Shudders: Reclamation Day

By Lilas___

[Yandere Demons x Reader] Reclamation Day The day that marks when humanity begins its journey above... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 - The Rush
Chapter 3 - The Ascent
Chapter 4 - The City
Chapter 5 - The Stalkers
Chapter 6 - The Mark
Chapter 7 - The Shadow
Chapter 8 - The Woman
Chapter 9 - The Church
Chapter 10 - The Station
Chapter 11 - The School
Chapter 12 - The New Threat
Chapter 13 - The New Threat pt. 2
Chapter 14 - The Panic
Chapter 15 - The Paranoid
Chapter 16 - The Road
Chapter 17 - The Warning
Chapter 18 - The Order
Chapter 19 - The Sight
Chapter 20 - The Forest
Chapter 21 - The Spider
Chapter 22 - The Fire
Chapter 23 - The King
Chapter 24 - The Doctor
Chapter 25 - The Demand
Chapter 26 - The Court
Chapter 27 - The Guilty
Chapter 28 - The Memories
Chapter 29 - The Creature
Chapter 30 - The Blood
Chapter 31 - The Disorder
Chapter 32 - The Photos
Chapter 33 - The Cafe
Chapter 34 - The Agreement
Chapter 35 - The Switch
Chapter 36 - The Mind
Chapter 37 - The Eyes
Chapter 38 - The Jar
Chapter 39 - The Scheme
Chapter 40 - The Keys
Chapter 41 - The Turmoil
Chapter 42 - The Library
Chapter 43 - The Roof
Chapter 44 - The Battle
Chapter 45 - The Battle pt. 2
Chapter 46 - The Burns
Chapter 47 - The Farm
Chapter 48 - The Recollection
Chapter 49 - The Decline
Chapter 50 - The Talk
Chapter 51 - The Hunt
Chapter 52 - The Slash
Chapter 53 - The Truck Stop
Chapter 54 - The Brawl
Chapter 55 - The Savage
Chapter 56 - The Light
Chapter 57 - The End
QnA
Fanart Pt. 1
Fanart Pt. 2

Chapter 1 - The Head Keeper

13.4K 717 1.4K
By Lilas___

"I hope you all aren't planning on doing anything for the new year. We got a lot of work ahead of us."

"Yea, I figured..."

"They could've chosen another day besides the 1st? Ruined my vacation plans entirely."

"What about you, (Y/N)?"

(E/c) eyes snapped away from staring down onto a piece of paper. The woman looked up to her colleagues who all waited for her answer. "Oh, I uh didn't have any plans. A vacation sounds nice though."

She was currently in a meeting room with the Head Scientist, Saren, and the Chief of Security, Knox. All three waiting for the rest of the Heads to begin their meeting discussing this Reclamation Day conference meeting that recently played on the news.

Saren was a bit older than (Y/N). She was the top in her division and earned her spot as a Head after the last Head Scientist went into retirement. She was a rather tall thin woman with medium skin and straight brown hair she kept in a long fishtail braid. Despite her division being the most important within the labs, she always came to work dressed like she was always going out for a night in the city. With her Labcoat of course.

Knox however was way older than the two ladies. He's been the Cheif of Security way before (Y/N) became the Head Keeper and takes his job very seriously. He was a pale plump old man with a buzz cut and handlebar beard that he took care of with pride. Despite his tough looks, he was pretty much a friendly guy. But once he was on duty he was way too stone cold to deal with.

"Oh, I thought you were gonna go out or something. May do you some good considering you work all the time." Saren spoke as she filed her nails that were recently done.

(Y/N) smiled and shook her head. "Mainly just planning to stay home and watch movies like usual."

"Boringgggg" The Scientist dragged. It's weird how she was the youngest among them but acted like an old lady when it came to holidays.

"It may be boring to you but it's fun for me." (Y/N) giggled.

Knox watched the two ladies and shook his head. He agreed with (Y/N) though. What's there to do on New Year's besides count down from 12 and kiss somebody? He was gonna spend his New Year asleep knowing how much he needed it.

The door to the meeting room suddenly opened and in came the Head followed by Nuru, the Head nurse but the Cheif of the Capturers didn't show with them. (Y/N) watched the door expecting for him to come through but it seemed like he was still busy. They'll probably start the meeting without him if he isn't here yet.

"Good morning everyone! I hope I didn't keep you three waiting." The Head addressed the three who were already in the room.

"Don't worry about it." Saren replied while Knox nodded and (Y/N) simply smiled. Nuru took a seat next to (Y/N) and they both exchanged a greeting to each other before the older woman settled into her seat. "Jules isn't here yet?"

(Y/N) shook her head. She wondered where he was too. "I think he's still working. The Capturers have been super busy since the announcement."

