Echo (Undertale) (Deltarune)

By DoctorBlu5

After defeating an enemy, Kris has swapped universes with someone, but who? All characters are owed by Toby F... More

Welcome to my story
Swapped | Chapter 1
To Snowdin! | Chapter 2
To the Lab! | Chapter 3
Progress! | Chapter 4
Battle of the gods | Chapter 5
The Machine | Chapter 6
PLEASE! | Chapter 7
GENOCIDE! | Chapter 8
Somewhere familiar | Chapter 9
Contact! | Chapter 10
The SOULs are free | Chapter 11
Another universe | Chapter 12
It's done | Chapter 14
Rescue | Chapter 15
Home | Chapter 16
New life | Chapter 17
The surface | Chapter 18
First lesson | Chapter 19
Christmas Eve | Chapter 20
Christmas Day | Chapter 21

Nightmare | Chapter 13

58 1 1
By DoctorBlu5

Paradise universe:

Octavius wakes up in a sweat.

Octavius: Ugh... that dream... no... it can't happen... please... it won't happen... I just... need some air...

Octavius gets up and leaves the castle, he goes into the garden and sits on the bench while thinking about the dream he just had. After sitting there for 10 minutes, he started to hear singing from the top of the castle.

He looked up at the balcony and he saw Ralsei singing his song, he just listened to it, as he's never heard Ralsei sing before, and he found it very peaceful. When Ralsei stopped, a single tear came from his eye, he wiped it off with his hand and looked at it like he's never cried before. He just wiped the tear on his robes and continued to sit in silence with the birds chirps only breaking the silence.

After sitting in the garden for an hour surrounded by the beautiful flowers, he got up and went back into the castle to get his breakfast. Only Ralsei was awake and he was just reading his newspaper. Ralsei looked up from his newspaper and gave Octavius quick smile and wave, lifting it back up, he then quickly lifted it back down and Octavius seemed to have a sad look on his face.

Ralsei: You look sad, what's wrong?

Octavius: Nothing, i'm fine.

Ralsei: No what is it?

Octavius: I just... had a bad dream...

Ralsei: What was it about?

Octavius: Can we talk about it... in the garden?

Ralsei: Sure!

Ralsei puts his newspaper down and they go to the garden, they sit down on the bench together.

Ralsei: So what was it about?

Octavius: I dream, like a normal person, but it happens very rarely. I dream about the future, and so far it's been good things, I dreamt I won the lottery and a day later I did, and I dreamt that I would meet an old friend and I did.

Ralsei: Oh, well those sound like nice dreams.

Octavius: But I just had a horrible one... a nightmare if you will.

Ralsei: What was it?

Octavius: I was knelt down over a children's body... it was Frisk... and surrounding me were all of the other 6 humans. I was just... crying... because I lost all of my children... but i'm scared Ralsei... because something big... something more powerful than me... is coming... and it could end me...

Ralsei:... But you said it was a nightmare, nightmares don't come true, right?

Octavius:... Once... this has happened once before... the night my planet died... I had a nightmare about that... one day before it happened... I tried to warn everyone... but they thought I was just crazy... and locked me away... as saying things like that could get you killed... that's how serious we took it... I just cried in my cell... not even my family came and seen me... I didn't even get to say goodbye... as the very next day... the planet died... and so did everyone... except for me... do you know why?

Ralsei: No.

Octavius: Because I ran away... like a cowered... some people saw me escape the planet and they called me a cowered... for not facing death... but I just watched... everyone dying... one by one... like lights turning off in a city... and I couldn't do anything... as I was still just a teen... before I had my powers...

Ralsei: What did kill everyone and your planet?

Octavius: Loneliness... that's why i'm scared of it... because everyone else was... we were a secluded planet... we trusted no one expect ourselves... so we had no one to call out for when it attacked... I escaped in an escape pod... leaving everyone to die and go to another planet... there I was adopted by my family... that I actually loved... sure I got bullied in school because of my name and where I came from... but one day... someone helped... it was Harold and his other friend... and his friend was Atlas... that's why we're great friends... because they accepted me for who I was... I would follow them... doing their crazy antics... and defend each other against the school bully... the bully insisted everyone call him "Master" but we didn't... as we had no respect for him... but after we finished at college... we all went our own ways... but many years later... we all met again as we were working at the same job... we hung out like we used to... but one day would change all of that...

