Shudders: Reclamation Day

By Lilas___

[Yandere Demons x Reader] Reclamation Day The day that marks when humanity begins its journey above... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Head Keeper
Chapter 3 - The Ascent
Chapter 4 - The City
Chapter 5 - The Stalkers
Chapter 6 - The Mark
Chapter 7 - The Shadow
Chapter 8 - The Woman
Chapter 9 - The Church
Chapter 10 - The Station
Chapter 11 - The School
Chapter 12 - The New Threat
Chapter 13 - The New Threat pt. 2
Chapter 14 - The Panic
Chapter 15 - The Paranoid
Chapter 16 - The Road
Chapter 17 - The Warning
Chapter 18 - The Order
Chapter 19 - The Sight
Chapter 20 - The Forest
Chapter 21 - The Spider
Chapter 22 - The Fire
Chapter 23 - The King
Chapter 24 - The Doctor
Chapter 25 - The Demand
Chapter 26 - The Court
Chapter 27 - The Guilty
Chapter 28 - The Memories
Chapter 29 - The Creature
Chapter 30 - The Blood
Chapter 31 - The Disorder
Chapter 32 - The Photos
Chapter 33 - The Cafe
Chapter 34 - The Agreement
Chapter 35 - The Switch
Chapter 36 - The Mind
Chapter 37 - The Eyes
Chapter 38 - The Jar
Chapter 39 - The Scheme
Chapter 40 - The Keys
Chapter 41 - The Turmoil
Chapter 42 - The Library
Chapter 43 - The Roof
Chapter 44 - The Battle
Chapter 45 - The Battle pt. 2
Chapter 46 - The Burns
Chapter 47 - The Farm
Chapter 48 - The Recollection
Chapter 49 - The Decline
Chapter 50 - The Talk
Chapter 51 - The Hunt
Chapter 52 - The Slash
Chapter 53 - The Truck Stop
Chapter 54 - The Brawl
Chapter 55 - The Savage
Chapter 56 - The Light
Chapter 57 - The End
QnA
Fanart Pt. 1
Fanart Pt. 2

Chapter 2 - The Rush

9.5K 565 777
By Lilas___

Art by golia cristian on behance
--------------------------------------------—————

It's been getting closer and closer to the 1st of January and labs everywhere were busy preparing for the big day.

Castor Labs especially. They were a little behind on schedule but Mrs. Sitari had such an iron fist over the whole operation that most picked up the pace just to not get yelled at.

(Y/N) was a part of this rush as she was too busy getting the Keepers ready who'll be joining them above ground. Since they're still going to be capturing demons, they'll need Keepers to take care of them on the road. The maximum limit they can catch is 4 or 5 demon's depending on the sizes but (Y/N) is preparing at least 7 Keepers to bring.

She's been so busy lately that she nor her husband has had time to be at home. She had to ask her sister Nora if she can keep her daughter for the time being so she and Jules can focus entirely on work. She hated not having time to spend with Lil B but once everything is over her daughter is getting nothing but her attention.

"Uh, ma'am?"

(Y/N) looked over to one of her Keepers who came to her office above the cells. She nodded for him to come in and it was clear that the Head Keeper was tired. She had her head propped up with her arm and very tired eyes that the worker took notice of. "You alright? You seem exhausted."

"I'm fine. Just haven't had much sleep. You needed something?" She asked as she stretched.

"I just wanted to ask about where we will be keeping the demons that we captured once we're on the road? I'm sure there's a way but wouldn't it be too difficult?" The worker was a bit young compared to other Keepers. A lot of the workers (Y/N) chose for this were in their 30s and early 40s who had at least 5 years of experience with demons. She didn't want to bring any of the older Keepers with them knowing they might not be able to keep up with the constant moving. She didn't want to risk their health or safety.

(Y/N) rose from her seat and started heading towards the door, motioning for the worker to follow. "We recently received two vehicles that were designed to house us on the road and any demons we capture. It's better to see it for yourself."

She led the Keeper out of the labs and towards the hangers. A few of the other chosen Keepers joined as well upon her request. She thinks it'll be better to show them the vehicles they'll be using instead of describing them. Once they were all there and left gawking at the massive trucks that are meant to house them, in came the various questions that she quickly answered from the curious workers.

