The Seven Campers and The Isl...

By karagreene01

Temperance can hear Dinosaurs and can sense the Dinosaurs' feelings. Mr. Masrani asked Temperance to go to Ca... More

Bio:
Temperance
What Temperance is Wearing
accessories
The stuff in Temperance's backpack
the stuff in Temperance's backpack part 2
Medical Kit
MREs - Meals Ready to Eat
MRE menus (if you don't want to use link)
Basic Past
Pictures:Basic Past
S1 E1: Camp Cretaceous
S1 E1: Pictures
S1 E2: Secrets
S1 E2: Pictures
S1 E3: The Cattle Drive
S1 E3: Pictures
S1 E4: Things fall apart
S1 E4: Pictures
S1 E5: Happy Birthday, Eddie!
S1 E5: Pictures
A.N.
S1 E6: Welcome to Jurassic World
S1 E6: Pictures
S1 E7: Last Day of Camp
S1 E7: Pictures
S1 E8: End of the Line
S1 E8: Pictures
Finally Finished
Season 2 new OC part 1
Season 2 new OC part 2
Season 2 new OC part 3
Before season 2: Mini 1
Before season 2: Mini 1: Picture
Season 2 Ep. 1: A Beacon of Hope
S2 E1: Pictures
S2 E2: Pictures
Camp Cretaceous One-Shots
Vote - closed
S2 Mini 2
S2 Mini 2: Pictures
S. 2 Ep. 3 The Watering Hole Preview
Author's note
new stories on the way - vote ended
Votes end in 5 days!
Voting ends tonight at midnight
AI
Stories in the works

S2 E2: The Art of Chill

386 4 2
By karagreene01

___Rebel___

Darius and I are in a tree with binoculars. We see a pair of Baryonyx running around and in the air are Pteranodons.

___Temperance__

Kenji is bored throwing rocks at a tree. As he throws another Yaz catches it and glares at him. Darius and Rebel climb down from the tree that Kenji is under. Darius sighs. Everyone walks over except Yaz and I. We are limping. Without more clean bandages, I could get worse. And Yaz won't let her sprained ankle heal. Darius says, "The Pteranodon are nesting on the eastern mountains, so that's out."

Bad news. Sammy pulls out a map. We can't stay on Main Street because of dinosaurs. The mountain, grasslands, and jungle are out because of dinosaurs. And Kenji's penthouse is out because he is bad at math. So, we head all the way back to Camp. It is a wreck and a half. But it has things we need to survive, a stream of fresh water, cover from weather, and dinosaurs. And we got supplies to make a shelter. Yaz is bumped to start clearing out debris. I go to help out. Darius says, "Hey, Yaz, Tem, maybe it's best if you two sat this one out?"

Yaz goes down. While I am supporting myself on the big chunk of debris. Sammy says, "You two are still hurt. All this running the last few days ain't helping any."

Rebel adds, "Temperance may have given you a brace but that will not speed heal you. And last night Temperance and I took a look at her wounds. Some of them need stitches badly."

Darius looks at a map and says, "Based on this symbol, there might be some clinic nearby. We'll see if we can find anything useful for Yaz and Temperance. Just rest here."

Yaz says, "No way! I'm not sitting around while you go back out there. I can pull my own weight."

I say, "I agree with Yaz. I can help."

Sammy says stopping her from getting up, "rest. You'll need that ankle to win gold medals when we get off this island, okay?"

Sammy turns to me, "You need to rest too."

Kenji says, "And I'll stay behind to make sure they rest."

Yaz says, "Can it be someone else? Literally anyone else?"

Darius says, "Ok. Great plan. Kenji, while Yaz and Temperance rest, start sorting through the broken stuff and find anything we can use."

Kenji says, "A hundred percent... maybe."

Brooklyn grabs three broken boards. Rebel unsheathes his knife. Brooklyn, Sammy, Darius, and Rebel leave.

_____ Rebel _____

We are walking to the clinic. I see a stripped tree. Sammy found a Stegosaurus plate. Sammy and Darius talk about the new behavior. They want to find the Stegosaurus's poop. Brooklyn and I are walking away. Then I hear a whirring sound. Both Brooklyn and I raise our weapons. Brooklyn asks, "Did you hear that?"

I say, "Unless we are both having a hearing hallucination."

Sammy and Darius run over. The whirring sound stops.

Brooklyn says that it was nothing and keeps going.

___ Temperance ___

I am bandaging the wounds that I can reach. I turn in time to see Kenji stretch. And I mean he is going at it. Like he is going to do a full-body routine at a gym. Kenji says, "Okay, task one: pick through camp garbage for useful garbage."

He looks at two planks, moving them around with his foot, and says, "complete."

Then he goes to the tree that I am next to and sits down. Yaz is not amused. She says, "That's it. Dude, you didn't even try."

Kenji says, "Shh. And join me at my resting tree."

"Your 'resting tree'?"

"It's a tree where you rest. The name kind of covers it."

