Echo (Undertale) (Deltarune)

By DoctorBlu5

After defeating an enemy, Kris has swapped universes with someone, but who? All characters are owed by Toby F... More

Welcome to my story
Swapped | Chapter 1
To Snowdin! | Chapter 2
To the Lab! | Chapter 3
Progress! | Chapter 4
Battle of the gods | Chapter 5
PLEASE! | Chapter 7
GENOCIDE! | Chapter 8
Somewhere familiar | Chapter 9
Contact! | Chapter 10
The SOULs are free | Chapter 11
Another universe | Chapter 12
Nightmare | Chapter 13
It's done | Chapter 14
Rescue | Chapter 15
Home | Chapter 16
New life | Chapter 17
The surface | Chapter 18
First lesson | Chapter 19
Christmas Eve | Chapter 20
Christmas Day | Chapter 21

The Machine | Chapter 6

80 0 0
By DoctorBlu5

Toriel: So what do we need to get?

Atlas: A microwave, lead-83 metal , the impossible cube, 6 human SOULs, and a Quasar to power it.

Toriel: We've got the microwave and 6 human SOULs with us.

Atlas: Great! just the lead-83 metal, impossible cube and Quasar left.

Toriel: What's lead-83?

Atlas: It's lead mixed together with bronze, but can only be mixed together in a neutron star.

Alphys: Why are these ingredients so difficult to get?

Atlas: Because it's a powerful machine we are making, bringing them back here and Frisk back there.

Alphys: What about the impossible cube?

Atlas: It acts like a circle, looks like a square on the outside and looks like a triangle on the inside.

Alphys: So the cube rolls?

Atlas: Yes.

Alphys: How do we get one?

Atlas: The same you have to do with the lead, mix a cube, circle and triangle together in a neutron star.

Alphys: Well, I guess we know who's doing that then.

Octavius: Sup.

Alphys: Just who we need! you have to do the last three things, as they require going into space.

Octavius: Oh, ok! what do I need to do?

Atlas: Go to a neutron star and make the lead-83 and the impossible cube, and get the Quasar of course.

Octavius: Oh, so not that hard then.

Atlas: Do you have a thing you can put the Quasar in?

Octavius: I do!

Atlas: Great! then go to it!

Octavius: Ok boss! right! is everyone ready?

All of them agree and get ready to see his powers, Octavius then summons some seats and they sit in them and he creates a dome around them so they can breathe.

Octavius: This is your captain speaking, please keep all legs and arms instead of the ride at all times, as you could y'know, die. This is extremely dangerous but all of you have agreed so you can't sue me if you get hurt as I did warn you, everyone ready?

Undyne: Hell yeah!

Alphys: Y-yeah!

Mettaton: Ohhh~ yesssss~

Toriel: Yep!

Asirel: Yeah yeah!

Papyrus: As i'll ever be!

Sans: Yup.

Kris: Yes.

Octavius: Great! then let's go!

Octavius clicks his fingers and they find themselves in space, everyone couldn't believe that they were in space, the dome protected them from freezing to death and no oxygen in space, Octavius was just outside of the dome breathing like there was air out there.

In front of them they could see a neutron star, and they couldn't believe their eyes at how beautiful it is.

Octavius: In front of us it a neutron star, i'll be fine as I used to play with them as a child so it won't effect me, just stay here and watch.

Octavius goes to the neutron star and begins making the impossible cube and lead-83. Alphys couldn't believe what they saw in front of her, and couldn't believe how Octavius was just next to one of the most powerful things in the universe.

The others were still surprised on how beautiful space was, and how they are breathing in space. Octavius makes the lead-83 and impossible cube, and goes back to them unharmed by the neutron star.

Octavius: I've just made the things, how are we all feeling?

Asriel: Amazed!

Octavius: I thought so, everyone's first trip to space has the same reaction, they're speachless on how beautiful it is.

Alphys: How did you not die?

Octavius: I'm immortal, I can survive anything! that neutron star just felt like I was watching something inside of a microwave to me.

Alphys: You just compared one of the most powerful things in this universe to a microwave.

Octavius: I did, and it is, now! onto the main show!

Octavius clicks his fingers again and they find themselves outside of a Quasar. They couldn't believe what was in front of their eyes, this is where Octavius really shows his true power.

Octavius: Here we go! hang on everyone!

Octavius charges up a shockwave in his hands and throws it, making the Quasar shake and everyone in the dome shake as well. They hold onto their seats and watch Octavius do him magic.

Octavius then does another spell which surrounds the Quasar and it's now in his control, everyone couldn't believe what they were watching as something so powerful was captured by someone powerful.

Octavius moves the Quasar closer and shrinking it as it gets closer so it doesn't effect them, he gets his special jar ready and put the Quasar into it with ease, and he then holds it up shows everyone the powerful thing inside of a glass jar.

Octavius: And here we have it ladies and gentlemen! the Quasar! gaze at it's wonder!

Mettaton: Ok, now I believe you.

Alphys: You really are powerful!

Octavius: Let's go home!

Octavius clicks his fingers and they're back at the lab, the dome disappears around them and they get out of the seats.

Octavius: I hope you enjoyed that! I sure did! if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Octavius puts the things down and gets back on the call with Atlas while everyone is still amazed about what they saw.

Octavius: I got the things, it was super easy.

