New Changes

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Mr. Overland available?"

"..."

"Can I leave a message?

"..."

"Alright then, he can call this same number when he gets a chance."

***

"You're going to be a teacher auntie Astrid?"

"Yeah, for little children. Alright, you girls can go brush your teeth and you can come back down and watch the movie."

"Okay, will aunt Elsa still be here?"

"I don't know I can check with her."

"Okay." The girls run to the bathroom while Astrid finds her friend just looking out the window.

"Nothing?"

"No, not right now. Well, I'm just going to turn it in."

"Sure go right ahead." Her phone rings later.

"Hello? Hi Hiccup."

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Not much really just making sure the girls are REALLY BRUSHING THEIR TEETH."

"Yeah, you tired?"

"How about you?"

"Had a long day today. Didn't see you all day today."

"We missed you. But Hiccup, I was also thinking about that."

"About what?"

"We are both very busy and we both, how do I put it, don't really see each other much anymore."

"I noticed that too. How about we go to town tomorrow, you, me, and Zephyr. With no work and in your case, school." 

"I think we'd both like that very much."

"Then it's a date."

"Sure. See you then. Love you."

"Love you too."

***

The three went to town as a family and then stopped at the park for ice cream. Then they went to a lake nearby, but they didn't go swimming, it was just to walk on the edge and then sit and watch the extended lake. 

Zephyr was so tired that she fell asleep on Hiccup and Astrid thought that it was the cutest thing to watch

"Sleeping?"

"Yeah, looks like someone got exhausted."

"Hiccup, you do realize how she sees you?"