Always by your side

By Dlt87wayne

Astrid is a widow who has a daughter and is struggling to pay the debt her husband left her. Their marriage w... More

It Will Be You And Me
Done With Bills, Fear Begins
No Way. We Have To Go
Leaving And On Our Way
Home Sweet Home
A/N
Catching Up
After All These Years
Awkward. This Could've Been Better
First Day But Feels Like Forever
Can We Be Friends Again?
She Is Still Here
Date?
You said it would be me and you
A Little Payback
Not Just Friends
An Interesting Summer
All For You
Little Dreams
Secrets Revealed
Time to be Away
Surprises and Memories
Jury (part 1)
Jury (part 2)
Unexpected or Unwanted
Money or Love
New Begining For All Of Us
Surprise! Surprise!
We Are A Family
Trying To Start A New Chapter
True Feelings For Home
It's over
Not A Chapter But A New Book
New Changes
Forever Now
I Do
Always By Your Side; Forever
Acknowledgments

Starting From the Beginning

146 3 2
By Dlt87wayne

"So we agree on dropping the custody case and give our focus to the will of the deceased. Is that correct?"

"Yes your honor."

"Ok. So we will schedule a trial. In the meantime, in accordance with Zephyr Sapphire Hofferson, the court has granted custody to go to her mother; Astrid Celeste Hofferson. The court is adjourned." When she concluded, Astrid was approached by Ingrid.

"Well, looks like we are now on the same boat."

"Yeah, it seems like it. You know, you can come to visit us when you want."

"I would be delighted to. Well, I best be going then."

"Okay then." Ingrid left the courtroom while Astrid left to go towards the exit and was ready to go home.

At home

Zephyr was in the shed with Malarie while Ruffnut and Tuffnut were storing the honey on the shelves.

"She is so pretty."

"Yeah, although that dress looks heavy."

"(giggles) No wonder Jack had it. To make fun of her."

"Maybe he likes her." The girls laughed at that thought and didn't notice the twins were eavesdropping on the whole conversation.

"Okay, girls. You girls are too young for things like this."

"But auntie Ruff..."

"Uh uh. Out of all of the magazines from the attic this one, I figured you would take."

"But I didn't get it from the attic, I got it from a car."

"A car?"

"Yeah." Ruff began to worry, someone else brought this and whoever it was could've brought something else. She was soon distracted when she saw the girls runoff to greet a car coming. It was Astrid.

"Momma!!!"

"Hey, oh I missed you so much." She hugged her baby tightly and was then greeted by everyone else.

Moments later everyone had lunch at the backyard.

"Hiccup, your here."

"I can see someone else is." He then hands her a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Someone hasn't wasted their time have they?"

"Nope. I also haven't at all after something I did while you were gone."

"What was it?"

"I'll show you this evening."

"I see." They talked for a while and Elsa wanted to get some more ice from the icebox. 

"Oh Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"I was actually wondering, well, I was wondering if why have you asked how I have been, when you might have had an idea."

"Huh."

"Just saying." Jack was left in thought. He then went to the porch to sit but Elsa called him again.

"Jack?"

"Els?"

"Here." She hands him the magazine.

"Elsa don't get the wrong idea."

"Right. Jack else should I think?"

"First of all, where did you get this? I'm sure they taught you manners."

"Well you should probably take better care of your things especially when you have kids around."

"Oh."

"So you have been..."

"Elsa I never got over you. There I said it, I missed you. When I came back I was hoping to come back to you and we can talk it over. But when Heather told me you left to pursue your career I thought that...I lost my chance."

Elsa was silent, "I missed you too. There was always something that reminded me of you everywhere I went. I didn't mean to hurt you that night, I was just not ready."

"You could've told me. I respected you telling me that you needed to think, I would've done the same with that."

"I know, I know you... would've..."  Jack was close and Elsa just couldn't help herself. She pulled herself to him and they kissed. While doing so they remembered everything in their story. A few minutes later, they stopped for air.

"Jack?"

"Was it what you... Wait you started it."

"Don't you want to do it again?" He looked around and then kissed her gently. She liked it and realized how much she missed him. They were done and Jack kept his forehead close to hers.

"Come back with me."

She smiled but then realized what he asked.

***

"I have been beating Fishlegs with chess."

"Oh have you? Then something tells me that you have to teach me some."

Zephyr was so happy her mother was back home safe. She hopes she never has to be far from her again.

"I also learned to play dodge ball but we all beat Snotlout."

"Oh did you and how did..."

"I should've guessed, I should've known."

"If you knew why did you ask?"

"I don't know maybe I thought you might have changed how you were years ago..."

"How I was?!!"

"Yeah!"

"Well, Jackson spill out what you thought of me. Spill it!"

"Okay. You are nothing but a selfish, scared little girl who needs her father's hand! A scared little damsel in distress who doesn't care for others' feelings."

"..."

"Oh dear." Iduna whispered to Valka. 

Jack marched to his car with nothing else to say.

"Great at least it's out of your system! You can now move on to another girl that is more like you! Go on! I can see you now holding hands with the future Mrs. Overland! Go!"

As he pushes the gas pedal, Elsa grabs a handful of dirt and throws it to Jack's car. "It's not like I ever needed you anyway!!"

Everyone was frozen, the only one who wasn't was Moana who ran behind her friend. 

A little later in the day, Elsa still hasn't come back with Moana. Astrid put Zephyr and Malarie to bed. 

"Will they be alright?"

"I believe they will."

"You adults argue a lot."

"Yeah but then we find a way to fix those issues. Now get some sleep you two."

"Goodnight." 

Astrid then joined Heather on the porch.

"Still not back yet?"

"Nope, but they will be any minute now. Anyway, how are you? Aren't you tired?"

"Not really. I am just glad to be home."

"The nightmare is almost over."

"Yeah. The will I something I don't want to have in my mind."

"Sure, has Hiccup told you about something?"

"He just said he had 'something' but said he was going to take me tomorrow afternoon."

"Oh." Astrid was beginning to wonder what everyone was up to. By everyone, she means Hiccup and now Heather. Looks like she will just have to wait. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 36 9
Astrid Hofferson. A woman who can do anything, except for driving a car. But she's having some trouble with her current driver cause he never shows u...
62.8K 838 16
(@Speedbreak Could you do a HTTYD time travel fanfic where the characters from HTTYD 1 meet their selves from HTTYD2?) This was a comment on my HTTY...
14.6K 298 40
In the wake of their lost heir's dramatic reappearance, Berk has changed for the better. Unfortunately for our heroes, they do not have time to stay...
16.8K 369 8
Sadly, I really don't have the motivation to continue this story any longer. I know a lot of you have been wanting to read more of it, and I sincerel...