

Noelle: Here!

Octavius: Oh! then I will be here! what was the favour?

Noelle: Do you know what mistletoe is?

Octavius: No I don't, still have a lot to learn about Earth's traditions, Christmas is where people give eggs right? with the a rabbit?

Noelle: Hehe! that's Easter! that's not until March or April. Christmas is where you just hang around with friends and family and give each other presents.

Octavius: So that's what those boxes are under the tree, there's nothing in them.

Noelle: Well those are just for decoration.

Octavius: Hmm, well it sounds like you'll have to give me a history lesson on your holidays. What did you say? missile toe?

Noelle: Not missile toe, mistletoe! the tradition is where you put it above two people's heads and then they have to kiss under it.

Octavius: So when you put some leaves over two people, they have to kiss?

Noelle: Yep!

Octavius: Very interesting world, seems like I have a lot to learn here. So let me guess, when you and Susie are talking you want me to teleport some above your head so you can kiss her.

Noelle: H-how d-did you k-know that?

Octavius: C'mon, I may not know a lot about earth but I know a lot about people, don't worry, I got you fam.

Noelle: Thanks! wait, fam?

Octavius: Yeah, that's what the cool kids say nowadays isn't it? or am I behind on that as well?

Noelle: Well, I don't mind you saying it, but to some people it might be cringe.

Octavius: Right and cringe is a bad thing?

Noelle: Well, it depends, if you're making fun of something for being cringe then it's funny, but if you say or do cringe things then everyone will find you weird.

Octavius: Got it, don't be cringe. And don't worry, you won't be alone, I will be the great mistletoe teleporter! in front of your crush? no problem, just give me a sign and i'll teleport one in!

Noelle: Thanks! and i'm sure you'll to a great job!

Octavius: Wait is everyone going to be there? like the whole town?

Noelle: I imagine so! seeing as it's a very important holiday to this town.

Octavius: Hmm, I wonder if Asriel will be here, it would be nice to see him again. Wait, are people going to be in costumes? like that one holiday in October?

Noelle: Well everyone will be wearing their Christmas clothes, like sweaters or suits or dresses.

Octavius: Is that big fat man going to be here? like the one who gives coal and presents?

Noelle: It's just a guy dressed up as Santa, but last year something went wrong and now the person who usually does it doesn't want to.

Octavius: Do you believe in this Santa person?

Noelle: Not anymore, but I used to! but lots of others kids do!

Octavius: Hmm, I have a plan, but it's a surprise!

Noelle: You're going to dress up as Santa, aren't you?

Octavius: Shhhh, don't want anyone finding out.

Noelle: Then it's a deal, I don't tell anyone about you being Santa and you will teleport the mistletoe above me and Susie.

Octavius: Deal! pleasure doing business with you.

Susie (In the distance): What the hell!

Noelle: She's coming, don't say anything about it.

Octavius: I won't, I know how to keep secrets.

Susie ran over to them and just looked at the big tree towering over them.

Susie: The hell did you do!?

Octavius: Made it bigger, it was too small.

Susie: It's going to fall over!

Octavius: No it won't, i've time locked it.

Noelle: What does that mean?

Octavius: Time listens to me, so if I tell it to stop it'll stop, but if I tell it to go it'll go. I've just time locked the area around the tree so everything in it's area will be stopped in time while the rest of time continues.

Susie: Can't you dumb it down?

Octavius: Oh, right. I stop time on the tree so that stops it interacting with the world, like the wind.

Noelle: Oh now I get it, wait you can pause time?

Octavius: Yep!

Noelle: Cool! Susie are you going to be here for the party tomorrow?

Susie: Heck yeah I am!

Octavius: Hmm, you're not going to under age drink are you?

Susie: W-what!? n-no! why would I do that?

Octavius: Seems like something you would do, well i'm going to keep an eye on you.

Susie: Hmpf! fine, i'll try my best not to. It's snowing as well!

Noelle: Don't you have a coat? or anything that will keep you warm?

Susie: Yeah! but I don't know if it'll fit.

Octavius: That's fine, I can enlarge it for you.

Noelle: Wait, you can enlarge anything?

Octavius: Yep!

Susie: Anything~?

Octavius: Ye- wait, noooo, not that, get your mind out of the gutter.

Noelle: Susie? what were you thinking?

