I miss you like a little kid...

By joissoswaggy

NOT A SHIP ((slow burn, angst)) This is a slow burn about the growing friendship between Jake Wheeler and Jun... More

Mr. Faggy
Nintendo
The Treehouse
Halloween
comfort <3
"Thank you kisses"

Running away

1K 22 59
By joissoswaggy

Hey guys! I'm in quarantine so I can write a lot :) I'm so excited for the next few chapters. I know you guys are gonna love this one. Thank you so much for all the love and support <3 I love you guys. This chapter is kind of dramatic and cliché but its cute. See you at the end :)-M-))

TW: slight ED

Jake and Junior climb down the treehouse ladder and start running towards Jake's house. They ran through the forest, onto the trail, and out to Devon and Junior's neighborhood. They crossed the street and took a short trail that lead to Jake's neighborhood. They made it to Jake's house, gasping for air. Junior checked his phone for the time, it was around 4:30 so they still had a hour and a half before Lucas got home. Jake grabbed his key from his pocket and unlocked the front door. He ran up the stairs, Junior following him, they went into Jake's room. Jake grabbed a suitcase from his closet and placed it on the floor, Junior unzipped it while Jake grabbed a ton of his clothes. He threw them all on the floor while Junior folded them and put them in the suitcase. There was a knock on the wall, causing Jake to turn his head to the door. Devon.

"Hey, what's going on?" Jake's heart skips a beat. Does he not know about the party?

"I'm running away.." Devon's face immediately goes from calm to worried

"What? Where are you going? Why?" Devon asks questions but Jake doesn't answer any of them.

"Devon. We made out at the party" Devon looked confused

"What?"

"We both got wasted and made out at Oliver's party, everyone recorded it. Here, I'll show you" Junior looked over at Jake but decided to keep packing Jake's stuff for him. Jake showed Devon the video, he looked horrified. Devon just turned around and ran out of the house.

"Devon? Come back!" Jake ran over to the door and stopped, he turned to Junior. "Can you keep packing? Sorry"

"Of course, get your man" Jake laughed and ran down the stairs, following Devon. Devon was pretty far ahead, he tripped over a rock and fell to the pavement. Jake ran up to him.

"Devon! Are you okay?" Devon was crying, he didn't get up, just sat there hopelessly.

"Sorry for taking advantage of you Jake, I'm such a horrible person" Devon sobbed into his hands. Jake crouched down in front of Devon.

"Hey hey what are you talking about? You didn't take advantage of me, to be honest it was the other way around but it doesn't matter, we were both drunk. It didn't mean anything." Devon gave up on keeping the secret any longer.

"Exactly! It hurts because it didn't mean anything." Jake felt his heart wrench. He tilted his head.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm trying to say that I like you Jake! I have for a while but I knew you didn't feel the same and you don't even like boys I just feel this overwhelming rush every time I'm near you and it's driving me nuts." Devon rambled. Jake's eyes widened and his face turned red.

"Devon-"

"No, I understand Jake there's no need to apologize"

"Devon please listen to me" Devon took a deep breath and looked up at Jake, his eyes were glossy and full of hope. "I don't know how I feel, I've never felt this way about a boy, or really anyone. I just need time to think- I have a lot on my plate right now and I just need time. I'm so sorry." Devon feels his heart break a little. He just nods and stands up, Jake did the same. Devon gives Jake a weak smile.

"It's alright Jake, I understand. Just let me know when you have an answer, I'll see you around" Devon turns the other way and starts walking home. Jake just watches him leave, he wanted to say something but nothing would come out. Jake turns around and walks back to his house. He opens the door, shutting it behind him. He walks up the stairs and walks into his room. Junior had all his clothes packed, he zipped the suitcase shut and looked up at Jake.

"Hey, is everything okay? Where's Devon?" Jake looked into his cousins eyes and immediately fell to his knees and collapsed in Junior's arms, sobbing.

"Devon- he- he told me he liked me and I told him I needed time- I just let him leave" Jake could hardly breathe or speak.

