Treat You Better

By Rhodes_the_writer

Warning: Violence, talk and acts of abuse, bullying, etc. Violet's life is perfect, she has good grades, a ha... More

Welcome, Reader!
Chapter Two: Hale Frances is a Jerk
Chapter Three: Dinner Disaster
Chapter Four: Fate
Chapter Five: The Infamous Michaelangelo.
Chapter Six: The Outfit.
Chapter Seven: The Party.
Chapter Eight: It's Only Starbucks
Chapter Nine: A French Heroine.
Chapter Ten: What if it was Me?
Chapter Eleven: Murder and Some Dinner Too
Chapter Twelve: Sleepover
Chapter Thirteen: Friends Who Always Have Your Back
Chapter Fourteen: Trapped in Red Roses
Chapter Fifteen: Room 211
Chapter Sixteen: Cake
Chapter Seventeen: The Beanbag.
Chapter Eighteen: Into the Den of (Rich) Lions.
Chapter Nineteen: The Cast.
Chapter Twenty: Hotel Lotus
Chapter Twenty-one: How to Kidnap your Primos.
The Song.
Chapter Twenty-two: Wanted: A Python.
Chapter Twenty-three: Sweet Talker.
Chapter Twenty-four: The Drive
Chapter Twenty-five: Awkward Messes
Chapter Twenty-six: The Real Villain.
Chapter Twenty-seven: Solar Eclipse
Chapter Twenty-eight: Shopping Trip.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Crazy by Comparison.
Chapter Thirty: The "Cool" Group.
Chapter Thirty-one: The Only Family Left.
Chapter Thirty-two: Fatherly Love.
Chapter Thirty-three: The Day of the Dead.
Chapter Thirty-four: The Return of the Jerk.
Chapter Thirty-five: Going 360°.
Chapter Thirty-six: What The...?
Chapter Thirty-seven: Cake in the Closet.
Chapter Thirty-eight: A Breakdown.
Chapter Thirty-nine: A Little Reunion.
Chapter Forty: "It's A Duck".
Chapter Forty-One: Lucky Andromeda.
Chapter Forty Two: The "I Love You" Thing.
Chapter Forty-Three: The Saturday of Your Nightmares.
Chapter Forty-four: Dollhouse.
Chapter Forty-five: The Cat That Got Out The Bag.
Chapter Forty-six: Unpleasant Surprises.
Chapter Forty-seven: Pep Talk.
Chapter Forty-eight: Purple Girl.
Chapter Forty-nine: The Truth and More.
Chapter Fifty: Headfirst Into An Endless Pit.
Chapter Fifty-one: Friendly Friends.
Chapter Fifty-two: Right On The Front Cover.
Chapter Fifty-three: Scary Kid.
Chapter Fifty-four: Boyfriend Duties
Chapter Fifty-Five: A Deathly Allergy To Ugly Shirts.
Chapter Fifty-six: The Turning Point.
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Favorite Things.
Chapter Fifty-eight: Premonition.
Chapter Fifty-nine: Action!
Chapter Sixty: The Final Showdown.
Chapter Sixty-one: The Child and The Brat.
Chapter Sixty-two: Promises.
Chapter Sixty-three: Familiar.
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Plant and The Sun.
Sixty-Five: The Message.
Chapter Sixty-six: "Meese" Isn't The Plural of Muse.
Chapter Sixty-seven: Even More Promises (Finale).
Epilogue: Lazy Day.

Chapter One: Sharing Coffee.

698 20 58
By Rhodes_the_writer

Chapter One: Sharing Coffee.

The best kind of music for school mornings played through my earpieces and I hummed along as I arranged the items on my reading table. Once I was done, I checked the room one more time to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

Everything was perfect so I faced the full length mirror on my wall to check my outfit one more time, also perfect. I was rocking a soft, schoolgirl look today; plaid cardigan, short pleated skirt and long socks.
Hale loved the look, that's why he recommended it anyways.

Hale was my boyfriend, he was friends with the popular people at school which automatically made him one of them. His parents were these super rich and fancy people who lived in the upper class side of town and they were... nice to me.

I was so lucky to have Hale as my boyfriend, he was always looking out for me and being so nice. There were a lot of girls who'd be dying to be in my shoes but he chose me instead.

The thought made me smile as I hurried down the stairs past my cat, Moo.

She meowed in protest when I didn't pet her so I had to turn around.
"Gosh you're so demanding." I sighed playfully and reached out to pet her fur only to nearly get my hand sliced through with her claws.

"Well make up your mind!" I said, holding my hand to myself, then I looked down at my sweater and realized why she did that.

"Is this your problem?" I asked as I removed the Country Club pin from the sweater. I forgot it there sometimes and Moo hated it with all her nine lives.

Once I took it off, I was free to pet her to my heart's content.
Not really though, because the sound of my ringtone stopped the music I was playing.

It was Hale and my heart skipped when I realized I was running late already.
"Hi Hale!" I said and hurried to the kitchen to prepare a cup of coffee.

"Babe, Violet, tell me you're halfway here" Hale said from the other end. He was with his friends at school already by the sound of it.

"Sorry, I'm still preparing your coffee,"

"Well, hurry up! I want to drink it before class begins." He snapped and I rolled my eyes. "Also, there's someone I want you to meet"

I frowned but didn't bother to ask "Well okay, I'll see you in a few"

"Okay, love you"

I smiled as I packed my things up and rushed out of the house and into the front yard where Dad was watering the plants and talking to the neighbor over the low fence.

"Running late?" He asked.

"Yeah, feed Moo please!" I replied, nearly sprinting past him.

I dumped all my stuff in the passenger seat of my car and put the coffee in the cup holder before going around the car to the driver side.

"Movie night?" Dad called and I shook my head.

