Zuko's Betrothed

By Scriptwriter___

From a young age Honna had been betrothed to the Fire Nation prince. She was taught etiquette and how to be a... More

Betrothed
Burned
Dangerous Dreams
His Princess
Invading a Sad "Triumph"
The Avatar
Honor
Turmoil in Escapes
Lies and Delights
Family
Hope Where None Should Be
A Show
Agni Kai
Reading
Kyoshi Island
Almost Relaxing
Goodnight
Nerves and Burns
Something Useful
Letters
East
A Thousand Questions
Eleven Years
Birthday Blockade
Crescent-Shaped Island
Forced Recovery
My Best Interest
Girlfriend
Nala the Xierxu
Visions in the Flame
Wedding of Duty and Honor
No Such Thing As Peace
Runic
Pieces Fall as They May
The Moon Spirit
AUTHOR'S NOTE: BOOK TWO

Fire Queen

5.7K 153 0
By Scriptwriter___

I never went home. My sister will only hear stories of me and see me in art depictions that are sent out to the nation. I do get letters from mom, but that was the last day I saw or heard from my father. I sit in the garden one of my rare moments of silence. For a moment I forget where I am, who I am, I am Honna Jiang betrothed to the Fire Prince Zuko future Fire Queen. I fall back onto the grass pretending to be my age I am only 10 years old, but I have more responsibly than most adults.

"Feeling overwhelmed?" I heard a gentle motherly voice say causing me to jump from my comfortable state. I open my eyes to see the Fire Queen Ursa, "my lady, I apologize." I tell her in a hurried voice "there's no need to apologize dear. I remember when I was first betrothed to Firelord Ozai, I was much older than you but I was terrified and sad. The stress of the responsibility of training to be Fire Queen was overwhelming." She told me and for the first time, I truly saw the Fire Queen. It was the first time since coming here I felt like someone understood me.

"This garden is beautiful but I know one better." She said giving a wink she stood and reached a handout for me to take, and after a moment of hesitation, I took it. She guided me to a small Oasis there was a pond filled with turtle ducks, an old willow tree, and lilies beautiful lilies. She didn't stop she entered into the lily's and continued walking down a path only a few knew and stopped in the middle of a meadow. I had never seen it before and I'm sure few had, it was far from the palace but you could hear someone called out to you. I was mesmerized by its beauty.

"It's called the Fire Queen's garden, you can come here whenever you need a break, but sadly it can't change fate." She tells me hiding a trace of sadness before she did as I did earlier laying in the flowers relaxing. I couldn't help but follow suit. Ursa became my best friend in the palace like a mother. Sadly a year later she vanished, and the garden and a boy with amber eyes is all I had left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.6K 64
Eziri is the eldest daughter of Ozai and Ursa, Princess of the Fire Nation, and the embodiment of perfection. Or...at least she was. What will happe...
18.7K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
71.4K 3.4K 59
He lost his memories and soon woke up on a banished Prince's ship without a clue in the world. But this boy somehow reawakens something in the Prince...
92.4K 2.2K 27
(Zuko x oc) The Avatar and Zuko are strong but Aang must learn how to strengthen his fire bending. Kai is reluctant at first but she'll soon realize...