How I Met You

By modernism

"Hey." It all started with that three lettered word in a mysterious text from an unknown California... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six Teaser
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine

Chapter Thirty Four

47.5K 719 42
By modernism

-Chapter Thirty Four-

“That was so good!” I sighed and pushed my plate away. I was full. I had already consumed my three pancakes, some bacon, and my omelet. Don’t forget the two cups of orange juice.

“Good? It was delicious!” Danielle said, swallowing her last bite. Her plate was completely cleared. I literally mean there was nothing on it at all, not even a single crumb. What did she do, lick it clean? And I am still wondering how she can still maintain the perfect shape. Have been for longer than I can remember, really.

“Thanks for breakfast, Lily!” I exclaimed, smiling. It was really good. I would eat more. . . If I could. I should probably work all this food off later. Maybe go for a run or something.

“You’re welcome,” she replied.

I stood up from my seat at the kitchen nook. “I’m going to go wake up London and the guys,” I announced.

“No, let me,” Lily said, smiling.

“Okay? You’re working really hard this morning, aren’t you?” I chuckled. “What’s up with that?”

“Nothing, Alex. I guess I’m just a little cheery! That’s all. I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, then.” I sat back down and watched her exit the room. “She seems a little too happy,” I voiced my thoughts to Danielle, suspicion dripping from my words.

“Maybe she’s plotting to murder you... In your sleep... With a big knife. After all, you did break her heart, right?”

“Danielle!”

“Take a joke, hon. Maybe she is just trying to mend the relationship between you two. It was pretty screwed up after you decided to sleep with Jake.” She giggled.

“I didn’t sleep with him!” I slapped her arm and grabbed my plate, taking it to the sink so it could be washed off.

“Well, that’s probably what Lily thinks. That’s another reason for her to not like you. Ha, oh well.”

“You’re so good at this, Dan,” I told her sarcastically. I took a sponge in my hand and started scrubbing the bacon grease and syrup off my plate.

“Why, thank you.” She smiled stood up. “I need another piece of bacon.”

“How are you not fat yet?” I bluntly asked her.

“I don’t know. Because I work out?” She gave me a look; one that said duh.

“You do not work out.” I deadpanned. I have never seen her pick up any kind of weight in any kind of way, shape, or form.

“Then why do I have a six pack?”

“Because the soccer coach was really harsh. I was there too, remember?” I asked her. Yeah, I was beginning to get some abs during the season, but the coach was so mean to us. We got a new one, eventually, because Coach Sullivan, the previous coach, was too aggressive and she got fired. I have to say though, she was a really good coach for us. She knew our limits and when to stop.

“Well Sullivan really pushed me for, what, two months before she got fired? My six pack is gradually turning into a one pack, though,” she said and sighed, frowning. She poked at her stomach.

I rolled my eyes at her with a smile on my face, and decided to help clean up the rest of the plates. “I wonder why.”

“Hey, Alex,” a husky voice sounded behind me, and his feet padded against the tile floor. I smirked as two hands covered my eyes. “Guess who.”

“Hmm. . .” I knew it was Jake, but why not play along, right? “Danielle?”

“Hey! I do not sound like an old man!” Dan exclaimed from the other side of the kitchen. It would be weird if she did sound like an old man. . .

I chuckled at the thought of Dan with an old man voice and replied to Jake. “I don’t know. Can I have a hint?”

“What kind of hint?” he whispered in my ear, making goose bumps erupt all over my body.

“What about that goodnight kiss that I never got?” I took his hands off of my eyes and turned around.

I was practically in awe when I saw him. Bed hair plus sleepy voice plus no shirt can really get a girl drooling. Well, at least when it’s Jake we’re talking about. “That’s good enough for me,” he replied.

My lips curved up as I leaned in, meeting him half way.

“Get a room,” another male voice said. Mason.

I pulled away from Jake before anything even started.

“What was that, man?” Jake asked him.

“Sorry, but you’re just lucky that I stopped it before Lily came in with London and flooded the room with more of her tears,” Mason told him in a low tone of voice. “I don’t exactly like seeing my little cousin all hurt like that. She’s like my sister.”

I smiled. He was just looking out for Lily. “Okay, Mason. Next time, we’ll get a room.”

“Good.” Mason returned his smile with one that was almost as great as Jake’s.

“Well, you two can go eat as much food as you want. Lily made breakfast for everyone,” I told the two of them. "And Jake, you should probably put a shirt on since my parents will be home any minute. Don't need my dad killing you. Your blood would ruin Vicky's floor."

“Hardy-har. Okay, thank you for your very nice warning, We’ll continue this later,” Jake said, winking at me.

I felt the blush spread across my face, but ignored it. Meanwhile, Mason went to go treat Danielle with a good morning kiss. I looked at them plainly and called out, “Get a room!”

Mason chuckled, breaking the kiss, and made his way to the food.

I looked at my phone, reading the time. It was ten fourteen.

