25 days of cadnis :D

By maybeimamuppet

25 holiday themed cadnis oneshots, or, as i'm calling it, my cad-vent calendar :) come get y'all juice More

intro + important info!
day 1: cuddles
day 2: first day of snow
day 3: lazy day
day 4: playing in the snow
day 5: sick day
day 6: hot chocolate
day 8: christmas crafts
day 9: playing christmas music
day 10: christmas party
day 11: getting the christmas tree
day 12: christmas shopping
day 13: adopting a pet
day 14: decorating
day 15: date night
day 16: making christmas cookies
day 17: making gingerbread houses
day 18: learning rocking around the pole dance
day 19: making special breakfast
day 20: family dinner
day 21: inviting friends over
day 22: wearing onesies
day 23: mistletoe/kissing
day 24: christmas eve
day 25: christmas!!

day 7: binging christmas movies

76 2 67
By maybeimamuppet

DAY SEVEN WHOOOOA ONE WHOLE WEEK!!

yet another chapter where their ages do not matter. cady is ~25 and janis is ~26 but again. do what ye will.

enjoy!!

—————

"Whatcha doing?" Janis asks, heading into the kitchen and finding her wife preparing their 'movie casserole', which is just popcorn with lots of other snacks mixed in, in a rather large quantity.

"Movie night prep," Cady says, dumping a whole bag of pretzels into the bowl.

"This is... kind of a lot of snacks, Cads, we just ate dinner," Janis says anxiously.

"Oh, you misunderstand, my love," Cady says ominously. Janis looks at her in fright.

"Movie night?"

"Yeah. All night," Cady says, shaking the bowl a few times to mix everything together. "Movie night."

"Oh." Janis says. That doesn't sound too bad. "What are we watching?"

"Holiday movies!"

"Son of a bitch."

—————

Their snackarole is about half gone after the first movie, Home Alone. Cady has slowly shifted all the blankets and cushions off of the couch and to the ground to create a little cuddle nest, complete with a perfect view of the TV. The last addition is Janis, who gets aggressively tugged into it by an ankle and lands on some cushions with an 'Oof'.

"How-how long are you planning on keeping this going, Peanut?" Janis yawns.

"'Til morning," Cady says happily, cuddling into Janis' side and resting her head on her chest. Janis yawns again. "I'm supposed to be the sleepy one, are you okay?"

"Sleepy," Janis hums. "I'll be right back."

Cady pouts as she clambers her way out of their nest and goes to grab something from the kitchen. She seems confused when Janis returns with a six pack of Red Bull and a bag of... something.

"Where did that come from?"

"Secret stash," Janis says. "For when I have to stay up late doing art."

"Oh." Cady says. "What is it?"

"Energy drink and chocolate covered espresso beans," Janis says, plopping back down next to her and tearing into the bag.

"Espresso beans?" Cady asks in confusion. "Like, the whole thing?"

"I think so," Janis shrugs. "You wanna investigate?"

Cady nods eagerly and digs through the bag for some specimens like a little squirrel. It's a large bag and they'll both need the energy, so Janis is content to let her have as many as she wants.

Cady, for whatever reason, puts the first one to her ear. Janis turns to look at her in confusion and bursts out laughing.

"Have you been able to hear beans before?"

"You have to use all your senses in science!" Cady defends. "I'm being thorough."

"You're so cute," Janis hums, leaning in for a kiss. Cady returns it and crawls into her lap to continue her experiments.

"Smells like chocolate. And the inside smells like... coffee." Cady hums, almost completely tuning her wife out in her concentration.

"Checks out."

"I think it is the whole bean," Cady says confusedly. "Just shelled, maybe. And then it's covered in... milk chocolate?"

Janis checks the bag to confirm her conclusions. "Yep."

"Hm." Cady hums, popping her small handful in her mouth. "Blech."

"Why would you eat them, baby? You don't like coffee," Janis chuckles. Cady looks at her and pulls a yucky face. "Here, wash it down with this."

Cady eagerly takes the Red Bull and downs a hefty swig to wash the taste of the heinous beans from her mouth. She looks at Janis again, happily this time, with wide eyes and an eager wiggle.

"Uh oh," Janis hums as Cady downs the rest of the can in one go. Janis stops her hand as she reaches for another. "One at a time. You don't mix well with caffeine."

"But..."

"I know it's tasty, but there's, like, a million grams of caffeine and sugar in one can," Janis explains. "I'm not in the mood for a hospital trip because your heart is vibrating instead of beating."

"Oh."

"Just pace yourself," Janis chuckles. "One per movie, if that. Fire up the next one."

Cady brings up the second Home Alone movie and settles in on Janis' lap beneath a soft blanket. Janis rests her chin on Cady's hair and holds her close, placing her hands on Cady's waist and squishing her closer every now and again.

—-

What Janis doesn't notice is Cady sneaking another can and taking sips slowly enough that Janis doesn't clock the movement.

Janis doesn't notice until she's had three cans and is actively vibrating on her lap. "Caddy."

"Hmm?"

"Did you have more Red Bull?"

"No. What? I didn't-definitely didn't have more. Nope. No way."

"Okay, then who drank these?" Janis asks, holding up two more empty cans. "And why are your teeth chattering?"

"Nothing. I mean, no. I mean-"

"Caddy! You're, like, a compressed human already and now you have more caffeine in your blood than you have blood in your blood," Janis chides. "No more."

