Her Selfless Love( Complete)

By suzangill98

"You told them you love me ,huh?" He asks with a raised eyebrows, jaw hardened and eyes narrowed at the shy g... More

Ezra
Reed Estate
Characters
He is back?
You!
Depth and weakness
The dinner
The interview
The first beat
The Angel
The first hand embarrassment
Date?
The disaster
The deception
Unveiling
In his arms
To loose control
What the hell happened?
In defence
The Secret
Strangers?
Lost Cookies
Reluctant?
Move on
The proposed
The gentleman
The bad experience
Private what?
The jet lag
Lost and found
His beasts
The beginning
Calling Trouble
The escape
The Loss
The truth
Enraged and engaged ?
The Kiss of fire
The proclaimation
Compulsion
The Preparations
The Wedding
Searching hearts
Ignorance
The shattering
The accident
Her audacity
The distance and disaster
Deception or truth?
The Realisation
A new leaf
The Lost one
Puppy Trouble
The Resemblance
The hidden enemy
Challenging monsters
The Decision
Just a memory?
The bloodshed
Her Family?
The Will to move on
The surprise
His Fascades
The Promise
In her Shadows
Curtain of truth
Authors note
The Wedding
Deception
The heartbreak
The game
Moving on
The broken Promise
Shattering Sanity
The lost friend
Epilogue
Epilogue ( Final)

The bruises

65.6K 2.7K 585
By suzangill98

They stare at each other, to only have his hand move back from her mouth. His eyes immediately flickering lower to her lips and he clenches his fist.

Pushing himself back from her, like her touch disgusted him. His back turned towards her, as she breathes heavily laying on the cold kitchen counter.

"No. It...it can't be true. I can't."

She says almost in disbelief. Her eyes fixed at his back.
As he starts the burner again, continuing with the cooking that he left.

"Get out Ezra."

He says in his harsh voice not looking at her anymore. But who said she was going to leave so easily, she had to clear her doubts.

No matter what it sounded like.

"I feel an ache down...th...there. Did we? Do that?"

She asks lowly afraid of his answer.
While his back stiffens immediately. His hands seizing.

Ignored.

Yet again.

"Aaron? I just asked you something. Answer me!"

Nothing. Except that prolonged silence. A cold aura hanging in the kitchen.

"Answer me dammit!"

She screamed this time. Her frame literally shaking. As the thought of loosing her virginity in such a state, made tears sting her eyes.

"Even if you are the only female left in the entire fuc*ing world Ezra. I wouldn't fuc* someone like you Stupid girl."

"My standards haven't fallen so low to touch filth like you."

His words, they were even worse than her thoughts. They broke her, trying to make her feel worthless.

The tears restrained at her eyelids, flowed uncontrolled.

He looks into her eyes with loathe. Nearly throwing the pan at the kitchen counter in frustration.

And she flinched seeing the metal thing hit the marble shelf with a loud thud. Her heart racing rapidly in her chest.

Filth? So much detest? So much hate? Why? It was not her fault last night.

"The next time you go out wearing slutty clothes like yesterday and flirting with random men, don't expect me or my brother's to come save your sorry ass."

"This was the last time."

With this, he walks passed her. With long heavy steps. Not caring of her falling tears.

Her heart thudding as she looks down at the floor. The throbbing in her head worsening.

Seeing him walk out, she holds the counter to control herself.

There was no doubt in this that the men loathed/ detested her. His words a testimony to it.

Then why are you so crazy about him Ezra. Let him go.

He is a taken man.

Don't infilterate his happiness with your existence, if he detests you to this extent.

She turns around , breathing heavily to return the room, to find him no where. Her footsteps slowing down as her her eyes stop on something placed beside the bed.

And that traitrous heart, again beats faster.

It was a note under a glass of water. The beautiful Lucida handwriting,too familiar to her.

Take it and come to office.

She looks at the painkiller placed beside the note,and she stares at him through the window. His car reversing as he puts on his shades and leaves for the office.

She tightly clenched the note to her chest, why? Why this now? If you hate me so much why don't you leave me on my own?

Failing to understand the complexities of this man, Ezra just sigh. Leaning her head against the wall .

Aaron Reed was beyond comprehension, and she felt afraid of his mysteries, if not intrigued.

......

Ezra's pov

The tranquility was bothering.

