Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
13 | Welcome To UA
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
15 | Possibility
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
18 | Its Time
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
26 | Threat
27 | Mistakes
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

2 | Quirkless No More

3.7K 136 10
By vintage_gigi

\\ Original Timeline //
\\ At The Hospital //

.

.

.

Light.

It was the first thing I registered when I woke up. And the first thing I heard was my mother's gasp.

"Oh my- Rini you're awake! Honey call the doctor!"

As soon as I registered her voice, I glanced over to my right and saw her hovering over me with tears welling up in her eyes. She held onto my hand tightly, but not to the point where she squeezed and cut off circulation. I also heard footsteps rush out of the room and I suspected it was my dad.

To orient myself, I blinked a few times and noticed my situation. I was in the hospital wrapped under warm sheets and hooked up to a drip and monitor. There were a few padded wires stuck to my head too. And when I looked around the room, I noticed a bunch of flowers and balloons.

Just like in the last vision I saw before I passed out.

At the time, I knew my quirk manifesting was the reason I ended up in a hospital. But what I did not know was my quirk jumped me ten years into the future and my mind could not handle said mental trip to the future, so it took a snooze to recover. . . And I was about to find out just how long of a snooze I had.

"Oh my sweet baby, how do you feel? Are you alright? How's your head? Do you feel any pain? Do you need any water? Are you comfortable?" My mom fired off questions faster than I could process.

All I could do was blink at her.

"Rini. . . please say something. It's been ten days. What do you remember?" she pleaded then caressed my cheek with her tender hand.

Ten days.

That's how long I slept for jumping a decade into the future.

The fact alone did not register completely in my head at the time, but I would soon learn for every year I looked into the future, I'd sleep a whole twenty-four hours. If I did the math: for every month I looked into the future, I'd sleep for two hours. And for every day, it'd be roughly four minutes. Anything less would be a headache.

But in reply to my mom's question, I looked down at my legs hiding under the sheets and began pondering over the lengthy vision. I wondered who that purple haired boy named Shinso was and when I would meet him. Then I recalled the other parts of my vision and wondered when, in time, did those all take place.

My thoughts were interrupted when my dad and the doctor suddenly entered the room.

"It's very good to see you awake!"

My mom and I acknowledged the lady now coming to my bedside with my dad in tow. As the doctor checked the instruments above my head and rambled on with similar questions my mom asked, my dad stepped around the bed and returned to my mothers side all while keeping his eyes on me. I had never seen such worry in his eyes before, and then he gave me a comforting look.

"You gave us quite the scare. How are you feeling?" He asked with a warm fatherly tone.

My mouth opened, but I couldn't get the words out, so I shut it with a small frown. It wasn't like I couldn't speak, it was more like my mind was so whipped after my mental future leap that I didn't know how to answer the question.

"She hasn't said anything yet. Is something wrong?" My mom told my dad before directing her question to the doctor.

I looked up and briefly studied the middle aged Doctor after my mom put a spotlight on her. She wore a normal doctors coat and a stethoscope dangling around her neck. She had long black hair held back in a ponytail with two white strands loosely framing her face. Her eyes were a pretty golden honey color and she wore a warm smile.

"That is a bit worrying, but I'll conduct my checkup now, Mrs. Otani," she said before looking down at me. "Good evening, my name is Dr. Go. Can you tell me yours?" she greeted respectfully with a clipboard in her hand.

With great effort, I shut my eyes briefly and cleared my throat before answering.

"Rini," I muttered, and my parents sighed with joyful relief.

"It's nice to meet you Rini," Dr. Go smiled warmly at me. "You have very pretty pink hair."

After her compliment, I nervously gave a nod, but the gesture made me wince. My mom and dad instantly reached out to comfort me, and Dr. Go frowned.

"I'm so sorry, let me get ," she stated.

My mom and dad gave curt nods then allowed her to do her job. She then gently placed a hand on my forehead, causing me to look up at her. When our eyes met, she gently removed her hand and offered a tender smile.

"I'm going to ask you some questions now and you have to answer them as best as you can, is that alright Rini?"

I gave a small slow nod.

"Alright. Your mom may have already told you, but you've been in a deep sleep for the past ten days. And from what your parents informed me, you said you saw something before you fell asleep. Is that true?"

"Y-Yes," I answered.

"Okay. Can you tell me what happened? And what you saw?"

I took a moment to think and answered slowly:

"We were going to have ramen for wunch. . . And my mom tried to give me the spoon but then I closed my eyes and my head started hurting. Then I saw a bunch of flashes and then a calendar. . . Then I saw the calendar pages flipping but in them were, like. . . videos? Or like pictures?

"And I saw myself talking to people. I saw a boy with purple hair by my neighborhood playground first, and he looked lonely so I said hi and we started playing together."

At this, my dad furrowed his brows. His dad instincts clearly got the better of him, and my mom gently placed a hand on his arm for some form of reassurance as I continued my explanation.

