𝐇𝐒𝐬 𝐁𝐞π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 βœ“

Von cupidflakes_8

"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Character introduction
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
NEW BOOK-4

Chapter-17

2.9K 216 51
Von cupidflakes_8

Heyyyyyyy!

I am back.

Enjoy reading.

"Siya, come home, baby. We are getting late," I peek down the ledge of the first floor and call for Siya for the nth time who is busy playing with her friends after she, Avni and Rehaan came back from the picnic.

When I was about to wrap up my work in the evening, Sid asked for dinner. Not having the heart to turn him down after the frightening reaction from me, I agreed with him.

I shouldn't have reacted in that way. The past came rushing through my head and everything that happened at that moment was involuntary. I must have hurt him. The vulnerability in his voice was heavier to take. It didn't feel fake. It is only laced with immense heartbreak. Is he regretting what he did to me? Is he planning to continue our story again? Is he trying to win me? Maybe I shouldn't hold myself and tell him about my past after he left me.

My phone chimes and it's Sarah and Inu. A sudden excitement runs through me and I grab it. “Hey,” I chirp, waving my hand.

“You seem excited,” Sarah says breastfeeding her one-year-old son, Armaan. She looks up and smiles widely, “What happened?”

I shrug, “Nothing.”

“Is that a hickey?” Inaya comes closer to the phone and her nose covers my screen making mine wrinkle. Trying to cover up, I pull the dupatta on the neck. “Oh, God! Sarah, look, it's a damn fucking hickey.”

I survey my surroundings before hurriedly entering the apartment and closing the door. "Stop talking. Not a hickey, that is," I lie to her. How did I forget about it?

Sarah and Inaya narrow their eyes and scoff, “Is it from Sid bhaiyya?” Sarah leans forward excitedly. Armaan flares his nose and slaps Sarah's breast as she crushes him. I giggle. She immediately leans backwards and helps him latch. “We need details.”

I sigh. “Yes. Something happened.”

“Did you both fuck?” Inaya screams.

“What? Shut up,” I snap at her and look away. “We just had a few moments,” I brief them but Inaya is adamant to know the details and she somehow pulls out the information at the end. I roll my eyes at the exaggeration as they make a lot of funny faces and stare in amazement. "I knew exactly what was going to happen. He did not compel me. I give in to his touch and try to kiss him. However, I was unable to resist shoving him away. Perhaps it was the lady inside of me that did not forgive him and I did. So I took off.

“We comprehend. You do not have to give him another chance. It is not necessary to allow him to approach you once again. You don't need to be the girl he left. Give the situation some time to heal. Allow yourself some time to recuperate. Spend some time figuring out why the two of you had to split up." As Sarah puts Armaan to sleep, she warns, "But do not hurt each other in the process."

I nod to her and turn away.

"What occurred a few days before we graduated, Priya?" Inu inquires gently. "We know that something terrible happened. So, do not lie."

I shake my head and swallow, trying not to think about it. "I need time," I whisper, wiping my eyes. "It is difficult to think. I am not ready to accept it for myself to tell you both. It took years, and I am still not ready to accept the wounds it left behind. I simply need some time."

They look at me with silence and sorrow. I turn around after hearing the door click. Siya is sweating profusely and looking at me apologetically.

"Siya has returned. I will contact you both later after supper," I say. They hang up the phone, nodding as they do. Flipping around, I place the phone back on the table and cross my arms over my chest.

"Ma," she gently prods. 'Ma' is only used by her when she wants to suck me dry. "You look quite beautiful." I know it is a ruse to deflect me.

I am dressed in an olive green chudidar with my hair left open. I used very little makeup and a glittering lip balm.

"But you sweat like a pig," I say, glaring at her. She pouts, looks at her wet dress, and attempts to distract me again with her innocent eyes. Rehaan over-pampers her making her behave like a brat. "Did I not advise you not to refuse the elders? Why didn't you come when I called you for an hour?"

Her lips shake, her chin wobbles, and her eyes well up. "Mumma, I am sorry. I shall not do that again. Please forgive me. I will not eat ice cream either," she says sincerely, clutching my legs. I quickly drop to my knees and kiss her forehead.

How could I be angry with her for even a minute? I have to look after her in ways that no mother in the world can!

