The Seven Campers and The Isl...

By karagreene01

Temperance can hear Dinosaurs and can sense the Dinosaurs' feelings. Mr. Masrani asked Temperance to go to Ca... More

Bio:
Temperance
What Temperance is Wearing
accessories
The stuff in Temperance's backpack
the stuff in Temperance's backpack part 2
Medical Kit
MREs - Meals Ready to Eat
MRE menus (if you don't want to use link)
Basic Past
Pictures:Basic Past
S1 E1: Camp Cretaceous
S1 E1: Pictures
S1 E2: Secrets
S1 E2: Pictures
S1 E3: The Cattle Drive
S1 E3: Pictures
S1 E4: Things fall apart
S1 E4: Pictures
S1 E5: Happy Birthday, Eddie!
S1 E5: Pictures
A.N.
S1 E6: Welcome to Jurassic World
S1 E6: Pictures
S1 E7: Last Day of Camp
S1 E7: Pictures
S1 E8: End of the Line
S1 E8: Pictures
Finally Finished
Season 2 new OC part 1
Season 2 new OC part 2
Season 2 new OC part 3
Before season 2: Mini 1
Before season 2: Mini 1: Picture
S2 E1: Pictures
S2 E2: The Art of Chill
S2 E2: Pictures
Camp Cretaceous One-Shots
Vote - closed
S2 Mini 2
S2 Mini 2: Pictures
S. 2 Ep. 3 The Watering Hole Preview
Author's note
new stories on the way - vote ended
Votes end in 5 days!
Voting ends tonight at midnight
AI
Stories in the works

Season 2 Ep. 1: A Beacon of Hope

423 7 1
By karagreene01

X_dead_of_write_X : EEEE!!! Hear that loud scream? Yep that's me you don't know how loud I screamed when I saw this

Me: Well, I didn't hear it. But I currently read it.

I do read your comments. Some I will respond before the chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

Radio = talking

Temperance's P.O.V.

We are running from whatever was chasing the Parasaurolophus. Darius is at the lead, yelling, "Run! Run! Run!"

Sammy and Brooklyn are helping Yaz. Brooklyn asks, "Is the Parasaurolophus still there?"

Then a little behind them is Kenji, Rebel, and I. The Parasaurolophus is catching up to Kenji. He looks back. The T-Rex lauchs at the Parasaurolophus and misses. Kenji yells, "Aah! Not anymore!"

As the T-rex gains ground, Darius points to a fallen tree and says, "Over there! Cover!"

The T-Rex is focused on the Parasaurolophus!

Come here! I want to eat!

Yeah, well I don't want to be the main course!

Darius dives under the tree. Kenji helps Yaz over while Rebel helps me. Then everyone else climbs over to the other side of the tree.

I got you!

Darius looks over as the T-Rex drags the Parasaurolophus off to be eaten. He whispers, "They're gone."

Everyone sighs in relief. Kenji asks, "Why are there so many dinosaurs around?"

Rebel asks, "You really want an answer to that, or is that a rhetorical question?"

Brooklyn says, "It's either your boyish charm or all of the fences on the island are down."

Yaz says, "I don't care. Right now, I just want a sandwich. We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..."

At the mention of Ben, everyone went silent. Rebel and I look at each other. I say, "I brought MREs with me. They aren't bad but they aren't good."

Rebel adds, "I bring dehydrated fruit with me when I am asked to take photographs of the dinosaurs."

Everyone looks at us. Brooklyn opens her mouth but is interrupted by a roar. Everyone groans. Sammy says, "We just need to eat and rest. I can't keep running like this."

Darius looks up and says, "We don't have to."

We look up and see the top of the Innovation Center. Darius continues, "There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street and everything else. Come on!"

When we make it to Main Street it looks like a war went down. Kenji asks, "What happened here?"

Yaz says, "Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs."

I say, "Oh Jeez. I wonder how you got that idea."

Kenji says, "It's more than that."

Darius says, "Some kind of fight took place. From the height, it looks like maybe the T-Rex and... something bigger?"

Brooklyn says while looking into the lagoon, "The Indominus Rex."

We go over to look. Brooklyn continues, "I don't think we have to worry about it anymore, or what's left of it."

Darius says, "Ugh! Or the Mosasurus being hungry for a while."

Sammy says that we have to see something. It turns out to be a cut-out of Brooklyn. Everyone laughs at it. Kenji makes a joke about Brooklyn signing his phone charger. Darius reminds us that we are here to find some way to get in contact with the Mainland. Everyone splits to look. Sammy found "An Insider'sGuide to Jurassic World". Brooklyn found a camera. Sammy found in the book that Mr. Masrani installed an emergency distress beacon, an EDB. It is battery-operated and can send an SOS out in a 150-mile radius. The problem is that the book doesn't say where it is. We split to look for it. Brooklyn is filming and not helping.

