Echo (Undertale) (Deltarune)

By DoctorBlu5

After defeating an enemy, Kris has swapped universes with someone, but who? All characters are owed by Toby F... More

Welcome to my story
To Snowdin! | Chapter 2
To the Lab! | Chapter 3
Progress! | Chapter 4
Battle of the gods | Chapter 5
The Machine | Chapter 6
PLEASE! | Chapter 7
GENOCIDE! | Chapter 8
Somewhere familiar | Chapter 9
Contact! | Chapter 10
The SOULs are free | Chapter 11
Another universe | Chapter 12
Nightmare | Chapter 13
It's done | Chapter 14
Rescue | Chapter 15
Home | Chapter 16
New life | Chapter 17
The surface | Chapter 18
First lesson | Chapter 19
Christmas Eve | Chapter 20
Christmas Day | Chapter 21

Swapped | Chapter 1

570 9 2
By DoctorBlu5

BOOM. An explosion was heard from outside, Kris, Susie and Ralsei ran to where it came from, when they got there it was another enemy. It just stood there facing away from them, they got ready to attack. The enemy turned around and the battle began.

????: My words are explosive!

The enemy's words exploded creating a shock wave nearly blowing them all down. Kris uses ACT, they use wire cutters and make everyone cut a wire on the bomb the enemy was wearing.

????: Cut the red wire!

Susie: They're all red!

The enemy took a wire from the bomb and used it as a lasso, it wrapped around the SOUL, making it slower and harder to escape from upcoming attacks. The enemy slammed the SOUL against the ground only stopping because the wire snapped.

Ralsei: Jeez, that took a lot of damage, shouldn't we heal up Kris?

Kris:... No.

Ralsei: O-oh, ok.

Kris uses ACT, they have enough TP for mega wire cutters, they use it. Everyone grabs the big wire cutters and cut 30 of the bomb's wires getting it to 50% MERCY.

Ralsei: That was great Kris! we just have to save up more!

Susie: Just don't die.

????: Time is ticking!

A countdown then showed up, they had 60 seconds to beat them or else the bomb would explode and blow up everyone in a 100 mile distance including the castle town.

Ralsei: It'll blow up everything! quick! hurry!

Kris uses ACT, but they don't have enough TP for the big wire cutters, so Kris makes all of them cut the wires as fast as possible so they can disarm the bomb.

????: I'll take my time!

The enemy used a slow attack, it didn't do any damage, just made their attack last for 40 seconds, Kris put the SOUL near the attack so they could get enough TP to disarm the bomb.

????: 20 seconds left!

Ralsei: Hurry!

Kris just had enough TP for the mega wire cutters, but the time was ticking down quickly. 10 seconds left, Kris uses the wire cutters, everyone holds them and as the bomb was about to explode they cut all of the wires just in time.

Ralsei: Phew, that was close!

????: Bomb disarmed, time to make an exit!

The enemy then exploded, Kris used their shield to protect them all from the rubble the explosion threw at them.

Ralsei: Thanks Kris!

Susie: Yeah, thanks, but I could have still survived that without the shield.

Ralsei: Pft! yeah right! those stones would have ripped you to shreds!

Susie: Nope, i'm super though, I can survive anything! right Kris, Kris?

Ralsei: Kris?

Kris had walked away so they could go SAVE and heal them all up, Susie and Ralsei caught up to them and they reached the castle where everyone was unaffected by the explosion, that's when Octavius ran up to them to see if they were ok.

Octavius: You guys ok? I heard an explosion.

Ralsei: Yeah! all thanks to Kris!

Octavius: Who was it?

Susie: No idea, they didn't say their name, we just sort of battled and that was it.

Octavius: Strange, an enemy always reveals their name when you battle them.

Kris: *cough*

Octavius: Kris? are you ok?

Kris: Yeah... *cough*

Ralsei: Kris?

Susie: But their full health, like all of us.

Ralsei: Maybe they have a cold?

Octavius: Let me see, I used to be a doctor.

Octavius checks Kris to see if they have a cold or anything else, but they were perfectly well.

Octavius: No cold.

Ralsei: Maybe they were clearing their throat?

Susie: But they hardly ever talk, why would they need to clear their throat?

Kris then collapses on the ground still coughing, they rushed over to them with a worried look on their face.

Susie: Ok! the hell is going on!

Octavius: Atlas! get over here!

Atlas looks out of the castle and sees Kris on the floor with all of them around them, he runs over checks what's going on.

Octavius: You know more about this stuff than me, what's going on?

Atlas: Did you check for a cold or any other illnesses?

Octavius: Yes! but nothing came up! their fine!