"Well, do you like him?"

"I don't know, I just feel bad for watching him leave, I should've told him to stay" Junior hugged Jake. He reached over his cousin's back and checked the time, there was like 20 minutes til Lucas got home.

"Jake I'm sorry but we have to go" Jake nodded and sniffed. He got off of Junior and grabbed his backpack. He threw it over his shoulder and grabbed a photo of him and his mom. he placed it in his bag and grabbed the suitcase.

"Let's go" Jake and Junior left Jake's house and they started walking back to the treehouse.

"Jake, if you ever need to eat dinner, I know there isn't a way to cook out there unless you go all caveman- you can come over to my house and eat. My dad wouldn't really care but normally I don't eat dinner with him unless it's a weekend." Junior smiled at Jake to reassure him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yup" Junior put his hand on Jake's shoulder, pushing him a bit and Jake laughed, doing it back, causing Junior to chuckle a bit. Jake noticed a store near them and decided to pick up a few things for the treehouse, make it a bit more home-like. Jake took his money from his piggy bank back home, he had about $160 saved, most was birthday money from Junior's parents. Junior waited outside with Jake's suitcase and bag while Jake went inside. Jake grabbed a small cart and grabbed a bag of chips, a few movies and season 2 of West World, just for his cousin as a present for everything, a little stuffed animal to keep him company, and then the cheapest not electrical air mattress he could find. If he was gonna be staying in a treehouse, it had to be comfortable at night, he wasn't gonna sleep on the floor for god knows how long. He walked up to the self-register and payed for his items. He carried all the stuff from the store while Junior carried the backpack and the suitcase. They finally made it to the treehouse, both of their backs hurting like hell. Jake set down the stuff and Junior followed suit. Jake walked around and picked up the tree house a bit, putting things away, the blankets in the bin, the sleeping bags in the cupboard, the DVDs in the box under the TV stand. Now the the area was relatively cleared, he placed the mattress in the cupboard with the sleeping bags and put the chips on a shelf above the cupboards. Junior started unpacking the suitcase, playing the clothes nearly in a few boxes, since there was no dresser. Jake put the stuffed animal bear on the beanbag and Junior put Jake's school bag in the other beanbag. Jake sneaked the DVD of West World in the box without Junior seeing, he wanted it to be a surprise.

"Thanks Junior, I really appreciate all the help today" Jake put his hand on Junior's shoulder and looked him in the eyes to show he actually cared. Junior pulled him into a hug.

"Of course Jake, you're my cousin, and I would do anything to get you away from that asshole of a dad" Jake hugged him back, them staying like that for a few seconds before pulling away. "Are you hungry? We could go to my house and eat" Jake nodded and they headed out of the treehouse, shortly making it to Junior's massive house. They walk in and kick off their shoes, quickly, Annie came up to them.

"Junior, Jake. How are you boys? I haven't seen you in a while Junior, your mother is worried sick"

"Sorry Annie, I just had a sleepover at Devon and I's old treehouse, I forgot to text mom I guess" Annie smiled.

"It's alright Junior, thanks for telling me. Jake I haven't seen you since you and Junior were little, how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks"

"Did you two finally stop fighting and starting getting along again?"

"Yeah, we are pretty close now, It's been really nice"

"Yeah, It's comforting to have a friend that you are related to, helps you know they aren't leaving" Junior smiled at Jake and Annie was overjoyed.

"That's so sweet, are you staying for dinner Jake?"

"If I can that would be wonderful"

"Of course, Bree will be home soon, I'm not sure about Logan" Junior nodded and Annie started cooking dinner. The boys went upstairs to Junior's room to hang out a bit. They played some video games and watched some Youtube, it turned out they actually had a lot in common, though they are so different, Must be a family thing. Junior noticed some remains of nail polish on Jake's finger nails.

"Do you know how to paint nails?" Junior asked, his cheeks turning pink from embarrassment. Jake was confused at first but nodded,

"Do you want me to paint your nails Junior? I don't have any nail polish with me but I can" Junior got up and walked over to Bree's bathroom, grabbing black nail polish, q-tips, and some nail polish remover from Bree's beauty bag. Jake smiled and Junior sat on the floor in front of him.

