Sweet | h.s.

By caselovesoned

Everything about her was sweet; her scent, her personality, but most of all; her love. [h.s fanfiction] ©case... More

about
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five

sixteen

1.2K 31 3
By caselovesoned

Beverly

"Mel, he kissed me." I say, running a comb through my hair. 

"Shut up!" She squeals over the phone. "Oh my god, tell me everything."

"It was unreal." I say, standing at my closet. I contemplate what I should wear tonight. "It was literally... ugh, Mel. I haven't felt this way in so long."

"Beverly. You need to date this man." 

"Mel oh my god. His lips were so soft... and he just - he tasted like spearmint and wine and oh my god." Butterflies flutter in my stomach as I think back on it. "And then we went on a hike, and we talked for so long about so many good things, and he freaking picked a flower off the ground and gave it to me." 

"Bev, seriously. Okay, besides the fact that he's Harry freaking Styles, he sounds perfect for you. Please. I am begging you, give this man a chance." 

"Melody I know, I just don't want to rush into anything."  I sigh, tucking my phone between my shoulder and cheek as I hold up a top. "I just want to be friends for a bit." 

"Yeah, friends with benefits." She says and I can't help but laugh. 

"We're going to dinner tonight with his friends. I'm trying to choose my outfit." I say, holding up another shirt up to my body as I look in the mirror.

"Wear something hot, have fun, and get some tonight. I gotta go, Riley is calling me! I love you, bye." She says and the line clicks. I sigh, putting my phone down on my dresser as I try to pick my outfit. I wreck my closet and drawers trying to find something, and settle on a green silk tank with black pants with fun gold buttons. 

My phone buzzes with a notification.

Hi, see you very soon. H.

I smile. I loved that he texted me so often even if it was just something as simple as that. It was 6. I did my make up in 20 minutes and spritzed myself with perfume, before quickly fixing my hair and slipping on my black boots. I double checked to make sure I had everything I needed in my purse, and I hear a knock on the door. 

When I open the door, his green eyes catch mine like always, his dimpled smile showing immediately and his hands behind his back.

"You look amazin'," He says, stepping inside. 

"Thank you, so do you." I say. He's dressed in white slacks and a black shirt. 

"These are for you." He says, pulling his hands from behind his back and revealing a small bouquet of flowers.

"Harry!" I gasp. 

"Figured I'd get you some proper flowers." He smiles as I take them.

"You did not have to do this. Also, I loved that flower." I say, putting my nose to the bouquet. "Thank you." I say, setting them on the counter and going in for a hug. His long arms slither around my waist, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. He smelled of rich cologne and gum, as always. The hairs at the nape of his neck tickle my bare arms and I pull away. 

"You're welcome." He responds. "You ready to go?" 

"Yeah, I am. Let me just put these in a vase, and we can head out." I say, as I grab a glass vase from under the sink.

"So some of my band mates will be there, like Mitch and Sarah. There are a few other people that you'll meet, but you'll love them." 

"Great, that sounds perfect." I smile, placing the flowers into the water.

We head down the stairs and to the car, and the drive to the restaurant is quick. The place is dimly lit, and very busy. The noise of people talking along with soft music fills the room. 

"Hi, I have a reservation for Roger." Harry says to the host. A smile creeps onto my face. Roger? Is that a fake name? 

The host leads us to a long table, where a few people are sat already. 

"Harry," A man stands and hugs him. 

"Jeff great to see you." Harry responds. "This is my friend Beverly Gold." He steps aside and I smile. "Bev, this is my manager."

"Hi, nice to meet you." We do our introductions around the table, and I recognize Mitch and am introduced to his girlfriend Sarah, the drummer of Harry's band. 

"Come," Harry whispers, lightly touching my arm, and we walk to the other side of the table and he pulls out a chair out for me. I sit down, and he sits directly to my left, with Sarah to my right.

"Thank you." I smile at him. 

"It's great to meet you," Sarah says to me and I turn. 

"You too, I've heard great things about you." I say truthfully. Harry has always talked positively with his experience with the band. 

"How did you and Harry meet?" She asks after a bit of small talk.

"At a fashion show," I laugh. "I work for an agency that plans them, and Harry forgot his hat." I say.

"Typical," She rolls her eyes, smiling and shaking her head. 

"We bumped into each other and then again, and then I guess we just started hanging out." 

"That's wonderful." She smiles. "And you two are... friends?" 

"Yeah," I feel my cheeks get red. "I... yeah." I laugh awkwardly.

"It's okay." She whispers. "I can tell by the way he looks at you and acts around you that he likes you." 

I can't help but smile. The thought of other people affirming what Harry has already told me made me feel much better. 

"Are you two talking about me?" Harry interrupts, and we laugh.

"Keep to yourself." Sarah scolds jokingly. 

"You doin' alright?" He whispers to me after Sarah has turned to the rest of the table.

"I'm good." I nod. 

"Comfortable?" His green eyes look into mine. It's intimidating sometimes, his confident eye contact. 

"Of course. Thank you for asking." I say as the waiter approaches the table. Someone orders a few appetizers and a few bottles of wine for us all to share. 

"If you need anything, let me know, yeah?" I nod and we turn back to the table and continue conversation. A few glasses of wine later, we're all laughing at a story Jeff is telling involving him and some mishap he had at a concert. I feel warm inside from the wine and the welcoming atmosphere.

I truly liked Harry's friends. They were entertaining, and kind, and I can see why Harry is friends with them. I had a special liking towards Sarah, who was soft spoken and humble. After a few more minutes, we receive our main meals and eat, although I was already full from appetizers and alcohol. 