Susie: What do you mean! they aren't fine! look at them!

Atlas looks at Kris and it looked like they were dying even though they ad nothing wrong with them. Atlas scanned them and he had a concerned look on his face a he knew what was going on.

Atlas: Oh no.

Ralsei: Oh no? what do you mean oh no!?

Atlas: I can't heal this, it's already begun.

Susie: Well what is it!?

Atlas: They are being swapped between universes, someone or something is swapping them with something from their universe. In one minute Kris will go to the universe they thing has chosen and the thing from that universe will come here. Universe swap, nothing can stop it, i'm sorry.

Ralsei: W-what!

Susie: Who will they be replaced with!?

Atlas: I don't know, it's always a mystery, but when Kris has been replaced, you can ask the person why they came here, as it takes so much power for universe swaps to happen.

Ralsei: Do we know where they're going?

Atlas: No, everything's guessed, no one knows.

Kris: They're nearly here...

Ralsei: Who Kris? who?

Kris:...

Ralsei: Who?

Susie: Who god sake!?

Kris:... Frisk...

Everyone looks at each other as they've never heard that name before, Kris started to phase out from Ralsei's arms.

Atlas: Ralsei, you have to leave them.

Ralsei: W-what! no!

Atlas: You'll die. When the universe swaps happen it creates a ring of fire around them burning anything it comes in contact with, you'll be burnt in less that a second.

Kris:... Leave... me...

Ralsei: W-what! no! I can't!

Kris: You have to... for the world's sake...

Ralsei: No! i'm not leaving you!

Atlas: Grab him.

Ralsei: W-what!

Atlas, Octavius and Susie drag Ralsei away from Kris, he tries his best to escape while kicking and screaming but their grips are too tight, he can only watch now.

Atlas: Good luck, knight, I hope we see each other again some time.

Ralsei: What! no!

Octavius: Goodbye and good luck Kris.

Susie: See ya, friend, and don't die.

Ralsei: Kris, no...

Kris: I'm sorry...

The ring of fire appears around Kris, with the fire burning everything in the circle except for Kris. The fire then blasts into the sky, creating a beacon everyone would be able to see for miles. Ralsei was released but didn't run to the fire, he just stood there with tears in his eyes, wondering if he could have helped stop it.

The fire then went back down and disappeared creating a lot of smoke, when the smoke cleared a figure could be seen sitting there. Everyone was a bit cautious to walk up to them as they don't know if they would harm them, but Susie prepared her axe.

Atlas: Welcome to our universe, state you name, species, and intention.

Frisk: Frisk, human, to get home.

Atlas: You were brought here?

Frisk: Well it's more complicated than that, but yes.

Atlas: How do you feel?

Frisk: A bit hot, hungry, and scared.

Atlas: Oh, well don't worry, none of us are going to hurt you. I guess we should introduce ourselves, i'm Atlas, this is Octavius.

Octavius: Hello!

Atlas: This is Susie.

Susie: Sup.

Atlas: And this is Ralsei, he owns the castle.

Ralsei: Hi! it's wonderful to meet you!

Chara: (They look nice, kill them.)

Frisk: (No! shut up!) Hi, nice place you have here, way better than where i'm from.

Ralsei: Hehe, thanks. You said you were hungry? follow me and i'll get you something to eat.

Frisk: Oh, ok.

Atlas helps Frisk get up and all of them go inside of the castle, Ralsei gets Frisk some food, they were hesitant at first, but why would they go out of their way to poison the food when they could have killed them as soon as they got there. Frisk took some food and ate it, it was nicer than what they had eaten before.

Everyone sat down and when Frisk finished their food they asked some more questions.

Atlas: So where are you from?

Frisk: Uhh, I can't remember, I think it was under something.

Atlas: Undertale?

Frisk: I think so.

Atlas: Well, Kris is going to have fun then.

Ralsei: What do you mean?

Atlas: I've heard about that universe, where a king has 6 SOULs and has to break down a barrier using 7 SOULs, and his plan is to kill all of the humans once they get out so the monsters can live in peace.

Frisk: I was meant to be the 7th.

Atlas: Yes, but something or someone wants Kris there instead of you.

Frisk: The person in the armour?

Atlas: Yeah.

Frisk: I saw them for like a second, we passed through some sort of tunnel.

Atlas: That's how you got here, someone swapped you with Kris and the other way around. What did you see?

Frisk: Well I was lying on the ground after I fell down in the middle of a mountain but before I could get up fire appeared around me.

Atlas: Same that happened with Kris, not the falling part just the fire part.

Frisk: How do I get out of here?