Ralsei: What day was that?

Octavius: The day I became immortal... I think you already know the story... but when I felt the power... I went crazy... and when Atlas tried to step in... I banished him to the void... never seeing him ever again... Harold had just seemed to have disappeared after that happened... I was alone again... but a few years later... after I punished myself for what I did... I heard a voice... it was "Master"... I had of course forgotten about him... and we became friends... then years later he revealed he got hit with the immortal particles and went crazy as well... after telling each other what we did... we promised to ourselves... not to harm anyone anymore... that's why I hate fighting... because it reminds me of past me... and I hate that me... oh, i'm rambling again, i'm sorry.

Ralsei: No, it's fine, i'm listening, i'm here for you.

Octavius: I'm just scared Ralsei... i'm scared i'm going to kill them all... i'm scared that something is coming and I know it is... i'm scared...

Ralsei: Hey, it's going to be ok, it was just a nightmare, i'm sure it won't happen, and if it does, then we'll be here, to fight it, together.

Ralsei gives Octavius a hug and he hugs back, the hug made him feel much better, like someone actually heard him and listened.

Octavius: And I just want to say, your singing is beautiful.

Ralsei: Thank you, wait! you heard it?

Octavius: Yeah, i've been awake for an hour now.

Ralsei: Why haven't you gotten anything to eat?

Octavius: Because I didn't feel like I could...

Ralsei: How about I make you some? do you like pancakes?

Octavius: Yeah I do.

Ralsei: Great! then i'll make you some!

Octavius: Thank you, for listening to me, I really needed to get that off my chest.

Ralsei: I know it's hard to talk about your past, but you did a great job talking about it, and if you need anyone to talk to, then i'll be happy to.

Octavius gives him a hug and didn't want to let go, Ralsei hugged back and after talking things over, Octavius started to feel much better, he followed Ralsei in and sat down on the sofa watching the TV.

When Ralsei brought the pancake over to him, it was shaped like a love heart heart, Octavius just looked at it, trying his best to hold back his tears.

Octavius: Ralsei, you're going to make me cry.

Ralsei: I just want you to know you're loved.

Octavius: I know, but it might be too much for this old man, you might make me cry.

Ralsei: Of happiness?

Octavius: Yes.

Ralsei: Then that's good. I'll also make the others their pancakes!

Octavius: You're an amazing person Ralsei, keep being you, and never stop bringing smiles to people's faces, because in the end, it's all that counts.

Ralsei: Now you're going to make me cry.

Ralsei went back into the kitchen and Octavius ate his pancake, trying so hard not to cry all over it and make it all soggy. After he finished his breakfast, the 7 humans came down stairs and sat at the table. Ralsei gave each of them their pancakes, and they each had their own shape on what SOUL they had.

When all of the humans fished their pancake they joined Octavius in the living room, but then all of them heard a loud roar, and Ralsei poked their head out.

Octavius: The hell was that?

Ralsei: Don't be scared guys, it's just Susie waking up, she yawns when she wakes up and it happens to be a roar.

Octavius: Ohhh, well good to know it wasn't someone outside.

Frisk: What are we doing today?

Octavius: I have a plan, but it involves all of us so i'll tell you it when everyone else wakes up.

Frisk: Oh, ok!

Octavius: Did you guys like your pancakes?

Frisk: Yeah!

Octavius: Awesome! what shape was it? or was it just normal pancake shape?

Frisk: I had a heart!

Julius: I had a thumbs up!

Candace: I had a bandage!

Reginald: I had an egg shaped one!

Marcellus: I had a four leaf clover!

Dancia: I had a music note!

Anwyll: I just had the word Hope!

Octavius: Wow! it sounds like Ralsei knew what you guys healed with.

The others then came down for their breakfast, and after they finished it Octavius revealed the plan for today.

Octavius: So the plan for today is we are going to do some training, because if i'm not around or you're alone then you need to know how to defend yourself from enemies. It doesn't have to be with weapons as you can simply talk it out, but if the enemy isn't listening then you might have to. Ralsei, seeing as you know the most about this place, could you teach them what to expect?

