The Doberman

By nayawritess

Azalea Caruso is the heir to the Caruso Mafia, an assassin and cutthroat. She hates the idea of marriage but... More

Visuals and a note :)
Chapter 01: Meeting trouble.
Chapter 02: Tesoro
Chapter 03: Leonardo Ricci isn't that bad...
Chapter 04: Power duo
Chapter 05: That's how Azalea Caruso works
Chapter 06: Exes and psychos
Chapter 07: French kissed and flawless
Chapter 08: Players and protectors
Chapter 09: Ricci-Caruso bonding
Chapter 10: Shooting hearts
Chapter 11: Gunshots are like chirping birds now
Chapter 12: Pain and pleasure
Chapter 13: Stalker in the USA
Chapter 14: Soon to be?
Chapter 15: Till death do us part.
Chapter 16: 1 month to forever?
Chapter 17: I spy a traitor...
Chapter 18: Trapped.
Chapter 19: A lie for love
Chapter 20: Dolore
Chapter 21: Signatures and Suspicions
Chapter 22: Fiducia
Chapter 23: Ci vediamo all'inferno
Chapter 24: Just an alliance.
Chapter 25: Have a blessed life.
Chapter 27: New beginnings, same faces.
Chapter 28: Stronzo
Chapter 29: Wedding bells, same hotels
Chapter 30: Spend the night
Chapter 31: Giglio
Chapter 32: I do...or do I?
Chapter 33: Fuck it.
Chapter 34: Feelings and shit.
Chapter 35: Your favourites
Author's note & Character Aesthetics
!! PREQUEL !!

Chapter 26: Grudges and goodbyes.

3.6K 84 24
By nayawritess

Leo's pov:

I felt a shooting pain in my chest. I tried very hard to keep my tears inside. I was angry.

"Wow. I cannot believe this." I scoffed. "Azalea Caruso never gives up. Azalea Caruso is strong-willed. I guess those were all lies huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"I lied to you, I agree but I told you and I proved to you that everything was real for me. You told me you'll be by my side but one problem arises and you are already leaving?"

"I- I-" She stuttered.

"You never needed me by your side which is why I am now so easy to just push away."

"It's not like that Leo!"

"It's exactly like that Lea. I made a mistake and I wanted to make up for it but now that I know how much I actually mean to you, it's better if I just leave."

Azalea's pov:

His words crushed me. I was always too scared to love. Too scared to trust. I never thought I would fall for someone so fast...and that's exactly why I have to push him away.

"As you wish Leo."

I could see the sadness in his eyes. Utter pain but he hid it.

"We'll help our parents win the bet first and then we go our separate ways." I said, sniffling back my tears.

"As you wish Lea."

Each time he called me Lea, it stabbed my heart. He looked at me for a while, hoping for something but I was silent.

He finally turned his back on me and left. Tears rolled down my cheeks with each step he took towards the door.

He left.

I ran to my family sitting on the dining table, stunned by Leo's angry departure.

"What happened Lea?" Papa asked.

"He left." I said with numbness in my voice.

"Yeah, we saw that." Mom stated.

"No Ma...he left for good."

"He what?!"

"He is gone now Ma. Don't worry papa, we'll help you win the bet though."

"Tell me everything. Now!" Mom commanded.

I narrated the entire situation to them while trying not to have a fucking breakdown.

"Giglio, I'm sorry." Papa hugged me. "I am so so sorry. It's all my fault."

I stayed silent. I was feeling nothing at that moment. Everything was just numb.

Leo's pov:

Tears filled my eyes with each step I took towards the door. I didn't let myself cry. Crying is the first step to weakness. There is no place for weakness in the mafia.

I slammed the big door behind me and got into my car. I waited for a few minutes but then drove off.

She let me leave.

I walked into my penthouse to see Matteo and Javier sitting on the couch waiting for me with hopeful eyes.

I stormed towards my room and they followed me.

"Leo! Leo, what's wrong?" Matteo asked, worried by my furious reaction.

"Leo! stop walking so fucking fast!" Javier groaned.

They entered the room after me as I angrily sat on the bed.

"What happened bro?" Matteo asked.

"She let me go, Matt. She fucking let me go."