"I have forgiven you, baby. But it is quite wrong to defy your elders. You know, God punishes us for disobeying our mother. Playing for a while is alright with me, Siya. However, sacrificing study time to play or engage in other activities is unacceptable. You are a girl, and a girl has to educate herself from a young age so that she can stand up to everything," I tell her, not wanting my daughter to go through what I have.

She wipes her face with my dupatta and smiles broadly. "Sure, Mumma. I swear, I will not play until I have studied everything I was taught in school," she says with a smile.
My baby!!!

"That is my baby. For now, let us go to Sid for supper, okay?" I inquired. Her eyes glitter when she hears Siddharth's name. I am not sure why, but she really likes Siddharth.

"Sidddd?" She is thrilled and starts to screech in my ears. I chuckle, nodding.

"Let us go then," she says, clapping her hands and hopping on her toes.

"First, you will shower and get dressed. Only then, I will take you to Sid," I place my dupatta on the sofa and bun my hair to wash her. She sulks but agrees with me.

We both walk into the bathroom together and she drops into the bathtub, splashing water on me. I giggle and tell her to stop. As I wash her, she suddenly stands stiff. I frown.

“You hurt yourself?” She rubs a foamy finger against the curvature of my neck, dragging it to my collarbone, then the base of my neck. "Why, Mumma?"

I take her hand away and wash the froth off her. "It is nothing. The dupatta was a bit rough, so, it got scratched,” I wrap her into the towel and return to the bedroom.

"So do not wear the dupatta, Ma," she replies, shrugging her shoulders. I giggle.

“Okay. But perhaps another time. I prefer dupattas."

“No. You hate them. You never wore them while in college. I noticed you in the photographs. You used to look like Alia Bhatt.”

I smile and pinch her cheeks, "So, are you Raha?"

She blushes, "I am prettier than Raha."

I chuckle again, this time showering her with kisses. She laughs and embraces my neck. "I love you very much, Chinnithalli."

"I love you, too, Ma."

I make her wear a pista green dress and tie her hair into a bun with her forehead bangs and a few strands coming down, making her appear gorgeous.

I enjoy it when Siya and I wear matching clothing. Looking in the mirror, I try to conceal the hickeys with foundation.

"Ma, even Avni mami used to have them regularly," she says as she sits on the bed and looks at me in the mirror. I gulp. "She called them hickeys or something similar. She said that would happen if anything bit you. Maybe you were bitten by a bug, not the dupatta, Ma."

I chuckle uncomfortably. She recalls everything these days. "Maybe."

She nods, watching me apply foundation layers. Under her gaze, it feels awkward and like I am betraying her.

“What happened?”

She shakes her head. "Hickeys suit you, Ma," I gasp, remembering Siddharth's remarks to me. "You look pretty."

I clear my throat and look at her, "Should we go?" I ask, turning her to me. She nods and we both go out. Siya and I lock the door and proceed to the parking lot.

Siddharth is waiting for me in my car, which makes my eyes widen. He is dressed in a sage green jacket and trousers, with a black shirt under the jacket.

We three are dressed in the same colours! Huh!

"Siiddd!!!" Siya rushes to Siddharth and leaps upon him as he opens his arms for her. Siddharth twirls Siya while holding her tightly, causing her to giggle wildly.

"Hi, Siya. How are you?" He asks, kissing her cheek.

"I am alright, Sid. How're you doing?" She inquires, pressing her forehead into his.

He let out a laugh. "Perfect, Siya. Mumma makes me happy," he says, casting an ardent look at me.

Siya nods, caressing his face with her little palm. "Mumma makes everyone happy, but everyone makes Mumma weep."

His face shadows guilty and I glare at Siya. She buries her face in Siddharth's neck. He gently strokes her back and kisses her pudgy arm.

"Hey!" He greets me with a shy smile as I stave my gaze to the floor due to shyness and embarrassment. Shyness for our moments and embarrassment for behaving weirdly frightening him probably. "Are you fine now?"

I nod.

"Here, these are for you," he says. When I look up at him, I find him giving me a bunch of pink lilies and leaving me awed at his gentlemanly act. "I’m sorry for making you uncomfortable in the morning, Priya.”

He regrets coming close to me and our moments.

I smile weakly. "It's fine," I mumble looking at flowers and caressing them softly.

He stares at me for a few moments and nods. "Shall we move, Priya?" At my nod, he opens the car door for me and I don't miss the way, my neighbours pass glances at me. This will be made into another scene!

Siddharth walks to another side with Siya in his arms. Sitting inside the car, he makes Siya sit in his lap.