The trucks were huge. Like two roads wide and the length of an entire store. The cells for the demons were kept in the very backs while there were bunk beds stationed for the Keepers and a handful of scientists who are coming along. There were built on stations to accommodate specific needs like hygiene and food and storage for all the supplies they'll need to bring. From what Jules had told her, these trucks will be stationed at the very back of the group. Their massive size meant that they were slower than the rest of the vehicles and he wanted some regular trucks scouting ahead in the front.

"Ma'am?" A female Keeper whispered to (Y/N) while the others were distracted by the vehicles. (Y/N) nodded towards her and she watched the woman hesitate on what she wanted to ask. She was a bit younger than (Y/N), only a year difference, but been at the labs for about 4 years now. She works with the A-rank demons so (Y/N) saw her fit to bring.

"You think we will come across any human communities? I was thinking if they're not hostile towards us we can meet them? I know others won't agree but I've been fascinated by what you said about their community. If we're attempting to return to the surface, we should make peace with them."

(Y/N) felt glad about hearing that someone wanted to befriend the humans on the surface. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about them for a while now. Some wanted to befriend them, some didn't. (Y/N) never exposed the Outsiders location or talked about how they killed Capturers. That'll only start a war that looked pretty one sided since it was their community vs dozens of Zones. The Island is far from their route so chances of coming across them again will be next to none but (Y/N) hoped that they changed their ways since then for their own safety.

"You think we'll see any of the demons you've mentioned too?"

(Y/N) back to the Keeper with curious eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you mentioned before that there were demons on the surface who helped you. Is there a chance we'll come across them too?"

"I hope so. It would be nice to see them again." She would love to see Tuca and Yama after all this time. She wanted to see Edith too to tell her about everything that's happened and how her journals did help push humanity forward. Those were the top 3 that she wanted to confirm in the system. Keep them safe from capture and experimentation.

"What about the bad ones?"

"Hm?" At the mention of them, she visibly got uncomfortable but the Keeper didn't seem to notice this.

"Oh well maybe not. You did kill them, right? I was just thinking if they're alive, are you already set on eradicating them from there?" The Keeper asked before turning to look at her boss after observing the trucks a bit. She didn't receive an answer, however. (Y/N) had brought her hands to her chest and stared down at them while memories of 'them' flashed in her mind. Once her breathing started to quicken, she snapped herself out of her small state and looked around quickly before turning to leave.

"Wait where are you going?"

"They're dead. They're dead. They're dead." The Head Keeper could be heard whispering as she exited the hangers and left the Keepers confused.

One of them approached the female Keeper since she was the last one talking to their boss.

"What happened? Why did she leave?"

"I asked her if we come across those bad demons she talked about would she be quick to eradicate them..."

"You idiot! Everyone knows not to bring up those two around her! They're like trigger words or something!"

Meanwhile, the Head Keeper was busy isolating herself from the world around her. She found a back hall that was pretty devoid of people and leaned against the wall as she tried to steady her breathing.

She hated this. Even after all this time those two still had an effect on her. She can go days completely fine without the thought of them in mind, but then they get brought up in some way by those who are curious and (Y/N) will have to pull herself away in order to gain her composure.

A lot of stuff that she tried to keep hidden about herself unfortunately got leaked across the lab. She never brought up their names to the Scientists who interviewed her during her recovery so at least she doesn't have to hear their names again. But everyone in the lab now knows that the first demons she was put in charge of became her kidnappers and tormenters and that she managed to kill them.

At least she hoped that was the case. She knows that I9 is dead. She had proof herself that told her that she managed to kill the demon who was after her body. But she never had proof if the ones who loved her died as well. She remembers the explosion being huge, enough to take out an entire building. It shouldn't be questioned whether or not those two went down with it.

But (Y/N) can't help those thoughts of them plaguing her mind. She used to go to therapy for this but stopped once Castor Labs started growing in size and work for her became too hectic. She just didn't have the time to continue.

She started thinking about her last appointment. How her therapist attempted to find the root of the problem. And it's been on her mind ever since.

"Maybe it's because you never seen them die. You know that the one who hunted you perished since you said that your body began feeling better. That the effects of the possession went away. But there was nothing else to tell you about the other two."

The therapist knew not to say their names. It was actually their idea to have (Y/N) avoid saying and hearing the demons' names.

"Because you never had proof to tell you that those two died in the explosion, you must be in a constant state of 'what if'. What if the bomb wasn't enough? What if they lived but died shortly after? What if they're still out there as we speak?"