Susie: Nothing for you to worry about, but he knew what I was talking about.

Octavius: The only thing I won't use my enlarge spell on is body parts, so stop thinking about that.

Noelle: Susie? you weren't thinking what I thought you were you?

Susie: What did you think I was thinking?

Noelle: I- um, uhh, um, ah, I- um, um...

Octavius: If we could move on from it thank you! 

Susie: How is it snowing? it wasn't an hour ago.

Octavius: No idea, the weather is weird like that, suddenly it can be clear as day, the next thing it can be raining or snowing.

Susie: You, didn't make it snow did you?

Octavius: What are you saying? I can control the weather? c'mon Susie, I can do lots of things, but even that is above my power.

Susie: Hmm... well seeing as it's snowing now I might as well try the coat on.

Susie walks off and leaves them both.

Octavius: I'll be at the party tomorrow, and i'll make sure to look my best.

Noelle: Great! you're going to have a great time! see you tomorrow!

Octavius: Yep! see you tomorrow!

Noelle walks off as well and leaves Octavius standing by the tree, he gets his pocket watch out and looks at the time, he still has enough time before it gets dark so he continues walking around the town.

Octavius: (What an interesting world, but a nice one. Earth's great, much better than where I came from, everything is just futuristic and no plants, while this place is the opposite of that.)

Octavius just walks around the town as the snow stared to come in, he thought it wasn't going fast enough so he just sped it up and in a matter of no time the snow was up to his ankles. Everyone else just wondered how it set so fast but were happy to see some snow.

He was just walking down the street when a snow ball hit him in the back of his head, and when he turned around it was Susie with Kris and Ralsei holding snow balls.

Octavius: Oh hey guys! what do you have there?

Susie: Duck!

Octavius: What?

Susie threw another snow ball at him and it hit him in the face, and he wiped it away.

Susie: Headshot!

Octavius: Snow ball fight? you really want to do this?

Susie: Yeah! bring it!

Octavius: Ok! if you say so!

Octavius clicks his fingers and floating snow balls appear next to him, they then fly at them and hit them all in the face.

Octavius: Easy.

Susie: Ugh! no magic!

Octavius: 3 against 1? of course i'm going to use magic.

The battle begins!

All of them throw tons of snow balls at him but all of them miss thanks to his sick dodging.

Susie: How!?

Octavius: They call me the dodge master! now it's your time to dodge!

Octavius throws snow balls at them and some hit some and some don't. Octavius dodges again and only one hit him.

Octavius: Ugh! i've been hit! but can you dodge this?

Octavius gets tons of snow balls and throws them rapid fire, all of them hit them all and they acted like they've been shot. He then makes a giant snowball and was about to throw it on them until he gets hit from behind.

Berdly: The cavalry has arrived!

Noelle: Nice try Octavius! but this fight is far from over!

Berdly and Noelle join the others and help them get up like they've been healed.

Susie: We've got back up! what do you have!?

Octavius: My snowmen!

Octavius summons some snowmen next to him on both sides and they seem to be living.

Octavius: Men! prepare your shields!

The snowmen prepared their ice shields and so did Octavius, the others threw their snow balls at them but the ice shields blocked them all.

Susie: You have shields!

Octavius: So do you!

Octavius clicked his fingers and he gave them ice shields as well so it was a fair fight.

Octavius: Men! use minisnow!

The snowmen mixed together and made a snow minigun, the others combined their shields together and the snow minigun fired at them. After the snowmen ran out of ammo the others were only pushed back a bit.

Susie: The hell was that!?

Octavius: My snow minigun.

Susie: How are we going to beat him? Noelle can you still do snowgrave?

Noelle: Yes, but-

Susie: Great, use it.

Noelle: Oh, ok.

Susie: You're going to freeze!

Octavius: I'd like to see you try!

Susie: Noelle! use snowgrave!

Octavius: Wait! don't!

Noelle used snowgrave on Octavius, the snowmen disappeared and Octavius was frozen in the giant ice cube.

Susie: I think we won! you can come out now Octavius.

Octavius:...

Ralsei: Octavius?

Octavius:...

Susie: Um, Octavius? can you hear us?

Octavius:...

Noelle: Susie, what did you do.

Susie: Me? that was you.

Noelle: Why did you tell me to use it.