"Siya, come here. Siddharth is driving," I extend my arms with a tint of seriousness in my tone. She shakes her head in no and snuggles into Siddharth.

"Siya-"

"It's fine, Priya. I’m comfortable with Siya sitting on my lap," he nods at me with a smile.

"But, Siddharth-"

He snips off my words with a smile. "Trust me, it's fine," he holds my hand and presses it a little. I look at his hand making him withdraw it back in a second.

Starting the car, Siddharth pulls the car out of the gates while everyone is whispering among themselves looking at our car.

Since I have a daughter without wedlock, our community even objected to me staying there but it was Rehaan who argued that they were involved in personal matters and that they should stay out of that. Later, though they, accepted it, still, they didn't stop talking about me behind my back or spreading negativity about me.

"I shouldn't have visited you here right?" I hear Siddharth asking me. Seems like even he observed the judgemental looks and murmurs. Honestly, I didn't want Siddharth to come here and pick me up. It's not that I don't want him to be here, In fact, at first, I thought of having dinner at home but... it's just I'm too tired to take any more taunts.

I look at him and find him looking ahead concentrating on driving.

"But, I don't care what they think of us, Priya. They have never had your back all this while to judge you," he says and looks at me. "You never did wrong or doing wrong. You are living your life for yourself not to please others.''

I smile at him and notice Siya nodding her head agreeing with Siddharth. We chuckle.

"Sid, you know, today, Avni mami and I went on a picnic. We enjoyed ourselves a lot. Mamu made me go for all the rides..."
Siya blabbers continuously and Siddharth listens to her patiently while I look out of the window thinking of the life I always dreamt of. Me, Siya and he.

Soon we arrive at one of Mumbai's best eateries. I thin my lips since I cannot afford the cuisine at this restaurant. One dinner at this restaurant is equivalent to half of my monthly pay.

I look over at Siddharth. He smiles at me and gets down. Opening the door for me, he gestures for me to come out.

"It's my restaurant. We don't need to pay," he mumbles in my ear leaning toward me as I am getting down. I nod meekly.

He interlaces his fingers with mine and begins walking inside, while Siya runs ahead of us, a broad grin on her lips. My attention often shifts to our fingertips.

"Siddharth," I mutter. He stops in his tracks and turns to face me. "I have something to tell you. Morning inci-"

"Meant nothing. Just another temptation. But-"

Temptation.

Temptation.

Temptation.

"Yeah! Just another temptation. So it is equal, and we are back to square one," I say, blinking away tears and concealing my anguish and pain behind a phoney grin. He looks at me like he wants to add something more but I’m tired of getting toyed with.

I slowly unlace my fingers from his, walking further. I so wanted to tell him about my weird behaviour and want to clear things out but I guess, I don't need to stress about it. Because it meant nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

"Mumma, this restaurant is extremely wonderful," Siya exclaims, clutching my hand. I smile.

As I walk inside the restaurant, I remember having a normal lunch at this restaurant once without any fear of paying the amount and now, I feel very bad not being able to feed my daughter without thinking a thousand times, whereas she is getting excited about having dinner at this restaurant.

As soon as we are inside, a middle-aged man dressed in a perfect suit comes running to Siddharth and greets him. His gaze falls on me and a 'different' look flashes in his eyes as he takes in my appearance. I know that 'look' very good and I am used to it. I allow my gaze to run around and notice everyone dressed elegantly which costs in fortunes and here, I am in daily wear, a very basic and plain outfit.

"Mr Seth, meet this beautiful woman, my closest friend and someone special who is close to my heart, Priya,” Without altering his look Mr Seth nods at me for the sake of politeness towards Siddharth. “Priya, this is Mr Seth, the manager of this restaurant," Siddharth introduces further wrapping his arm around my shoulder. My body feels warm suddenly and I gulp. Why does he make me feel so special for a second and just treat me like trash dumping my emotions?

"Priya," he presses my shoulder. I nod and shake my hand with Mr Seth.

"She is like my daughter, Siya Charan," he lifts Siya in his arms. While Siya welcomes the manager, I smile at him through tears at Siddharth. At least, he is being neutral with my daughter who truly loves him like she has to love Charan.

“He is my friend, Siddharth Malhotra.” Siddharth chuckles and kisses Siya’s cheeks.

"Please, show them the private cabin. I will be returning in a few minutes," Siddharth informs the manager.

I look at him questioning. “Siddharth?”