Atlas: Ah, you can't.

Frisk: What? so i'm stuck here?

Atlas: Not yet, me and Octavius can bring you back to your universe and Kris back to ours but need a lot of power and time. We also need Kris to set something up on their end as well, do you have anyone smart there?

Frisk: No, I just fell down, I didn't even meet anyone yet.

Atlas: Oh, well we still have contact with them as they always wear a communication device, i'll see if I can call them.

Atlas gives Kris a ring on the device.

Undertale universe:

Kris: Ugh, where am I?

Flowey: Howdy! i'm Flowey. Flowey the flower! Hmmm... you're new to the UNDERGROUND, aren'tcha? Golly, you must be so confused. Someone ought to teach you how things work around here-

Kris: Nah, i'm good.

Flowey: W-what? but without my help you'll get lost!

Kris: Eh.

Flowey: Die even!

Kris: Died plenty of times. Now move or i'll use weed killer on you.

Flowey: Weed killer? but i'm a flower! look i'm bright and yellow!

Kris: Weed killer can be used on flowers as well, or better yet, i'll cut you in half with my sword.

Flowey: Woah woah woah, hold on, there's no need for violence down here! everyone loves humans! for their SOULs- I mean, cooking...

Kris: Move.

Flowey: Fine, but in this world. IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED!

The flower disappears, allowing Kris to continue. When Kris goes into the next room, Toriel was standing there, Kris didn't know what to do, hug their mother or not. Toriel then turned around and was shocked to see another human standing there.

Toriel: Do not be afraid, my child. I am Toriel, caretaker of the RUINS. I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the first human to come here in a long time. Come! I will guide you through the catacombs.

Kris follows Toriel as they have no idea where to go, so they might as well follow their mother. She guides them through the puzzles and she then leaves Kris to find their own way back home, Kris doesn't care of course, because they can handle anything.

As soon as Toriel disappears around the corner, Kris' device starts to ring, they pick it up immediately.

Kris: Hello?

Atlas: Kris! oh thank god you're ok! where are you?

Kris: I don't know, somewhere called the RUINs.

Atlas: Have you met anyone yet?

Kris: A flower called Flowey, but I threatened it to use weed killer on it, and Toriel.

Atlas: Kris, that's not your mom, i'm sorry.

Kris: But she looks and talks like her.

Atlas: I know, but she isn't, your mom is back here, no matter how much you feel about her being your mom, don't get attached, because to get out of the RUINS, you'll have to leave her.

Kris: Fine, but shouldn't I tell her i'm not meant to be here?

Octavius: We will need all the help we can get.

Atlas:... Fine, but you have to trust her, and she has to trust you.

Kris: I think I can work on that.

Frisk: Is that Kris?

Kris: Is that Frisk?

Atlas: Yes. Anything you should tell each other?

Frisk: Don't give up, you have something none of them have, DETERMINATION.

Kris: Thank you, and you have friends. There are save points so if you do battle someone don't worry, you'll respawn.

Frisk: Battle?

Kris: Yes, it's mostly peaceful, but sometimes people will attack... Wait, Ralsei can explain it to you, he loves explaining things like these. So I tell Toriel what happened and get help?

Atlas: Yes, but don't tell the wrong people, as it could end horribly.

Kris: Got it. See you soon, and Frisk, tell Chara to shut up.

Chara: (What! how can they hear me!?)

Frisk: Ok. (Shut up)

Chara: (What is going on!?)

Ralsei: Who's Chara?

Frisk: Oh believe me, you wouldn't want to know.

Kris: Bye!

Atlas: Bye, and remember no telling the wrong person!

Kris ends the call and continues the way to Toriel's house. After many enemies which Kris befriended and puzzles they finally got to Toriel's house, they saved and went inside. Toriel was reading one of her books and she noticed Kris walk in. She was about to hug them bug Kris stopped them by pointing their sword at them.

Toriel: What are you doing my child?

Kris: I don't belong here.

Toriel: What? why would you say that?

Kris: I'm not from this universe, I don't belong here. I'm going to tell you who I am and where I came from, can I trust you?

Toriel: Yes, yes you can trust me, i'm the most trust worth person here, but don't you want to sit down and talk about it?

Kris: Fine.

Kris sits down and Toriel gets ready to listen to them, putting away her book so she has full focus. Kris then tells her everything, where they came from, who they are, why they don't belong, why they need to leave, and who should be here.

Toriel: So you're still human, still have a SOUL, but not from this universe?

Kris: Yes.

Toriel: So you'll have to leave.

Kris: Yes, if I want to get back to my universe.