Ralsei: Sure! it would be a pleasure!

Octavius: Great!

They go into the courtyard and Ralsei starts to teach them what they can do.

Ralsei: I forgot my dummy for you guys to practise on.

Kris: It's fine, i'll be the dummy.

Ralsei: What? are you sure?

Kris: Yeah, as long as they don't kill me, i'll be fine.

Ralsei: Hmm, ok, well I guess you can practise on Kris.

Kris stands opposite them and gets their sword out ready to dodge their attacks.

Ralsei: So first what you can do is ACT, you can talk to the enemy and lower their guard so you can use MERCY on them. And it all depends on the enemy as they each have their own attacks so talk to Kris first.

They used ACT one by one and for some reason all of the options were flirt so they did it one by one, some making Kris blush some not.

Kris: Flirts? not bad.

Ralsei: You can keep using ACT until you can MERCY them, next is DEFEND, it reduces the enemy's attack damage so you'll be able to survive for a bit longer is you're on low HP, give it a try, and Kris try not to hurt them too bad.

Kris: I'll try.

All of them use DEFEND and Kris attacks using their sword, it did land on some of them but only did 1HP so it wasn't that bad.

Ralsei: Some of you did get hit, but it's fine as it only did 1HP but the other enemies are going to do more than that, so try your best to DEFEND against it. You each have your own inventories and you can keep food in it so when you're on low HP you can eat it and you're HP will go back up.

Susie: What about FIGHT?

Ralsei: Well I don't like fighting, but you can teach them as you know the most about it.

Susie: Gladly!

Susie and Ralsei swap places and Susie is now teaching them how to FIGHT.

Susie: So you should each have your own weapons you can us on the enemy if you don't want to ACT, but let me show you how I do it.

Susie sings her axe at Kris and Kris uses their shield to deflect it.

Susie: Kris! you're an enemy remember? they don't have shields.

Kris: Well I do, so shush.

Susie: Ok, this might be confusing, but only Kris has a shield, regular enemies just take the hit without any defence.

All of them use FIGHT and Kris puts their shield down so they know how a real enemy works, they don't do much damage but they all critical hit Kris, so it does a bit more damage than normal.

Susie: Why'd you lower your shield?

Kris: So they know that enemies don't have shields.

Susie: But you used it on me.

Kris: Because you have an axe, it would do so much damage.

Susie: Fair point.

Frisk: Is that it?

Ralsei: That's just the basics yes.

Octavius: You could practise on each other for the time being, it's always good to practise as you never know when an enemy might attack.

Ralsei: That's very true.

The humans begin practising on each other, FIGHTing, ACTing, and DEFENDing. Octavius just watches them with pride, forgetting about the nightmare he had and what was about to come. It soon reaches lunch time and they decided to in go after training.

Time Twist universe:

Atlas: Guys we have a problem.

Ralsei: What is it?

Atlas: Susie's been taken to a different universe, so we have to get the unicorn tear.

Chara: Unicorn tear?

Atlas: Yes, to build something. But I don't know how to get to the dinosaur universe, so we have to look through the universe catalogue.

They all go to the computer and look at the universe catalogue, and after searching for it they finally found it and Atlas put the coordinates in his device and all of them went through the vortex.

Atlas: Here we are!

Ralsei: Shhhh.

Atlas: Why?

Ralsei: Don't dinosaurs live here as well? we don't want to get eaten.

Atlas: Oh yeah, good point.

Chara: Dinosaurs? unicorns?

Atlas: Yeah, in this universe the dinosaurs never got wiped out and unicorns live with them.

Chara: Huh, interesting, I wanna kill one!

Atlas: No! we aren't killing any dinosaurs or unicorns!

Chara: Aw c'mon! I just want it's horn!

Ralsei: Uhh guys...

Atlas: No!

Ralsei: Guys...

Chara: Please! just one! it's a souvenir! how often do you get chance like this!

Ralsei: Guys!

Chara & Atlas: What!?

Ralsei: I don't want to scare you, but there is a dinosaur above us.