“Five minutes,” he mouths and walks away at my nod. Turning ahead, we follow Mr Seth who is passing me dirty glances.

"Sir got a good company to enjoy. Shall I book a room for you both, Mam?" Mr Seth opens the cabin door for us as he says. I look at him shocked and tears pool in my eyes.

"You misunderstood us, Sir. Siddharth and I are friends-"

"With benefits. It's all every rich man does. He is always a hot topic in the news and a celebrity. How can he befriend you? You might be his whore," he smirks and leaves while I stand in the same place still at his words.

Does everyone think the same of me? Am I bringing shame to my daughter and Siddharth getting close to him?

I look at Siya who has tears in her eyes understanding the disgust in the manager’s tone though she isn't aware of the meaning. I lift her in my arms and start walking out. Making out to exit of the restaurant, I find Siddharth talking to one of his bodyguards about something important. Without spotting under his eyes and his men, I escape from there.

"Mumma, what happened?" Siya asks wiping my tears. I shake my head no, panting hard. "Aren't we having dinner with Sid?"

"No, Chinnithalli. Sid is a little busy. How about having food at your favourite place and ice cream?" I ask her, kissing her chubby cheeks. Her eyes twinkle and she nods her head.

I switch off my phone and toss it in my bag when Siddharth calls me continuously. I take Siya to the beach to her favourite food truck and make her eat her favourites followed by ice cream. I look at her with immense happiness as she seems content with the food I can afford for her. Her grin feeds my appetite.

I may not be the best parent who provides everything to their child, but I will be the best mother who gives up everything for my Chinnithall.

Siya spends some time at the beach, and I chuckle every time she sprints back and forth along the shoreline.

We get an auto rickshaw and head to our flats, but Siya falls asleep in the midst. I wrap my dupatta around her to keep her warm. She gets colds easily, and they are always severe.

"Madam Ji, we arrived."

Lifting her sleeping form in my arms, I pay the driver and proceed to the lift. Siya squirms in her sleep and pouts her lips when she hears the lift's alarm to close the door. She really enjoys it. She constantly plays in the lift, hitting every button before running into our flat. When I reach my floor, I go out and close the door, only to pause when I see Siddharth standing at my door.

"Priya," he stares at me, frightened and worried about my unexpected departure. "Where—"

"Good night, Siddharth," I mutter as I unlock the door.

"Priya-"
I shut the door on his face not ready to face him. I know he isn't at fault. I am. My fate is a curse not just for me, but also for others around me. It unleashes hell upon them.

I just hope I don't ruin Siya’s life in the future.

Without turning on the lights, I make my way inside the bedroom, put Siya on the bed, loosen her hair from the bun and change her into a night suit. I kiss her forehead and about to go to change into my night suit, I sense a tug on my hand. I turn around trying to look through the dark.

Siya's eyelids are drooping as she stares at me. "Mumma, does Sid like you?" She asks. I look at her shocked. "Sid really likes you, Mumma. He glances at you now and then. He smiles at you. He gives you importance, Mumma, as no one ever has," she adds in her drowsy voice.
Only if she knew!!

"Sleep, Siya," I whisper and kiss her forehead before covering her with a comforter.

She snuggles into a blanket and dozes off. I stroll to the hall to prepare dosa pudding for tomorrow's breakfast and switch on the lights.

A terrified gasp escapes my lips as I notice a powerful, hefty, and muscular person sitting on a chair in the centre of the hall, one ankle over the other knee.

"Seems like you are living happily, Priyu," Prasidh, my psycho cross-cousin, whom I was about to marry once without my consent, walks toward me taking predatory steps.

"Stay away, Prasidh. I am warning you, just keep away," I say, dash to the kitchen and grab a knife from the rack aiming at him. He chuckles, mockingly. "Do not get closer or I will stab you."

"I have never seen a more gorgeous woman than you, Priya. "I was dumb to push you away, even in anger," he adds, his gaze lingering over every inch of me, making me squirm in my place. “Leave the knife.”

I shake my head, “N-no.”

“I said leave or else I will run into your daughter's room and throw her to the ground from the first floor.”

His threat is not hollow. Not after the death of Charan, I can name his threat an empty one. At that point, I have just one option.

Throwing the knife away, I fall to my knees joining my hands together as my eyes begs him to leave me. As I shrink into a corner, he smirks and walks towards me. He touches my head, and I try to hide beneath the shelf.