The front door opened, and I heard voices come from the front of the house. “I’m home!” Peyton yelled, hoping someone would hear her.

“No one cares!” I yelled back and made my way to the foyer where my family awaited me.

“Honey, be nice to your sister,” Mom demanded.

I sighed. “Fine, I’ll try my best. Did you brink back my two favorite cousins?”

“Yes, she did!” Sophie spoke, coming through the door. She was three years older than me, making her twenty-one. So was Jacob, her brother; they were twins. The two of them were my mom’s brother’s kids.

“Yay!” I beamed as she pounced on me and engulfed me in a hug.

“I missed you!! You’ve grown so much!”

“I missed you, too! And look at you!” I pulled out of the hug to take in her appearance. She is gorgeous! Her blonde hair stopped just past her shoulders in flowy waves. Her blue eyes sparkled as she looked at me.

“Did I hear an Alex somewhere?” Jacob sauntered into the room carrying a suitcase. “Oh, there she is!” He had dark brown hair with corresponding eyes as his sister’s.

“Jacob!” I exclaimed.

“Alex!” he copied me, putting the bags down. Wait, bags?

“Are you two staying here?”

“Nope, we’re just carrying around suitcases for fun,” Sophie answered.

“Oh, makes sense,” I replied sarcastically. “How long are you going to be here?”

“Until Friday,” Jacob said.

“But, that’s only until tomorrow!” I pouted.

“Don’t worry, A. We’ll still see ya around,” Sophie said. “Now! Where is that little boyfriend of yours?”

My eyes went round. “Who told you?”

“Peyton. According to her, he is some kind of sexy Abercrombie model? Is that right, now?”

Great, now my little sister has a crush on him, too? I thought to myself.

“Yeah, his name is―”

“Jake Austin Carter? Yeah, I know who he is.”

How does she know his middle name? I didn’t even know that! Wait, I forgot. Jake is a family friend. Does everyone know him?

She took notice of the look on my face. “He’s a family friend. And, he went to the same high school as me for a year. Don’t forget all the times he came to me for girl advice.”

I laughed. Makes sense. “Well, he is in the kitchen, for your information.” My parents and Payton had already gone upstairs to their rooms.

Don’t you just love how everyone is here but the owners of the house? I sighed, noticing that I was the only one standing in the hallway since Jacob and Sophie had gone to greet the others. I walked back to the kitchen.

Tomorrow is Blake’s big party, and I still have no idea what I’m going to wear. Great. I groaned and entered the kitchen.

“Sup, guys!” Jacob said, referring to Jake and Mason.

I walked over to Danielle and decided to zone everyone else out. “Apparently, everyone in my family knows who Jake is.”

“Well, isn’t that convenient?” She laughed. “What are the odds?”

“I guess it is. Hey, did you ever pick out your dress?” I asked her.

“No, not yet. London said that she was going to help us. She already has her outfit.”

“We have to get our dresses soon, you know,” I told her. I don’t know why I waited this long.

“Yeah, I know. The party is tomorrow night.”

* * *

For the next few hours, London, Lily, Danielle, Sophie, and I picked out some dresses at the mall. We had decided to go here and pay for our own instead of raiding Vicky’s closet again. Well, we decided to go to the mall after we didn’t find anything super fantastic in Vicky’s closet, but who cares, right? Same difference.

 When I mentioned the party to the other girls, Sophie decided that she wanted to come too. She said that she missed going to all of Blake’s wild parties, and she wanted to spend some more time with me.

I picked my dress out already. It was a tight fitting, sleek, strapless black dress that didn’t quite reach my knees. The dress had silver sequins on it that were arranged in some kind of pretty floral pattern. It hugged me all in the right places, and I was planning on wearing it with my hair down and in loose curls. I was also able to find a really nice pair of four-inch heels to go with it. I might kill my feet all through the night wearing them, but hey, beauty hurts.

Shortly after I picked my dress out, Danielle found a nice one for herself. She also chose a strapless, sequined dress with a nice pattern on it.It fit her perfectly, showing off her tanned body, and it was just a tad bit shorter than mine was.

London and Lily wouldn’t tell us what they were going to wear because they wanted it to be a surprise, and as for Sophie, she was going to come back here, to the mall, tomorrow with some of her other friends to pick out a dress.

I can’t wait for the party now. I’m so excited! I haven’t been to one since Christian left my little bubble of people I care about. I have a feeling it’s going to be a lot of fun tomorrow night.

Hello! This was one of those boring-filler kind of chapters. Yeah, we all hate them! Hahaha xD Anyways, I hope you liked it. I wanted to introduce Sophie and Jacob. First person to comment gets a dedication, you know the drill! ;D

             ~Storylover11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 2.1K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
1.4M 41.8K 52
It only took one night to completely change my life. Jace Hetcher is a rich badboy and a total player. Now I, Chrysanthemum Everston, am having his b...
122K 1.6K 50
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
112K 5K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...