Unrequited

By thisisnotjers

Unrequited, Amelia's one sided "love" and obsession, but everything flipped anyways, so who would care? This... More

Chapter 1- Dear past life
Chapter 2- Fairytales
Chapter 4- Noticing the Change
Chapter 5- The color of his life
Chapter 6- Countdom of Geonard
Chapter 7- Strange Book
Chapter 8- Schemers
Chapter 9 - Falling in Love (0.1)
Chapter 10 - Falling in Love (0.2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 - A wish
Chapter 13 - No escape
14 - Memory, time and fate (1.0)
Chapter 15 - To never trust

Chapter 3- Changing the point of view

130 9 0
By thisisnotjers

On the day of meeting~

In a garden surrounded by red roses, birds chirp as some fly and swans looked elegant in the lake.  And the dome reflected the sun's rays as if it never existed.
the garden wasn't hot nor cold, it was the perfect temperature.

But those weren't the main characters for todays meeting.

Golden hair that the sun complimented every time it's rays would hit it.
Eyes of Citrine that looked sharp and clearly like jewel.

In a long off-shoulder but comfortable elegant looking gold dress, a beautiful lady is escorted by the Grand duke to the medium round shaped table.

Alexis moved backward the chair for Amelia and Amelia sat while Alexis did the same.

"You chose a good place, Grand duke"
Amelia grinned.

"This was Marlon's decision"

"Then let's move to the main topic"
Amelia changed the topic.

"As you know, it's been 4 years since i received my title as Grand duke"

"Ah, yes, i know that"
Amelia brew a two tea's, for her and Alexis.
After she brewed it, she gave back alexis his cup by Sliding it to him.

"Thank you, your highness"

"So, for the hospital, i've told the Emperor and he was okay with it... we should just do as i say to make it way faster, regarding the place where they should stay after getting treated..."
Amelia paused and sighed.

but before she can even utter a word-

"I'll build a place for them, the places where usually accidents happen should be reconstructed... and have safety barriers"
Alexis suggested and looked at Amelia.

"The magic wizards have much power, but not enough to cover the whole place, you'll need about 50 wizards to do that and so that the barrier will last eternally..."

"Then that's okay, that is the only way after all"

'He's going to spend quite a fortune on that'
Amelia remained speechless for a few seconds.

As she played with the tip of the teacup with her fingertips...
"Alright then it's all set"
Amelia said with a relieved expression.

"Your highness, the Emperor is severely sick, and the Empire is crumbling under his rule... if it continues to crumble down, we might be forced to make you Queen"
Alexis looked at Amelia, who's playing with the edge of the teacup with her fingertips.

"I'm already the Crown Princess Regent, yet it's still crumbling?"
Amelia chuckled but didn't look at Alexis.

"The Regents power is still weak, after all, the Emperor still does things that interfered with your decision despite the fact that you're his beloved daughter"

Alexis looked at Amelia's fingertips and said without minding what he was saying, as if getting hypnotized by Amelia's own fingertips'

"the only thing he interferes with is marriage decisions and crown prince candidates... the reason the power of the regent is weak is because the Emperor still makes decisions for the nation"

Of course it was normal since he was the Emperor, but it also means the regent can make less decisions for the Empire.

The Emperor was sick and couldn't think properly like how he used to... but he was still able to go around.

Since other were waiting for his last breathe, they pretended to act nicely until he took his last breathe, because even though he was sick, it wouldn't change the fact that he was the Emperor and he has a short temper.

"But your highness doesn't like being underestimated, right?"
Alexis smirked at Amelia as if starting a plan.

"What is it that you want, grand duke?"

It was pretty obvious for Amelia as she was familiar with that smirk from her past lives.

Alexis loosened his smile and put on a serious expression.

"The high-ranking nobles can make a wish, is that correct, your highness?"
Alexis' eyes was filled with curiosity.

"Yes, why?"

"I just wanted to confirm it, so that i can move with my plan"

"what plan?"
Amelia tilted her head a bit to the left as she was curious what plan this schemer was planning.

"A private matter"
Alexis sighed with relief.

"Fine..."
Of course, Amelia was born with a Villainous side, but she has one side that makes her personality cute, she always gets curious and even butts in with other peoples matters.

But she was talking to a grand duke, someone almost like royalty. She can't just underestimate his power and she knew that from the lesson she learned in her past life.

"Anyways, tomorrow is your mother's birthday"
Amelia drank the tea.

"Yes"

"I wish the previous grand duchess a healthy and joyous life"

"I thank you in her stead, your highness"
Alexis nodded.

"But the Grand duke... is no longer in this world, will your mother be alright?"

"my mother is brave, she can handle things very well"
Alexis smiled to cover his sadness as Amelia unintentionally poured salt in his wounds.

But it was obvious that the smile was fake,
so Amelia stopped and placed back her tea.

"My apologies, grand duke, i forgot my manners"
Amelia expressed a apologetic expression, as she acted without manners, mentioning a dead person in front of their relatives that still had their scars open from their death.

"It was nothing, unlike her highness, this Grand duke lost his father... and wasn't even able to apologize to his father after i committed sins that may have hurt his feelings...."

Alexis' eyes were filling with tears, but of course Amelia knew Alexis would never drop that tears as he trued to be stoic all the time.

"it's okay to cry, Alexis, your eyes will redden if you keep the tears there..."
Amelia said with a tone as if she was teasing Alexis.

It was one of Amelia's skills... to make people happy... and Alexis didn't know that.

He always thought that Amelia was just a childish and naive girl. But she wasn't.

Tear dropped from Alexis' violet eyes but Amelia catched it.

"there there, hahahah so even the grand duke cries"
Amelia giggled.

"hey i'm not...!!"
for the first time... Alexis replied withcan  like a child getting teased.

Even after moments passed, they started teasing each other.

Alexis's heart and mind, slowly beating for the person who tried to change his emotions.

Blush.

Alexis' eyes looked at Amelia's... speechless and blushing... like a young man who felt his heart beat for the first time.

'I didn't know... that being teased by this person... was fun than i thought...
and i didn't know... this person was fun to be with...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 224 27
In life situations arises some good some bad but what is important is how we handle them,Love they say is beautiful yes it is but the bitter side of...
212K 11.9K 75
[ ᡁᴺᴱᴰᴡᡀᴱᴰ , αΆ α΄±α΄±α΄Έ αΆ α΄Ώα΄±α΄± α΅€α΄Ό αΆœα΄Όα΄Ήα΄Ήα΄±α΄Ία΅€ α΅€α΄΄α΄± α΄³α΄Ώα΄¬α΄Ήα΄Ήα΄¬α΅€α΄΅αΆœα΄¬α΄Έ α΄±α΄Ώα΄Ώα΄Όα΄ΏΛ’] °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Ιͺα΄› α΄›α΄œΚ€Ι΄α΄‡α΄… α΄α΄œα΄› α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› ᴅʏΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄€ α΄˜ΚŸα΄€Ι΄α΄‡ α΄„Κ€α΄€κœ±Κœ α΄‘α΄€κœ±Ι΄'α΄› α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴇɴ...
663K 23.5K 57
' 𝗒𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖾! 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖾 π–»π—Žπ—…π—…π—’ 𝗑 𝖿𝖾𝗆! π–»π—Žπ—…π—…π—‚π–Ύπ–½ 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋. βͺ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ , a 𝗆𝖺𝗇 π—π—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ π—π—ˆ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—… π—π—‚π—Œ οΏ½...
35.3K 1.3K 24
y/n's mother had just got remarried and the girl who had been blessed enough to have two sister's now has an extra seven brothers but what happens wh...