Lily Light (Shachi x Reader x...

By Sawako_LadybugOfLuck

[Shachi♡Reader♡Penguin] Wano Kuni. The land of colorless dreams. As a woman you have to be silent, to obey... More

⁕Honey🧡warm⁕
⁕Mint💚fresh⁕
⁕Ash🖤gray⁕
⁕Snow🤍soft⁕
⁕Bloom🥀Blood⁕
⁕Lotus🌸Bloom⁕
⁕Winter❄️️Fire⁕
⁕Golden💛Sunset⁕
⁕Night🏮Luminaries⁕
⁕Body💋Painting⁕
⁕Dream💔Ruins⁕
⁕Silver⚔️Wings⁕
⁕Butterfly🦋Lullaby⁕

⁕Wake-up✨Kiss⁕

442 23 7
By Sawako_LadybugOfLuck

Silence welcomes you. You awake from an empty dream.

When did you fall asleep? Since when do you allow yourself to relax like this?

How unmannerly and careless of you. Not very feminine of you.

Shame on you! Shame!

Your insides hurt, your heart throbs painfully, while your body remains paralyzed. You tremble.

You can't open your eyes. You bury your trembling fingers in the soft blanket that hums softly. Wait. It... hums?

The same blanket puts a paw around you. Bepo. Did you cuddle in his fur at night? Oh, no! You bothered him, took away his sleeping space and-

His short claws lightly stroke your back, in soothing movements. The bear itself still seems to be deeply asleep, acting instinctively, caress you.

It helps, if only slightly. It calms you.

With a gentle smile on your lips, your eyelids open. You stay in his bear hug, taking in the surroundings with weary glances. The campfire has long since burned down, it still smells of burnt wood and coal.

The four of you lie together; Chi and Peng sitting side by side against Bepo's back, you against his belly. The mink has been your nightly source of warmth in the otherwise cold cave.

There is something familiar about the warm act. Like family.

The realization makes you flinch. Clumsily, you lean away from the animal blanket, looking between the three sleeping faces. Each of them looks different, each seems peaceful.

A pretty picture.

How dare you count yourself among them?

You're only a temporary guest. Not even an invited guest. You are only tolerated, not accepted.

Again, you feel so foolish to hope for more. Every moment with them is so precious to you... yet you can't enjoy it. What hinders you?

Sighing softly, you reach into your wild hair, taking Peng's jewelry and taming your hair-strands a bit. You must look awful.

What happened to your 'perfect beauty' you have to present?

"Good morning, Miss Beautiful!" O-Chi beams at you.

Did he hear you? Did you wake him? Doesn't he mind how messed up you look?

Sleepily rubbing his eyes, he peeks out from behind Bepo's back, and smiles warmly at you.

You fight your lips apart, trying to return his smile. "Morning, Chi-" you quickly put a hand over your mouth. You addressed him by his nickname. Were you allowed to do that?

Such an intimate gesture... it awakens a spark of life in his sunny eyes.

"Say that again."

You hesitate. "M-Morning."

"Not that!" He chuckles softly.

Propping his elbows on Bepo, his chin on his hand, he looks at you with an expectant look.

Slowly, very slowly, your lips part. What you then bring out in a shy whisper makes his typical smile fall.

And you say it;

"Shachi."

Single strands of his orange hair fall over his widening eyes. Their honeyed glow the brightest sunrise. Like they're showing you his heart you've hit. A blushing glow spread across his freckled cheeks.

Quickly, he hides his face, buries it in Bepo's white fur.

"Unfair," you hear him mutter, "this is so unfair..." What does he mean by that?

His name came so easily over your lips, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

Bepo comments a loud growl that echoes in the silent cave, his paw scratching at his belly. Followed by Peng's nuzzly grumbling in his sleep as he pulls his cap down. Peng is a true morning grumpy.

When Shachi looks back up at you, there is a playful spark in his eyes. A cheeky glint in them, his lips copying that expression. Using silent lip communication, he forms the words:

'Wake him up' and points at his sleeping neighbor, rather points at his cap.

Wake Pengorou up? But how?

He doesn't mean-?!

Uncertain, you look to the sleeping man. Your eyes sliding carefully over the inscription on his cap. At the seven letters you read. Your chest burns with shame, your cheeks tingle. Do it, speak his name.