All of them look up and a Spinosaurus was looking down at them and it looked hungry.

Chara: I can take it.

Atlas: No! you will die!

Frisk: You two are still arguing while a hungry dinosaur is about to eat us! well I hope all of you are ready to run as it looks hungry.

Ralsei: Yes, can we run already?

All of them start to run and the Spinosaurus chases after them with it's mouth drooling. They tried to our manoeuvre it but it didn't work, it only got closer and closer.

Chara: Why are we running!? aren't you a god!?

Atlas: I'm not killing a dinosaur just for the sake of it!

Chara: We're going to get eaten! kill it!

Atlas: No! no more deaths!

Chara: Well does anyone else have any ideas!? because it's gaining on us!

Kris: Run into more dinosaurs.

Chara: What!? that would get us killed faster!

Kris: Trust me, why would it waste it's energy on something small like us when it can eat something big and not waste it energy?

Chara: Well you better be right! because if we die then i'll kill you!

Kris: Sure.

They decide to listen to Kris and run into large group of dinosaurs hiding from the Spinosaurus, the Spinosaurus instantly got distracted by the other dinosaurs and it gave them the chance to hide behind a big rock while it was hunting the other dinosaurs.

Chara: Wow, that actually worked.

Ralsei: That was very smart Kris, how did you know how to think of that?

Kris: Big meat eater dinosaur chasing us, why would it want to waste it's energy on something small like us when it could eat bigger things.

Chara: You still could have killed it.

Atlas: I made a promise, not to kill anyone or anything without a reason.

Chara: There was a reason.

Atlas: I know, but if we were corned with no where to go, then I would, but because we were still running away from it I knew we could escape it. And if I swear to god if you do take a unicorn's horn then I won't be happy.

Chara: No promises.

Ralsei: Look, there's one over there.

They saw a unicorn in the distance and crept over to it quietly as they could while whispering.

Ralsei: It's so beautiful.

Chara: Won't be saying that when I kill it.

Ralsei: Don't you dare.

Atlas: We aren't killing anything, we are going to get the tear and leave.

Chara: Fine.

Ralsei: How are we going to get it?

Atlas: I'll time stop the surrounding area, so no dinosaurs can sneak up on us like last time.

They got closer to the unicorn with out making any noises, and as Atlas was about to time pause the area, a t-rex popped out of no where scaring them all, luckily the t-rex was too focused on the unicorn to see them.

Atlas: Ok, everyone back away slowly.

They slowly back away as quietly as they could from the t-rex, and then they heard the worst noise they could hear when surrounded by dinosaurs.

*snap*

Ralsei: Oh no.

Chara: Who the hell broke a twig.

Ralsei: May have been me.

Chara: Great, hopefully it didn't hear it.

The t-rex heard the twig snap and it walked over to where it came from, everyone just sat there, as quietly and slowly as they could whilst moving away from it. Chara then bumped into something and it was the Spinosaurus that was chasing them before.

Chara: We have a problem.

Atlas: What is it?

Chara: The dinosaur that was chasing us is behind me.

They turn around and see the Spinosaurus towering over Chara who was sitting on the floor. Atlas now knew he had to do something to get them out from being eaten.

Atlas: I think I should get us out of here.

Chara: Ya think? we are surrounded by big meat eating dinosaurs.

Ralsei: How are we going to get out of here?

Atlas: I'll just stop time, get up and leave, and unstop time, leaving them confused.

Chara: Well it better work.

Atlas stands up, alerting both of the dinosaurs near them, they ran over to him and as they were about to eat him, he clicked his finger, stopping time around them and stopping him from getting eaten.

Atlas: That was close.

Chara: Now I can kill them!

Atlas: No! I will simply leave you here if you do kill one.

Frisk: Then i'll stay with them.

Atlas: You can get up now, we just need to leave.

The rest of them get up and leave the dinosaurs, and after they were far enough away, Atlas clicked his fingers and unstopped time, leaving the dinosaurs confused. They walked up a hill so they could look around them better, but when they were looking on the ground, Ralsei notices something in the sky.

Ralsei: Why's there another sun?

Atlas: What.

Atlas looked up at the sky where Ralsei was pointing and it seemed there was another sun in the sky.

