The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 29

2.6K 120 24
By AvaFics

~*~

Night fell, the ducal couple haven't returned. The duke was called to the palace for a meeting while the duchess have her own plans.

At the west wing of the manor, Yves went to check the first young master if he's asleep.

She saw a child's body under the blankets and immediately assumed that everything was well.

Unknown to anyone, the body under the blankets is nothing more than a solidified shadow as a cover for his disappearance.

On the other hand..

Rosh stood unnoticeable from atop of a high building in the city. He wore an all black outfit and used shadows to recreate his build to look more like a teen.

Amros appeared, along with Luar, behind him.

''We have eliminated the outside guards without other disturbance, Master.''

He didn't answer. He just gazed at the townsquare with glowing eyes before he turned back.

Rosh took out something from his mini-compartments. It was a clean white mask with the hole of the left eye creating the number six. The devil's number.

The mask was created with effective and durable materials, along with the enchantments of self-cleaning and tight-grip to prevent it from being taken away by force.

He covered his face as a seal of secrecy.

''Let's go.''

-

Rosh stepped inside the building at a slow pace.

His hands on his pockets, glowing eyes darkening every second, while his blessing leaves traces of dark mists on the path he passed.

Amros had his obvious excitement show while Luar remained neutral.

They have already secured the area, prohibiting any other civilian to pass through, nor see what they're doing. Now, they're free to do what they want.

As the three of them walked inside, Rosh could see the body of the outside guards scattered on the ground.

No other guards or knights have noticed, they are all oblivious of what will come to them. Much to Amros' dismay, but he can't complain since it's a part of his master's plan.

The three didn't bother breaking in to the entrance. Using the shadows, they traveled through the dark and directly went inside.

When three unknown individuals suddenly appeared the knights and staff guarding the building were immediately alerted.

They unsheathed their swords and pointed it at the three.

''Who are you! Speak your motives!'' The knight who noticed them first shouted.

Amros and Luar stood infront of Rosh so they didn't fully recognize him yet.

''Our identities doesn't concern a mere dirt like you.'' Luar said and lifted his left hand.

His palms produced an amber magic circle with ancient rune sysmbols.

''Die.''

Without a waste of second, almost countless poisonous bugs and insects crawled above the knight's body from the ground.

Some of the few bit him, entered his skin, and most of all, entered all existing holes and entrance of his body.

''Ahk! Aaaaaaahh! Get them off, get them off, get them off!! Help me! Aargh!''

The knight started to move rampant as if losing his sanity.

Blood came out of his eyes and ears, his mouth full of insects, bugs seeped through his dry skin.

It was a horrible scene to observe.

He was screaming of fear and agony, but none of the others have the guts to lend a hand. They were all too shakened of what they witnessed.

Under his mask, Rosh smirked in delight. What a beautiful view, his blood is pumping fast out of excitement.

It was Zebed's or Luar's so called special blessing before he became his servant.

Apparently, Rosh's new slave was blessed by the most worshipped god of all-creatures. Giving Luar the ability to order and communicate with many animals whether they're beasts, insects or ancient monsters.

A terrifying power indeed, as Rosh himself acknowledge.

'How long has it been since I've seen this?' He thought. The things he yearned to see from the cause of his orders, it is now here.

The image of him above the pile of corpses, how nostalgic. His life from the past seemed like it came back to the present.

The killing. Blood spilling. Screams of agony.

And fear.

All of it was the source of his happiness, just like how it was what his enemies hate.

Rosh clenched his fist, and with his unseenable face, his lips curved into a sickening smile.

''W-w-what are you just s-standing there? A-attack them!!'' One of the staff yelled at the knights making them snap out of their shock.

They immediately charged at Luar and Amros without proper tactic or strategy. Just pure attack. Rosh clicked his tongue. What a disgrace to call them knights of Razon.

The knights swung and slashed their swords at his two servants, of course, each glide of the blades were evaded effortlessly.

Rosh didn't even flinch at the sight of their attacks, he just stood there unfazed. Those knights who pointed their swords at him suddenly stopped their tracks.

They didn't hesitate nor surrender, their faces held no fear but confusion.

Darkness is the one that kneels down on the person infront of them, not the other way 'round. Adding the advantage of the night, the dimness makes the effect of his dark blessing to strengthen.

The knights' shadows were glues on the ground, they couldn't move. They have been apprehended like prisoners.

On the other hand, Amros and Luar have long finished their fights, they didn't break a sweat. Such battles were mere child's play.

Rosh didn't want to waste anymore time because he has to get back to the manor before any of the duke's staff wakes up.

''Enough with the hold-on. Clean them.''

Amros nodded. ''Yes, Master.''

As if an eclipse happened, the dimmed area became even more dark, the people inside felt like they've been thrown in an abyss. An endless pit of darkness.

With a few more seconds passed, the darkness dissipates. The surroundings became visible once again, however, a big change has been made.

The whole building slowly crumbled bit by bit, the once furnished and priceless products became rubbish one by one.