"Nooo," Cady whines, clinging to Janis' hand and going totally limp in a ditch attempt to stop her taking the delicious beverage away. Janis isn't phased, shaking her off and hiding the stash away in a place high off the ground. Janis struggles to reach it, so Cady won't have a chance. "Jayjay!"

"Caddy!" Janis replies in the same tone as she finally comes back. "I'm supposed to be the impulsive one, come on."

"But it's so goooood, it tastes like candy," Cady groans, dramatically flopping over Janis' legs. Janis starts brushing the hair away from her forehead in a steady, gentle rhythm. Cady purrs for a second before asking, "Is your blood supposed to feel thick? Like syrup?"

"No."

"Cool."

—————

After Elf, The Grinch, and A Christmas Story, Cady is losing it. It's about five in the morning by this point and ridiculous quantities of caffeine are still coursing through her veins. She's staring at... something, on the ceiling, and babbling away about nothing to her wife above her.

"My head hurts."

"I wonder why," Janis chuckles, gently stroking her hands through Cady's hair. "Your brain's probably been shaken."

"I think my brain shakes all the time," Cady says. It's quiet for a long moment, Cady simply tracking the repetitive movement of Janis' hands with her eyes. Janis yelps as she suddenly chomps down on her wrist.

"Ow! Caddy, what?!"

"I luff you," Cady mumbles around Janis' arm still in her mouth.

"Then don't bite me!" Janis laughs, trying in vain to gently pull her arm out from her wife's teeth. "The hell?"

Cady finally releases her wrist, presses a kiss to it, and goes back to babbling at Janis. "You're so pretty. Your hair is so soft and long and soft."

"Thanks, baby," Janis hums. "You're pretty too. How are you feeling?"

"I feel... like... I can see farther. Like, metaphorically. Like I can see into the future," Cady says, squinting at the ceiling.

"Oh yeah? What do you see?"

"Dogs."

"Okay," Janis giggles. "I think that's reasonable. What else?"

"Mah tongue ith shaking," Cady says. "And I can't feel my fingers."

She demonstrates by poking her tongue out and holding up her hands. Her fingers are shaking endlessly and her tongue does twitch more than Janis thinks is normal.

"That's... probably not good, but... fine, I guess," she chuckles. "Any, like, heart feelings or anything I should take you to the hospital for?"

"Noooo."

"Promise?"

"Yeeeeeah."

"Okay," Janis giggles. "I'm sleepy, can we go to bed?"

"No!" Cady insists, her eyes ablaze with the energy as she sits upright suddenly. "We gotta go on an adventure!"

"Adventure to where? It's five thirty in the morning," Janis yawns. "And I'm tired."

"Adventure to nowhere," Cady says eagerly. "Like, like, like...  the balcony! The sun's gonna come up soon, we gotta watch the sunrise, Jay, we have to!"

"Okay, okay," Janis yawns again. "Sunrise only, and then bed."

"Fine," Cady says, rolling off of Janis and hauling her over to the balcony. Janis wraps herself in their warmest blanket and grabs a cushion on the way. Cady eagerly plops back into her lap when Janis sits, and tugs the blanket to be around both of them for warmth.

Janis does her usual tricks for when Cady can't sleep, in an attempt to assuage some of the energy she has so she'll actually be able to sleep once they're in bed. Miraculously, it does seem to work a little bit, as Cady slumps down in her lap when she starts gently stroking her forehead and kissing beneath her ear.

"You-you're gonna miss it," Cady yawns.

"You'll just have to tell me when it happens, then," Janis murmurs, shifting her hand to trace the shell of Cady's ear with her finger. Cady turns to the side and nuzzles into her neck, making sure to keep her eyes on the sky.

Janis continues her efforts and gently squishes Cady a bit tighter against her. Cady hums contently and yawns again.

-

Neither of them wind up seeing the sunrise. Cady is dead asleep in Janis' lap by the time the sky starts to go pink, and Janis is so focused on keeping her that way that she barely notices it. Its beauty has nothing on her wife's sleeping face, anyway.

"Come on, my little crackhead," Janis whispers, gently shifting Cady off of her and standing up, before bending down to scoop her wife into her arms. Cady snuffles a bit, but doesn't wake up. "To bed with you."

It's lucky Janis remembered to kick the cushion and blanket back inside and lock the door, because Cady refuses to let her go as soon as they're in bed. She latches around her neck and hips like an adorable little octopus and is snoring in Janis' ear again within seconds.

"Remind me never to give you caffeine again," Janis hums quietly, gently scratching the back of Cady's scalp in the way that's sure to keep her asleep. "I love you so much."

Cady cuddles just a bit closer, letting Janis know she loves her too.

—————-

tada!!! hope you enjoyed!

see you tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787 29 11
Janis didn't hate the holidays, she just hated holidays spent with her family in Georgia. They still thought everything she was is just a phase, she...
19.4K 327 61
[REQUESTS OPEN] basically exactly as it sounds. fluffy oneshots of cadnis, with a few bonus relationships/characters for flavor. it gets better as yo...
8.7K 212 24
Art freak meets the homeschooled jungle freak. One catches feelings and the other is completely oblivious to the other having feelings.
1.5K 79 15
janis sarkisian is her high school football team's star quarterback. cady heron is the best cheerleader on the squad. in a school filled with bullie...