"What if they're still out there...?" (Y/N) whispered to herself as she sunk down to the floor and brought her knees to her chest. Her long black pants and lab coat helped cover the woman's face as she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

She doesn't know how this trip above ground was going to go but she prayed so badly that they'll never come across those two again. She couldn't imagine being put through those months all over again. But this time, she won't have just her sister to keep her going like last time. But Axel, who's like a brother to her now. Her husband, who's helped her through her problems even though he never had to. (Y/N) was extremely thankful to have met him and the fact that he stuck around even though she has all this baggage with her.

And especially her daughter.

She wasn't going to let anyone or anything take her away from her child. Especially since her daughter was a major reason why (Y/N) started getting better. Yea she's still dealing with things but it's not as bad as before she found out that she was pregnant.

She named her daughter after her best friend. She knows Blythe would've loved it and remembers how emotional Axel had got when he first met her. (Y/N)'s never seen the man cry before. She's sure he always kept his emotion down whenever the redhead came up. Even at the memorial, Axel kept his composure which made the girl worry for him.

But when he learned about her daughter's named, it was like those walls came crashing down.

He became the godfather obviously. He would even take days off from work just to spend time with his goddaughter and if (Y/N) and Jules needed a babysitter, he was always the first one to offer to watch the baby.

Even though he loves being around her, Axel just never had the strength to say her actual name. It was a bit too much for him so he started calling her Lil B. The nickname caught on so quickly that soon everyone began calling her daughter, Lil B. Even her and Jules.

Their daughter was a mixture of both parents but seemed to take after her mother the most. The girl was only 3 but had long (h/c) that received compliments a lot. Her skin was more like her father's as well as eye shape, nose, and lips. But the main feature that gained attention from those around her were her eyes.

Just like (Y/N)'s. A yellowish (e/c) that glowed too.

She didn't think any of her after effects would also carry into her daughter. She doesn't know if Lil B can read minds like her or see into memories too. (Y/N) guessed that she'll have an answer when her daughter gets older, she's only a toddler after all. But in an attempt at knowing sooner, she did try to read the girl's mind. It may sound strange trying to read the mind of someone who's only been alive for not that long, but even something small would've confirmed things for her.

But in the end, she couldn't. She couldn't even get past the first barriers of the toddler's mind. It was like (Y/N) was locked out.

Her daughter was only 1 and a half at the time so she simply giggled up at her mother and played with her cross hanging around her neck. But (Y/N) has never been locked out of a mind before. She only used her ability on demons and a few humans with their consent and she was able to read everything about them easily. It just took her off guard when the only one she couldn't get past was the one with the same eyes as her.

(Y/N) never attempted to read her daughter's mind again. Since her daughter can't really give permission now, she felt bad doing it the first time. But if her daughter did inherit (Y/N)'s ability, she'll be able to teach her how to use it once she's older. (Y/N) was still figuring out to use it herself...

It seemed like thinking about her daughter made the woman calm down. She wasn't breathing as hard anymore and her heart seemed to settle. She was still feeling off but not as bad as before.

She leaned her head against the wall and counted to three before standing back up. She didn't want those around her seeing her like this. Seeing how two demons can make her this weak just by the mention of them.

Was she even ready to go back to the surface? Would she double down and have a fit at any point during the trip? She'll have Axel and Jules there to keep her sane, they both been huge helps to her and she was just glad she wouldn't be alone up there with people she was just acquaintances with.

(Y/N) took a minute before gathering herself then headed off back to the hangers. She hoped the Keepers weren't too concerned about her and she wasn't mad at the female Keeper for bringing the demons up. She seemed genuinely curious so (Y/N) didn't fault her for maybe not knowing.

'This is going to be a long trip...'

————————————————————————

Author's note

I wanted to see how you guys are thinking about the sequel so far?

Yes the book is still yandere themed but it'll be a minute before that element comes into play and no, I'm not saying who the yandere(s) is/are lol. Just gonna have to wait and see.

Also if you were one of those who read that angel book I made before I took it down, you might recognize Jules from that. I decided to recycle just his name so the appearance of (Y/N)'s husband is all up to you guys since I know you guys may have different types or men you simp for lol. To me it makes the story more personalized to you guys.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having great thanksgiving and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 5.3K 22
(m.yandere x f. reader) (complete) Groundhog Day from hell was the only way she could describe it. Surely the only thing more terrifying than waking...
1.8M 70.4K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
33.2K 988 33
You were still learning how to be independent despite your. Conditions and limitations. But what happens when you return home one day in the hopes of...
193K 7.6K 47
(Male Yandere DemonsxFemale Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ______...