Deeply you inhale courage, daring your lips to open, forcing your vocal cords to vibrate and-

"Fish!" Bepo jumps up, shocking all of you. Then, he sadly looks at his empty paw, he was chewing it while dreaming. "No fish?"

By Neptune, your heart almost stopped!

Quickly, your heart beats beneath your hand that you've brought to your chest. It takes you a moment to collect yourself, then you can't help the amused tug of your lips.

Peng flipped over due to Bepo's rash movement, he fell on Chi and pulled him down with him. Both men on the ground. They stuck in an unhealthy position, struggling to separate. An extremely amusing sight.

Bepo wants to help them, but he doesn't know how. So he is jumping restlessly from one hind paw to the other, saying his mantra of apology. You can't stop yourself, laugh and join in his apologies, doing both at the same time. You apologize for your laughter.

The two men look at you, calling your name in a reproving tone of voice.

"Laugh all you want." You remember Chi's warm words. "I like your laugh."

It's Peng whose mischievous grin silences you.

"There's a place for you between us." He didn't say that!

He's testing you. Again.

And achieves full success, that meanie!

You pout, turn away from them, embarrassed, looking towards the cave exit. Then, Peng's hand reaches you, brushing lightly against your forearm. Your arm jerks away, he notices that. You avoid his touch.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbles sheepishly and scratches the back of his neck. "I'm an idiot."

You have nothing to add to that.

"Hey! This is the moment to disagree with me." He sounds more amused than offended.

Then, he avoids your gaze, something seems on his mind.

"I... um, want to get some fresh air.... go for a walk." His voice becomes firmer and clearer, his eyes captivate yours.

"Do you want to come with me?"

An invitation.

Surprised, you look at him, while he hides his eyes behind his yellow cap screen. His eyes are unreadable. Even though your thoughts are racing, you don't have to think long.

Are you really that brave? Do you dare to go with him?

Hesitantly, you nod, your heart is racing. Why does your heart react now?

...Because you'll be alone. Just you and him.

You've made a decision. A decision that cannot be undone. Then why are you so insecure?

Your nervousness rises with every second. You follow Penguin, absently waving goodbye to the others, focused on him. His footsteps announce something meaningful. Steps, towards the future.

Where will he take you?

A feeling, foreshadowing, something fundamental is about to change between you two.

And for that, your heart burns in anticipation.

~✾~

"We go fishing."

Without looking at you, Penguin says this, then leads you towards water. A lake, between the wintry Ringo District and the spring like Flower Capital.

You have quite a long way ahead of you.

You two are silent. You know nothing to say to each other, although you have so much to share. You want to ask him so many things, but nothing leaves your lips, you bite down on.

Instead, you look at the man walking in front of you. Look at the little plush penguin on his cap. Look at his strong shoulder blades and the muscles that move when he walks.

You hear the rustling of his light blue kimono, the clacking of his wooden sandals and the soft sigh he gives off from time to time.

Does he regret his decision to bring you along?

His distant behavior worries you, more than ever. He has always been rather cold and quiet, but this time the coldness affects you so much more intensely. It makes you doubt.

Did you do something wrong?

You open your mouth, start speaking and at the same time silence your meaningless words. What could you say? Small talk isn't your thing.

You are walking down the short mountain path, the lake you are heading for already visible from the distance. Your eyes still fixed on it, you do not see the small stone that causes you to stumble.

Shocked, you inhale air as you lose your balance, facing the snowy ground you're falling towards. You squint your eyes and-

You'll be caught. Of course, you will.

You land in his strong arms that hold you, bring you back to your feet.

Has Peng been looking after you all this time? Like a... guardian?

"Watch it, you dork!" He gets louder than he intended. Is this his way of showing concern?

"I can't let you out of my sight for one second..." His murmur fades into a softer tone as he runs a hand over the back of his neck. His deep voice sounds manly and strong.

"Stay close to me. Don't leave my side. I'll protect you."

Behind the yellow cap screen, his eyes find yours, captivating each other before he wordlessly takes your hand. He... what?!

Your heart beats wildly, far too wildly. His touch tingles against your skin. Your palm becomes slightly sweaty.

Penguin holds your hand in rough tenderness.