"If my mom asks, you brought it from your house" Jake just laughed in response. He grabbed Junior's pointer finger, gently gliding the paint brush across his nail, quickly painting it black. He moved onto the next finger, and the next, then the pinkie, then the thumb.

"Blow on your nails, do not touch them" Jake said assertively before grabbing Junior's other hand and doing the same thing. After a few minutes, Jake pushed his fingers gently across all of Junior's fingers, making sure they were dry. Once he knew they were done, he put the cap back on the bottle and walked over to the bathroom, gently placing them back in the bag. Jake walked back to Junior's room, who was happily looking at his nails, showing them off to himself. He smiled, he's always wanted to paint his nails but his dad wouldn't let him. He thanked Jake multiple times before hearing Annie call for them for dinner. Jake and Junior walked downstairs and sat at the table, Annie placed their plates in front of them then went upstairs to clean more. Jake looked over to Junior, he had a nervous look on his face, he looked like he was slightly sweating, looking down at the food. Jake decided that they were close, but not close enough to bring up something like that.

"Hey Junior, I've thought about it more and I think I do like Devon, you're his best friend, do you know how to win him over?" Junior dropped his fork and looked over at Jake excitedly.

"Omg awe, I have an idea, Devon loves cheesy cliché romance movies, he loves grand gestures. He used to always tell me how he hoped for someone to throw pebbles at his window and confess their love- OMG JAKE IT'S RAINING ITS PERFECT" The sudden raise of Junior's voice made him jump, he looked at the window, it was indeed raining.

"Should I tell him?" Jake prepared himself.

"Duh, go over there!" Junior cheered his cousin on as he slipped on his vans and pulled up his hood, he gave Junior a toothy grin before running out the door and down the street to Devon's house. Junior was so proud of his cousin, he got up and took Jake's empty plate and his own full plate and cleared it off, putting them in the sink and sitting on the couch. Jake was running as fast as his legs would take him, stumbling every few steps. He made it to Devon's house, grabbing some pebbles off the ground and finding Devon's window. He ran over to the side of Devon's house and started throwing the rocks, just hard enough to make a tapping noise but not break the glass. Devon was sitting at his desk doing his homework went he heard taps on his window. He ignored it at first and checked his phone, still no messages from Jake. He heard the tapping again and sighed, deciding to check what it was. He pulled his curtains open, seeing the boy of his dreams, soaking wet in the rain, throwing pebbles. His stomach almost exploded with butterflies hitting all the sides. Devon opened his window and smiled,

"Jake? what are you doing out there? You could get sick" Devon was worried about his health but at the same time, overjoyed by the scene he was witnessing.

"I know how much you love cheesy romance movies so I came over here to tell you this" Devon laughed and blushed at the drenched boy below him, his hair was a mess, covering his eyes a bit. "Devon Evans, I love you, no- I'm in love with you, you are the boy of my dreams, the perfect one for me. I love your big brown eyes and your adorable smile. I love how your eyes light up when you're talking about true crime books or when someone asks you about your podcast. I love how much you obsess over biology class, though you are the only one who likes it, same with math. I love how deep you get into the book you are reading, like you are in your own little world. I love everything about you, And I know for sure now" Devon feels tears form in his eyes as he laughs at how adorable Jake is.

"Jake- you adorable dork- I love you too" Jake laughed, smiling.

"Come out and dance with me loser, I'm not getting sick for nothing, be a main character with me" Devon immediately shut his window and ran downstairs, slipping on his converse and running outside, hugging Jake, them spinning in a circle before Devon grabbing Jake's face and kissing him. Jake was shocked at first then kissed back, moving his hands to Devon's shoulders. After a few seconds, they let go and smile at each other, Jake pulled Devon back in, kissing his lips softly. This kiss was short and sweet but still had a lot of passion,

"Will you tell me why you ran away now?" Jake didn't really want to ruin the moment but he can't lie to Devon.