"Anyways, let's get started." The Head took her seat at the front and turned on the screen behind her displaying all the information about this Reclamation Day.

After Mr. Fidero was arrested it took quite a while to find a replacement. Unlike (Y/N)'s situation, finding a new Head was way more difficult. They have to meet all the criteria the Hub lays out and even that was pretty high. Eventually, though they hired Mrs. Sitari after a year of Castor Labs being without a Head. She was a pretty serious woman that made others be cautious around her. She hated the way Mr. Fidero ran the lab when he was in charge and made it her duty to completely change the system entirely, effectively removing all traces of his work. But not in a corrupted way like him. Despite her tough attitude, she did manage to improve the lab and bring it back up after the break out incident six years ago. The amount of property damage, loss of demons, and casualties had Castor Labs in shambles for months. Many workers quitted or transferred to different labs which contributed to the lab's decline. But once Mrs. Sitari came into power, little by little she brought the place back up. Even better than before.

"I'm sure you all have already seen the Hub's conference meeting a couple of days ago. To say I'm surprised is a bit of an understatement. But as a part of the project, we have to do our part to contribute to the new world." Sitari spoke as she switched to a slide that was a map of the world above ground.

She stood up from her seat and pulled out a long pointer that she used to point at a specific point of the map. "This area right here is us. As a part of Reclamation Day we will be sending out a team of Capturers and Keepers above ground to contribute in the effort to take back our land."

(Y/N) stared at where the pointer was. Outside of the big city ahead of them was the old train yard Zone 12 was sitting under. Her eyes moved around the city with worry as she slowly hugged her body.

"The routes each Zone in our region will be taking have already been set up since we're one of the firsts including future routes for the next three trips. Our current route will consist of traveling up north until we reach Zone 20." The pointer pointed to the uppermost edge of the region. Zone 20 was very far from 12, it'll take months for them to reach there. But it made sense to end their route at another Zone. It's likely they'll run out of supplies and have to stock up before heading back home.

"After reaching the endpoint, we will circle back along the same route as a once over. This trip is expected to take about 4 months given the distance but unless there's trouble, that time may extend."

(Y/N) fiddled with her gloved fingers and looked down to the paper in front of her in worry. '4 months... up there.' Being the Head Keeper of Castor Labs, she has the most important role in this whole mission. She's in charge of any demons her team comes across. It's up to her to decide their fates by simply saying 'Confirmed', 'Capture' or 'Eradicate'. She was happy that humanity was beginning its efforts to return to the surface, even happier that she'll be a part of it, but she hasn't been back above ground in six years...

Ever since the Hub announced this whole plan, her nerves have been high just thinking about it. Even now she can feel her fingers shaking which she tried to steady.

"I have a question." Saren raised her hand which made Mrs. Sitari nod in her direction. "Speak."

"So the red line represents Zone 12's route and the spots they'll be stopping in."

"Yes." The Head confirmed. There were other lines on the map as well but in blue. With one crossing directly across their red line.

"Then what are the blue lines? Especially the one touching ours?"

Sitari turned to look and indeed, there was a line crossing theirs. She followed it to its starting point and turned back around. "That's Zone 11. I assume at some point we will come across each other if we're both on schedule."

"Oh jeez, not them." Knox sighed. "Those people are always so prestigious. They're participating too?"

Sitari nodded. "Every Zone with a lab has to contribute."

Knox shook his head and turned to the Head Keeper. "Good luck with them."

"Yea..." She didn't mind people from Zone 11 but she kinda has to agree. They aren't the most humble people out there.

"Either way, you must not get distracted with any other Zone team you come across. We must stay on task with little to no distractions. (Y/N), I'm counting on you to keep the Keepers in line when you're up there." The Head ordered, giving the woman one of her famous serious looks. (Y/N) quickly nodded her head, not wanting another lecture from her for the third time.

"Let's move on then."

The meeting took two more hours to get through, leaving all the Heads besides Sarati mentally exhausted. It just seemed like her meetings were always draining from how much she liked to drill information into their minds.

(Y/N) was the first to leave, determined to find the Chief of Capturers who wasn't present at all for the entire thing. She was going to warn him first before Sarati tracked him down and give him the lecture of a lifetime. 'He should know how dedicated the woman is to her meetings. Missing even one was just asking for it...'

When she made it to the hangers, she was about to pull out her keycard when a voice stopped her from doing so.

"AH AH AH don't you move another finger!"

(Y/N) deadpanned but used her card anyways. Watching as the huge doors open up and finally turned around to meet the person who tried to stop her. "Axel for the fifth time, I can get inside without your help."

