The Bat and The Cat

By beautyofdawn

A Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle lovestory. These are characters inspired by the Dark Knight Trilogy. I own none... More

Part 1
Part 2- The Batcave
Part 3-Mister Wayne
Part 4- Cat
Part 5- Selina
Part 6-The Deal
Part 7-The Pearls
Part 8- Trust
Part 9-Team Work
Part 10-The kiss
Part 11- The Prisoner
Part 12- The Lawful Layer
Part 13-Wayne Manor
Part 14- The One Way Ticket
Part 15-The Prodigal
Part 16-Rachel
Part 17-The game
Part 18- The Truth Serum
Part 19-The Breakfast
Part 20-Poison Ivy
Part 21-Gotham Central
Part 22-Poor choice of words
Part 23-I'm not playing anymore
Part 24-Miss Dawes
Part 25-Two-Face Dent
Part 26- Daddy Dearest
Part 27-Maybe I'm not good
Part 28-Bruce Wayne
Part 29-An unlikely pair
Part 30
Part 31-Miranda Tate
Part 32-Silvia, The Cat
Part 33-Late at night
Part 34-Tommy Brooks
Part 35-A new threat
Part 36-The Doctor
Part 37- The Invitation
Part 38-Kiss me
Part 39-Bane
Part 40-Honesty
Part 41-Don't die
Part 42-Not enough
Part 43-Lost and Found
Part 44- I'm ready to return
Part 45-Jim Gordon
Part 46-Talia
Part 48-...more than Gotham
Part 49-Domestic
Part 50-Room for More

Part 47-Don't die

504 11 2
By beautyofdawn

The screech of the motorcycle tires echoed. Selina jumped off the bike and rushed to Bruce.

'What happened?' she asked, surveying his body.

'Miranda stabbed me,' he said, lifting his hand to reveal the wound. 'She shot Bane, she's-'

'Yeah, she's the evil bitch who orchestrated all of this,' Selina interrupted, pressing her hand to his side. 'Can you stand up?'

'Yes.'

Selina draped one of his hands around her shoulders and circled an arm around his waist. In one swift motion, she had him off the ground. Batman grunted and spit out blood.

'We need to go after her. She has the bomb.'

*
Selina pulled the truck door open revealing Miranda's lifeless body. Trying to avoid their chase, she had crashed into a wall. Her face was splattered by blood but her eyes were still open, staring right at Selena and she realised she felt sorry for this lonely woman that had died in such away. Hm, out of all the things Selina Kyle ever thought she was gonna do, feeling sympathy for Miranda Tate was not one of them. But it was not an altogether bad feeling. She sighed and closed the door on Talia.

'She didn't make it,' she told Bruce,  Gordon and Lucius. Bruce clenched his jaw but said nothing.

'So what do we do about the bomb?' Gordon asked.

'Throw it in the river?' Selina suggested.

'No, the blast power would still be too high,' Lucius explained.

'We need to fly it out,' Bruce said.

'No,' Selina said.

'You wouldn't be able to drop it far away enough. And if you do, you wouldn't be able to come back,' Lucius said.

'We have to try,' Bruce said.

Gordon looked him in the eye. 'We do.'

'No,' Selina repeated, louder this time.

'Selina,' Bruce started but she interested him.

'It's suicide.'

Lucius and Gordon took this opportunity to attach the bomb to the batmobile.

'I can make it. You know I can make it,' Bruce appealed.

'All I know is that it's always either the city dies or you die. How many times can you win, Bruce?' she whispered.

'I just need one more.'

He smirked at her and tears gathered in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head in his shoulder. 'Don't you dare die on me, Bruce Wayne!'

Bruce rested his head in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent, her warmth. He pulled away all too soon. 'If anything happens, I need you to be the one to tell Alfred...'

Selina nodded, the tears in the corners of her eyes were threatening to escape. Bruce place a gloved finger on her cheek. 'I love you, Selina Kyle.'

And he was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 116 6
"They don't know how beautiful darkness is." OC/Bruce Wayne
817 71 8
When Andrea Hadley finds a man injured in a alleyway he has no idea who he is. She finds herself falling in love almost before he remembers he's Bruc...
2.5K 43 9
After her last heist was foiled, famous jewel thief Selina Kyle has set her sights on more expensive exploites. Breaking into a Hermes store, she sta...
13.1K 526 23
; 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧. how terrible it is to love something that death ca...