affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

41. cleaning up the mess

1.4K 64 5
By SKULLJIN

041

Devora's words set him in an equilibrium state, something that he hadn't genuinely felt in quite some time.

He was her right person.

What does that mean for him? Or their relationship? They were still just friends, weren't they?

Enigmatic questions wafted in his mind, floating, leaving irrational questions in its path the more he thought about it.

His mind was hazy. Veiling clouds were crowded abreast his brain with insurmountable perceptions, requiring him to undergo various emotions.

However, there was still one thing that stood as clear as day to Jungkook.

He felt the same.

He had always felt this way about her.

Both Devora and Jungkook took it upon themselves to clean their mess in the bathroom.

Mopping up the water on the floor, and rinsing the tub away from the coating blue that was starting to embed on the porcelain.

Though Jungkook offered to clean the mess up after she left, Devora insisted that she wanted to be of help.

She took part in making the mess just as much as he did.

After all, she was the one that started their small mirth of dispute.

Devora hummed in relief, analyzing the bathroom in its clean and finished state.

She folded the white rag in her hand that was used to clean the water off the counters, a satisfied expression resting on her countenance.

"Finally finished cleaning up your mess." Jungkook's taunting voice uncovered from behind her body.

She turned over, forehead slightly creased. "My mess?" Her jaw dropped, a grin creeping on. "No, you were the one who started running around with water dripping from your hair. That makes it your mess." 

"You literally splashed water on my face, what did you expect me to do?" He took the partially dry towel off his shoulders, dumping it in the hamper that was beside the door.

Her bitter frown soon turned to an insidious grin, watching him bend over while he collected the dirty towels from the basket.

She unfolded the rag in her hand, wringing the white cloth before she smacked it over his butt.

"A thank you would be nice." Devora was entertained listening to him wince through grit teeth, placing his hand over his right cheek in pain.

She watched him grab a rag that was inside the hamper, turquoise specs that were on the white cloth from his hair dye.

"You want me to thank you?" He asked, sucking in his lips deviously.

Devora backed away, watching him slowly walk to her.

He was toying with the rag with both his hands, as he tried his best to keep his mischievous grin hidden.

But, in his walk, it was obvious how riled up he was, and how bad he wanted payback for the most insignificant thing.

She put her hands up in front of her body, dropping the rag to show that she was defenseless.

Throwing in the towel.

Literally.

"W-wait wait! I was just kidding Jungkook!" Devora backed out of the bathroom, stepping into the hallway that was behind her.

His lip pulled into a smirk, finding merriment in her rueful statement.

Biting his lower lip smugly as he roped the rag into a twine with his fingers. Approaching her with slow steps, similar to a lion creeping up on its dinner of a live lamb.

"You forget that I'm still a couple of years older than you." Jungkook raised his eyebrows, squeezing the cloth.

"No! Who said that?! I was just kidding." She gave a fake laugh, pupils shaking in panic.

"If you come closer I will scream I swear it." Devora threatened, noticing that he was still taking deliberate steps towards her cowering body.

Devora couldn't stand there anticipating his onslaught, instead, she rushed down the hallway, passing multiple closed doors to try and get away from him.

There was only one door that remained open, which was at the end of the hall that looked like a bedroom.

Devora wouldn't doubt that it was his room, but there would be nowhere else to go.

She leaped onto his bed with a small mewl, her foot hitting the bottom frame of his bed in the process of jumping onto it.

Not a second passed when she felt another body hover over her own.

Jungkook had no rag in sight.

However, he did have one weapon that remained deadly.

It was his hands and the powerful strength in his arms and legs.

He lifted her off his bed, throwing her frail body over his shoulder with ease.

Her legs kicked in protest, hoping it would throw him off. "Jungkook! I'm sorry I promise I'll never do it again just put me down!"

She tried to compromise with the man, watching the floor speed past them as he escorted them into the living room.

She gasped, feeling him drop her body onto the couch.

Leaving no time for her to get up, he was there in seconds with his hands enclosed over her body.

His fingertips worked against the side of her stomach and abdomen, which he knew would get her squirming underneath him.

Her hands slapped over his, laughing like a child on a swing set for the first time.

