the hourglass (doctor who fan...

By eastendboys

"You take that thing with you everywhere, whats up with that?" I glance down at my necklace. It had a miniat... More

The nice lady
The home
Leaving/Planet of the Ood
Planet of the Ood pt 2
Planet of the Ood pt 3
Planet of the Ood pt. 4
The Sontaran Strategem
The Sontaran Strategem pt. 2
The Sontaran Strategem pt. 3
The Poison Sky
The Poison Sky pt. 2
The Doctor's Daughter
The Doctor's Daughter pt. 2
The Doctor's Daughter pt. 3
The Doctor's Daughter pt. 4
Silence in the Library
Silence in the library pt. 2
Silence in the Library pt. 3
Silence in the Library pt. 4
Forest of the Dead
Forest of the Dead pt. 2
Forest of the dead pt. 3
The Eleventh Hour
The Eleventh Hour pt. 2
The Eleventh Hour pt. 3
The Eleventh Hour pt. 4
The Eleventh Hour pt. 5
The Beast Below
The Beast Below pt. 2
The Beast Below pt. 3
Not alone anymore
Victory of the Daleks
Victory of the Daleks pt. 2
Victory of the Daleks pt. 3
Time of the Angels
Time of the Angels pt. 2
Time of the Angels pt. 3
Time of the Angels pt. 4
Flesh and Stone
Flesh and Stone pt. 2
Flesh and Stone pt. 3
Flesh and Stone pt. 4
Vampires in Venice
Vampires in Venice pt. 2
Vampires in Venice pt. 3
Amy's Choice
Amy's Choice pt. 2
Amy's Choice pt. 3
Amy's Choice pt. 4
Vincent and the Doctor
Vincent and the Doctor pt. 2/confession
Vincent and the Doctor pt. 3
Vincent and the Doctor pt. 4
The Lodger
The Lodger pt. 3
A/N
The Pandorica Opens
A/N
The Pandorica Opens pt. 2
The Big Bang
The Christmas Invasion
The Christmas Invasion pt. 2
a/n
The Christmas Invasion pt. 3
The Big Bang pt. 2(Finale)
A/N
Happy One Year!

The Lodger pt. 2

265 6 5
By eastendboys

"What did you say?" the Doctor asked, still in the shower. "I'm just going to go upstairs. See if he's okay." Craig told me. "Sorry?" the Doctor questioned. Craig left. "What did you say?"

"Doctor, I'm going to go too." I quickly followed after Craig, "Yes? Hello?" the man from upstairs called. "It's me from downstairs. I heard a big bang." Craig said. "Thank you, Craig, but I don't need your help." the man replied. I heard the sound of wet footsteps run to us. When I turned to look beside me, I saw the Doctor- soaking wet- holding a towel around his waist pointing an electric toothbrush to the upstairs door. "What happened, what's going on?" he asked.

"Is that my toothbrush?" Craig questioned. "Correct. You spoke to the man upstairs?" the Doctor replied. "Yeah."

"What did he look like?" the Doctor quizzed. "More normal than you do at the moment, mate. What are you doing?"

"I thought you two might be in trouble." he looked down to me. I scoffed. "Thanks. Well, if I ever am, you can come and save me with my toothbrush." Craig walked back to the flat. The Doctor made his way up the stairs. "Oh- Doctor-" I quickly pulled him back down. "Oh! Hello." a woman said behind us. We turned, "Ah! Hello. The Doctor." the Doctor introduced. "I'm Juno." I smiled, shaking her hand. "Right."

"You must be Sophie." he greeted her with air kisses. "Oh. Oh-"

"No, Dom's in Malta. There's nobody around." Craig turned to us as we walked in, "Hang on a sec. We've got a match today, pub league. We're one down if you fancy it?" Craig asked. "Pub league. A drinking competition?" the Doctor quizzed. "No, football. Play football." Craig corrected. "Football. Football. Yes, blokes play football. I'm good at football, I think." the Doctor looked to me. "You've saved my life. I've got somebody. Yeah, all right, I'll see you down there. Hey, Soph."