"It's my dad, he hits me and it's a really toxic home to live in, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I didn't want you to worry about me" Devon felt a sinking feeling in his chest.

"Well too late for that" He hugged Jake. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it's not fair, is that why you always have bruises and scratches?" Jake just nodded slowly. Jake then laughed softly

"It's also why Junior and I are best friends out of no where" Devon just did an "ohhhh" moment and laughed.

"I was wondering why you two were just buddy buddy out of absolutely no where, not complaining of course, It's really nice to be able to hang out with both of you" Jake nodded and smiled, Devon pecked him on the lips again. They held hands in a natural way and started walking inside of Devon's house. "We should probably shower and just stay here rather than going to the treehouse" Jake fully agreed and they walked up the stairs, Devon handed Jake a pair of pj pants and one of his hoodies. Jake got in the shower and started putting on Devon's clothes, the hoodie smelled just like him, it was wonderful. He walked out and put his clothes in the washer along with Devon's clothes. He walked out to the living room, seeing the boy on the couch scrolling through movies. "Wanna watch the notebook? I heard it was sad but good" Jake laughed and sat down on the couch next to the other boy.

"Sure why not" Jake pulled out his phone, texting his cousin.

Junior :)

Hey, your idea worked great, we are sitting on the couch together about to watch the notebook. Thanks man :) Goodnight love you

Jake put his phone away in his pocket and scooched closer to Devon, who turned on the movie. The movie lasted forever but Devon and Jake every minute of it. They started balling their eyes out together, holding each other close. Devon turned to Jake and sniffed, trying to seem tougher than he is. Jake wiped his tears with his sleeve, trying to do the same thing but it wasn't working, more tears just streamed down their faces. They whispered little "awws" and cuddled closer at the couple on the screen. When the movie ended, they were almost disappointed it was over, they both loved the movie though they would never admit it. Devon got up and blew his nose while Jake just sniffed it up and wiped his tears. Once Devon was at a stable state he walked back to Jake.

"We should probably go to bed, we have school in the morning and its alright 11" Jake nodded and they went upstairs, getting into Devon's bed, Jake wrapping his arms around the smaller boy, never wanting to let go. "Hey Jake?" Devon said, barely above a whisper.

"Yeah Dev?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course I will" Devon smiled and turned around to look at his brand new boyfriend, kissing his forehead then turning back around and falling asleep. Jake's eyes fluttered shut, but only for a bit. About a hour later, he woke up with a weird feeling in his gut, he turned over gently without waking Devon, and checked his phone. He had a message from Junior, which just said "goodnight love you too" and a message from his dad.

Dad.

I don't know where the hell you are but I don't care. Don't bother to come back, you aren't welcome here.

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long. I was healing from episode 8 for a bit, also I got a covid test and it came back positive so yeah when I feel good I'll write but I'm super sick so we will just see :) How did you guys like episode 8? I loved a lot of it but I'm really hurt by the end. You can probably guess what put I'm talking about. Spoilers!!: I had to convince myself to keep writing this fanfic bc Junior was still alive in it so it didn't hurt as bad :( (spoilers over) I might write a book where Junior was in love with Devon probably not but who knows- Chapter 6 will be out eventually hopefully you guys liked this one though it was super short. Let me know if you liked this chapter, it was cheesy but it makes me really happy. Thanks for all the support love you guys <3 -M
HOLY CRAP 1.14K READS??? THANK YOU SM

ebcjcbi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 2.1K 59
'Why does everything keep reminding me of the past? I don't want a repeat and I certainly don't want to be reminded. It hurts too much. One more thin...
1.4M 159 6
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. You...
4.8K 68 23
(Formally Titled: Sophomore Year: No More J.V - Mighty Ducks [CHADAM]) Marked as "mature" according to the guidelines, as this book contains swearin...
15.6K 155 15
Y/n Nguyen goes to Perry Middle School in Hackensack, New Jersey. She is best friends with Junior Wheeler and Lexy Cross. She is pretty popular in...