Kenji found frozen pizzas. But until they thaw, Rebel and I pull out the food we carry. Everyone eats what they want. Then we put it away. Compies show up to try and steal the frozen pizza. Brooklyn says, "they're like the rats of the dino world- - they'll eat anything."

Yaz says, "yeah, but so will Kenji."

Kenji says, "I object to that."

While putting frozen pizza near his mouth. Brooklyn slaps it down, beginning a slap fight. I notice that Darius feels guilty for losing Ben.

That night, I pulled out a portable IV and put it in a bag that I carry for emergencies. I walk over to Darius. I ask, "How are you holding up?"

"I am alright."

"And now I know a worse liar than Kenji."

Yaz came over and sat down. Yaz tries to cheer him up. It is failing. I go back to bed. The next morning Darius reveals that the beacon is camouflaged. We began looking in earnest. Yaz and I are having problems walking. When Yaz bumped a tree it made a clanging noise. It wasn't a tree at all but a hidden storage unit. We search all of the trees but one is missing. On the ground, it looks like it was dragged away.

A roar was heard. We get to cover on top of a big fence and see the T. Rex was dragging a tree to a nest. A new behavior. Rebel pulled out his camera and took a silent picture. Darius thinks this is great. The others don't agree. Brooklyn found the beacon in the nest with the camera.

Kenji asks, "How are you supposed to get to the beacon now?"

Darius says, "Don't you mean we?"

"No, because I want to live, and living does not involve me walking into a T. Rex lair."

Everyone gets depressed. Darius turns and asks, "Temperance do you have more walkie-talkies?"

"Yes," I say. I give everyone a radio from my backpack. We make a plan, Sammy and Rebel are to watch the T. Rex. Darius and Kenji will go to turn on the beacon. And Brooklyn, Yaz, and I will stay and warn them when the T. Rex is on the way back.

The T. Rex left her lair. Yaz speaks into the radio telling Sammy and Rebel that she was heading their way.

____Rebel___

Sammy and I are in a tree watching the T. Rex. She passed us. Sammy called Yaz saying to go for it.

___ Temperance___

Darius nods. Kenji and Darius climb down and begin to sneak toward the lair. I watched as Kenji and Darius began to climb up to the beacon. Darius almost goes down. Kenji reaches for the next climbing spot only to realize that it was a bone. He says through the radio, "Next time, I'm straining my ankle and I'm staying behind."

Yaz says, "You wouldn't be able to handle it."

I say through mine, "Remind me again why I am not helping?"

Rebel says, "You were burnt and have deep cuts. Later, I want to see your injuries to make sure you don't need stitches."

After both almost falling all the way down, they get to the beacon. They try to get the beacon out but it won't budge.

___Rebel___

The T.Rex is wandering around. Sammy moves to another branch to get a better view only to not see her. The T. Rex is under us. We stay still.

___Temperance___

They seem to try to open it with a skull.

___Rebel___

The T. Rex is looking at Sammy. She grabs a branch and pulls it off. She proceeds to walk off. Sammy almost drops the walkie-talkie that Temperance gave her. The T. Rex is heading back to Main Street. Sammy calls the others to warn them.

___Temperance___

We look for the boys as they aren't answering. Kenji ran down the battery. We have to stall her. Brooklyn got an idea and ran off. Meanwhile, the guys are still playing tug of war with the beacon.

___Rebel___

We are running back.

___Temperance___

They got it open but the T. Rex arrived. Suddenly, Brooklyn's voice is heard. The T. Rex goes to see what is making the noise and charges at the sound. Darius turns on the beacon. Darius confirms that the signal was sent and we all book it out of there. All the while all the T. Rex got Brooklyn's cut out and the camera. We can hear her ROAR.

We made it back to the fallen tree and celebrated. It is decided that we need to find a place that the search squad can find us.

Meanwhile, in the Rex lair, the beacon says, "Signal Received."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 709 37
A troubled delinquent, (Y/N), and her fraternal twin Matt, are sent to Camp Cretaceous, a state-of-the-art adventure camp. A place she's not too enth...
4.6K 51 48
Alexis was always gifted ever since her birth. For Alexis her life has never been easy. Always running from different places due to her not being acc...
728 16 11
What's this? Jurassic World- your favorite place on earth - has a new attraction?! Camp Cretaceous!!! You tell your self that you have to go, not kno...
2.6K 77 12
Ari Rengler is a trainer at Jurassic World. She conducts an acrobatics show with her select group of pterosaurs called dimorphodons. When a handsome...