"That's not... Okay, Darius said to sort through the debris. If you don't do it and Tem and I can't do it, who will do it?"

"Everyone else. Yaz, the best things in life are things you make other people do for you. Example: I've never cleaned my room. I wait for it to get messy enough that my dad's assistant caves and he makes one of the maids do it for me. Win-win."

"And you're proud of this?"

"Obvi, otherwise I wouldn't have told you about it. Now, stop talking and start relaxing."

"But-"

"Sh."

Kenji moves closer to me and pats the ground. He says, "resting tree."

Yaz leans on the tree then slides down. I go through my backpack and pull out my stitching kit and medkit. Yaz left but Kenji didn't notice. Kenji says, "Man, I really needed this, you know? Some quality Kenji time."

Kenji finally noticed Yaz was gone. Kenji says, "fine, hop away! I'll stay here under the tree!"

Five seconds later, Kenji says, "Tem, stay put! I am going to find Yaz!"

I yell, "Like, I would be able to run far!"

He grabbed a butter knife and walked off.

___Rebel___

We finally made it to the clinic. We start looking for anything we can take. Brooklyn found canned fruit. I see Darius found a little notebook. We found more medical supplies to pack in Sammy and my messenger bags. I hear a bellowing sound. We walk to the opening of a fence. In cages are dinosaurs. We walk into the fenced-off area. Brooklyn asks, "what is this place?"

I say, "I believe that this is where they take sick dinosaurs and treat them."

We look inside a Sinoceratop's cage. She was out of water and food. Sammy and Darius decide to free them. Brooklyn reminds the two that we are here to get medical supplies and that was it. There is a groan. I turn to see a Baryonyx in a cage. I walked over to it. It looked at me calmly. When the others came over, I backed up to let them see. The Baryonyx roars and leaps at us. Darius wants to leave it. Sammy wants to free it.

____Temperance___

Kenji is still looking for Yaz. I am still sitting under the tree.

____Rebel___

Darius and Sammy are arguing about freeing the predators. Sammy says, "If we can't let them go, we'll have to come back every day to feed them."

Darius says, "With what? Baryonyxes eat more than 100 pounds of meat a day."

Sammy pulls out, and I'm not kidding, a can of peaches. Darius says, "Peaches? They're carnivores, not omnivores."

Sammy wants to know where we can find 100 pounds of meat. Darius gestures at a Sinoceratop. Sammy is dismayed.

Sammy goes back to plan A: free them to the wild.

They continued to argue when Brooklyn ran back and yelled, "Run! Run!"

We turn and gasp.

____Temperance___

Yaz calls me through the radio, saying, "Tem, I fell and injured my ankle worse. Kenji is helping me get back."

"Do you need me to come and get you guys?"

"No. Stay there and rest. If you move you might need more stitches."

They make it back, sit down next to me, and sigh together. Kenji says, "Don't get used to this."

He turns to face the debris. I say, "Welcome back. Did you have a fun trip?"

"Not really. How are your wounds?"

"I need to stitch them soon. I found my stitching kits. As soon as Brooklyn, Darius, and Rebel get back, I am going to begin stitching them closed to avoid infection as much as I can."

____Rebel___

We ran away from the Baryonyx. It almost takes a bite out of Darius and Sammy. As soon as it sees the other one it stops chasing us. We take cover behind a container with Brooklyn. They seem to be talking. I sort of wish Temperance was here so we can know what they are talking about. The Baryonyx is trying to free the one in the cage. We sneak away to the other side of the fence that separates the herbivores and carnivores. A door thuds and then a snarling sound alerts us to a third Baryonyx. It sees us. It roars and charges. Everyone darts. Sammy dives for cover, while the Baryonyx chases Brooklyn, Darius, and I. We get up on top of a Stegosaurus cage with the Baryonyx leaping at us like a kid, who wants candy. Since it can't get up here, it is now trying to ram the cage to make us fall. It continues to leap at Brooklyn and Darius. Darius gets Sammy to release the Stegosauruses that are in the cage next to us. The Stegosauruses distract the Baryonyx almost immediately. The other one that is out of the cage comes to assist. We get down off the cage. Darius now changes his mind about keeping the Baryonyx in the cage. I roll my eyes and turn to help. As soon as it saw me it started to stare at me. Darius unlocked its cage. As soon as we pull the door open it runs to join the other two. The three roars scare the Stegosauruses. I say, "Time to go."

We run with the Stegosauruses and Baryonyxes in tow.

____Temperance___

I am still sitting by Yaz. Kenji was making a mini teepee with small sticks. It almost fell over but Kenji saved it. He says, " Welcome to Camp Kenji!"

I hear stomping and feel the stomping. Darius, Sammy, Brooklyn, and Rebel run toward. Darius says, "Up the trees, quick!"

Behind them are Sinoceratops, and Stegosauruses. Kenji helps Yaz and me up the tree. Everyone gets up. The Sinoceratops and Stegosauruses stomp past flatting Kenji's stick teepee. Yaz touches his shoulder. Sammy says, "I guess this is why they built Camp C up in the trees."