"I have not seen you this way since we were youngsters. All I knew was a fiery Priya who rejected me every time I approached her. "Now, it feels fucking fantastic to see you like this, Priyu," he adds with a cruel smile, kneeling in front of me and stroking my face, arms, waist, and thighs, making me flinch.

"Please, Prasidh, get away," I sob.

"Don't cry, Priya. "I will never hurt you," he says pleasantly, and in a split second, his attitude transforms into deadly, like a monster. "Only if you did not sleep with that bastard," he yells at my face and chokes me.

“N-n-o-o,” I attempt to speak, but he tightens his grip around my neck. He hits me mercilessly, causing the sound to echo throughout the entire flat.

"After years, my rage subsided a bit. I do not want to harm you any longer. However, I want you to murder your daughter within the next three months. Or else, I will kill her. Brutally. In ways, you can never visualize," he grits through his teeth and leaves my neck, “Just 3 months.”

I cough profusely, attempting to gulp for breath. My palms against the floor hold my weight as I lean forward and try to catch my breath again.

He touches and cups my cheeks once I have calmed down.

"You are still strong, Priya. Come out of that facade. Be yourself," Siddharth's words tune in my head and my eyes brim with tears.

"I still love you. But your daughter reminds me of your hideous act. Kill her, Priya. We will start our life together,'' he says and pins me to the wall kissing my lips while I cry, trying to push him away.

"This Priya appears to be weak and girlish, attempting to conceal under someone's wings. Throw this facade, Priya. Try to see what the real Priya can do instead of going deep into the shell you created," Siddharth's every word is making me feel strong but I am not able to push him away. I am feeling scared.

"Please, move away, Prasidh" I cry while he kisses my neck and his hands lustfully roam on my body. Imagining Siddharth's and Siya's faces, I push him hard. Prasidh stares at me furiously and smacks me so hard that I immediately taste the metallic flavour of blood from my inner cheeks.

"Don't dare to push me away. I met you after 4 years, this is needed, Priyu." he touches my breast, squeezing them harshly. A loud sob escapes from my mouth which he shut with another harsh kiss.

Fucking get into this head that you were nothing but my object to play with. You let me use you with your desperation. I used you to fulfill my needs.

I recall Siddharth's words from the past and at this moment, I feel so helpless. His words, his avoidance, his treachery, and everything else flash through my mind, leaving me feeling alone once more. I understand that everyone merely exploits me. I must confront my demons without expecting someone to take me under their wing.

But I am so tired.

"Please, Prasidh," I beg, touching his feet. He smirks, cupping my face. 

Torturing my lips for more than the time required he leaves my flat after pecking my forehead.

I hug my knees to my chest burying my face in them, crying my eyes out.

"Mumma," Siya says as she stands at the door, grasping the frame and crying. She approaches me with her little, shaky legs and sits near me. She makes me lie on her lap and pats my head as I weep.

I wish she didn't see anything!!!

"I have noticed a few people snapping pictures of me with Priya. Take care of it. I do not want any rumours to spread about me or my girlfriend," I tell my bodyguards.

"Yes, Sir," they say decisively. Giving them a nod, I amble towards the private cabin. Opening the door, I go inside to spend some time with my to-be-wife and my daughter but I am greeted with silence, empty chairs and an empty room. I look around in search of Priya. I try calling her but suddenly she switches off her phone. I grimace as I go out and question the security guy, who informs me that Priya has left with Siya in her arms, weeping.

I smash the phone on the ground and run my fingers through my hair pulling them.

Why does she behave this way? What is wrong with her? Is she offended because I claimed our moments together were meaningless? I said such things to make her feel better because she still loves her boyfriend and behaved quite differently than her, but I did not mean it.

I get in my car and begin hunting for her on the roads until I reach her gated neighbourhood. I park my car and head to her floor, only to discover her flat locked.

I wait for her for another two hours, ignoring the glances her neighbours give me. I stand leaning against the wall, eyes closed, when I hear a lift ding. I turn over and see Priya closing the lift door with Siya in her arms. She is asleep.

Priya turns around to look at me. Shocks and freezes. She composes herself and begins walking towards her flat, her eyes fixed on the ground.

As she enters, I am about to follow, but she just bids me good night and slams the door in my face.

"Arghh," I groan, kicking my leg into the wall.

