The Baker and the Basketball...

By Moreghrimm

Sōdai Kessaku's family owns a small bakery in Tokyo, life is ever unchanging and she's happy with that. That... More

Chapter 1 - The Magnificent
Chapter 3 - New Hair?
Chapter 4 - Welcome Home
Chapter 5 - Our Date
Chapter 6 - Batsu
Chapter 7 - Rooftop Romance
Chapter 8 - The Ace of Teiko
Chapter 9 - Generation of Miracles
Chapter 10 - Confessions of the Heart
Chapter 11 - Another Chance
Chapter 12 - Sit and Look Pretty
Chapter 13 - A kind voice
Chapter 14 - Seirin?
Chapter 15 - Date
Chapter 16 - Aomine vs Kise
Chapter 17 - Sit Out.?!!!
Chapter 18 - Tōō vs Rakuzan
Chapter 19 - Determination
Chapter 20 - Goodbye Tokyo
Chapter 21 - Winter Tournament
Chapter 22 - Twisted Words
Chapter 23- Feelings Change
Chapter 24- My Worth
Chapter 25- The End
Extra- Sōdai's Middle School
Extra - Honeymoon 🍋

Chapter 2 - My Bakery

5.8K 147 45
By Moreghrimm

"Who did this to you?"

"Hey!" I said in shock. "Heyyyy, no touchy." I grabbed his wondering hands and put them on his chest, he seemed surprised by my actions. "And, like I said, I cut my own hair and I'm not exactly a professional. I accidentally nicked myself okay?" I sighed and walked past him, he stood there stunned for a moment, then quickly caught up to me.

"Do you need something?" I asked, not sparing a glance to the giant by my side.

"I heard your family runs a bakery."

I stopped and gave him a creeped out look.
"How do you know that.?"

"Everybody at schools been talking about you, you were Jitō's queen after all, plus the whole entrance ceremony thing."

"Mmm, is that what they say about me. How do they even know that..." I furrowed my brows in confusion as I continued walking.

"So what exactly made you Queen anyways, seems like a dramatic title if you ask me" He asked lazily.

"Not sure, it's not like I chose the nickname. It's clearly more of a hassle than a privilege as you can see" I said pointing to my hair.

"So it wasn't you." He slowed down.

"Oh no it was me, I mean somebody else started it though, I just finished it."

"So- who was it."

"Doesn't matter anymore, I beat the booty out of her so it's not like I'm mad. Besides I kinda like it don't you?" I smiled while looking up at him.

He paused for a moment, looking at me with wide eyes. "Yeah. Not bad. Your boobs too, they're nice and big" He said taking my image in with an impressed look on his face.

"You think so huh."

"Sure." He said.

"You know what else is nice and big?" I asked him.

"Wha-"

Before he could finish what he was saying, I swung my backpack up, using the momentum and hit him in the face. One might say I was possessed by the ghost of an Olympic Hammer Thrower.
"The chemistry book in my bag is pretty big."
The bag fell down revealing and entirely laughable expression on his face, as well as a bloody nose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aomine's POV

"I just wanna say that this is entirely your fault and you had it coming," Kessaku said to me as I walked into her families bakery, which doubled as their house.

"Oh really? It's my fault you hit me in the face with your chemistry book?"

"Hey hey, actions have consequences, seriously though, I don't want to hear that garbage coming out of your mouth anymore. You'll speak to me with respect or you won't speak to me at all." She said, giving me a deadly stare.

This girl, I smiled.

"Sorry I'm late Ma."

"Sōdai! What happen to your hair!!" Her Mother asked with worry in her eyes.

"Sorry mom I cut it, no harm done okay? I'll get to work as soon as I can, but I need to help treat that guys wound first."

Her Mother seemed confused by didn't ask questions.

Sōdai gestured for me to follow her into the next room, inside was the houses kitchen and living room. She walked up the stairs and I followed after.
"Sit in there." She said pointing to a door, I opened it and inside was her room. I was a bit shocked she brought me in here, it smelt like her. I looked around, spotting pictures of her and a boy that I didn't recognize.

"I got the first aid kit. Sit down." She said as she walked through the door.

I continued to stare at the pictures, not paying attention.

"I said sit." She commandingly pointed to her bed, I smirked which seemed to annoy her so I quickly stopped. Something about this girl made me want to keep talking to her, it made it hard to say rude things.

"Who's that guy" I said gesturing towards the picture.

She glanced quickly and then stood in front of me to look at my nose.
"You mean my brother?"

"Ahhhhh." I sighed in relief.

"Yep. Looks like it's not broken." She huffed, giving me a gaw to put up my nose. She then went to look in the mirror to tend her own cut.

I stood up walking behind her. I bent down over her and whispered in her ear.
"Want me to help?"

She slowly looked at me then back at herself,
"No thanks I can do it"

I chuckled at her response, she sure is a weird one. "So where'd you even learn how to patch wounds up?"

"I had to patch up my brother's wounds a lot when he still live here, so I got a lot of experience." She said, giving no context.

I furrowed my brows, was her brother some sort of gang member or something? I shook my head and chuckled, there's no way he was a gang member. I sat back down on her bed, laying down with my hands behind my head. I closed my eyes breathing in the scent, the atmosphere was so relaxing, before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Unbelievable, he really fell asleep.'
    I sighed and walked out of my room to go downstairs. I grabbed an apron and joined my mom in the bakery.

"So what, you're not gonna tell me who that boy is? Or why you suddenly cut your hair and have a cut on your face?" Mom said angrily as she chopped up culinary chocolate.