Susie: So we could win.

Noelle: He's dead now.

Susie: What.

Noelle: Snowgrave. It's a grave in the snow, he's in his grave.

Susie: Oh no, but he's immortal, he can't die.

Ralsei: He could be frozen-

*BOOM*

Octavius: I SAID! DON'T! THAT HAS GONE TO FAR! YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!? IT'S SNOWGRAVE! YOU'RE LUCKY MY BODY KNOWS WHEN IT'S DYING SO IT CAN KEEP ME ALIVE! DO NOT! DO THAT AGAIN! GAME OVER!

Octavius ended the game and walked away angrily the other way, they knew they screwed up as Octavius never shouts, only when he's really mad or trying to get a point across.

Noelle: He sounds really angry.

Susie: I should talk to him.

Berdly: Do you want to die?

Susie: I don't think he will kill me, he's not like that.

Ralsei: Maybe if you tell him that you didn't know what it does then he might forgive you.

Noelle: Wait, he's coming back, shhh everyone.

Octavius walked back over to them.

Octavius: *ahem* Gotcha.

Octavius clicks his fingers and a giant snowball fall on them all, covering them all with their heads only poking out, Octavius just laughs at them.

Octavius: Oh boy, that was a good one! guess I won.

Susie: Wait wait wait, what the hell is this? you're not mad?

Octavius: Are you forgetting I took the ring off? snowgrave is only deadly when you have the ring on, it just encased me in ice not freezing me in it. And i'm still sort of mad, you just thought to do it without thinking, you should always check before you do dangerous spells like that, because what if Noelle still had the ring on? i'd be frozen. Now, I don't expect an apology, as that was just fun and games, but you have to promise me that you will always check if a spell is deadly, that is what I taught you, but you have seem to have forgotten about it.

Susie: I promise.

Noelle: I promise also.

Octavius: Good.

Susie: Can you let us out now?

Octavius: Hmm, I don't knowwwww...

Susie: Please?

Octavius: Hmm, ok! well good game!

Octavius clicks his fingers and the giant snowball disappears, he then walks away from them continuing on his walk. 

Susie: Well that was interesting, never had to use an ice shield against snowmen that turned into a minigun.

Noelle: Yeah that was really strange, the minigun, the living snowmen, was this something you expected up here Ralsei?

Ralsei: Not at all! I thought it was just normal, but I guess there's living snowmen up here.

Susie: He just summoned them in Ralsei, there isn't actual living snowmen.

Ralsei: I know, but it was surprising to say the least.

Berdly: I think he won that.

Noelle: Yeah definitely, living snowmen, giant snowballs falling from the sky, throwing snowballs rapid fire, we could have gone with an easier target first.

Susie: Don't you like a challenge? it was fun dodging the snowballs and throwing them, did you like it Ralsei?

Ralsei: Yeah! I want to do it again! but i'm cold just standing out here.

Noelle: We could go get some hot chocolate! it's the best for when it's winter!

All of them go to the café and get some hot chocolate, and when they left they saw Octavius by the clock tower and he seemed to be scratching his head. The clock had seem to be frozen so Octavius spawned a ladder in and climbed up it to see if he might have stopped the clock.

But because it was so cold the clock had frozen, and when Octavius looked around him he started people shivering even people with lots of coats on. He slid down the ladder and tested the temperature.

Octavius: -13°F!? (-25°c) why's it so cold!? it should not be this cold, people are freezing! right! i'm turning up the temperature!

Susie: Ready, look, he can change the weather.

Octavius fired a beam into the sky and he started to turn the temperature up to 0°F (-17°c). It was still cold but cold enough so the snow wouldn't melt. Octavius went back up to the clock and used some fire on it so it would warm up.

He slid down the ladder again, got rid of it and went inside to see if any of the hardware was frozen. He came out 5 minutes later and started to fast forward the clock so it would match his pocket watch.

Octavius: 5pm? not that late.

Noelle: Oh shoot, it's 5pm already, I should go home, I promised my mom I would be home before it was dark.

Susie: Well it's not dark yet.

Noelle: You'll be surprised at how fast it can get dark here.

Susie: I'll walk ya home then, don't want you freezing.

Noelle: Oh, thank you Susie.

Berdly: I also have to go! got to get my outfit ready for tomorrow!