Atlas: Oh no.

Ralsei: What is it?

Atlas: The meteor, it's back, and it's going to hit.

Chara: What!? well how much time do we have!?

Atlas: Judging by how big it is and where we are, 6 hours.

Chara: What!? 6 hours!? where are we!?

Atlas: Well looking at the big pool of water in front of us, the gulf of Mexico.

Chara: So we're at the impact site!?

Atlas: Yep.

Ralsei: Do we have enough time?

Atlas: Well it's already starting to get hot, and we are wasting time by just talking, but if we find a unicorn quickly then we do have a chance of surviving.

Chara: Well why are we still talking!? we have to get out of here!

Ralsei: Can't you time stop it for now?

Atlas: No, I can't time stop important events, and it would take so much energy to time stop that big of a meteor, it would use all of my power and we would have no way out.

Chara: Great, well be better start looking for a unicorn.

They went down the hill looking for a unicorn while the meteor heated up the earth slowly. After looking for 2 hours, they still didn't find a unicorn, and all of them were really starting to feel the heat, it felt like they could hardly walk by how hot it was.

Chara: How long... left?

Atlas: 4... hours...

Chara: Isn't... there... another universe... with... unicorns?

Atlas: I'd have to look through the catalogue... but it's at home...

Chara: That's fine... just get us out of here...

Atlas: Do... we all agree... to leave?

Chara: Yes...

Ralsei: Yes...

Kris: Yeah...

Frisk: Yes for god sake...

Atlas: Alright... but if we don't find one... we have to go back here...

Atlas creates the vortex and they go home, leaving the hot earth. As soon as they felt the cool air, they all sat down and Atlas looked through the catalogue.

Chara: That was hell.

Ralsei: I feel so bad for those dinosaurs, dying like that.

Chara: well it is important for evolution to happen, because if it didn't happen then we wouldn't be here would we?

Ralsei: I guess you're right, but I still feel bad for them.

Chara: They tried to eat us.

Ralsei: They could be hungry, or needed food for their children, and you wanted to kill one, imagine if it had a family, and it never returned home.

Chara: Oh don't start to say that, you're becoming one of those vegans.

Frisk: *cough* I wouldn't say that in this day and age.

Chara: Why? if the vegans don't like it then they can shut up and let us eat whatever we want to eat, and stop forcing people to stop eating a certain meat.

They all just went quiet after Chara kept on her rant, and after 5 minutes of the rants Atlas comes out.

Atlas: Yo! got somewhere new!

Ralsei: Really? where?

Atlas: It's in the medieval era, apparently this universe has unicorns as well, but they live with the medieval era.

Chara: Wait, what country?

Atlas: Where else? the United Kingdom!

Chara: Great, wait are they going to speak in Shakespearean?

Atlas: No, he came way after the medieval era, he's not that old.

Chara: Then how will we understand them?

Atlas: Use the translation app.

Chara: Well what do they speak?

Atlas: Latin, Middle English, and Anglo-Norman. So the translation app should be able to understand them.

Chara: What year?

Atlas: 1527, so when Henry VIII was the king.

Chara: So a beheading fat king.

Atlas: Hey! it's either the dinosaurs or him! your choice!

Chara: *sigh* fine, Henry it is.

Ralsei: What's the plan?

Atlas: Try our best not to run into him, it could alter time and I don't want any of us being beheaded. And if we do run into him, Ralsei, don't mention you're a prince, as we don't want you to get beheaded.

Ralsei: Oh, ok.

Atlas: We find a unicorn, get the tear, and get out of there. And make no contact with anyone, got it?

Ralsei: Yep!

Atlas puts the vortex coordinates in his device, he goes over the rules again and he makes the vortex. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 96 27
The barrier is broken, monsters and humans are living in peace, everyone is happy except for one person. Frisk has been getting waking nightmares abo...
6.9K 129 24
It was days away from Christmas, and Kris was about to get the best present yet. But something tired to take that away from them. All character are o...
4.2K 65 28
You and your mom had recently moved into a small town infested with Monsters. And no one including yourself knows where you came from... but would on...
19.6K 555 13
DONT READ THIS 🙏🙏🙏🙏