Darius says, "Hey, maybe our new shelter should be kind of like a treehouse?"

Yaz pulls out a page to draw an idea. Yaz says, "Maybe something like. . . this?"

She shows us her sketch. Darius says, "It's great! But we definitely need a lookout tower."

Brooklyn says, "and an awesome girls' bunk! The boys can have whatever."

Rebel says, "Yeah, problem with that."

Everyone looks at him. Brooklyn asks, "what do you mean?"

Rebel rolls their eyes and says, "I can switch my gender. I can be a boy one day, next day I could be a girl, and vice vicra."

Kenji says, "Rebel was nicknamed at school the 'cursed model' because of their ability to gender switch in the middle of the night and their job is being a model."

Rebel says, "Right. Back to the planning of the new camp."

With that Sammy says, "a place for storing food, so the dinos don't get it."

(A.N. This is a part where I add a scene to Camp Cretaceous again. If you want me to stop adding scenes just say so, and if you love me adding scenes say that too.)

Sammy rewrapped Yaz's ankle with Ace wrap that they found at the clinic. The brace had to come off anyway to be disinfected. Afterward, Brooklyn removed my bandages. Everyone looks at them. I say, "my right wrist and hand are fractured. It will need a brace."

Kenji says, "that must hurt badly."

I say, "Yes. I need to stitch my right hand, left leg, and right forearm."

Yaz says, "How can you stitch yourself?"

"Carefully."

Darius says, "maybe you shouldn't."

"Well, does anyone else know how to stitch a wound?" I ask. Kenji, Sammy, Darius, and Rebel shake their heads. Brooklyn says, "I have some basic knowledge of stitching. Very basic."

Yaz says, "I had some classes on the subject. How many kits do you have?"

I say, "I have two stitching kits."

Darius says, "So Brooklyn and Yaz will stitch Temperance."

Brooklyn says, "Stitching hurts, do you have any anesthetic (numbing medication)?"

I say, "yes. I have lidocaine, the shot version."

Darius says, " How fast does it take effect?"

"As fast as four minutes and as long as three hours."

"Sammy, Kenji, distract Temperance." says Rebel, "She will react to it even if her body is numb."

"Ok. I can do that," says Kenji. Sammy nods her head.

I pull out the lidocaine, the stitching kits, gauze, and the medical tape. Brooklyn injects the anesthetic into my body and we wait. Kenji smirks and sings, "Oh. Temperance?"

"What, Kenji?" I ask knowing I am not going to like this. He asks, " Got any stories to tell us?"

"Why do you ask?"

Brooklyn says, "You must have some good stories to tell. I mean you're linked to Dinosaurs, you must have some interesting stories."

I raise my eyebrow, and say, "Should I tell them how you nearly peed yourself?"

"A story of you not me!"

"Ok. Hmm. I have a story for you guys to chew on. One of the times I came to Jurassic World, I was at a hatchery watching the babies. When Wu and one of his assistants were talking."

"What were they talking about?" asked Sammy. By now, the numbness is in full effect. Brooklyn says, "I will stitch your right hand and arm. Yaz, stitch Temperance's left leg."

I roll my eyes and look away from where they were starting to stitch, knowing that if I looked that I would move no matter how numb it feels. I continue my story, "I only heard the end of the conversation. Wu said, 'where are they?' The assistant said, 'they are with it at the moment. I have no idea why it likes them.' Wu said, "It was made for them. Even if Masrani disapproves of it, they will be safe.' At that, they stopped talking and went back to work."

Sammy says, " What were they talking about?"

"Don't know. Didn't know then and still don't know now," I say shrugging.

Yaz says, "Done."

She wrapped it up with gauze and then put tape on the gauze to keep it put. Then I put my hand in a brace. Soon, Brooklyn finished my hand and arm. Afterward, Yaz and I sat next to a tree. Her foot is on up using a rock. Yaz was working on the sketch of the new Camp. Everyone was moving the debris around. Yasmina's secondary job is to keep me from doing something that could tear or tug the stitches. Sammy found Darius's raptor necklace and gave it back. Yaz says, "we need more vines."

Brooklyn says while grabbing a plank from the floor, "on it!"

Brooklyn leaves. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 1.2K 43
I don't own camp cretaceous. It belongs to Universal and Dreamworks. or the characters or the plot. I only own my OC and Y/N. I won't spoil. Cover ar...
12.1K 257 15
You are 15 years old Darius sister and after he won a video game he has to pass a summer in Jurassic worlds new program named Camp Cretaceous . You a...
4.9K 51 48
Alexis was always gifted ever since her birth. For Alexis her life has never been easy. Always running from different places due to her not being acc...
2.6K 77 12
Ari Rengler is a trainer at Jurassic World. She conducts an acrobatics show with her select group of pterosaurs called dimorphodons. When a handsome...