"Hold on to me. And don't let go."

You squeeze his hand gently, wordlessly giving consent. Your fingers intertwine. You're so embarrassed. It's not awkward at all, but embarrassing.

The silence that follows has so much warmth. No distance reaches more between you, cannot separate you two. A moment of closeness. A moment of togetherness.

Until you reach the shore. And still your hands stay together.

In front of you is a small fishing boat, he climbs into it, pulls you with him, and helps you in. It sways strongly under you, so that you let go of his hand to hold on to the bench. On it, you take a seat.

Uncertain, you look to him. "May we use this?" Take a boat that is not yours?

Peng grins. "We may." He confirms, "because we allow ourselves to."

That doesn't make you feel better. "I-Isn't that stealing?"

"Yop." His lips grin wider, proudly. "A pirate lends for a lifetime."

The rocking of the boat slowly subsides, not entirely. He unties the rope between the shore and the boat. Sitting in front of you, he grabs the two paddles and lowers them into the water before beginning to row.

Lightly swaying, the boat moves towards the open sea.

Despite his request, you let go of his hand. You curl your fingers into your lap. "I'm S-"

"Don't apologize." He growls at you, you only see his back. "Not worth talking about."

His hiding voice tone informs you that it very much is. So you keep talking.

"May I," you swallow your nervousness, "sit next to you?"

He half turns his head towards you. On his side profile you see the hint of a grin. Teasing.

He doesn't answer right away, takes his time.

And then taps his hand on the empty seat next to him. "Sit."

With shaky movements, you accept his invitation, change your seat, sit down. You make yourself small next to him, folding your hands in your lap. Your body is tense. The bench is smaller than you expected, so that your shoulders almost touch.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asks in a low voice, looking ahead, not at you.

"Don't worry, I'm a gentleman." His eyes wander to you. Something flirtatious flickering in his dark green eyes, "unless you want me to be a bad boy."

The thought makes you blush. This man is more dangerous than he looks. Dangerous to your shy heart.

You're all alone here, on the open sea.

He could do so many things to you... But he has not done it. Not yet.

Or are you getting your hopes up?

You need to know, ask him.

"W-Why are we here?" You look down at your fingers, kneading them restlessly.

"To fish," he replies casually. "I'm sure Bepo would be happy to eat one."

He's doing this for his friend?

"To be honest, I like eating fish too. Penguin and all... Hehe."

Is he trying to downplay his act of kindness? Is he embarrassed?

The boat slides out slowly, stops. "We're here."

The flowing movements of individual fish are visible in the clear water.

Surrounded by blue, with the land in the distance, so far away. You are a devil fruit user, this is dangerous. Nothing and no one can reach you here. You two are cut off from the world.

There is something darkly romantic about it. Your pulse quickens at the thought.

He reaches under the seat, pulls out a bamboo fishing rod, attaches a plastic bait to it and throws it out.

"Now it's getting exciting! ...Not. We're just waiting for something to bite."

Is he nervous too? Is he trying to cover it up with humor?

Another thing you've discovered about him. You are happy about every detail that you get to know about him.

Suddenly you don't feel as worried as before. You feel understood by him. You are in the same boat - literally.

With a peaceful smile on your lips, your eyes dive into the distance. In thoughts that bring you closer to him. Your emotions don't know how to categorize this man. What is he to you? An acquaintance? A friend? ...More? No, you don't dare to think this.

You're enjoying what's between you. The moment.

With him, you can let yourself go. He catches you, protects you.

Gently, the water waves around you, in harmony with nature. Barely noticeable, the boat lifts off and sinks, as if you were floating over the river of life.

In a whisper, you voice the thought. "How does it feel? On the sea..."

Not taking his eyes off the fishing rod, he smirks. "'Under' the sea." He corrects, something warm finds its way into his voice.

"Free... It feels like swimming with the fish, flying in the depths. Our sky is the sea."

The pride and the warmth that resonates in his words, you feel it. It makes you feel joy.

Peng chose his path in life, followed his dreams, remained loyal to them. And you?

You've only lived by others wishes, putting theirs above yours. Even goodness has its limits... Have you been so naive? So worthless?

What have you done for yourself all these years?

You've been trying so hard to please everyone else, to be someone they like.... That you've lost your own self. Who are you really?