Walking back to my car, I open the trunk to find the booze bottles that I normally keep on hand. I take one from it and get in the driver's seat. Opening the seal, I start the car latching the alcohol bottle to my lips. Intoxication races over me as a result of its potency and the fact that I am drinking it raw.

With sleepy eyelids, booze in hand, and staggering here and there, I arrive home and throw the keys at the security officer.

"Siddharth," a voice bellows across the mansion, and I turn to face it. There stands the man who ruined my life beyond repair, joining his hands with my friends; My Father, Mr Amith Malhotra.

I chuckle at him through tears.

"Aaj kis baat ki aap humari bezati karna hai, Papa?" I mock.

(Translation: "What problem do you want to taunt me about today, dad?")

"I begged. But you merely pushed me away from the world and life I envisioned. Now, after much battle, I am back in my life, but I discover that the world and life I had envisioned had already fallen down. Despite my greatest efforts, it is not ready to receive me. You destroyed me. My life. My everything," I scream at him, stumbling on my feet.

"Sid, have you been drinking again?" Ma rushes over to me and holds me up straight.

"Did I ruin your life or that bitch, Sid? As a parent, I did what was best for you, but now you accuse me of ruining your life. It was that whore who cheated on you and slept with another man," he says with. I lash out at him, throwing the tea table to the ground.

"Sid! Stop. Step back. Step back," Bhaiyya warns, half embracing me to keep me from moving towards Papa.

"What stop, bhaiyya? For seven years, I ceased challenging him, but all he did was wreck my life by marrying me to Trisha, and today I have not only lost Priya, my closest friend, and brother, but also my daughter whom I was about to hold in a month. He made my life worthless," I sob, clutching him.

"Out! Get out of my house. Only those who follow and respect me must dwell beneath my roof. "Get out of my house now," Papa yells at me.

I clap my hands, chuckling maliciously. "That is excellent! I had waited for this moment. I will lea-"

I stop when Ma slaps me and yells at me, "Go back to your room."

"Even you smacked me, Ma? Do not I deserve to be loved, Ma? Papa employs me as a robot to help his business thrive. Bhaiyya exploited me to avoid continuing our heritage. My friends exploited me to protect themselves from every heinous act they performed. Priya fled away from me, and you smacked me today. Am I unworthy of love?" I shed tears.

"Sid-''

"No, Ma. I understand. I will never have the love and life I have always desired," I say, brushing away tears. Glancing at my father, I head to my room and collapse on the bed before falling asleep, remembering the days I spent with Priya.

***

The next day, I wake up with a horrible headache and groan, gripping my head in my palm. I throw my head back, hands on each side of me, and closed my eyes.

I look for my phone to contact Aarav, but cannot locate it anywhere. When yesterday's events come flooding back to mind, I mentally grumble.

"I have broken my phone! Shit! Shit! Shit!! Did I fuck up everything?" I get up abruptly, recalling everything.

"Yes, you did, bhaiyya," Adithi's words prompts me to look up. She stands at the door, holding lemon juice.

She grins as she walks inside and hands me the drink. Thanking her, I drink it all at once, along with the aspirin.

"Was the dinner date with Bhabhi really bad?" She inquires as she sits near me. I turn away and lie flat on the bed, hands behind my head.

Piya! My baby!

"It did not happen at all," I whisper, closing my eyes.

"She looked amazing in pista green chudidar. Siya was in my arms the entire time, and believe me, it felt great and I felt responsible," I reply, opening my eyes.

"I was speaking with my guards, and after I finished, I returned, but I could not find her or Siya. She fleed. Not sure why. She keeps me after her, and just as I am about to grab her into my arms, she keeps me chasing her again," I groan.

"Bhaiyya, you spent years chasing her in the wrong path. Try approaching her differently; you will eventually make her yours," she advises. I sit up smiling, and ruffle her hair, causing her to pout.

"What do you want?" I ask her. She gives me a bashful smile and a side embrace. I hug her back and kiss her crown.

"Bhaiyya, I wish to marry Rushank. Please persuade Papa and Bade Papa," she adds gently. When I remember his behaviour towards women, I stiffen.

"Adithi, I do not want that person to be your husband," I whisper timidly, letting her arms loosen around me. She draws away gently.

"I will marry Rushank, bhaiyya," she states adamantly.

"He is not what you believe, Adithi. He has a negative attitude towards women,"

"If it is not Rushank, then no one, bhaiyya. He loves me in the same way that you love Priya Bhabhi, and Vir Bhaiyya loves Anushka Bhabhi," she claims.