I hold back a yawn. Looking at the office watch, to only lower my head on my desk.

Aggh it feels suffocating.

"Miss Ezra. I was asked to give you this."

I look up to stare at my co worker smiling at me, with not to forget a pile of files in her hands.

Sliding the piles on my desk, I gave her a questioning look.

"You are to serialise the receipts and then upload them on the software."

Aggh! I hate this the most. It's so tiresome. But I don't show it to her, giving her a fake smile. I nod at her.

"Sure."

She was turning around to leave, when I stop her. My eyes stopping at the glass door, behind which his figure was missing.

It seemed quite unusual to me.

"Sir Aaron....he is still not back?'

She just shrugs her shoulders. Following my stare.

"The deal with the investors was cancelled. I guess that's what is keeping him busy."

"Oh okay fine. But his meetings?"

"I wasn't informed. But I guess they all stand rescheduled then. You can call him and ask?"

I lower my stare. Looking at the folders.

It wasn't that urgent...I guess I will inform others then.

Anything to avoid hearing his voice after his words this morning.

"I will manage. Thanks"

She smiles. Leaving me while I pick up the first folder from the pile. Getting to work.

...

I return back home to see Ben and Neil pacing down the hallway. Looking tensed. Mr and Mrs Reed sitting down , anxiously waiting.

Neil was the first one to take notice of my entry. His footsteps hasty as he stops in front of me.

"Ezra you are here."

Looking behind me to find something or rather someone.

"Brother. Brother is not with you?"

He asks sounding worried. Making everyone to look at me in hope.

I just shrug my shoulders, answering truthfully.

"Aaron? He was not in office today."

Neil just stares at me, to only turn his back on me. Running his hand through his hair.

"He never does that! "

Ben comes forward, placing his hand on Neil's shoulder.

"Calm down bro. He must be busy somewhere. Hopefully he will pick up our calls."

I look around surprised. They all were tensed because he was not here? It's rare. He never dies that.

Mrs Reed get's up to approach me, concern evident in her eyes.

"Ezra my child. When did you see him last. We are not able to reach him. My son never does that."

"He told May that you were with him last night, working extra hours. You must be knowing his whereabouts?'

He lied to everyone....for me yesterday? From what all I know about him, he never lies.

Like never.

The thought of him doing it against his nature for my sake churning something in my stomach.
I gulp, not knowing what to say. Sweat running down my neck.

"Mrs Reed. I...I...yes I was with him Yesterday. But I haven't seen him since morning."

The hope in her caring eyes flickers and I didn't like it one bit. Where was he? Is it because of me ....

No Ezra. Stop giving yourself so much importance.
The world doesn't revolve around you.

He doesn't care for you to be bothered by you.

I see Mr Reed trying his phone, to only sigh in dissapointement.

An hour passed with everyone trying to teach him, when suddenly Mr Reeds phone rings.

The colour draining from his face,as he heard the other person speak.

"Yes. Yes I am."
.
.

"No. I will be there."
.
.
.

"Yes. Thank you officer."

We all look at him in hope, his next words. Reigning terror in everyone's eyes.

"He is detained in police custody."

"What! Why?"

Mrs Reed asks to only have him Sigh. Looking up at us to reply.

"He seemed to be engaged in a fight with someone. The person was taken to the hospital."

My senses go numb...what if he is hurt? Is he fine?

Ben and Neil rush out accompanying Mr Reed ,while I just got settled on the sofa.

Running my hand through my hair.

.
.
.
.
Next half an hour passed like a decade. As I look at the entrance , waiting for him to return.

The anxiousness worsening in my chest.

My right leg shaking with anxiety.

The clock struck 11 at night, when I hear the sound of engines killing. Getting up, almost afraid.

Gulping I stare at the entrance, to only see Mr Reeds heavy voice. Footsteps following.

"This is not the way Aaron. I highly disapprove of this!"

I look and my heart leaped in my chest. He was there , in the centre with his usual cold look plastered on his face.

Walking down the halls casually, not replying to his father's reprimand. Ben and Neil walk on his either side.

The white shirt he was wearing before leaving in the morning, had blood strains on its collar. The arms folded up, to show his toned arms with protruding veins.

I look up further, to see his beautiful face lined in bruises. A small cut on his forehead and the other on his lips.