"Then I saw him again but he looked older, and I yelled at another boy who was making fun of us. . . Then it showed me another time but we were talking about an exam. . . And then it stopped when I was in a big classroom with big kids. . ."

"Teenagers?" Dr. Go offered me the word.

"Yeah!" I said while shining an appreciative smile. "And we were in a big classroom with others, but two were talking loudly at each other. A boy with blue hair and yellow hair. . . And then I saw a boy with green hair and a girl with brown hair coming through the door. . . Then that same boy with purple hair was sitting in front of me, and he said my name. But after that it all stopped and the calendar flipped pages but it was back- back-" I moved my hands in a reverse manner.

"Backwards? Like in reverse?" Dr. Go picked up on what I was trying to say.

"Yeah!" I chirped. "And then after that my head started hurting really bad. . . It still hurts. . . And then I saw us here. I was in this bed and those same balloons were in the corner," I added while pointing at them.

When I finished, she took a step back and stared at me with a certain look of awe in her eyes.

"Very interesting. . ." She muttered.

After a few seconds, she snapped out of it and got a tiny flashlight from her coat to continue my checkup.

"You said you closed your eyes and then you saw everything, so I'm going to check your eyes now. Try not to blink for me."

I gave a nod and kept my eyes wide open as she flashed the small light to get a reaction. It was hard, but when she finished I blinked rapidly to get rid of the awkward feeling.

When it was over, she briefly looked down at her clipboard notes with an indecipherable look. She scanned the pages while my parents and I waited with worried expressions for her to say something.

After a moment, she turned to my parents with a quizzical look.

"Her record here says her eyes are teal, but they've turned lavender now," she pointed out to my parents.

My mom and dad immediately stepped closer to examine my eyes. I remained still as they literally got in my face. They had perplexed expressions on their faces, until my moms expression morphed into joy.

"They have changed," she smiled.

"Yes. This is actually a clear sign of mutation that occurs sometimes when a quirk manifests. . ." Dr. Go stated with a smile, but her brows furrowed when she looked down at her notes. "Mr. Otani, your quirk is registered as Spatial Awareness, correct? And Mrs. Otani, your quirk is registered as Lullaby, correct?"

My mom looked at my dad with a worried expression. The way Dr. Go asked made it seem like it was a bad thing. Out of worry, my mom gently held onto my father and he wrapped an arm around her before they both answered:

"Yes."

"Hm. . . What quirks do your parents have?" She questioned after looking up from her clipboard.

My mom and dad glanced at each other again, unsure of where these questions were leading, but my mom started off.

"Well, I inherited my mothers quirk Lullaby, but I can put people into a deep sleep that can last hours. And my father can manipulate the properties of wood and trees."

"My mother has x-ray vision and my father can distort peoples vision to make things appear wavy. Their quirks are polar opposites but that's how they met," my dad briefly explained.

Dr. Go nodded at their answers. She then looked at me for a moment before turning and asking my parents in a quiet and awestruck voice:

"Are you familiar with the rare perception quirk called Future Vision?"

My mom and dad immediately turned to look each other in the eyes, then back at me, then landed their gaze on Dr. Go once more.

"Yes. . . Are you saying this is her quirk?" My dad asked with an intrigued tone.

"It is highly possible based on my deductions," she answered with a smile.

As my mom comforted me with a happy smile and hug, Dr. Go and my father talked about confirming my quirk. She explained that they didn't have a staff member with a quirk that can confirm quirk qualities so that's where her quirk would step in.

Her quirk Deduction allows her to know when others are telling the truth after she touches them. She explained to my dad that she used it on me earlier when she touched my forehead, so everything I said was in fact true.

Then she explained that based on her notes and what she gathered, my quirk is one of the rare mutational Perception quirks that allows me to see the future. And based on what I revealed, she estimated I could see ten years into the future since I mentioned seeing a classroom full of teenagers: Class 1A at UA.

"Ten years into the future? Is that why she slept for ten days?" My dad questioned.

"It seems so. . . But to confirm this, we will monitor her for the time being and keep her overnight. Do you consent to this decision?" Dr. Go asked my parents.

"You have my consent. Anything to ensure my baby's health, I give my consent," my mom answered with a tearful smile as she coddled me.

"You have my consent as well," my father said with an equal amount of vigor as my mom.

"Alright. I will be right back to conduct another checkup with my nurse. I'll give you a moment. . . Congrats for getting your quirk, Rini," Dr. Go said with a warm smile before leaving the room.

My parents gave nods while I simply stared at Dr. Go. I'm sure my lack of excitement was worrying to them since my dad came to my side with a soft look in his eyes.

"What's the matter Rini? You got your quirk! And it's way cooler than me and your moms!" He said with a small laugh.

After he said that, it finally sunk in.

I finally got my quirk. It wasn't a combat type quirk, but it was still cool and extremely useful. Which meant I could become a Hero.

And once I came to that conclusion, a dumb grin grew on my face.

"I can be a Hero!" I squealed while punching my fist into the air. But I immediately held my head afterwards.

