How to Seduce an Earl

SinfullyIndulgent tarafından

To escape the clutches of a forced political marriage, Lady Annabeth decides to find a husband of her own cho... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (M)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 10

2.3K 81 15
SinfullyIndulgent tarafından

Annabeth blinked and then narrowed her eyes. "So you don't want me to help you assassinate Jason?"

Percy threw his head back and laughed. He had been expecting an outright rejection, and certainly not words like that. "No, why would I want you to do that? I don't want Piper on my tail for revenge. Here, let's sit down. I want to talk to you about some things."

He helped her up, and they walked to the bleachers. All the while, his mind was in a flurry of nervousness. Why the hell did he blurt out a proposal to Annabeth at that specific time? Sure, Percy was going to do it eventually, but he had planned to propose in a library or rose garden, not in a dusty arena where he looked absolutely filthy and sweaty. Somehow Annabeth still looked absolutely stunning, despite going through a bout of dueling.

Perhaps what made him suddenly propose on the spot was the way his heart beat fast every time she smiled at him. When she was in his arms, everything felt all right. All the anxiety just melted away.

They ended up sitting by the viewing chairs by the arena.

"Alright, what did you want to talk to me about, Your Grace?"

Percy squeezed her hand gently, relishing the warmth coming from her hand. "I'm just going to drop the formalities, because I want to talk to you as just Percy Jackson. Not Earl Percy Jackson, just regular old Percy, a man who wants to talk to Annabeth."

She nodded seriously, squeezing his hand back. "Alright. I'm just plain ole Annabeth for me."

"You'd never be plain, Annabeth. Too pretty for that."

"Oh, shush," she laughed.

He took a deep breath. "Let me just start off by saying I really, really like spending time with you. I-I think you're absolutely fantastic." Her cheeks flushed lightly. Adorable. Truly just adorable. He placed a kiss on the back of her hand. "I really do like you. I don't think I've ever been truly in love with anyone in my life, so I can't say if what I'm feeling is love. But I do want to let you know about how you feel, and how I feel is that I really like you. And if these feelings do turn into love, then I am all for it."

Gods, that was embarrassing to say. But Annabeth's expression made up for everything, with her grey eyes shining with emotion. "For what it's worth, Percy, I like you, too." She looked shyly at her lap. "I don't think I've ever enjoyed spending time with anyone else than with you."

Ugh, his heart was going to burst if he could. Percy lowered his head and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'm going to be upfront with you. About everything. I received a letter two days ago from the Atlantis Empire."

"What did the letter say?"

He grimaced. "It was from the Royal Family of Atlantis requesting that I marry."

"Oh." Her lips formed a round shape.

"Unfortunately, I've been engaged to a noblewoman in the Atlantis Empire, most likely for political reasons. I'm sure you've heard about my parentage, since it's not exactly the best-kept secret," he said sarcastically.

Percy could practically see the gears turning in her head. What a smart and beautiful woman. "So in order to prevent that, you would send them news that you are already engaged."

"Almost 100% correct."

"Hmph. I don't get almost 100% correct on tests. It's all or nothing." Annabeth thought for a few moments. "I suppose if you send news that you are already engaged, they still have the authority to force you to break off that engagement and accept their terms. You'd have to be married first, and then it would be far too messy and complicated to get a divorce."

Percy grimaced bitterly. "Indeed."

"And if you marry someone from the Olympian Kingdom, it would be even harder to accomplish a divorce since that might lead to bad diplomatic relations between our kingdoms. But what if they still force you to take on a second wife?"

He shook his head. "A long time ago, I asked permission from my father that I would only ever have one wife. Not even concubines. I've seen what the harem life has done with its life-long damages, especially to my mother. I'm not going to subject anyone to that kind of fate. Besides," Percy said as he smiled at her. "I don't think I have room in my heart for more than one woman."

She pecked him on the cheek. "I don't think I have room for more than one man either," Annabeth joked.

"You don't have to answer now. I'll send a formal request to your parents if you do say-"

"Yes."

There was a pause. "You don't need time to think about it?"

Annabeth shook her head wryly. "I'll be honest to you, too. You knew from before that I'd rather not get married. But since that's all society expects from me, I would much rather I marry someone that I choose and not be sold off like chattel to the highest bidder for my hand. Which, by the way, is Baron Rodrick."

A growl erupted from Percy's throat. Really. That infuriating old fart. He was going to have to do something about that annoying toad.

"I'm not very enthused about it, and neither are my parents. I did approach you with the thought of marriage in mind, but what I found out was that I really do like you. You're a good friend, but I also see you as more than a good friend."

"Ah, so you were seducing me," Percy teased.

"Please," she snorted. "I thought your oblivious self would never notice."

"How could I not, with such a beautiful lady enchanting me?"

Annabeth gave him a look, and shook her head laughingly.

"Would your parents accept me, though? I realize that your father has glared at me whenever I come within ten feet of you at the last societal event."

Annabeth laughed. "I've come to realize, he's probably being slightly overprotective, as all fathers might do for their children. You're markedly better than Baron Rodrick, though not by much," she teased.

"What? I am certainly better than that old geezer," he complained.

She threw her arms around him for a kiss on the lips, which he gladly accepted. "I know," she said softly. "I like you lots better. I'll convince my parents."

Percy curled his arms around her, relishing the warmth he found in her.

"Ew, Percy, you're sweatier than I thought. Go take a shower or I won't hug you again until you do."

"Look at you, Lady Annabeth. Already getting used to being called Countess Annabeth, aren't you?" Percy put her palm over his heart. "Your wish is my command, Lady Annabeth."