Toriel: Then I will help, seeing as you don't belong and are human, I will help.

Kris: Thank you.

Toriel: Wait, is there a Toriel in your universe?

Kris: Yes, she owns a school, looks after me as an adopted child, divorced Asgore and has a son who at university.

Toriel: I've always wanted to be a teacher! but what was her reason for divorcing Asgore?

Kris: I don't know, I was too young.

Toriel: Hmpf, well it can't be as bad as what this one did.

Kris: What did he do?

Toriel: Kill 6 humans and now has their SOULs, but he need 7 to destroy the barrier that's keeping us down here.

Kris: The 7th should have been Frisk.

Toriel: Who?

Kris: The human who should be here instead of me.

Toriel: Oh...

Kris: So you're going to help me?

Toriel: Yes! seeing as you don't belong and need to get to your universe.

Kris: How do we get out of here?

Toriel: I have a way out, in the basement. Now before we leave, would you like some pie?

Kris: That's a hard pass, i'm sorry, but I was told not to get attached to you as you're not my mom.

Toriel: Oh, ok... let's go then!

They get up and Toriel took them to the door, as Toriel was about to open it Kris remembered something important.

Kris: Wait!

Toriel: What!?

Kris: I need to call someone before we continue.

Toriel: Oh, ok!

Octavius: Hello?

Kris: It's me.

Octavius: Great! Ralsei is teaching Frisk everything, what is it?

Kris: I don't know if you knew this but remember us telling you about a TV screen telling a Kris not to open a door?

Octavius: Uhh, yes, yes I do.

Kris: Well in order to continue, I need to open a door, you don't think the TV was talking about, me? do you?

Octavius:... It could be...

Toriel: Who's that?

Kris: My friend, he's been around for a long time so me might know what to do.

Octavius:... I don't know... Kris... I don't know...

Frisk: So I don't have to kill everything?

Ralsei: That's right! you can use ACT and you'll end things peacefully!

Toriel: Kris? what are we doing?

Kris just stared at the big door in front of them, not knowing what to do, if the TV was talking about them, then they can't continue, not with everyone's lives on the line.

Kris:... Let's continue... open the door.

Octavius: Are you sure?

Kris:... No, but if this does cause everyone to die, then we can stop it, if it was talking about me.

Octavius: Well... good luck.

Frisk: Like that?

Susie: Not bad!

Ralsei: It was ok, but I would prefer it if you used the ACT instead of FIGHT.

Kris: And tell them... if I don't get out or die... they were the best friends I could ask for...

Octavius: It will be done.

Kris ends the call and Kris and Toriel walk through the big door to the other side, where they would meet new friends and more help.

Deltarune universe:

Frisk: So that's all?

Ralsei: Yep!

Frisk: So what do we do now?

Ralsei: Well me, Susie, and Kris just hang out until something happens, like a new dark fountain or random enemy decides to attack.

Octavius:...

Ralsei: Octavius? you ok? you're really quiet.

Octavius:... Kris... opened the door.

Frisk: The door?

Ralsei: I thought we talked about that.

Octavius: Huh? oh, forget I said anything, let's see how Atlas is doing.

They started walking to the castle after the training, when they were outside of it, Octavius started to do something weird.

Octavius: *cough* oh no...

Ralsei: What?

Octavius: *cough* get... Atlas...

Susie: Atlas!

Atlas: Yeah?

Susie: Come here quick!

Atlas: I can't! i'm busy!

Susie: Octavius is coughing!

Atlas: What!?

Atlas stops what he was doing and runs out to them, Octavius was collapsed on the floor, coughing ever so slightly and getting cold.

Atlas: No! not another one! not him!

Frisk: What's going on?

Ralsei: It's what happened with Kris, they coughed and collapsed on the floor just like he's doing.

Atlas: No! it's too late!

Octavius: Look after them, will you?

Atlas: Please, don't go...

Octavius: I can't stop it... someone already has a fix... just be prepared... about what's about to come... stand back...

All of them stand back and the fire once appears again but around Octavius this time, the fire beams into the sky and stops, and what it reveals shocks everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 82 25
You were just another human like Kris, but you would always get bullied by them for some reason, but would the dark world change that? All characters...
19.6K 555 13
DONT READ THIS 🙏🙏🙏🙏
70.5K 2K 48
All characters and plot belongs to Toby Fox and Temmie. Frisk has tried to reset many times to save everyone but could never get the best ending for...
88.2K 1.1K 26
(EVERYONE IN THIS STORY BELONGS TO TOBY FOX!!!!) After defeating King Spade and saving the world, the human of hometown began to miss his prince and...