The man rolled his eyes and threw an arm over her shoulder as they walked inside together. "I liked it better when you were just a regular Keeper." He pouted. Axel hasn't changed much throughout the years personality-wise. Appearance-wise, he grew out his dark brown hair and began wearing it in a messy half up- half down style that always looked like he haphazardly put together every morning. He let some of his beard grow out just a bit and gotten slightly more muscular with all the extra training he's been doing. He still looked like a troublemaker though.

"Too bad. I'm your boss now. You have to show me respect~." She mocked with a teasing smile that he copied. "But I'm not under your jurisdiction~."

"But- true." (Y/N) gave up, realizing he had a point. "Where's Jules though? He didn't show up for the meeting and I bet Sirati is tracking him down as we speak."

"Oh lord. Jules done fucked up, huh?" Axel was scared and he wasn't even the Chief. "He's in his office. I think he got backed up on paperwork and kicked me out so he can focus."

This made the Keeper giggle. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing muchhhh just..." He pursed his lips which made (Y/N) nudge him to continue. "I was trying to convince him to go to a robot fight with me but noooooooo he wants to be productive." He rolled his eyes. "So lame."

"You do realize the Capturers have to prepare for the trip, right? Including you since you're the second in command."

"That doesn't mean we can't go! I had my betting money ready and everything!" Axel exclaimed dramatically with his hands in the air. "All that time saving up and for what- not to spend it?! What am I supposed to spend it on now?!"

They reached the main office in the hangers and (Y/N) was the first to reach the door. "I don't know! Pay your bills or something."

"(Y/N)..." Axel waved his arms all around like he was pointing out the obvious. "I live in the labs! What bills do I have?! I'd be damned if I start getting charged to live here!"

"Just shut up and come on!" (Y/N) choked back a laugh at how dramatic he was being. Him and these betting fights were gonna be the death of him.

She opened the door and looked around at the empty office. The desk chair was vacant but there was an opened computer, a pile of papers, and a large cup of what (Y/N) assumed was old coffee sitting on the desk. The office was a messy place since the owner didn't know much about keeping a place today. Especially Axel's desk in the far corner that looked like it hasn't seen the light of day in weeks. She cringed at all the mess and entered the room. She went over to the main desk while Axel closed the door behind them. "I'm getting that man to come with me to this fight whether he likes it or not." He muttered.

"Good luck with that, Axel." (Y/N) said as she examined the papers. All of them were concerning this Reclamation project, all those who will be involved, the route and destinations, as well as supplies and resources being taken. It was going to be a long 4 months for everyone but if they rationed wisely and stayed on track, everything should be fine.

Hopefully, everything will be fine...

(Y/N) took a seat in the desk chair and took a deep breath in. Axel plopped down on the couch in front of the desk and noticed his friend's change in mood. "You alright?"

"Yea just nervous." She began messing with her gloved hands again which Axel also took notice of.

"Hey, we'll all be alright. You have me, Jules, and all the Capturers to look after you up there." Axel reassured. He knows how nervous she gets when thinking about the surface. The fact that she has to go back may be a lot for her.

"I know, it's just... what if something goes wrong? Zone 12 has never traveled that far up north, we don't know what could be up there that we're not aware of. Anything could happen and I don't want anyone getting hurt and-"

"(Y/N)." Axel stopped her. She was rambling again. "Just take a deep breath. We'll be fine. We're all professionals here, nothing up there that we can't handle. And besides, for the number of people that's coming, any demon would be dumb enough to try and attack us."

(Y/N) stared down at her hands as she slowly took some breaths. It wasn't other demons she was concerned about... "I know... but- what if... 'they' attack us?"

"They're dead. You don't have to worry about them anymore."

The woman took a moment before she slowly nodded and leaned back into the desk chair, staring up at the ceiling as she tried to calm her beating heart. "They're dead, (Y/N). They're dead." She whispered to herself while Axel sighed.

He felt bad for his friend. Even six years later, those two still had an effect on her. Despite all the positives that have happened to (Y/N) during these six years, it's also been rough for her. Her time above ground had left an impact on her that wasn't good and she's been working through it ever since. Although it has gotten better since going through therapy and readjusting back into life within the Zones, the poor girl ended up developing some anxiety that makes her pretty jumpy. It's become a habit of hers to constantly look over her shoulder and keep her guard up whenever she's around demons. She gets spooked whenever someone touches her, even flinches away at times. She doesn't do it as much now but at first, it was bad. You couldn't even tap her without her whipping around ready to defend herself.

Axel believes none of what she'd gone through and is still going through would be as bad if she wasn't in the media all the time either. Ever since her return, news about her spread like wildfire all across the country.

'Keeper Survives Harrowing Trip Above Ground All On Her Own While Changing the World of Demonology as We Know It!'