Atlas: Great! i'll send you the blueprints and instructions and you can being building machine.

Octavius: Great! i'll get started on it right away! but i've been meaning to ask you, how will Frisk get here?

Atlas: Ah, I don't know, we don't have 6 human SOULs so we can't build the machine.

Octavius: What if I set one of those vortexes here and they can go through that?

Atlas: That might work, give it a try, set one up.

Octavius: You lied, didn't you, the machine only has one use.

Atlas: *sigh* How long have you known for?

Octavius: Since you told us that the SOULs won't run out, they will, won't they?

Atlas:... Yes. It's a one way trip, i'm sorry.

Octavius: It's fine, i'll find another way out.

Atlas: You're not going to stay there are you?

Octavius: I have no choice, Kris needs to get home, to their friends, their family. I have no one, i'll be here, i'll be fine.

Atlas: You have us, we aren't leaving you there.

Octavius: Then you come up with a way to get me home.

Atlas: I'll send you the information, good luck and if this is the last time we talk, goodbye.

Octavius: Goodbye.

The call finally ends and Altas sends Octavius the instructions and Octavius starts to build it. Mettaton and Alphys help him build it as it would be done quicker with the three of them. After many hours pass and the machine is complete.

Octavius: Phew! i'm proud of us! now to load the things up!

They get all of the things and connect it to the machine and after they secure it properly, the machine was ready.

Octavius: It's done! (good luck Kris, and good bye.)

The rest of them walk over and look at the machine, it towered over them and looked ready to be used.

Octavius: Kris, it's ready, better say your goodbyes while I set the destination up.

Kris: Right, well, thank you all for helping us, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

Papyrus: Goodbye human! and when you next eat spaghetti, think of me.

Kris: I sure will.

Undyne: Goodbye punk! that was the best battle i've ever had against a human, and tell your King, that he did a great job at training you.

Kris: Thank you, I will tell him that.

Sans: See ya kiddo, even though we hardly know each other, I wish you the best of luck.

Kris: Thank you Sans, and work on the jokes will you.

Toriel: Goodbye my child, I wish you luck and don't forget about you Toriel.

Kris: I won't, but thank you for your help.

Asriel: Goodbye Kris, and make sure to bring the correct human back.

Kris: Don't worry, I will.

Alphys: Goodbye Kris! it was nice meeting you!

Kris: Goodbye Alphys and don't put yourself down, you'll soon figure out who you are and want to be.

Mettaton: Goodbye human! even though you didn't see my new body, I wish you the best of luck!

Kris: Thank you, and i'm sure your new body is great.

Octavius: It's ready! enter when you are ready! i'll tell the other on the other side to be ready!

Kris hugs them all each goodbye and Octavius tells the others to be ready for when Kris arrives, before Kris enters the machine, Octavius gives them another hug.

Kris: What's the hug for? we are going to the same place.

Octavius: I know, but one for when you're in there, as it gives you extra determination.

Kris: See you on the other side!

Octavius: Yes, see you on the other side. I love you.

Kris enters the machine while everyone watches them go, the SOULs begin to drain all of their power, never to be used again, which left Octavius in the universe.

Alphys: Now it's your turn! the SOULs should take long to recharge.

Octavius: I'm sorry, but Atlas lied to you.

Alphys: W-what?

Octavius: The SOULs can only be used once, that means i'm stuck here, forever, living with you guys.

Toriel: But your home! Kris! they'll be devastated!

Octavius: I know, but I wish them luck in their life, and that not my home, it never was. My home is long gone, nothing feels like home to me anymore, i'm just... lonely... like always. I hope Kris enjoys their life, as I won't be there.

Deltarune universe:

Altas: Over here!

Everyone runs over and watches as a portal appears, Kris then walks out of it, and their face lightens up as soon as they see everyone. Ralsei runs to Kris giving them a hug, the rest then run to Kris as well giving one big hug.

Ralsei: Your back!

Kris: I know.

Ralsei: I missed you so much!

Kris: I missed you too.

Susie: I missed you too ya twerp.

Kris: Susie, same as always.

They stop hugging after a while but Kris notices something.

Kris: Where's Octavius?

Atlas: I'm sorry Kris, but that machine was a one way trip.

Kris: W-what?

Atlas: The SOULs powers have been used, they don't recharge like I told you, Octavius is still in that universe.

Kris: W-what! n-no! I-it can't be!

Atlas: I'm sorry, but he's not coming back.

Kris then collapses on the floor and starts to cry, Ralsei comforts them like they always do, everyone else is just silent looking where the portal was and now was gone. Kris couldn't stop crying, it was like they lost their dad in the most horrible way possible, abandonment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 586 39
The cover says it all, this is a Kris x Reader book for all the Kris lovers out there :D *I do not own Deltarune, all rights go to Toby Fox* Accompli...
2.8K 67 23
After solving a small issue, a bigger issue had popped up. But luckily for Kris, this one would reveal who they really wanted to be. All characters...
3.8K 80 23
With the new dark fountain, a new thing has appeared and is threatening Time. Can the Fun gang stop him or will he succeed bringing the fall of Time...
34.7K 405 8
Seriously though. I'm just joining the bandwagon. Feel free to jump in for a ride. (A/N: A super, SUPER duper old dump of headcanons I wrote waaay ba...