Devora's legs jolted beside his body, trying to pry him off her. "Jungkook please this is worse than what I did to you!"

Her eyes were shut, breathing heavily from her nostrils in hopes he would end his method of torture.

"Say you're sorry first, Devora." He giggled along with her, concluding his tickling session.

He grabbed onto her swatting hands, holding them on opposite sides of her body.

"Okay okay! " She breathed out in release, no will left in her to try and push him off. "I-I'm sorry." Her voice shook with weariness, chest flattened as she relaxed against the cushions.

As promised, he let go of her.

She shoved his left shoulder. "You! You're- Ugh, all I did was smack your ass, you didn't have to do all that!" Devora dusted herself off, cheeks heated from all the sudden movement and upside-down position she was in.

He laughed at her starchy behavior. "Dev," Jungkook called for her attention.

"What?"

He pointed at his chest, making her look down at her own in confusion.

Her henley shirt was moved away from the center of her body, the buttons were shifted to the left side revealing part of her bra.

This had her cheeks coated in red, instantly fixing her shirt like it would take back the kind of humiliation that she was faced with.

"I'm sorry, god that's so damn embarrassing." Devora mumbled, pulling down on her sleeves.

"It's okay. He composed with a chuckle, "I like the polka dots, it's cute." Jungkook signified the design that was on the cup of her bra.

It was hot pink with small polka dots colored in white, and a small ribbon in the center to finish off the cutesy look.

She knew she should've worn a common color. It would have saved her a lot more embarrassment if it was just a plain black one or a beige one.

"T-thanks, I mean it's a little old. Well I got it a while back, you know I was like eighteen and I thought it was cute." Devora began to babble out of shame, unable to keep her responses short whenever she grew bashful.

"I should apologize, I never meant for you to show parts of yourself that you're not comfortable showing." He apologized, combing through his now dry hair.

Her shoulders declined, grateful that he was courteous and apologetic. Even if she did deserve to be carried around the house after all the ruckus she caused in the bathroom, he still stated his regret.

"No, I just don't want to make you uncomfortable." Her lips pinched. "I mean I kinda flashed you, just now."

Jungkook shook his head, laughter trickling in his speech. "Man, I'm gonna be so disappointed when today ends." His fingers laced, chewing his lower lips like he was in pensive thought.

"What? Why would you be disappointed?" Devora sat closer to him, legs slightly knocking against his.

"Because... then you'd be gone." He mourned over what hadn't occurred yet. "And I just like being with you. But, work becomes a load, and I don't have all the time in the world like I used to."

If there was anybody who could understand what he was going through, it would be Devora.

Hell, she stresses over work all the time.

Running around for Hoseok constantly, making sure things were in order and that he was aware of any important information.

"Work does become stressful, and time-consuming." She agreed with him, placing her hand over his. "But, even though we have work, I don't always have to be gone."

He grabbed hold of her hand, pulling her close. "I like the sound of that idea. Keep talking." Jungkook coaxed, interlocking his fingers with hers.

"The closer we are in person— I think that we can make time for each other." Devora gave in to his requests, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Like us being together... all the time? Every moment can be our moment." The smile on his soft lips matched the twinkle in his eyes.

Devora nodded, turning his chin with her pointer finger so that they made eye contact. "Yeah. Since we want some time for ourselves, when we see each other at work, let's stop and fit in a tiny conversation."

"And before bed, we can always fit in the opportunity to talk to each other and ask about how our days went." His chest went fuzzy just thinking about it, in awe with the concept of getting small-talk together.

"Of course, that's the best part of my night." Devora lifted herself, planting a small kiss on his soft cheek. "Anything that involves you is the best part."

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.2K 69
Kim Y/N is a normal girl living her life on her own along with her beloved friends and family. Suddenly,a guy named Jeon Jungkook showed up in her li...
953 72 11
Namjoon breaks away from their kiss, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's, and tries to slow down his breathing. "Bun, I don't know what I'm doing...
3.2M 163K 74
𝘉𝘜𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘛 𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘚 #1 UNEDITED HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in angst & #2 in fanfiction "how old are you?" he asked. "eighteen." "hmm," he played with...
1.9K 92 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...