It All Started With A Tampon

By The_Muffin_Dude

Gemma is a nobody. She knows it. Her parents know it. Everybody at school takes advantage of it. She accepts... More

Prologue
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE
NEW BOOK-The Bad Boys Saw Me Naked
NEW BOOK-Their Summer Never Ended
Please read x
NEW BOOK

(5)

191K 8.2K 2K
By The_Muffin_Dude

Ooohhh, I'm dead. I'm so dead. The car is absolutely silent. Not one word from either of them. We pull up to Mark's house, and we get out. Josh grabs my arm and pulls me inside, Mark following. Josh opens his mouth, but before he can say anything, he's interrupted.

"Hello dears." We turn around to see Mark's parents sitting in the living room.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Brown." I say, my heart souring.

"Hi Mum." Mark mumbles.

"Nice to see you again, Josh." Mr Brown says.

"You too, sir." Josh shakes his hand.

"What are you all up to?" Mrs Brown asks.

"We were just at a Friday night party Mum." Mark says. "Is it ok if we hang out in my room for a bit?"

"Of course." Mr Brown. "Make yourselves at home. We'll see you later, we have to go back to the station." My heart sinks, as Josh nudges me towards the stairs. When we're out of sight, Mark grabs my arm, and shoves me in his room, sending me to the floor.

"How long have you been working there?" Josh asks angrily. I don't answer, and stay on the floor. Mark picks me up and puts me on my feet.

"We're so not in the mood Gemma, how long!" He yells.

"About a year." I whimper. Josh looks at Mark, witheringly.

"Really dude? This has gone on for a year and you noticed nothing?" He asks dryly.

"How was I supposed to know?" He protested. Josh sighs, and shakes his head.

"Why did you look for a job?" He asks. "Does Mom and Dad know?" I shake my head.

"No." I say. "They don't. I don't know why. Something to do. Money." Josh perks up at that. Oops.

"How much do you earn?" He asks curiously. I look down, seeing where this is going.

"How much?" He asks again, raising his voice.

"Fifteen an hour." I mumble. Mark whistles, and Josh grins.

"How often do you work?" He asks, sitting down on the bed. I sigh, trying to hold back the tears.

"Every weekend, and nearly every afternoon after school." I say, defeated. He smiles, and looks at Mark.

"This is great. More than enough." He says. "Where's the money you've earn't so far?" My eyes widen. This I have to try and lie my way out of.

"I gave it away." I said quickly.

"You gave it away?" Mark snorts, obviously not believing me.

"Aha."

"Who to?"

"Sick kids in Africa."

"Liar."

"The poor things."

"Give it to us."

"Think of the childr-" I'm cut off, by a large smack, as Josh slaps me across the face. He laughs in my face.

"You tell us where that money is right now." Josh says.

"It's the only money I've got." I seethe. "For college. To get away from this town."

"All the more reason to tell us than." I sigh, realising there is no way out of this.

"In my room." I say.

"How much?"

"About three grand." I say. "Maybe more." Josh's eyes light up, and he grins at Mark.

"Perfect." He says. "I think we just found a use for you after all."

<><><><><><><><><>

Josh quickly says goodbye to Mark, and shoves me in the car. Through the whole drive home, he talks about how great this is going to be.

"This three grand can pay off some debts." He says happily.

"What debts?" I ask. He chuckles, and sharply turns a corner.

"Let's just say there's a reason I didn't want to meet Liam in person." I snort at his bravery, and then smile.

"Well, good luck with that one now." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Considering he moved in next door." I choke, as he slams on the brake.

"WHAT?" He yells. I laugh humorously.

"When I saw him in the alley, I recognised him. Him and his gang has moved in next door." He stares at me wide eyed. For a couple of seconds, he doesn't move. He then relaxes, then smiles.

"Oh well. It will be fine now I can pay him back." He continues driving, and we arrive home. As we get out the car, I see Liam and his friends working on their bikes out the front. What are these people's problems? It's three in the morning. Go to bed! Liam sees Josh, and laughs.

"Got a problem?" My brother yells. Idiot.

"Well, you do owe me another three grand for that delivery we did tonight." He says grinning. He sees me and smiles. "Hey pretty thing." Josh laughs, and nods.

"Well, thanks to this 'pretty thing', you'll have your money tonight." Before I can see or hear Liam's reaction, Josh throws me inside. Mum and Dad are at work, so we're home alone. We go upstairs, and enter my bedroom. He slumps on my bed and sighs.

"Oh, you just redeemed yourself Gemma." He says. "We'll lay off you for now, if you just behave." At least that's a plus. I can't believe I've lost it. All of it. My whole stash. Goodbye University of New York. "Well go get it all." He says, scrolling on his phone. I walk over to my nightside table, and open my jewellery box. I take out the envelope, and give it to him. He counts it all, and smiles.

"Good work Gemma." He says, and kisses my forehead. "Good girl. Now go and give it to Liam." He gets up. "I'm going to bed. Go to sleep straight after. You have work tomorrow." He grins, and leaves. I sigh, I'm exhausted. Pretend prostitution and drug smuggling, really makes you tired. I change into my pyjamas, yoga pants and a long sleeved V-shirt, then head outside. They're all still there, tinkering with their bikes. Liam looks up and sees me. He smirks.

"Here to finish Josh's dirty work?" He asks, cleaning his hands on a rag. I wordlessly give him the envelope. "What?" He teases. "No feisty reply? No smart ass answer?"

"I just lost my life savings and my dignity in one night." I say, emotionlessly. "I just need to sleep. Just take the envelope." Before he can reply, I drop the envelope near his feet, and run inside. I shut the door, and sigh. Damn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...