It was one of the biggest headlines in years! Everyone knew who she was, and he meant EVERYONE! The poor girl couldn't go anywhere without someone recognizing her and bombarding her with questions or some reporter wanting to do an interview on her experience. Of course, this didn't help the trauma she was working through. It made her more nervous to be in public and Axel took the liberty to be with her whenever she left the lab. He can't count how many times he almost got into a fight with reporters and people who didn't know the meaning of personal space.

Of course with all the attention comes opinions.

Some see (Y/N) as a hero. She did uncover the many secrets of demons that would've taken years to uncover. Not only that, but many people also changed their views on demons as well. The idea that they were once human at the time really seemed to take people off guard. And with (Y/N)'s compassion towards demons and the way she spoke of them with so much light really persuaded those to see them more as just 'demons'.

But then there's those who disagree with her. Even going as far as creating rumors about her. Calling her a demon when it was revealed that she was possessed and had some lasting affects. (Y/N) kept her appearance hidden as much as she could but her yellowish (e/c) eyes, darkened hands, and the fact that she can read minds were revealed when she accepted the Medal of Honor from the Hub's president himself.

Since then, she's had 'Demon', 'Monster', and 'Traitor' hurled at her by those who didn't see her as a hero. Despite everything she did, the fact that she was possessed seemed to be the declaring factor for these people...

(Y/N) decided to distract herself by taking one of the papers with their route on it. Their first destination will be the city of course but after that, they'll be heading to Pachester. Her eyes widened when the small town popped up along their route.

'I wonder if they're still there.' She's never once forgotten about Tuca ever. She missed him a lot and hoped once they get to Pachester she'll be reunited with him again. And since she has the power to determine a demon's fate she's gonna make sure to confirm him into the system. He won't have to worry about being captured again since he'll be within a database of confirmed demons.

"Man, where is this dude?! I need to hassle him again about the robot fight!" Axel whined, throwing his head back onto the couch.

(Y/N) shook her head as she read the papers. "It's not going to work, Axel."

A hand slowly rested on her shoulder and she looked up and smiled once she saw who it was.

"It'S nOt GoInG tO wOrK, aXeL!" He mocked in an imitation of her voice.

"It's really not." A deeper voice came that made the man snap his head up. "Oh, now you show up."

Jules shook his head at his best friend and leaned down to give his wife a kiss on the cheek that she giggled at. "I'm not going to another one of your fights again after the last one, Axel." The Chief sighed as he leaned against the desk and looked to the Capturer with a disapproving look.

Axel simply held his hands up in defense. "Hey- it's not my fault a gang war just so happened to break out. At least we're alive!"

"We got shot at!" Jules exclaimed which made the woman laugh. She was scared when she learned about that at the time but now it's something they all joked about.

"And we're ALIVE!" Axel yelled back.

Jules deadpanned at him and crossed his muscular arms. "I said no, Axel and that's final."

The Capturer tsked and waved the man off. "Man ever since you got married you just got lamer and lamer."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow which made the man switch up. "But I've bet you two have a lovely marriage~."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and turned to Jules who looked down at her with questioning eyes. "You needed me?"

"You missed Sitari's meeting."

The man's eyes widened.

"Yeaaa..." She reassuringly patted him on the arm but knew the impending doom he was about to face. "I'll pray she doesn't grill into you too much."

"Wow, that's reassuring!" Jules said with a clearly sarcastic tone that made his wife laugh. "I have to get back to these papers so I'll see you and Lil B at home, okay?"

(Y/N) nodded and reached her head up to receive a kiss that made Axel gag. She rose from the seat and allowed the Chief to sit down while she and Axel began making their way to the door. Axel stopped however when a thought sparked into his mind. "Hey, when can I see Lil B again, huh?"

"I don't know. When you start coming by when she isn't in bed." Jules replied with his face already deep into the papers.

Axel turned to the man offended. "I do come by at reasoning hours, y'all just put her to bed way too early!"

"8 PM is a normal time to put a 3 year old to bed, Axel." (Y/N) looked at the man with narrowed eyes.

Axel crossed his arms and shook his head. "Not for me. My momma used to put me to bed at like 12 and I turned out fine."

Both Jules and (Y/N) looked to each other before looking directly at the Capturer who looked so confident about himself. "You sure about that?" They both spoke which made the man purse his lips.

"You both are so mean to me!" He dramatically cried before storming out of the office with (Y/N) giggling as she followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1K 33
You were still learning how to be independent despite your. Conditions and limitations. But what happens when you return home one day in the hopes of...
545K 23.3K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...
1K 80 3
First Yandere Book. Don't get your hopes up. (Heavily descriptive. Might be boring for those who wants to get to the action sooner) (Side Project. Li...
197K 7.8K 47
(Male Yandere DemonsxFemale Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ______...