Hanging By A Moment

By Otaku_AriaSnow

"Eyes like rubies, hair red like fire yet looking at you...why is it you struggle to open up to me?" Diluc ha... More

Prologue: Viator & Viatrix
The Girl On The Beach
The Girl Locked In The Seal
I Wanna Know
Special Chapter: A Monstandt Holiday
The Girl That Touched The Wind
Traveler of Worlds
Dragon In The Woods
The Voice On The Wind
Diluc's Confused Heart
Lumine's Secret Protector
The Windborne Bard
Let Me Be The One To Hold You
Epilogue: Hanging By A Moment Here With You

Like Fire And Ice

658 19 11
By Otaku_AriaSnow

[A/N: Lumine finally awakens from her seal but now there is a new problem. Lumine doesn't understand anything being said nor can she speak their language. Wait a minute...Kaeya can understand her!? But for some reason she seems frightened and confused over everything. Also enjoy a song I put for my favorite genshin brothers, Diluc and Kaeya. Lumine is speaking Khaenrian and will for a bit here while she learns to speak Teyvet's language. This will be shown in bold as I can't write another language worth crud!! And If I did know how I would have written Khaenrian in Italian or Greek as it seems to have heavy inspiration from those places. lol]

........................................

"Kaeya."

Diluc was not at all impressed to see this estranged member of his family. His glare and harsh expression a dead give away as the cheeky bluette easily swerved around him to enter the room. "Get out. I do not recall ever inviting you here."he stated coldly as he walked over to him. Had he followed them here or had he been as usual up to his sly tricks? He did not know but he did not like it. What he really didn't like was how close Kaeya was to his guest as he leaned over.

"So this is your lil' mystery girl you fished up? Not a bad looking young woman."hummed Kaeya. 

Diluc though was fast to pull him away by the collar of his cape and jacket, "I don't know what you're planning but you're not going near her."

"Oh whatever do you mean dear brother?"Kaeya asked freeing himself from his grip. The two young men's bickering though had caused the girl in the bed's hand to twitch.

Loud.

What was so loud?

Whatever it was she could only feel this claustrophobic, dark void of nothingness. The suffocating and stifling feeling of chains on her very existence. "No I won't tolerate this anymore. I'm almost there!"she thought with a stubborn whimper escaping her as outside her mind the dark energy began to grow wild, startling the boys. Their voices she could finally hear them but she could not understand anything they were saying. Soon as the strange energy appeared it had vanished, shattering like glass to fall in particles of light.

"What the hell was that!?"Kaeya yelped.

"I'm not sure. Lisa said somebody put a seal on this girl."Diluc explained as he dusted himself off. However seeing the girl begin to stir and move his interest peaked. "She's waking up."

"I can see that genius, maybe her seal broke."noted Kaeya as the girl's eyes began to open.

Eyes of a brilliant honey amber opened blearily before blinking a few times to clear her sight. Staring briefly in a daze she looked around before turning wide eyed. Fear and confusion crossed her fair features as she bolted up from the bed. "This isn't the celestial gate!"she thought in astonishment. The room was large and elegant and looked very high class is the furniture and décor were anything to go by. Her confusion only grew in fear as she saw her clothes were gone and a satin powder blue nightgown was in their place. Fear and confusion gave way to fight or flight at spotting the two tall young men beside her. 

"Nice to see you awake."greeted Diluc walking over to her. 

The girl suddenly let out a growl as she scrambled out of the bed by mistake kicking the poor redhead in the process. "Stay away! Where's my brother!?"she screamed in a language not familiar to Diluc. Diluc letting out a yelp of surprise at the force this petite blonde had behind her kick before she hurried to a corner and grabbed the near by vase, poised to throw if she had to. Kaeya seemed to be getting a real kick out of it as he was howling in laughter at what this small stranger had just succeeded in doing. But what surprised him was he knew this language the girl was speaking. 

"Ok that hurt."grunted Diluc stumbling back to his feet. Damn that girl had one heck of a kick on her and he had not expected that severe of reaction. "Just what di you go through to warrant that?"he thought. 

"You're only frightening her, Master Diluc. She can't understand us and she just woke up in a strange place with two strange men. What were you expecting? A thank you?"Kaeya said in a teasing rebuke. 

"What do you mean she can't understand what we're saying?"Diluc asked.

The girl remained defensive her honey amber eyes sharp, soulful, and piercing with determined fire. Deeper though was the curiosity of a kitten as she looked at Kaeya and Diluc. "You better tell me where I am and where my brother is!"snapped the girl tossing the vase right for them. 