"Hey, I thought I'd come early and meet your new flat mate." Sophi waved. "Do you play, Sophie?" I asked. "No, Soph just stands on the sidelines. She's my mascot." Craig answered. "I'm your mascot? Mascot?" Sophie questioned. "Well, yeah, not my mascot. It's a football match. I can't take a date."

"I didn't say I was your date."

"Neither did I."

I coughed, "The Doctor should get dressed." I said. "The spare kit's just in the bottom drawer."

"Bit of a mess." the Doctor mumbled. He started for the door. "I'm coming too." I quickly followed him and shut the door. "Oh. Hi." the Doctor looked at me. "Hah. Hi." I stuck my head out the door. "You unlocked the door. How did you do that? Those are your keys. You must have left them last time you came here." Craig questioned. "Yeah, but I- how do you know these are my keys?" Sophie quizzed. "I've been holding them." Craig replied. "I have got another set."

"You've got two sets of keys to someone else's house?" I asked. "Yeah?"

"Ah, ok. You must like it here too." I said before closing the door again. "Talk to Amy." the Doctor threw me the earpiece. "Amy. Hi. It's Juno." I talked into the earpiece. "Juno. Hi."

"So, we're going out. If we hang around the house all the time, the man upstairs might get suspicious and notice us." I explained. "Football. Okay, well done. That is normal." Amy said. "I know right? It's all outdoorsy." The Doctor had put on his jersey backwards. "Other way." I said. "Oh." he replied, turning his shirt around. "Hot." I smirked. "Hot? Am I hot?" the Doctor asked.

"Now, isn't football the one with the sticks?" I asked Amy.

<—————>

"What are you actually called? What's your proper name?" Craig asked. We were at the park. "Just call me the Doctor." the Doctor answered. "I can't go up to these guys and say hey, these are my new flat mates, this is Juno and he's called the Doctor."

"Why not?" we asked. "Because it's weird."

"All right, Craig. Soph. All right, mate." one of the teammates said. "Hello, we're Craig's new flat mates. I'm called the Doctor." the Doctor gave him air kisses. "Im Juno- and I don't do the air kiss thing." I shook his hand. "All right, Doctor, Juno. I'm Sean." He turned to the Doctor, "So, where are you strongest?" he asked. "Arms." the Doctor replied. "No, he means what position on the field." Craig said. "Not sure. The front? The side? Below."

"Are you any good though?" Sean asked. "Let's find out."

The game had begun. "Yeah, we're going to win." I heard a lady say. The Doctor dodged his way through the player while dribbling the ball. "Holy shit." I said. "That's not bad. Yes! Go!" Sophie cheered. My smile grew as he came closer to the Doctor. "Go on, Doctor! Go on, Doctor!" I cheered. He scored. "Doctor! Doctor! You're brilliant. You're amazing." Sophie exclaimed. The Doctor searched the crowd until his gaze met mine. "Come on, Craig. Show them what you've got." Sophie said. Craig was about to kick the ball, but the Doctor stole it from him and kicked it into the goal.

"Oh yes, I love this game." I heard the Doctor say. "Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor!" the crowd cheered.

<—————>

The game was done, and the team won. "You are so on the team. Next week we've got the Crown and Anchor. We're going to annihilate them." Sean said. "Annihilate? No. No violence, do you understand me?" he walked up to Sean, pointing his finger at him, "Not while I'm around. Not today, not ever. I'm the Doctor, the Oncoming Storm, and you basically meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?"

"Yeah."

"Lovely. What sort of time?"

<—————>

Craig opened a can of beer and got sprayed with the foam. The motion repeated over and over. "Doctor?" I looked around. "Come on." he grabbed my hand and we ran out. "Amy?"

"What does the scanner say?" he paused, "Yes, yes, it's, it's good. Zigzag plotter. Zigzag plotter, Amy." His face turned white, "Amy? Are you there? Amy?" He sighed in relief, "Oh, thank heavens. I thought for a moment the tardis had been flung off into the vortex with you inside it, lost forever."