His hair dishevelled and those beautiful grey orbs, set in indifference.

Like the bruises and cute meant nothing.

"You could have talked it out with him. What was the need to do all this."

He again doesn't say anything. His features set in stone, to suddenly look up when Mrs Reed rushes towards him.

"Oh God. My child! What happened?"

"This must be hurting so bad!"

She holds his face in her palms assessing his injuries. To only have him hold her wrists. His stone features, thawing into a soft tone as he spoke to her.

"I am fine Mom. Don't worry."

Pulling his arm. She makes him sit on the sofa. To only call me.

"Ezra child. Please bring the first aid kit. "

And that's when his eyes lock with mine. And I literally forgot to breathe. His jaw was clenched. Gaze hardened at me and I couldn't help lower my eyes.

Not able to look at them.

Nodding, I turn around to leave and get the first aid. When his next words made me stop in my track.

"I am fine Mom. Stop. It's just a bruise."

"But Son-"

"I am not a kid mom. I can take care of myself. Stop treating me this way."

Getting up, his heavy footsteps hit the tiles and I go stiff.

"Aaron wait!"

Mrs Reed calls him as he walks passed me, to go out of the hall. To be only stopped by Mr Reeds words.

"Aaron. Stop. This is no way to behave."

"Your mother and we all were hell worried of your well-being."

"And what did the officer even meant by you nearly killing that guy in his own damn office."

He clenches his fist. Not saying anything.
To only have Mr Reed roar at him, something that I have rarely seen before.

"Answer me dammit! What were you thinking nearly punching Mr Jill's Son to death?"

Mr Reed blocks his path, anger evident in his eyes. While Mrs Reed tried to stop her husband but no use.

The fight between father and son was getting inevitable.

"Answer Aaron. Why did you do it."

Aaron doesn't say anything. To make Mr Reed more angry. Grabbing Aaron's collar, he makes him look up.

While everyone else gasp. Trying to calm Mr Reed but it was of no use.

Mr Reed felt ashamed of his son today, doubting the way he brought him up.

"Aaron Why!!"

Aaron doesn't answer, neither does he retort. Letting his father shake him vigorously. His cold eyes looking at him emotionlessly.

"They are not just anyone Aaron. They are the biggest investors in the corporate world. Their one complaint can ruin our entire reputation!"

Mr Reed pushed him back, making him stagger back a bit. But he still doesn't reply.

"They are the Williams dammit!"

Mr Reed screams.
And that's when I freeze. My mind going blank, with my heartbeat the only thing audible in my head.

Williams?

Nathan.

No...no...this can't be happening.

He said he hated me...he won't.

Did he....did he do this for me.

I look back at him shocked, to only see place his hands back in his pockets. Looking at Mr Reed one last time to walk away him for the first time.

"I don't fuc* ing care."

His cold voice, resonating in the silent hall as everyone stares at his retreating back.

Including me.

Why? Why will he do this for me. The thought terrifying ,yet confronting at the same time.

He was hurt because of me.

Mr Reed scolded him because of me.

Fuc* Aaron. Why are you doing this?

Why do you say you hate me and still act like you care.

Why dammit ! Why!

Why is it so difficult to understand you. Your words are like pointed knives piercing my heart everytime, but your actions?

Why are they so infuriating!

Ahhhh Aaron Reed.

Everytime I try to hate you and go away from you, you again tell me why I first began to love you.

Why my heart betrayed me the first time, to beat fast only for you.

No...I can't let Mr Reed scold him for this. He didn't deserve this.

Gathering up enough courage, I speak while clenching my fist.

"I...he did it for me!"

Silence follows as everyone stops to look at me. The sound of Aaron's heel hitting the floor silencing as he halts.

And my heart goes on a rampage in my chest.

Mr Reed's angry eyes set at me, to only soften. His tone, nothing like what he used with Aaron.

"Ezra child. What are you saying?"

He asks and that's when I gulp, looking up to see Aaron's angry orbs set at me. Daring me to say it.

But I do. I do dare to tell everyone the truth.

"... Nathan... William's son...he harrassed me Mr Reed."

"But nothing happened....I escaped from him and then Aaron saved me."

I declare to hear a glass shattering sound, I turn around to see mom standing there, looking at me in horror. The plate in her hands, laying shattered on the tiles.