"Woah, DUCK!!"yelped Kaeya forcing Diluc down to dodge the flying pottery. The vase shattering against the wall into a million pieces. Well there went a very expensive Fontaine antique vase...oh well. "Wow she's got an arm on her. Seems she's wondering where she is and about her family."

"Wait, you can understand her!?"Kaeya nodded.

"How nostalgic it is, I thought I'd never hear it be spoken again by another living breathing human."hummed Kaeya in delight. Slowly he started to approach motioning for Diluc to stay back for now. The girl watched like a hawk pressing herself up against the wall as he approached, unsure how to react as nothing they said made any sense. It all sounded like pure gibberish to her as she kept her guard up, memories of what she went through with her brother ringing through her head like a broken record. She felt so confused because some reason she could not bring up her powers or sword. 

"Don't come any closer!"she hissed, poised to either run or fight if she had to. 

"Relax, we're not going to hurt you. We found you washed ashore some ways from here."Kaeya said swiftly speaking her language. Oh how familiar it was but felt so strange to speak again. A sight that was so strange to see for Diluc as the girl turned from defensive to surprised.

"Washed ashore?"she echoed. Kaeya nodded.

Slowly Kaeya motioned for Diluc to come over signalling it was ok to approach as the girl was starting to calm down. She looked over between the two gentlemen not sure what to say so she offered a small smile. "Thank you. But where am I and where is my brother? And who are you guys?"she asked firing off what seemed like a million questions, making Kaeya chuckle. From her tone Diluc could tell she was asking something but did not know what.

"My, my so many questions for such a small young lady."teased Kaeya. The girl instantly began to pout and huff at the teasing much to Diluc's curiosity. No doubt the bluette must have said something to upset or tease her. 

Upon closer inspection as he came to join Kaeya he crouched down so he didn't seem so threatening or imposing she was actually very beautiful. Fair skin and facial features framed by her long bangs from her short golden sun kissed blonde hair. He offered her a small smile that made her blush a little bit as her rich honey amber eyes, so feisty and soulful stared right back. Slowly he motioned to himself as he spoke, "Diluc Ragnvindr." he introduced then pointed at the bluette. "Kaeya Alberich."

She looked towards each as she processed the names matching them to the faces before her before smiling. Their language was not one she knew but she started to try and match the sounds and words in her head to form the letters. Her mind processing them before she pointed to herself, "L-Lu....Lumine."

"Well I'll be she's picking up on it already, we've got a clever one here, Master Diluc."Laeya hummed in growing interest.

"So it would seem."Diluc turned his attention back to Lumine who couldn't seem to get her eyes off them the entire time. "Hello Lumine, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Lumine offered a sincere smile, not sure what had been said completely but she was sure that Diluc had just greeted her. But that fiery red hair and those eyes like rubies...they...they seemed to hold something far deeper in their depths. All she knew was she was in some strange place and her brother. "Oh no, Aether!"she thought as panicked realization hit her hard. But her energy was spent after being sealed away for so long and she began to sway before falling forward. Diluc lurched forward and caught her just as she passed out with a low, drawn out moan. 

"Lumine are you alright?"No reply came just a whimper as he adjusted her so he was carrying her bridal style. She couldn't very well stay where she was. "Out like a light."

"Well, have fun I'll take my leave and don't worry about showing me the way out."hummed Kaeya as he left waving goodbye.

Diluc just growled with a huff, rolling his eyes as he glared sharply at where Kaeya had left. Then turned his gaze to Lumine in his arms. If she and Kaeya spoke the same language what connection did they share? Was she a survivor from that lost nation or something more malicious? Well he would get his answers in time now that her seal was broken. "I just have to be patient."he thought setting her back on the bed and tucking her in. Quietly he left the room, closing the door softly behind him. But as he moved down the hall he could not get her eyes out of his head. Eyes of a rich honey amber that shined with the brilliance of stars. Even her smile had been radiant. Question was...why? Why was he so fascinated by them?

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.5K 90
Disclaimer I do not own every character in here, all credits belongs to Hoyoverse ! Warning : false grammar etc. This book contain : - Fluff ❤︎ - An...
85.7K 2.3K 23
"Why? Why won't you rely on me more? All I said is you had to call my name and I'd be there....so why didn't you?" Xiao, the last Yaksha and Lumine...
5.6M 181K 46
As a member of the Fatui military, it is extremely important to follow the rules of your superiors. Betraying them would be similar to a death senten...
1.4M 71.3K 58
❝in the midst of all the chaos, he found peace; with her. ❞ 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐓! 𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ✃...