I told them everything that happened at her place.

"Oh god." Javier sighed. "You're an idiot."

"I beg your pardon?" I scrunched my brows.

"Jav is right. She let you go and you left?!"

"She told me that we would go our separate ways! Of course, I left."

"That's not how women work!" Matteo facepalmed.

"Yeah no, I'm not taking women advice from you two."

"Yeah of course it's not like I have a stable relationship with Emma right now." Matteo said sarcastically.

"What are you getting at?" I asked curiously.

"She told you to leave out of anger. You don't leave. You stay. Always stay."

"Okay first off, this is not a romance novel and second how could I have stayed after she told me how she actually felt about me. How she didn't trust me. How I was so easy to just crumble up and throw away."

"She let me go Jav." I burst into tears.

"It's okay. It's okay. Cry it out."

"She doesn't fucking trust me!"

They held me till I was calm again. No. No way in hell. I cannot cry. I promised myself to never be vulnerable like this again. I have to get my shit together.

Azalea's pov:

How can I be the most feared assassin but also a coward at the same time? I almost lost my father, got spied on, had three powerful people come after us. So much happened just because Leo and I were rumoured to be together. I cannot even imagine what would happen if we actually date.

We have enough to deal with already. I cannot put my family through so much pain again. This was the first time I saw my mom in so much pain and I don't know if I can see her like that again.

I remember my parents told me about how even they had to face so many problems just because they were together. Hell Leo even lied to me. God knows what else he is lying to me about.

Tomorrow I'll go to King Ent. and that's it. We go our separate ways.

[Next day]

Dario, Leo, Papa and I went to the office. There was an awkwardness between all of us. Ugh, I am so uncomfortable right now.

"Welcome!" A tall man in his mid-40s greeted.

"Hello, Hiram." Papa greeted.

Hiram King. CEO of King Ent. One of the most powerful and rich businessmen of Italy.

"This beautiful couple must be Leonardo and Azalea." He assumed.

Leo and I glanced at each other and smiled at Hiram.

"Nice to meet you." I proposed a handshake.

Leo did the same.

"So we should get down to paperwork now." He rubbed his palms.

We nodded and began with the process.

[An hour later]

"Thank you for partnering with us. I look forward to working with you two."

Yeah, I wouldn't be so excited darling.

"Likewise."

That was, hands down, the most awkward meeting I have ever attended and I have been around sleazy 50-year-olds calling me baby.

"Papa, I have to go train with Jay." I informed. "I'll see you later."

Dad nodded and I quickly walked out of the building.

"Lea, wait!" I heard a voice call from behind me. God that beautiful, husky voice.

"What do you want, Leo?"

"Is this goodbye Lea?" He asked with a fallen face.

"This is goodbye, Leo."

"You're giving up on us so easy?"

No Leo. I haven't given up. Maybe someday when the circumstances are better, we can be together. I'll wait Leo but now is not that time.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"If a sorry was enough to fix everything then there would've been no broken hearts in this world." He said as he stormed back inside.

I quickly got into my car and left.

I went to the gym to get my mind off of everything.

I was FURIOUS. With our dads, with Leo and with myself. Papa was still recovering which is why I couldn't stress him out even more than he already is.

"I *punch* hate *punch* being *punch* in the mafia!" I screamed. "I want to have what normal people do!"

"Lea! You're gonna hurt yourself if you punch like that!" Jay sprinted towards me.

"I don't fucking care!"

"Yeah but I do so calm the fuck down."

"Leo hates me, Jay. He hates me."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because I left him over a stupid lie!"

"Why did you leave him if you think it was stupid?"

"Because... I cannot put you all in danger again."

"What about you then? What about your happiness?"

"I don't care." I sighed. "I hate Leo for making me leave him. I hate Leo for being so fucking perfect. I hate Leo for making me fall for him!"

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! Things are getting worse for Leo and Lea! What will they do now? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 398 20
about a little omega named Lee felix step in the wrong packs territory?will they except him or decline read more too find out.
118K 3K 75
Book 3 in The Morelli Series *Can be read as a stand-alone* He holds me tightly letting the show run through. His arm stays wrapped around me while t...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
1.6M 97.9K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...