Your name. You hear it. From his lips. You look at them to better understand his words. His lips are pretty-

Hastily, he pushes the fishing rod into your hand. You clumsily take it, holding the bamboo stick between your fingers. Did he ask you to take over? But why his hasty reaction-? Oh.

You quickly take your gaze from his lips, feeling so rude.

Have things always been this warm between you?

Suddenly, something snaps you out of your sentimentalities; the strong pull of the fishing rod. It almost slips out of your hands.

Something has bitten!

Out of reflex, your fingers close tighter around the bamboo, trying to fight the jolt that almost drags you off the boat. It rocks uneasily beneath you.

What now? What should you do? You don't know, you can't do it, you're so worthless!

And then... there's security.

Penguin's chest pressing against your back. His arms reaching around you. His hands holding yours.

Resting his chin on your head, he whispers tenderly. "Breath... Don't be afraid. I'm with you."

The soothing words are like balm for your agitated heart, it calms down with his deep voice. Where your hands touch, a heartfelt feeling spreads, something intimate.

Together you are strong. You two have the strength to pull the rod, brings it out of the water together with the catch.

But the jerk of the boat is so strong that you fall backwards in a sitting position - onto him. Between his legs, the back of your head hitting his chest.

Dangling in front of you on a string is... "A boot. Wow."

You feel his pecs behind you begin to vibrate, rising into a loud laugh. So liberated and honest that you join in with him, in a soft giggle that grows in volume. It feels so freeing.

Peng still holds you in his arms, one wrapped around you, enjoying your free laughter and mumbling with a grin;

"Well, I'm sure Bepo will be very happy about that..." That only encourages you more.

You like his sense of humor.

Awkwardly, you get up and turn, so that you're sitting across from each other, smiling lightheartedly.

His cap slipped, his face uncovered.

Your eyes find each other, binding themselves.

You two fall silent at the same time.

And all of a sudden, everything is different.

Suddenly it's there. This feeling.

Something between you that intensifies the air.

Something meaningful and soulful.

Penguin's eyes darken, shimmering in longing.

His green soul flames reaching into you, threatening to burn you.

A look so intense, as if he had found someone lost again after many years. An old fire rekindled.

His innermost words echoing so much louder into the silence of your self.

"I've waited for you... so long..." Your name gently comes over his lips.

Something crackles softly in your chest and shatters, as if your protective cocoon were opening. The deep-rooted seed of a memory begins to sprout, breaks through the surface of your inner being, sees the world.

Eyes see what they want to see.

The loving heart blind,

the spark of light illuminates the darkness of two souls.

Eternity knows the truth.

You want to ask him. Ask what he means by that.

Nothing escapes your lips. Except one thing.

"Penguin... "

As you speak his name, his pupils barely noticeably dilate, reflecting the light. Your light. You see yourself reflected in him; you, not your lost self, not your lying construct - the real you.

As if you had never seen yourself more clearly, as if you had just recognized yourself.

Before him, you are completely naked. Your soul dress discarded, your heart opened.

Your eyes sink deeply into each other. So deep that his glowing emerald green burns your soul. Your gazes locked together, inseparable in chains of fate, anchored in each other heart depths. Seeing deeper than eyes can ever reach.

You watch as the fine speckles of his eyes brighten. Like a flickering firework of green shades. You feel yourself about to cut yourself on the tiny splinter.

The intense green that captures you reminds you of an unfathomable forest in which you lose yourself. A labyrinth of thorns, of which you are the rose.

Something's blossoming inside you.

The wind of spring warmly tickles your skin, the fine hairs rise silently. The pleasant smell of mint comes to your nose, seducing your senses. Penguin's scent.

Out of the corner of your eye, you notice his hand approaching your face. You are almost tempted to close your eyelids, as if in a trance, longing for his touch.

Your heart shudders.

With affection, the back of his finger strokes your right cheek, his thumb finds its way under your chin, he lifts it by a millimeter. So little and yet so much that your lips are at the same level. You become aware that you are breathing the same air.

You hold your breath in anticipation. Your thoughts are racing, so trivial, so insignificant in the face of this moment. You are about to cross the line. To take the step where there is no return.

Do you really want this?

Is this what you want?