*************************

Annabeth had mentioned that she would do her best to convince her parents into accepting his proposal, but Percy had also made plans to do so as well. If the Chase family were to entrust their daughter to him, he had to prove his trustworthiness. That started with shutting down any rumors of him being a playboy.

Not only would such stupid gossip affect Annabeth's reputation as his future wife, Percy was starting to get worried if such false rumors made its way to his mother's ears. She would be so disappointed in such scandals and be anxious for him. Percy had already not made his mother's life easier as a rebellious teenager back in the days.

With Jason's influence as the Crown Prince and Piper's popularity in many social circles, his reputation stabilized somewhat and rather quickly. Percy was actually surprised that those rumors seemed to dry up so fast, but he supposed that was the power of being threatened with kicked out of the future rulers' good graces. Now there were far more new rumors that the so-called Monster of the Seas had been tamed by a certain woman, which he didn't mind as much.

What he was anxious about was meeting Annabeth's parents for a formal marriage request. Sure, he had met them a couple of times at balls, but so many eyes were on them that Percy couldn't tell their true feelings about him. At best, he could say they were polite but wary of his intentions with Annabeth.

He had been in so many battles. The scariest incident yet? Meeting in the in-laws (although accidentally breaking his mother's favorite china teacup was a strong contender).

So that was how Percy found himself sitting in the Chase family mansion receiving room, nibbling on blueberry scones and fresh Darjeeling tea. With a hint of optimism, he noticed everything was set in blue, from the blue cornflowers in the sky blue vase to the white china with midnight blue patterns. Beside him, Annabeth sat with ease, delicately sipping from her cup.

Opposite him sat his future in-laws. Baron Chase had been described as an academic, with his eyes looking somewhat frazzled as his butler had to call him out from his research. Annabeth's stepmother was elegant, only glancing over the rim of her teacup to inspect Percy.

"May I speak to you alone for a moment, Your Grace?" Baron Chase finally said.

"Of course, Baron Chase."

Annabeth cast him a worried look as Percy followed her father out of the parlor. They ended up in the library. Percy couldn't help but smile. Like father, like daughter. He knew Annabeth didn't always have the best relationship with her father, but he could detect some similarities between the pair.

Baron Chase gestured for Percy to sit in a cushy armchair. "Your Grace, I'm afraid that you are not the first to request my daughter's hand for marriage."

"I have been informed of that. Baron Rodrick sent an official request to the Emperor this morning."

The baron sighed and ran his hand through his salt and pepper hair distractedly. "That quickly? I must admit that I am not partial to having our family be united with that of his. When I hear of the stories of how he has treated his wives...well, it's not something any husband should be proud of."

"I know. I've talked it through with Annabeth and made it clear that I would only be having one wife."

"Have you now?" Baron Chase looked at him in the eye directly. "And what do you feel about my daughter?"

Percy leveled his gaze back. "I truly admire Lady Annabeth and all her accomplishments." He said, honestly. "She's intelligent, witty, and kind. I love when she's talking excitedly about topics like architecture and history, and it makes me happy to see her happy. I hope to make her happy for the the rest of our lives as well."

Baron Chase snorted. "Do you know what that bastard Baron Rodrick said in the letter when he asked for Annabeth's hand? That she had a body like a mare fit for breeding sons! Oh, I'm sure he was sniffing like a bloodhound for her dowry, too. Had her mother, Duchess Athena, been alive, she would have chewed that bastard out in seconds. I can't believe he thought it was a compliment to have my daughter be thought of like that. Never have I been insulted in my life."

Percy's temper boiled under a sea of scalding water. To reduce anyone as just a birthing machine was inhumane.

The baron grumbled, observing Percy for a bit. "You do not need to ask me for permission, Your Grace. Annabeth is a headstrong young woman who will do things as she like without permission, just like dear Athena was. I have seen how she smiles when you are there. I only ask that you keep her smiling like that."

Percy let out a sigh of relief. "Of course. Thank you, Baron Chase. There is nothing I wouldn't do to make her happy."

"No need to thank me. All you have to do is keep your promise. But first, you must get approval from the Emperor, don't you?"

Percy grinned wolfishly. "I will have that taken care of, no need to worry about that."

Unbeknownst to him, Baron Chase shivered inwardly at the dark expression on Percy's face. For a second, the man who was sitting before him was not the Earl but a battle toughened warrior who used both strength and the mind to defeat his enemies. The baron would have been inclined to feel great pity for Baron Rodrick had that baron not made such tasteless remarks about his daughter.

They headed back to the parlor room. One look at Percy's grin sent Annabeth running into his arms. It was terrible social etiquette as Baron Chase grumbled and her stepmother made cooing noises. None of that mattered as Annabeth laughed as he spun her in his arms.

Now, to deal with that bastard who made vulgar passes at his fiancee...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

46.3K 752 70
After Percy went missing and Jason finished his quest with Piper and Leo, you will read Annabeth's reaction. Then the next Chapter's will be about wh...
26.5K 490 28
When Annabeth is forced to marry the son of an enemy lord, she is totally unprepared for what will happen. Disclaimer: this is a Percy Jackson AU and...
1.1M 15.7K 100
Just a bunch of random Percabeth! One shots, fluff, AU's, meet percabeth. Plenty of mature content too. The first few chapters are a little cringy...
17.2K 327 21
Percabeth Mortality AU Completed: 2017 #1 percyfanfic #1 percabethfanfic »•« "Can you imagine if we hadn't been born demigods?"...