S1 E5: Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

We are walking through the jungle. Everyone is panting. Ben steps on a stick, and screams. Which sends everyone else into panic mode. Yaz notes that we are lost. Sammy agrees, asking, "Darius, we sure we're still heading towards the park?"

Brooklyn once again demands her phone because it has GPS. Yaz has had enough of Brooklyn going on and on about her phone. Ben asks that they argue quieter. Kenji says, "My fellow campers, chill! What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next. Since I'm obviously leadership material... I'll do this. And my first decree as leader is for everyone to stop talking and just listen to Darius and Temperance."

"Huh?" Darius says.

"Don't drag me into your bull." I say.

"You got us out of camp alive. Plus, I can blame you if anybody gets eaten. Leadership." Kenji whispers.

Then he asks which way we are heading. Brooklyn reminds Kenji that we are all lost and don't know where we are. Darius says, "I know where we are. We're by the Carnotaurus paddock!"

Following Darius to a ripped-up fence. Ben panics about the fact that Toro is out here with us. Darius wonders how Ben knew about Toro, but Yaz tells him that Kenji told them the day after it happened. The Carnotaurus Paddock is North of the park. So we need to keep going south. What we didn't know was that the Indominus rex was following us.

We keep walking. In front of us is an upside-down Gyrosphere and a dead Ankylosaurus. Darius explains that Predators don't kill without eating. A sound from the long grass gets everyone alert and everyone hides. It's Bumpy. Ben and I rush over to her. Mom! Mommy! I missed you so much! Kenji wonders how we can tell that it is her. Ben goes into a tangent about being different. Kenji thinks that we should keep going. Brooklyn thinks we need a new plan. Darius realizes that Dr. Wu's Genetics lab is close by. So we decide to go to the lab. Everyone besides Ben wants to leave Bumby behind, but Ben drags her with us anyway. We find out and get into an argument about it. Ben finds an ACU van. Brooklyn finds a tablet that shows the tracking chip. We realize that the fences are down. Bumpy whines. Mom! Mommy! Danger! Uh Oh. Everyone loads up. Kenji drives us almost into the Indominus. We zoom off. Yaz yanks the wheel making the van go off the cliff., losing the Indominus. We make it to a road. Ben points out the genetics lab. We go in. The room is dark and there is a cake with eight candles. A man in a lab coat scares the living death out of us. After he notices we're not dinosaurs he gives us cake. He spurs, "The dinosaurs got out and no one bothered to tell me; they just ran. So, why not? Knock yourself out."

Brooklyn is angry that there is no dial tone on the lab's phone. Darius asks what we do. He laughs, "You're asking me? Asking me? Do you not get it? We're doomed. No one is coming to help."

Kenji asks about Dr. Wu. The man says, "Wu? Who do you think is to blame? Wu got greedy. And instead of dinosaurs, he built monsters."

He gestures to an incubation. He walks toward it, saying, "Masuri, Dearing, they're all clueless about what's really going on here. And after everything, I did for the other guys--"

I ignore everything to replace the bandage on my hand. Suddenly the man runs out. Everyone follows to stop him. Yaz is ahead. Bumby strips her so she doesn't make it. The van zooms off with everyone chasing it. Out of nowhere, the Indominus knocks it off the road. The man goes under the van to hide but gets eaten. We run between large crates and barrels, just to see a fence that isn't broken. We hide behind large rocks. Yaz and Ben get into an argument about Bumpy. The Indominus is getting closer. Where are you? How easy will it be to find seven kids? Bumpy whines Danger!. Darius signals to follow him. We sneak toward the van. The Indominus hears something and gets close to finding us. Ben, Kenji, and Bumpy are closer to it than we are. Darius signals them to get over here, but Kenji refuses. Darius gets an idea and throws a rock attracting its attention. Kenji, Ben, and Bumpy catch-up. We are so close to the van. Brooklyn trips and the tablet turns on. The Indominus finds us. Sammy goes to save Brooklyn. Darius saves them. We get to the van. Yaz declares that she was driving. Darius hops into the van after almost getting eaten. We zoom off losing The Indominus. We celebrate. The radio goes off. It's Roxie. Ordering us to stay at camp. Little too late for that. Darius is the one to tell Roxie and Dave that we are on the way. Roxie says, "Temperance? Do you have your Walkie Talkie?"

"Yes, I do. I will have to dig for it though." I say remove my bag. As I am digging through to find my radio. Ben asks, "What happened to your hand?"

He points to my right hand. The hand that is bandaged. Everyone gasps. Darius asks, "What happened?"

I sigh, "It was from the zip-line fall. My hand landed on a stick that broke off from last night's storm. When Kenji landed on me, the stick went deeper into my hand."

Everyone looks shocked. Kenji looks ashamed. Yaz asks, "Why didn't you tell anyone? We could have helped you carry your backpacks."

Kenji says, "Your parents made you care for yourself, didn't they? That's how you know how to cook, isn't it?"

I nod, "I've been caring for myself for as long as I can remember. I never had someone care for me. I was the only person that I could rely on."

Sammy says, "Not anymore you're not."

Darius nods, "You can rely on us."

"All of us," Yaz adds.

Brooklyn nods, "You helped us then, we'll help you now. So where is this radio you have?"

"Before all of this happened, I was organizing my big backpack. So it is in there somewhere." I say pointing at my hiking backpack. Darius and Ben begin to go through it. Brooklyn finds it buried deep inside. She alerts Ben to where it is. While Ben reaches for it Brooklyn high fives, Sammy. Sammy says, "We did it, camp family! And not a moment too-"

We hit a bump, and out of Sammy's pockets comes out Brooklyn's phone. Brooklyn is pissed. Yaz is distracted enough to lose control of the van and we crash.