It was an avalanche. A landslide of breakage.

And lastly, the knights, the staff and every other people that could've witnessed the black-out....

Gone.

***

Duke Razon slammed his table after he finished hearing the report from his vassal.

''Who is it!? Tell me!'' He yelled in rage. The duke started throw things and his vassal who reported the most recent incident could only endire the wrath of his master.

The duke's wife, Roxanna, who heard his screams and madness enters his office with confusion.

''What's going on? Husband, why are you acting so preposterous even at the presence of others?'' She questioned.

''I don't give a damn, Roxanna! Some malicious bastards dared to destroy one of our biggest business chain in the capital!'' Her eyes widened.

''What!?!''

''That's right. I just received the report. Many years worth of traded products have gone to waste, every knight and staff have all died, it was a goddamn ambush!'' Duke Jeremiah shouted.

''Those peasants!'' Roxanna joined his yells with anger. How dare they? Those who are involved must be punished, in the name of their dukedom!

Jeremiah shot his vassal a glare and pointed out the door.

''Leave and find them. Do not return unless you find those pieces of shits and bring them to me!!''

''Y-yes, lord duke.'' The man stuttered and bowed before hurriedly leaving the duke's estate.

Meanwhile...

Rosh was eavesdropping at his parents using his shadows and couldn't help but chuckle loudly.

Amros smiled in amusement while Luar sneered as they too, are connected with the shadow spy so they could hear the conversation from the other side of the mansion.

''Those parents of mine! Hahaha! Very stupid. Fools! Truly fools!'' Rosh exclaimed. His eyes are brimming with acute happiness.

''Ain't this satisfying, Amros? Knowing that they don't even know what's truly happening. Pfft!''

Amros agreed. ''Correct, Master. It is.''

However, while Rosh and Amros' conversation continued, Luar noticed the slight usage of mana near them.

Luar believed that with the enormous power of his senior-servant and his lord, they have already detected with their radar already.

He wasn't wrong. Rosh and Amros have already noticed and have been talking in their minds. They pretended to talk about the simplest of their intentions to lure in the watcher.

Without the watcher knowing, Rosh have started engulfing the empty halls that surrounds his room.

On the other hand, Amros made a small maze-like illusion to add so that the maids that enters the west wing will be a bit lost unless they discovered how to counter the illusion.

The watcher who were eavesdropping at the three furrowed his brows when the area became deadly silent.

What's going on? My mana didn't detect anything? The watcher thought.

Rosh rolled his eyes. Does he need to make every single one who spied into them his servant like Luar?

He signaled Amros to just stay put and ordered Luar to take the spy inside. Luar nodded and activated his blessing.

Snakes of different types slithered from the windows and tried to capture the man. They could hear the unsheathening of a sword and clashes, and that obviously meant that the spy was one of the ducal knights.

Rosh wondered. No knights are allowed to freely enter and roam the manor since they are either guarding, on missions or at the training ground.

Unless...

They're the appointed knights for the noble family members.

Finally, the bigger snakes have captured the spy as they locked his limbs with their bodies.

Luar went out and dragged the man's body inside his lord's room. Amros, who recognized the knight, whistled.

A familiar chesnaut brown-head, tanned skin, a toned build, and knight armour was dragged on the floor, looking at Rosh with stilled eyes.

Rosh tilted his head, and smiled at him innocently.

''Hello, Hugo.''

***

It has only been a day, and her sister Hyacinth already left for her own personal matters.

The little girl was served delicately by the many servants of the secret estate in the plains. Her sickly body laid on her bed, tired, as if she had run a marathon when all she did was eat, sleep and space-out.

Not having anything more amusing to do, the girl decided to read a book.

She slowly left her mattress and went to the mini bookshelf of her room. She saw a normal sized book and took it to her bed to read.

She opened the table of contents and looked for something interesting.

One page caughts her eye.

Spring's Eye of the Razon.

The book was about the heirlooms of many noble bloodlines from the past and present generations. There's no doubt that this particular one was here also.

She read the contents about the Spring's eye. It was the item that could help her live longer, away from her suffering and depression.

Finishing the whole context, she couldn't find anything different from other heirlooms in the Spring's eye.

It only said that the Spring's eye could absorb the life force of any living thing, making it one of the most valuable in the kingdom.

Also, the heirloom was not given to the present duke but was kept by the duke of the last generation. No more other major details was applied to the book.

Sighing she closed the book and stood up to put it back, but before she could, a piece of folded paper fell from it.

Curious, she took and opened the parchment. When she read what's inside, her eyes widened. It was about the Spring's eye!

In excitement, she immediately put the book back to the shelf and hurriedly went back to her bed. She almost tripped but luckily managed to sit back safely.

She started reading, but when she was already reading at the middle, her eyebrows furrowed.

''The Spring's Eye....is cursed?''

***

A/N: Can you see the little connection now? Hehe.

-AvaFics

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 268K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...
16.7K 340 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
200K 6K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
180 7 13
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...