"Do not dare compare my love for Priya to Rushank's love for you, Adithi. Rushank is attempting to trap you. He only wants your body, not you-"

"What if I claim I have already slept with him and am carrying his child?" She shouts.

"Are you carrying Rushank Arora's child?" I inquire, taken aback.

"No! I asked, 'What if?'" she continues, hands crossed across her chest.

"Adithi, please do not make any silly decisions. He is not the man he presents as. You should avoid him. Give me some time to show his actual nature," I murmur quietly, touching her shoulders.

"Bhaiyya, believe me, he loves me. He wants to marry me, move me to London, open his branch there, and live happily with me. Please do not break us," she weeps as she hugged me. I embrace her back and caress her hair.

"I have already informed you, Adithi, that I will ensure you marry that man as long as he is not damaging to you." I state. She sniffs against in my chest, and I nod.

"Fresh up and come downstairs," she murmured, drawing back. She leaves as I nod and close the door behind her. I head to the loo and complete my morning routine.

I dress in my maroon suit and come downstairs. I know I messed things up fairly horribly, and now it seems like I am fighting a war.

"Good morning, Papa and Chachu," I greet them as I take my seat. Papa doesn't even look at me, while Chachu only nodded. Maa and Bhabhi brought me breakfast as Kiaan giggled at the tension in the air.

After finishing my meal in peace, I rise up and wash my hands.

"Bye, Ma," I mutter, kissing her forehead. She cups my cheek and caresses it with a teary grin.

"You will not be attending Arora's office for the next two weeks. You have many crucial meetings scheduled at Malhotra's. I do not want you to miss out on the contract. Pack your things; you are leaving for Paris this evening on business," Papa replies firmly.

I wrinkled my brow at this unexpected scheduling adjustment. "Aarav did not inform me about such business meetings or excursions," I answer, standing in front of him with my hands linked behind me and my gaze down.

"I was in charge of those negotiations. I proposed the investors, and they agreed based on your track record of success and innovative technologies. They called me last evening to discuss it. I told Aarav, and he got everything ready. Complete your job at Malhotra's and get into it," he states.

Only he knew I was working on new software while pursuing my bachelor's degree. Finally, everything is complete, but I will not disclose it until I make Priya mine. Is not it because I have waited all these years? Priya's support when I take a big move in my life?

I sigh, rubbing my face. Everything has gone horribly wrong. Is the absence of Aroras implying that I would be seeing Priya for a week?

"Yes!! Now, take your Chachu along. Following the Paris agreement, I will fix your marriage with Shanaya. If you protest to it, that bitch Priya will suffer the consequences," he adds.

His threats fuels my rage. "Why are you determined to make me loathe my life?" I confront him.

He smirks at me. "You have to pick between Priya and her daughter's joyful existence and their darkest days for the rest of their lives. If you marry Shanaya, it will be my obligation to ensure Priya's safety, and if you select Priya, she will die and her daughter will have the worst life," he blackmails. I tear up as I gaze at him.

Without saying anything, I walk away. I get inside the car first, follow by Chachu. When the driver starts the car, I pull the divider between us.

"Chachu, at least you tell papa. I am 29 years old, Chachu. I have always been a responsible son, agreeing to whatever he said, even marrying Trisha. I cannot risk losing Priya again, Chachu. I love her, Chachu," I beg, grasping his hands.

Chachu retain his usual indifferent demeanour. "I am obligated to respect my brother, Sid, just as you are bound to respect your father. Trust me, my brother will go to any length to dominate those around him," he remarks in a clipped tone.

"Chachu, not you either. Please," I plead, my voice pouring with desperation.

"Keep Priya safe while you are away, Sid," he continues, looking out the window, making me bewildered by his remarks.

What does he mean by that?

We quickly arrive at the office and begin going over all of the paperwork for the deal. I try to reach Priya in the afternoon, but she doesn't answer the phone.

"Aarav, drop me at Priya's place. I am going to meet her," I state on the phone.

"Sir, Mr Amith Malhotra is here waiting for you. He wants you to come here soon," he replies, hesitantly.

"Aarav, there is something wrong with Priya. I need to meet her-"

"Sid, I need you straight at the airport. I do not want any excuses," Papa shouts at me over the phone, grabbing it from Aarav.

"Okay, Papa," I say quietly and hang up the phone. Getting into the car, I tell the driver to take me to the airport while I try to reach Priya.