"He's a classmate, actually I don't even know his name.. and you know how I am mom, it was a spur of the moment thing. I was so into it that I ended up cutting myself. Don't worry it isn't deep."

"Sōdai, just don't.. do anything reckless. Don't be an idiot like your brother" Mother said, not looking up from her task. "I swear sometimes you're just like him.. reckless, never thinking." She rambled on to herself.

"I know mom, I won't."

~~~~
"Wake up sleeping beauty." I said as I turned on the lights in my room, I brought up some freshly baked croissant's.

"Mm." He retorted, slowly getting up to reveal a bad case of bed head.

"Pfft. Here I brought you something," I said, showing him the croissants. "you came here cuz you wanted to try our baked goods right?"

He looked at them with interest.
"What are they?"

"Chocolate croissants." I said, smiling devilishly with pride.

"They don't look like chocolate." he said picking one up, with a cautious look.

"That's because the chocolate's in the middle genius." I said lightly smacking him on his head.

He chuckled and bit into it, getting crumbs all over my bed. His face lit up as he looked at me.

"Good?"

He nodded, devouring the entire plate in less than a minute.

I laughed.

"hm what?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, I just love to see when people like what I make" I said cheerfully.

"You made them?"

"Well who else?"

"I guess." He said thoughtfully, his stomach started to growl interrupting us.

I was surprised to see it growling even after him snarfing down half a batch of my croissants.
"That's ridiculous. How can you still be hungry."

"Ehehe, got anymore of those?"

I watched in awe as he ate the rest of my croissant batch, I made him eat them over the bakery's sink so he wouldn't get crumbs anywhere. "Two days of work gone in an instant." I said shaking my head.

"Huh these took you two days to make?!" He exclaimed.

"Well yeah that's kind of the nature of them." I laughed. "By the way, I'm pretty sure I never caught your name."

"Oh it's Daiki Aomine."

I thought about it for a moment and that's when I realized something,
"Daiki as in big, shining, the greatest, number one?" I asked.

"Yeah why?"

"...we have the same name."

"Huh really?" He said as he finished off the last croissant.

"Yeah." I said walking towards the bakery's fridge, bringing out my banana and vanilla wafer pudding, "my names Sōdai "Sō as in Grand or Magnificent and "Dai as in big, though that part is actually silent in the meaning." I grabbed a spoon and set the pudding in front of Aomine gesturing for him to eat it, he didn't ask any questions. He's like a bottomless whole for leftovers, I thought to myself.

"Mm, and Kessaku means?" He asked through bites.

"Masterpiece." I started warming myself up a bowl of leftover udon for dinner.

"That's quite the name."

I laughed. "You'd be surprised at how much I hear that."

"So tell me, what made your parents decide to name you that?"

"Who knows, maybe they just knew I was meant for great things." I said sarcastically.

"Maybe you are meant for great things." He seemed convinced, thought that might've been the food talking.

"That was actually a joke" I took the udon out of the microwave and grabbed a spoon to start eating it, but as I got back to where we were talking, Aomine grabbed it out of my hand and started eating it, continuing on with the conversation. I looked at him slightly weird, but mostly unbothered. Something about how much he enjoyed my food made it hard to be mad.

"So what about you, isn't your name like blue or something LOL" I said warming up another bowl of Udon.

"Did you really just say "LOL"" he asked, with a judgmental look on his face.

"Did your parents really name you blue." I said in retort.

"Well- yeah, Ao as in blue and Mine as in peak." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh I see, shining blue peak. I like it." I thought to myself.

Aomine coughed. "You like my name?"

"Yeah I think it's got a nice ring to it, Daiki Aomine, Daiki Aomine, won't you go home O' Daiki Aomine."

We both laughed at my sudden song,

"But it's so late- can't I stay the night?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Not in your wildest dreams. I'll call you an Uber." I said winking.

He sighed, smiling at me no doubt thinking something weird.
"Nah I'll just walk, home those are expensive."

"That's why I'm paying."
I took out my phone to call an Uber.

He grabbed my phone out of my hand and starting punching something in it.

"Hey give it back." I said, but he kept it out of my reach until he was done.

"There, instead of an Uber here's my phone number, I took the liberty of texting my phone so now I have your number too. I'll call you when I get home," he said winking back.

I was at shock for words. "You sure have a lot of Kohones." I said bluntly, making Aomine laugh.

"Alright I'm going see you later." He said walking out the door.

"Okay see you."

'what a weird guy' I thought, while walking up to my bedroom. I brought my dinner with me of course, since I didn't get to eat it before.

I sat on my bed and immediately sat back up to pat off all the crumbs Aomine left behind.
"What a slob" I said exhaustedly.

After eating, I washed up and took a long shower.
I layed down on my bed after blow drying my hair, and wrapped myself up in my covers.

'It smells like him.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 1.6K 21
this is a knb(kurokos basketball) and haikyuu crossover this is my first story although I write texting storys on YouTube Hinata has always been a sp...
1.5M 37K 62
Watch him put his basketball talents aside as he uses his romance skills to try to score something much more important than any two- or three-pointer...
148K 3.7K 18
[Completed] Arisa Masamune is a new transfer student at Kaijō Highschool. On her first day, she was forced by Kise Ryouta to become Kaijō basketball...
44.2K 1.4K 37
Hina was sent to America for a few years as her mother did not want her to see her father struggled for the rest of his life with his sickness, they...