Do you dare?

Bravely, your heart whispers. Whispers the answer to you.

You smile. It is Penguin who breaks the eye contact. His longing gaze twitches briefly to your lips, then back to your eyes.

Shyly, you nod. You give him your permission.

Hot breath tingles across your upper lip as his deep voice sounds in temptation.

"Has anyone ever stolen a kiss from you?"

Your pulse increases dramatically as his lips draw closer to you. So close that he can almost feel the trembling of yours.

Fire sparks pulsing through your veins, heat filling your chest, making its way to your blushing face. He still holds your chin between his fingers.

So tender.

Briefly, a memory flickers through your senses. Far away, you feel a spark of warmth on the corner of your mouth. Once, you felt lips...

Honestly you answer;

"Shachi-"

And Penguin silences the name with his rough lips that burn on yours. Is it jealousy that you taste from them?

No. Rather, it's something possessive and passionate. Something indescribable and new that your lips are discovering. You feel him.

His eye color darkens, taking on dominant shades. But they clear up again, to a soulful green, when he realizes it.

He notices. Notices that he's the first one that kiss you.

Your first real kiss.

There is something dangerous and protective about Penguin's kiss. Something forbidden.

Carefully, his lips touch yours, moving slowly, barely noticeable, taking their time exploring your first intimacy. It's such an intimate touch. Your eyelids close half, enjoying, your gazes unable to part.

Exploring, his hand travels up your back, finds your neck, caress it. His fingers bury itself in your hair, guides your head, tilts it slightly to the side so that your lips seal in a crisscrossing.

It tingles. Everywhere he touches you.

It's getting warm. Warmer and warmer.

Your whole body is trembling. If you weren't supporting yourself with one hand on the bench of the boat, your legs would have given up long ago. The constant rocking beneath you is completely irrelevant.

Your free hand doesn't know what to do. Your fingers are restless and curious, following the impulse to touch Penguin.

Hesitantly, you move your hand towards him, towards the body heat he radiates. Very lightly, your fingertips feel his shoulder, graze the strap of his black muscle shirt under the kimono.

Briefly, your fingers flinch, then overcome their shyness, gliding further over the crook of his neck, feeling the powerfully beating aorta artery. Is he as nervous as you?

Finally, your fingertips rest in the nape of his neck, the short ends of his hair tickle.

Your touch brings a pleasant hum from him, the sound vibrating against your lips.

Laughing softly, he pulls away from you, just a tiny inch.

"Breath... Don't forget it." He teases you, licking his upper lip so that his warm tongue almost grazes your lip as well, taking in your appearance as he frames it in his eyes.

And your brave heart dares to wish. To make the wish come true.

You kiss him.

Surprise him with your impulsive action, surprise yourself too.

Clumsy and inexperienced your kiss, far too tense and stiff. All that doesn't seem to bother him.

You don't imagine the happy sparkle in his eyes, don't imagine the way his naughty tongue suddenly becomes more adventurous, its tip pressing into the slit of your lips.

And you shy away, slides backwards, looking at him with widened eyes and a totally red head.

In a silent apology, Penguin looks at you. The apology fails because of the obvious satisfaction that his eyes show. He isn't sorry at all.

Perfectly satisfied with himself and the world, he wets his sinful lips.

"We'll practice that." A promise.

A promise from a Heart Pirate.

Desire burns in your excited heart.

Happiness floods your body.

Blooming beautiful, the sprout of your inmost being,

new life fights its way to the light of your world.

Enlivened by a kiss,

a rose in flames,

framed by a heart.

.

.

.

Penguin's Heart.

꧁🌹꧂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 970 37
Life has not been kind to you. After a string of bad relationships, you're a little jaded and a little depressed in all honestly. The worst day of yo...
83.2K 1.1K 11
***REQUESTS CLOSED*** What the title says really :// This is a request only book and requests will always be open unless I say so (you'll know trust...
4.4K 171 11
Art by: SINFULjam on Tumblr Will mostly not follow the plot until chapter: 6 Characters and (most of) the plot is by: Vivienne Medrano. WARNING: MURD...
46.8K 909 40
Have you ever wanted to enter the one piece world? Maybe you want to be friends with the strawhats, or the heart pirates? Perhaps you'd rather be dat...