We soon arrive at the airport, and I nearly phone Priya 100 times, but she doesn't answer.

"Fuck," I snarl as I exit the car. Walking towards my plane, I look at my father, who has goggles on and is chatting to the pilot.

"Papa," I murmur, standing behind him. He then to look at me and nod.

"Sid, Shanaya will be joining you on the trip. Make sure she is at ease," he says. I turn to the pilot, communicating my need for privacy. He nods and moves away.

"What are you doing, Papa? Please, understand me at least now-"

"Sid, Priya is not the one for you. I would have agreed to at least if she was with her parents. She is abandoned. She will not bring us anything; instead, she brings a female child-"

"I am done! I am not bringing Shanaya with me-"

He answers, "She is already in."

"I detest you, Papa," I say quietly as I board the plane. Shanaya smiles at me, despite her weakness.

She waves her hand a little, "Hello, Sid." I nod and sit far away from her, attempting to reach Priya till the air hostess instructs us to turn off the phone.

I let out a sigh, closing my eyes.

Talk to me. Priya.

"Stop! Stop right there, Priya," Avni warns me when I am about to stand on my feet.

"I need to urinate, Avni," I remark. She gives me a brief look and nods. I shake my head at their protectiveness and proceed to the loo.

Yesterday, when Prasidh left, I sobbed all night on Siya's lap, and my baby was awake and trying to comfort me. I passed out in the early hours of the morning. Siya must have panicked and hurried to Avni and Rehaan's flat to inform them about me. When I awoke, Avni lectured me about putting Siya through all of this.

When they saw my bulged face with handprints on it, Rehaan and Avni sobbed and begged me to return with them. As I previously stated, I was solid in my choice and told them no against. They are now raising a lovely family, and I do not want them to worry about me anymore.

After doing my business, I return to Siya, who is sleeping deeply. I sit next to her and touch her hair. Siya! She has become the embodiment of my existence.

"But I want you to kill your daughter within 3 months. Or else, I will kill her. Brutally. In ways, you can never visualize."

"I still love you. But your daughter is making me remember your hideous act. Kill her, baby. We will start our life together."

Prasidh's words resonates through my mind, making me cringe. Never in my life would I allow anybody harm Siya. I will battle to the death for Siya.

I grab Siya into my arms, and she immediately throws her hands around my neck, burying her face in it. I smile rubbing her back.

Siya sleeps easily on my lap while I sit Indian-style.

"Avni, please get some rest. You had been sitting like this since dawn. For god's sake, you are pregnant," I remark, glancing at Avni, who had been sitting in the same posture since the morning, caring for me while I was feverish.

"Sometimes I feel envious of Siya. She is really blessed to have you. I used to think that if my mother was still alive, she would have looked after me in the same manner that you do for Siya. But, Priya, I promise to give my child the finest upbringing possible, just like you do for Siya, despite the agony you have experienced and continue to face." I smile as I rock Siya in my lap, making her go back asleep as she wiggles.

"You will be the best mother, Avni. "Now, come here and rest," I instruct. She noda and unfolds from her previous position, gently touching her 4-month-old baby bulge. She walks to the bed and lies down. Covering her with a comforter I caresses Avni's head.

Rehaan steps in and smiles at us.

"I brought lunch for you, Priyu. Let me feed you," Rehaan replies, dragging a stool and sitting on it.

He begins feeding me making me tear up, remembering my brother. My Arjun Anna.

***************

How was the chapter?

Prasidh, new entry!!

Priya isn't a weak woman, dear readers. She is very much stronger than you peeps can expect her to be. It's just she was afraid at the moment due to betrayals.

Siddharth's outburst, there is a past still pending, and you will understand the reason behind his anger at his father. Adithi's stubbornness!!

What do you think Mr Amith Malhotra is planning to do?

Will he play any dirty game? Or was he concerned about his company?

Stay tuned for the updates.

Shower your love.

Surya.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

193K 11.7K 53
"Hey, baby?" I smile cheekily, grabbing Shreyan's attention and the girl beside him. He facepalms and looks at me, "Avyuktha?" "You look handsome, b...
686K 35.6K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
3.7K 182 23
I love you. You love me. I hate you, you love me. I love you till the end of the universe, Your love does not end at the end of the universe. we figh...
338K 14K 42
Saumya... Tomorrow is the big day of my life. The engagement day. I was busy praying and something cold was touching my neck. I shivered. Was it any...