Gunnar -- Mafia Love Story

By NinaArthur_009

Gunnar aka Humza Ghazali, the name itself sends chills down the spine of every single one living in Mumbai. A... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 3

16.3K 658 41
By NinaArthur_009

Rhythm.

It was dark outside. I'm sitting in the car along with my brother, Osman, travelling to the seashore to find where these men are right now. Something happened, something serious and my brother being completely loyal to my dad kept refusing to tell me. I don't know why my dad requested him not to tell me anything but me being me, I will find out who they are and why they attack my dad.

I glanced at my brother, who was driving the car, "Osman... I'm asking you again... Tell me," I stared at him, he sighed and glanced at me from the corner of his eyes.

"I told you, I promised dad and I'm not going to break it," he stated, keeping his eyes on the road and ignoring me again.

"Fine, I will ask those men then," I replied while folding my hands and looking away from him.

"No, you will not!" he spoke in a hard tone, "I agreed to go with you because I know you would go alone if I disagree... Do you want to beat them up? You can, but don't start your interrogation... don't get yourself involved in these matters, Rhythm," Osman warned.

I stared at him in confusion and curiosity, "Those men tried to kill dad, Osman! Do you seriously expect me to stay out of this?"

"Yes, these men are dangerous... let dad deal with them," He said,

"But Osman..." he cut me off,

"No buts Rhythm, I will take you back if you keep being stubborn," He said,

"Fine, I won't ask anything,"

"Good,"

***

The sound of waves and cool breeze, a night at the beach is something exciting, but the situation I was in and the reason why I'm here wasn't exciting. Osman was driving the car into the forest opposite the beach. It was completely dark. Our men had already found the place where these men were hiding and were in positions to attack.

Osman turned off the headlights as he slowed down the car, there was deadly silence around us. He stopped the car behind a tall tree, in darkness. My heart was pounding against my chest, as I slowly got out of the car. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and made my way towards the Osman.

"Lay low," Osman said in a low voice, I nodded my head and stayed behind him.

Osman and I, from childhood, had done everything together. Dad had taught me how to defend myself and Osman taught me how to beat the shit out of a person if necessary. In high school, if someone tried to bully me, Bhai (brother) used to encourage me to defend myself.

No one ever tried to mess with me, fearing Bhai, he always stood behind me, protecting me. I'm lucky to have someone like him, who always protected me and encouraged me to do what I wanted.

Osman signalled our men who had surrounded the warehouse, lying deep inside the forest. Men were carrying loads inside and looked quite busy. I don't know what's happening in here, who are these people and what are they doing but one thing I know was these men tried to kill my dad.

These men clearly look evil, whatever they are doing must be illegal otherwise no one would work in the middle of a forest, Hiding from authority. My dad must have come into their way and tried to stop, I know my dad, he's an honest and strict man with good morals. He would never allow any illegal business to happen in his town.

"What are those?" I whispered, staring at the loads they were carrying,

"Drugs," Osman replied,

"What!" I gasped and widened my eyes,

I pretty much figured out what had happened, but I wanted to know who the boss is, who's behind this.

"Yeah, I know you must have figured out everything by now," Osman said while glancing at me,

"Yep..." I replied, watching those working men.

At my brother's signal, our men moved forward and pointed guns at them. They were caught off guard and had no option other than surrender to us. I grabbed the baseball bat, pulled my mask up, covering my face and strolled towards them.

I had this built up anger that I needed to release.

As Osman saw me strolling towards those surrendered men, he asked our men to stand behind me for protection. I gripped the baseball bat harder as Amaan's betrayal rushed to my mind. I raised the bat in the air and hit the guy in front of me.

Bhai ( Bro ) told me that this man, who I just hit was responsible for my dad's condition which just enraged my anger.

"How dare you!" I shouted, hitting him, He screamed in pain but didn't fight back. My mind was blocked with rage, I don't know what would have happened if something happened to my dad. This man went ahead and tried to kill a nobleman, who had a family and people loving him.

I almost lost my dad and the thought itself infuriated me to no end. That man had done tons of good things to people around him, he helped many, stood behind many, and this guy tried to kill him for stopping this illegal work.

I don't know what was happening around me as all I saw was red rage.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a few unknown men rushing out of the cars and firing at our men. Everything was chaos in seconds, gun firing, screams and blood everywhere. I was guarded by our men while I continued to hit the guy and other men. I swung the baseball bat hard, I must be looking stupid hitting a guy with a baseball bat, yelling at him, in the middle of a gunfight but I didn't care.

I was furious.

All of a sudden, someone from behind held my arm in a tight grip and swung me around roughly. I gasped at the harsh grip on my arm, the way I was swung around had the rubber band around my hair go off, letting my hair out completely.

My eyes landed on the person holding my arm, but because of the light behind him, I couldn't see his face. All I could see was his physique, he was tall and fit, his body looked like he works out regularly. He's well dressed in a suit, white button-down shirt without a tie. Black polished shoes firmly pressed black slacks.

His harsh grip was hurting me, I hissed and tried to pull my arm from his grip, "Let go!" I yelped. He kept holding my arm tightly, no matter how many times I yelled at him to let go he wouldn't. I was so frustrated and hurt with everything happening with me in these past few hours that I couldn't control my tears.

I'm struggling, in and out.

I feel like something inside me was breaking, despite how hard I'm trying to be strong I couldn't stop myself from breaking down. Tears kept streaming down my eyes as I began hitting this unknown man's chest, yelling for him to let go.

"Let go!" I don't know whether I'm telling him or myself.

Feeling exhausted, I stopped hitting him and lowered my head. The next thing I know, I did something embarrassing.

I sobbed.

I sobbed in front of a stranger.

He held my arm still while I sobbed in front of him. Amaan broke my heart, I loved him so much that it's hurting me badly. His betrayal was clenching my heart inside, the pain was unbearable. I thought I was strong, but I can't.

It was shattering my heart into a million pieces as I broke, all this while I had been trying to hold onto him but he stabbed me in the back. I gave him my heart for free, but he shouldn't have made it worthless.

"Rhythm!" I hear my brother's call which pulled me out of the trance I was in. I turned my head back in the direction of his voice. My eyes caught the sight of him running towards me,

"Osman,"

I glanced back and I saw no one, I was standing there, alone. My hands at my sides and the baseball bat on the ground. I was confused, with the tears strained face I looked around.

"Rhythm, we should go," Bhai wrapped his arm around me and led me towards his car. I turned back and glanced at the spot where I sobbed in front of that unknown man.

Who was he?

Author's Note;-

Hey guys, Who do you think is that stranger?

please encourage me by liking the book and leaving your comments below.

Do follow me for more updates. 

Instagram:- S.n_nina_arthur

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.

Love you all,

Take care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.7K 20
SITARA SINHA : A 17 year old girl with a golden heart , as fragile as rose, as innocent as angel , She is everything a man could demand a face with n...
75.7K 5.1K 25
DARK SERIES #1 "You don't have any idea what boundaries I can cross for you. I'm not the almighty but capable enough to steal your fate and entwine w...
602K 27.6K 58
An age gap, arranged marriage mafia romance. Mishal is an innocent eighteen-year-old girl. She is the daughter of an underworld, Don Jahangir Shah...
405K 11.5K 88
Amelia McCarthy; a 21 year old young girl, coming from a good family. She is a lively college student, majoring in business. Ajax Santiago; a 26 yea...