Susie: Wait, isn't that your mom over there Noelle?

Noelle: It is, we have to go.

Susie: Wait, lets see what she does.

The mayor walked up to Octavius who was looking at the clock making sure it would move.

Mayor: Octavius...

Octavius: Oh hello Mayor! what can I do for you?

Mayor: Could you tone down the weather tomorrow, like make it less cold? I imagine people don't want to wear tons of coats.

Octavius: I sure will! what should I do with the snow?

Mayor: Melt it, but only for tomorrow, I imagine some people would still like to play in it. So after tomorrow keep it around for two more days then melt it.

Octavius: You got it!

Mayor: Oh and WHY THE HELL IS THE CHRISTMAS TREE SO BIG!?

Susie: He's in trouble now.

Octavius: Well I just wasn't impressed by how big it was, if we're going to go with something that flashy why not make it bigger than the church.

Mayor: Turn it back.

Octavius: What?

Mayor: Make the tree smaller again.

Octavius: Why? the kids love it!

Mayor: *sigh* why are you making it so difficult, just return it to normal size before it can fall on anyone.

Octavius: It won't fall on anyone, i've made it secure.

Mayor: RETURN IT TO IT'S NORMAL SIZE! I WON'T ASK AGAIN!

Noelle: Oh no, he better listen to her.

Octavius: Hmm, nah i'm good.

Mayor: That's not a request, that's an order.

Octavius: Well you can't order someone around who isn't from here.

Mayor: I'll have you arrested.

Octavius: For what? making a tree bigger? wow that's some serious crime. I think you have other things to worry about that a tree being bigger than it should.

Mayor: I'll reveal who you have a crush on.

Octavius: Hahaha! you serious? we aren't in high school, and plus I already have a boyfriend so that doesn't matter.

Mayor: You won't shrink it will you?

Octavius: Nope, give me one solid reason I should.

Mayor:... I hate you.

Octavius: Sure you do.

The mayor just walks back to her office with the look of defeat on her face.

Noelle: I've never seen her look like that before.

Susie: I was ready to seem some fight, but we got defeat instead.

Noelle: Well we should go now, bye Kris, bye Ralsei.

Ralsei: Goodbye Noelle!

Noelle: I'll probably be long so if you get cold you can go home without me.

Ralsei: Oh, ok!

Susie followed Noelle home while Berdly went back home as well, leaving Kris and Ralsei in the cold.

Kris: Ralsei...

Ralsei: Yeah Kris?

Kris: I'm cold...

Ralsei: Are you? let's go home then.

Kris then sneezes.

Ralsei: Aww poor you, hopefully you don't have a cold, that would suck especially for tomorrow.

Kris then holds Ralsei's hand and Ralsei blushes, they walk back to the dark world and get into the castle where it was warm, and they were the only ones in the living room as Atlas took the others in the Madotas for shopping.

Kris sat down on the sofa and Ralsei put a blanket around them and made some hot honey and lemon in case they did have a cold.

Ralsei: Feeling better?

Kris: Mhm...

Ralsei: Good! well i'm going to make dinner, let me know if you need anything!

Ralsei goes into the kitchen and Kris watches the TV while wrapped up in the blanket, 10 minutes later Susie walks in the living room.

Susie: Have you already got a cold? after one day? well it was really cold out so I can't blame you.

Susie joins Kris on the sofa and watch the TV together. 15 minutes pass and the others walk in.

Atlas: We're back!

Susie: Sweet! what did you get?

Atlas: That's a secret Susie, where's Octavius?

Susie: I think he's still on the light world.

Atlas: Oh, well tell him we're back when he gets here, we have to wrap the presents.

Susie: You got it.

Atlas and the others went to wrap the Christmas presents. It was now dinner time and Octavius still hadn't arrived at the castle, the others started to get worried until Octavius kicked open the door.

Susie: There you are! what took you so long!?

Octavius:... someone needed help and I helped them.

Susie: With?

Octavius: Relationship advice.

Ralsei: Well as long as you're here it's fine, but dinner's ready.

Everyone sat down at the dining table and ate their dinner, and after they were done they watched the TV.

Octavius: You did write your lists didn't you?

Susie: What lists?

Octavius: For Santa of course! you're not saying you forgot did you?

Frisk: I knew I forgot something!