I could already feel the slight effects of the drinks, and felt looser. Everyone continued conversing even after the meal. It was already 10 PM by the time everyone began to leave. 

"Are you okay to drive?" I ask Harry.

"I'm going to call a driver," He says pulling his phone out as we head towards the door. We walk out the doors and I'm immediately blinded by a bright, white flash. 

"Harry! Harry, over here!" I hear people yell. It takes me a few seconds to realize that it's paparazzi that's calling his name and snapping pictures. 

"Come with me," He says, putting a hand on my lower back and leading me forward. We walk down the sidewalk as people continue to call his name and follow us.

"Harry, who's your friend? What happened to Nadine?" I keep my head down as he guides me along, my eyes planted on my shoes. Everything felt heightened, probably due to the wine. 

We both cross the street to a black truck and he opens the back door for me. I climb in, his hand supporting my lower back and he climbs in after. The tinted windows block out a bit of the flash, allowing me to relax.

"I'm sorry about that." He apologizes.

"Don't be," I shake my head. "That is not your fault." 

"I should've warned you that that might happen." 

"No, it's okay, Harry. I was just a bit surprised at first, but it's not a problem." I assure him, and he nods. 

"Did you enjoy dinner?" 

"Yes, it was great. Your friends are great, I can see why you like them."

"Good. I know they liked you as well." He nods. 

"Thank you for checking in on me so often," I say, leaning back. The alcohol definitely got to me. I was feeling a bit dizzy. "I really appreciate that." 

"Of course. Want to make sure you're comfortable." He leans back as well. I get a whiff of his scent and close my eyes for a few seconds. 

"I think I'm a bit drunk." I admit, giggling slightly. He smiles, his dimples indenting his cheeks.

"Me too." He admits and we both laugh. I look down at his hands, a glint from his rings catching my eye. His hands were large, and his rings were chunky and big. A gold H and S lay on his ring and pinky fingers, and a few silver ones on the others. A tattooed cross sits by his thumb and I want to run my fingers over it.

We arrive to my apartment shortly after, and I look at him.

"Thank you for a great night." I say. 

"Thank you for comin'," We both stare at each other for a bit, both thinking the same thing. It's just up to me. 

"Do you want to come up?" I ask, knowing it's probably not the best idea. 

"Is that okay?" He asks, eyes glimmering with hope.

"I wouldn't ask if it wasn't." I smile, loving how respectful he is at all times. He unbuckles his seatbelt without another word, and climbs out the car to open the door on my side. We both make it up the stairs giggling and stumbling ever so slightly to my door. I fumble for my keys in my purse when all of a sudden, his hands lightly grasp my face and his lips are on mine.

My eyes flutter closed and I can't help but give in and kiss back as he slowly backs up so my back is against my front door. My hands sit at his waist, as he moves his hands down to my own. He gently pulls my hips towards him as we continue to kiss and I can practically feel the metal from his rings through my thin top. 

"We should get inside," I say between breaths. 

"Yeah..." He mumbles and I dig around to find my keys while still locking lips. 

"Okay," I say pulling away. "Keys." I feed the key through the lock and we both step inside the apartment. I close the door and lock it behind me and turn around. He looks at me, his eyes wide and eager. 

"I'm sorry," He apologizes.

"Stop saying that." I tell him. 

"But we're friends." He says, and I bring my hands to my face, ashamed. 

"I know, ugh. I'm sorry." I apologize now, shaking my head in embarrassment. He takes a step towards me, closing the wide gap between us.

"Don't be." I look up at him and again, his green eyes take my breath away. My eyes trail to his lips, pink and slightly swollen from the kiss. "I want to kiss you again..." He mumbles, bringing his hands to my cheek. His thumb runs over my lips and my eyes flutter shut. 

"We shouldn't," I whisper, even though I wanted to so badly. 

"I know." He agrees, his metal rings cool on my skin. We both want it. But we can't. We're friends. 

He leans in close anyways, and softly kisses my lips again. He pulls away after that single kiss, and lightly brushes my hair back as he examines my face.

"I like you, Bev." He tells me and I practically melt on the spot. 

"Harry..." I sigh. 

"I know you need time, and I'll give it to you. But I know what I want with you. You just let me know when you're ready, yeah?" 

I nod, wanting to just fall in his arms more than anything. 

Honestly, I was scared. I was afraid of dating someone as famous as he was. I know how much fans disliked the women he was with. I was afraid of the rumors and the spotlight. I was scared of my life changing. But I was most afraid of falling in love with him. I knew I could. Who wouldn't love Harry Styles?

Actually, me at first, but... that's beside the point. 

I saw so much more to him now, and I knew I could easily love him. But I was afraid of what would happen if I did. Could he even love me back? What if I got hurt? I don't think I would recover from that. 

"Get some rest." He tells me. "I'll call you tomorrow." I nod, as his hand falls from my face.

"Harry?" I call before he opens the door. He turns to look at me. "I do like you." I admit and he smiles cheekily. "I will let you know. When I'm ready." 

"Can't wait." He grins, and opens the door and leaves.

Fuck, I'm falling for him.

· · ·

This was another fun one to write! Ahhhh i love their relationship so much omfg I'm melting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 11K 43
a story of a man who becomes hopelessly in love with a woman that thinks his intentions are nothing but that. [A Dramatic Romance Alternate Universe...
80.7K 1K 73
Harry Styles one shots/Imagines
1.4K 4 18
Annie Love is your average teenager. Annie and her friends move to London after highschool to puruse their dreams. Origianally from Oklahoma, the cha...
2.3K 42 9
Hiii... this is a fanfiction of One Direction ..... I'm a Directioner myself and I looove 1D I know that not everyone likes them but I think that the...