seventeen

Harry

"Alright, let's run it again." 

"Hey! Da da da da... Golden... Golden, as I open my eyes." I sing as Mitch comes in with the guitar and Sarah on the drums.

There was nothing else on my mind except her. I was singing with so much passion, something that hasn't happened in a while. We've been in the studio for almost four hours now, perfecting the piece. It took a while figuring out exactly what instruments we wanted and what it should sound like, and now we were just rehearsing again and figuring out what to tweak.

I hadn't had a chance to call her today and I worried she might've thought I was ignoring her, but truth is, she was all I could think about. I wanted to get out of the studio so I could talk to her. Everything about our kiss last night was perfect, besides the fact that we had to stop. Even as I sang, my mind wandered elsewhere. 

"You're so golden," I sing.

"Okay, let's pause." Jeff interrupts. The band fades out. "I want to fix some of the instrumentals and tweak a few lyrics." 

"Can we do this tomorrow?" I ask.

He checks his wrist watch and sighs. 

"Fine, it's been a while anyways. But we need to start picking up the writing process." He says, as everyone begins putting away their equipment. 

"Yeah, fine. Thanks everyone," I say, putting my hands together. "Great work." I immediately pull out my phone and check it. No texts; at least from the most important person I want to hear from. 

"Good job today, Harry." Sarah comes up to me, lightly touching my shoulder. 

"Thanks, you too." I smile. 

"Interesting title," She nods slowly. "Wouldn't relate to anyone with a similar last name would it?" 

"Nothing can get past you, can it?" I smirk.

"I like her. She was very sweet." Sarah says smiling genuinely.

"I do too." She pats me on the back, and walks away with a wink. I grab my belongings, wave good bye once more, and leave the studio, immediately pulling my phone out. My fingers dial her number faster than I can even process it and the line begins to ring. 

"Hello?" Her voice says over the phone. 

"Hi love." I climb into my car. 

"Hi Harry." She responds and I can see her smile in my mind. 

"How are you today?" 

"Good, got some work done, now I'm just relaxing. How about you? What are you up to?"

"It was a busy day. Just got finished at the studio." 

"Oh really? Did you write a new song?" 

"Actually yes," I smile. "We're still polishing it up, but it's just about finished." 

"That's exciting, Harry! Any spoilers for me?"

"Not just yet, maybe when it's done." I say with a wide smile on my face. 

"Fine," She sighs.

"I think you'll like this one, though." I tease.

"Well then you should let me hear it early." She tests and I chuckle. 

"What are you doing now?" I ask. 

"Nothing, just about to turn on a show or something."

"Can I see you?" I ask, finding myself driving towards her place already.