Octavius: It's ok, just write them now and i'll take them to him.

Frisk: You can do that!?

Octavius: Yeah! I know Santa! it'll be good to visit him again, haven't seen him in years!

Frisk: You've been friends with Santa this whole time!?

Octavius: Yep! just write your lists and I'll give them to him.

All of the 8 children run off to write their lists.

Susie: So now you have to get presents, how are you going to get them?

Octavius: I have my ways.

Susie: Of course you do.

Octavius: Aren't you going to write yours? or don't you believe?

Susie: Why would I? I may have years ago but not now, i've-

Octavius: Grown up.

Susie: Well it's going to be a shame when Santa won't be here this year.

Octavius: Don't worry, I have a plan for that as well.

Susie: You're going to dress up as Santa aren't you?

Octavius: Shhh, don't want them to hear.

Ralsei: You're a good man Octavius, you'd do anything to make them happy.

Octavius: Aw thank you Ralsei, I try my best.

After 10 minutes all of them come back and give Octavius their lists.

Octavius: Thank you, now i'll quickly give them to him, i'll be back in a sec!

Octavius teleports away seemingly to the north pole, while he really just teleported to his office and put them in a draw, he put an alarm in his head so he wouldn't forget about them, and he teleports back to the living room.

Octavius: Done!

Frisk: Yay! thanks dad!

Octavius: No problem kiddo!

The kids continue watching the TV until it was their bed time, they couldn't sleep as they were to exited but finally fell asleep, Susie also went to bed leaving Kris, Ralsei, Atlas and Octavius.

Octavius: Well I should do the presents now, don't want it being too late and me forgetting about them.

Atlas: I've also got to go to bed, have to look my best for tomorrow! goodnight!

Ralsei: Goodnight!

Atlas went to bed as well and Octavius went and sorted the presents out, leaving Kris and Ralsei alone.

Ralsei: You ok now? you seem a lot better.

Kris: Still need... one thing...

Ralsei: What's that? tea? more hot honey and lemon?

Kris:... You...

Kris pulls Ralsei closer cuddling him, Ralsei was surprised but cuddled back.

Ralsei: How long were you waiting to say that?

Kris:... Since we got back.

Ralsei: Aww Kris, how long do you want to cuddle?

Kris:... Forever...

Ralsei blushes and cuddles more into Kris, after cuddling for 10 minutes they fall asleep into each other on the sofa. By the time Octavius had finished the wrapping it was 12am so he put the presents in their custom made sacks and walked into the living room surprised to see Kris and Ralsei asleep.

Octavius: *yawn* aww, i'll teleport them to their bed, don't want to wake them up.

Octavius clicks his fingers and they get teleported to bed, and Octavius was about to go to bed until he remembered one thing.

Octavius: Wait, I forgot Santa, have to make him real for the kids, it won't take that long.

Octavius then went back to his office and made a realistic Santa body and SOUL for it, and it had protection on it so Santa couldn't get infected.

Octavius: Did it work?

Santa: Where am I? who are you?

Octavius: I'll tell you that later, what is your intent? what is your job?

Santa: To bring joy to all children.

Octavius: Good, now test your "Ho ho ho" and be quiet, the kids are sleeping.

Santa: Ho ho ho.

Octavius: Great, now your job is to hide in here until I need you, food and water will be given to you, and feel free to use that bed if you're feeling sleepy. But I would suggest sleeping as you're going to be busy tomorrow, well today, but you know what I mean, do you understand?

Santa: Yes sir, sleep because busy today.

Octavius: Yep! goodnight!

Octavius clicks his fingers and teleports Santa onto the bed and put him to sleep. After sorting everything out he locks the door to the office and goes to bed himself. He collapses on the bed and instantly falls asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 129 24
It was days away from Christmas, and Kris was about to get the best present yet. But something tired to take that away from them. All character are o...
32.3K 392 94
Just some oneshots I wrote up. Requests are closed, thank you all for requesting and reading. All characters are owned by Toby Fox.
3.9K 42 9
After closing another dark world, Kris falls ill with a deadly disease that takes 1 week to kill them, will they get healed? or will they die? All ch...
34.7K 405 8
Seriously though. I'm just joining the bandwagon. Feel free to jump in for a ride. (A/N: A super, SUPER duper old dump of headcanons I wrote waaay ba...