"Sorry, Mom invited me to the estate, I'll be going there after school"

"She's back from Egypt? Cool, I want a souvenir!" He called and I smiled as I drove out into the street.

It was only after I got into the school parking lot that I remembered Hale didn't have any classes first period today.

"Seriously?" I sighed as I found him and his loud group of friends all around his big car, just messing around.

I parked right next to them. Even though I was late, I still had a nice parking spot. One of the advantages of being Hale Frances's girlfriend.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Hale said as he took my hand and helped me out of the car.

"Traffic" I said and waved at his friends.

"Hey Violet!" They chorused with their deep voices and big grins.

"I'll take that" Hale said with a smooth smirk, taking the cup out of my hand. I folded my arms, frowning as I watched him.

"What? What's the funny face about?" He asked.

"You made me hurry here like you had class first period" I replied.

After a sip, he frowned and looked at the cup before handing it back to me. "You didn't add enough cream, you know how I like my coffee"

"I was in a hurry, because of you by the way" I said. "Now you're not even going to drink it?"

Hale rolled his eyes, "It's just coffee, no need to be so sassy and uptight, Violet. Where's the attitude coming from?"

I blinked and schooled my features into a calm expression.

"It's not like I had to skip breakfast or anything" I mumbled, looking down at the tarmac.

"Speak up, gosh I hate when you do that" Hale said. I didn't want him to hear me.

"It's nothing" I sighed, hiking my bag up my shoulder. Hale was right, it was just coffee. I smiled at him and his brown eyes lightened up.

"If you're not having it, I will" One of the guys said and before I could say a word, slid the cup out of my grip. I looked up at him mouth open in mild protest before I froze.

This guy wasn't part of our group, I hadn't seen him around here before.
He sipped the coffee watching me as he did, the rings on his fingers catching the sunlight.

"Hey, remember I told you I wanted you to meet someone?" Hale asked happily and pat the strange guy on the back hard enough for the coffee to spill over. The guy rolled his eyes (was he wearing a bit of eyeliner?), casting a look of obvious annoyance at my boyfriend who didn't notice.

"This is my cousin, Angelo, all the way from New York! He'll be staying with us to finish the rest of the school year" Hale explained and I waved at Angelo slightly, unable to find my voice.

He was so intimidating, staring at me like that, sipping on my only hope of breakfast. "Hello Violet, Hale talks a lot about you."

"All good things I hope?" I said under my breath.

"I didn't get that," Angelo said, not hearing me.

"I have class!" I blurted a bit too loud so the other guys stopped their conversation for a second before going on.

"Oh yeah, see you later babe" Hale said, kissing my cheek. "You don't mind showing my cousin to Mrs. Brown's classroom on your way, do you?"

I glanced at Angelo who was taking his backpack out of the car and shook my head. "No"

"Good, see you at lunch" He said to me and gave Angelo a fist bump before letting him follow me into the school.

The hallways were near empty since the warning bell had already gone.

I kept glancing at the cup of coffee in Angelo's hand and I immediately regretted not getting myself food when he took out a bagel from his backpack and had a big bite.

Like the awkward tense silence between us wasn't bad enough as we walked, my tummy suddenly growled, loud.

"Um....worms" I blurted as the worst excuse ever, holding my stomach. I could have sank through the ground in mortification.

Angelo wasn't amused though, there was no sign of laughter or mockery as he handed me the coffee.
"Take this, kiddo" he said, dryly.

Kiddo?

I shook my head, "No thanks, it's yours and..." I trailed off and he deadpanned at me like I was spewing lies, which I obviously was.

"On second thought..." I squeaked and took the cup, taking off the cover to have a big heavenly gulp.

"Hey don't finish it, it's still mine." Angelo said quickly, looking a bit offended.

I let out an embarrassed giggle and wiped my upper lip with the back of my hand. "Sorry"
When he split the rest of his bagel in two and offered me the bigger part, I didn't hesitate to take it.

"Thanks," I sighed in relief with my mouth full.

"So, girlfriend to Hale" Angelo said lazily, taking the cup from me and taking a sip, "what's a girl like you doing with a guy like him?"

"What do you mean?" I asked with a frown. I'd actually been crushing on Hale since we were little, he was the guy of my dreams.

"Clueless little thing, aren't you?" Angelo hummed. But that was all I got as a reply.

"Mrs. Brown's class" I said as we stopped in front of a classroom. "Thanks for sharing with me."

His eyes were grey. I made this random observation as he took a step to me so suddenly I nearly walked backwards into a trashcan.

"You have to know I don't like to share my food" Angelo said, hands in his pockets as he looked down at me. "So for the love of God kid, make sure get your own breakfast everyday, are we clear?"

I nodded quickly and he stepped back from me, brushing back golden locks of hair from his face with his hand full of silver rings.

"Gosh, all I said was thank you" I murmured, fidgeting with my fingers.

He shot me an annoyed look and rolled his eyes. "You really need to speak up, Squeaky." Then he pushed the door open and stepped into the class.

"Squeaky?!" I said aloud with a huff before spinning around and marching to my own class.

~UwU~

Oh hello you! Hope you liked chapter one, lol.

Rhodes😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 89.2K 31
We all have story's we don't ever want to tell right? Lilliana is one of theses people, she's hiding something from everyone, and she's hiding it by...
1M 23.5K 42
Xena deli is california's badass She causes havoc everywhere She's a party animal but what happens when one day she's gets kicked out of her 23rd s...
300K 8.7K 32
Annabelle's life is harder than anyone could ever imagine. She spends her days locked in her room not wanting to talk to anyone but her best friend A...
5.9K 155 28
Friend, or Foe? If there was a single thing Radiant didn't hate, it wouldn't have existed for long before being snatched away from her. Radiant never...