"How are the numbers?" he asked. "Fives? Even better. Still, it means the effect's almost unbelievably powerful and dangerous, but don't worry. Hang on, okay? I've got some rewiring to do."

<—————>

"It takes up the whole room, Doctor!" I whisper yelled. "Shush! It's a masterpiece, I don't know what you talking about." he whisper yelled back. At that moment, Craig knocked on our door. The Doctor answered holding a traffic cone. "Hello, flat mate." the Doctor grinned. "Hey, man. Er, listen. Er, Sophie's coming round tonight and I was wondering if you two could give us some space?" Craig asked. "Oh, don't mind us. You won't even know we're here." the Doctor said before there was another bang upstairs "That's the idea." he shut the door. The Doctor ran over and put the traffic cone on the contraption taking up half of the room. "Yes, perfect! What a beauty." he exclaimed.

<—————>

The Doctor and me popped up behind the sofa. "Hello." we said. "What?" Craig questioned, turning to us. "Whoops. Sorry. Don't worry, I wasn't listening. In a world of my own down there." the Doctor reassured. "Don't mind me either. Just helping him." I smiled. "I thought you two were going out?"

"Just re-connecting all the electrics. It's a real mess. Where's the on switch for this?" he held up a normal screwdriver. "They really are just on their way out." Craig gave a nervous chuckle "No, I don't mind. I mean, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind. Why would I mind?"

"Then stay. Have a drink with us."

"What? Do we have to stay now?"

"Do you want to stay?"

The Doctor looked to me. "I don't mind." I shrugged. "Okay."

"Great."

A little later, the Doctor and me were still working on the wiring. The Doctor loomed the wires around his neck. "Because life can seem pointless, you know, Juno. Work, weekend, work, weekend. And there's six billion people on the planet doing pretty much the same." Sophie went on. "Six billion people. Watching you two at work, I'm starting to wonder where they all come from." I mumbled. "Huh? What do you mean by that?" Sophie questioned.

"So then, the call centre. That issue's no good. What do you really want to do, though?" I quickly changed the subject. "Don't laugh. I only ever told Craig about it. I want to work looking after animals. Maybe abroad? I saw this orangutan sanctuary on telly."

"What's stopping you?"

"She can't. You need loads of qualifications." Craig said. "Yeah, true. Plus it's scary. Everyone I know lives round here. Like, Craig got offered a job in London. Better money. He didn't take it."

"What's wrong with staying here? I can't see the point of London." Craig shrugged. "Well, perhaps that's you then, Craig. Perhaps you'll just have to stay here, secure and a little touch of misery, till the day you drop. Better than having to try and ending up failing anyways, eh?" I raised an eyebrow. "You think I'd fail?" Sophi questioned. "Everyone has dreams, Sophie. Very few are going to achieve them, so why pretend?" I shrugged.

The Doctor tried the wine one the table, but let it pour back into the glass from his mouth. "Perhaps, in the whole wide universe, a call centre about is where you should be." the Doctor added. "Why are you saying that? That's horrible." Sophie frowned. "Is it true?" I questioned. "Of course it's not true. I'm not staying in a call centre all my life. I can do anything I want." Me and the Doctor smiled. "Oh, yeah. Right. Oh, my God. Did you see what they just did?"

"No, sorry, what's happening? Are you going to live with monkeys now?" Craig asked. "It's a big old world, Sophie. Work out what's really keeping you here, eh?" the Doctor said.

"I don't know. I don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 381 25
Maxine Rodgers, daughter of a multi-million heir. She lives by herself in a small London flat, but one day while she was taking a walk she saw the bo...
46.5K 1.5K 54
"You hit him with a cricket bat?" I asked my best friend, Amelia Pond."And then you cuffed him to the heater in the hall?" She shrugged "He was break...
1.1K 28 24
10th Doctor x Fem OC Alex is a Gallifraxen, a planet located right next to the ever so famous planet Gallifrey, the place where Time Lords came from...
26.4K 893 45
I won. I won the family wizard competition all for nothing. Justins in the wizard world, he took over for Professor Crumbs. Max still runs the sub st...