She will kill me....she forbids me to enter into any relationship.

She tells me I am too naive for it.

She doesn't know...I lied to her.

Please forgive me mom.

I feel my cheeks burning ,as I meet everyone's stare.

Mrs Reed, Ben ,Neil...they all looked at me in shock.

While I just lower my eyes.

We are doing the right thing Ezra, stay strong. They all will understand.

You were not wrong.

They all will understand.

My thoughts are interrupted by Mom standing in front of me. Her eyes concerned and angry at the same time.

"What are you saying Ezra? When did it happen?

Mom asks, and I gulp the saliva caught in my throat.

"Mom...I...last night...I went out with Nathan....for some fun....to a club..."

"I ...."

"You said you were in office last night?"

I gulp. Lowering my eyes. Mom is very sweet trust me.....but those few times she gets angry....she can't be stopped no matter what.

I have seen her getting angry, but never at me.

Unless today.

She hates the one who lie like anything. And right now, her wrath was set at me.

"Aunt May-"

Ben says coming forward in my defense to only shut up, when mom showed him her hand .

"No one! No one will interfere in this and save her!"

Holding my shoulders she literally shakes me vigorously.

"Tell me Ezra! Asked you something!"

"I...am soory mom....I lied..to you"

I stutter afraid of her reaction, to only feel a sharp sting on my cheek as she slapped me.

My brain going numb for a second as a tear slides down my eyes.

"You lied to me Ezra? Is this how you fool me after I trust you enough to not question you anything."

She was right...I was wrong...I should have not lied to mom.

I broke her trust.

"May stop. Atleast listen to her. She is still youn-"

Mrs Reed comes to my rescue to be only stopped by May.

"What should I listen to Mrs Rose? That how that bastard touched her and..."

She breaks down herself, trying not to let her voice crack.

To again continue, looking at me with those burning orbs.

"Why did such a situation even arise Mrs Rose! What would have happened if the boy didn't save her on time?"

"She hides things from me...my daughter lied to me! I couldn't have even know that she....was in danger there."

Tears slide down mom's eyes. As I lower my eyes, not able to meet her gaze.

She is dissapointed in me.

"I ...am..sorry...mom..."

I say sobbing. Not able to control my tears.

"Sorry? What good is your sorry Ezra? Those boys? They are rich kids!"

"They use poor girls like you to only use you and throw you away. They would never marry a maid's daughter Ezra! Grow up and come out of your fairytale world."

I sob more, her words hitting like pointed knives passed my chest.

But it was true...what was I even thinking....I was just a nobody.

Why did I agree to go with him.

"May calm dawn. The child is literally shaking. It's enough. Plus why do you say it like that? Ezra is like my daughter-"

Mrs Reed says coming forward in defence. Placing her hand on mom's shoulder ,to be only stopped by mom.

"Like your daughter Mrs Rose! She is not your daughter! And what she did today will never be pardoned by me. Never!"

Mom breaks down screaming, leaving my shoulders to rush out of the room.

"Mom... please.."

She doesn't stop as I look at her rushing out of the hallway, and I feel ashamed of myself.

Was I that wrong? Stel goes to parties everyday....but she is Stel Ezra.

A rich man's daughter.

Not a poor girl like you.

Mom is right. I am such a fool!

My entire frame shakes and I was going to fall down myself, to be only held by Mrs Reed

"Shh calm down its fine."

I cry on her shoulder. Tightly hugging her.

"Mom...will hate me!"

"Shh she won't don't worry my child."

"She loves you."

Mrs Reed say and I can't help, break down completely in her arms.

Mom hates me.

I know she will never trust me again.

I am so sorry mom...I am sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3M 760K 53
What is he doing? "Embre." I'm still pressed up against him, my breath quickening by the second. "Yes?" I ask breathlessly, he placed his hand in my...
299K 8.5K 115
"Why did you do it Eli?!", I growl with tears falling down my cheeks. Eli just stares at me with no emotion and then looks down to the ground. "Fucki...
3K 259 45
**Unedited** "She can't come to the phone right now. I'll be happy to take a message for you." My blood runs cold. "Where is she? What have you done...
2M 120K 46
STANDALONE ( #1 Tempted By Billionaires ) ❝ you stepped inside this monster's closet all by yourself and now, there's no way out...❞ The door of the...