My parents laughed at my outburst then hugged me.

"I'm sure your aunt Nemuri will be happy to hear that. She bought you all those balloons you know," my mom smiled.

"She did? Aw I wish I got to see her and say thanks. . . I miss her hugs," I hummed at the thought of my aunty.

The world knew her as Pro Hero Midnight. But I knew her as my super cool aunty. For clarification, my grandma's sister is her mom, and that makes my mom and her first cousins. But I still call her aunty.

"Don't worry, she said she'll visit again," my mom replied. "She was hoping you'd get a quirk similar to the women in our family, like me, her, and your grandma."

At this, my dad pouted.

"What about me?"

"My family's genes are stronger," my mom stuck her tongue out childishly at him.

My dads hurt expression was gold, causing my mom and I to burst into another fit of laughter.

For the next couple of minutes, we enjoyed the special celebratory moment all families have when their child gets their quirk. It was bliss, happiness, and all the words you can use to describe joy.

If only they knew what my quirk truly was and the trouble it would cause in the future.

.

.

.

\\ The Next Day //

.

.

.

After a series of checkups and tests, Dr. Go said that I was cleared to leave in the afternoon. She talked with my parents explaining that my quirk was extremely rare, like warp quirks, and that the drawback is due to my mothers quirk. Instead of putting people to sleep, I go to sleep.

While standing in front of me and my parents, she said in great detail:

"It appears that Rini's quirk activates when she closes her eyes and she doesn't seem to rely on stimuli. I presume the further she sees into the future the more intense the headache. And anything further, say a year, causes her to sleep twenty-four hours."

Dr. Go paused to scribble a quick prescription.

"In your freetime at home, help her train to see the future within an hour or a day and anything beyond that will cause a severe headache and nap. I advise against letting her see too far. Since she'll be getting accustomed to using her quirk for the next few days, I'll prescribe some mild pain relievers for the days she sees a little too far into the future."

"Thank you so much Dr. Go," my mom thanked her with a respectful bow, and my dad followed her lead.

"Its my pleasure to help. Your daughter has a bright future ahead of her!" Dr. Go said with a cheerful voice. "All that's left for you to do now is get her registered. And I have the paperwork right here."

While my dad dealt with the paperwork, my mom got me ready to leave. She put on my shoes in less than a minute and effortlessly placed me on her hip. Then she grabbed the balloons with her free hand and returned to my fathers side.

With the paperwork in sight, I read the details Dr. Go put down regarding my changed eye color and my quirk: Future Vision. However, she left the quirk description section blank. And before my parents could ask, she said quietly in a foreboding tone:

"As a Doctor, and a mother myself, my duty is to ensure my patient's health and safety. With that said, I am not obligated to write the details of your daughter's quirk, and I highly recommend you don't disclose this information with anyone either."

"What do you mean?" My mother asked.

"For your daughters safety, don't share details regarding how she uses her quirk and the length she can travel. Some people. . ." Dr. Go trailed as she debated on using the word "villains" in her sentence. She finished by saying, ". . . who do not have good intentions might want to take advantage of her power."

My dad straightened up at her statement. He, as well as my mom, knew who she meant by using the broad word "people."

"Although this is troubling to consider, thank you for telling us. We'll be sure to keep the details of her quirk vague and within the family," My dad said and my mom gave a nod.

"Alright, that is good to hear. All I have to do now is sign. . ." Dr. Go trailed as she took the pen and added her signature at the bottom of the page. "And you're all set!"

"Thank you so much Dr. Go for you and your teams help. . . And for assuring me she'll be fine for the past ten days," my mother expressed her heartfelt gratitude with a few stray tears. And my dad comforted her by wrapping his arm around her waist.

As a child, I didn't understand how much stress I put my parents through when I received my quirk until my mother said that. So, I clung to her as a form of an apology since I could not fathom how hard it must've been for them to see me unmoving in a bed for ten days.

"Aw, you don't have to thank me. If anything I wanted to commend you for staying strong for your daughter," Dr. Go offered a warm smile.

With that, my mom maintained her strong composure and gave a smile in reply. Dr. Go understood her gesture and soon we began to head out the room while saying our goodbyes. Before we could get too far though, Dr. Go called out for me this time.

"And Rini, can you pinky promise that you'll keep it a secret and you won't overuse your quirk?"

Despite it being childish, I knew she did it to appeal to my five year old logic. And it worked.

"Y-Yes," I answered and wrapped my pinky with hers.

"Good," She released my pinky. "I wish you all the best," she said one final goodbye.

My parents and I said goodbye as well then headed for the exit. As the balloons bounced around each other creating background noise, my mom held me tight in her arms while my dad helped open the doors for us.

After that day, I didn't tell anyone about my quirk.

That is until I met the purple hair boy.

My future friend Hitoshi Shinso.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 250 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
22.5K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
83.3K 3.2K 31
COMPLETED Virtual. An underground pro-hero with a quirk similar to that of telepathy but can transmit a whole scenario into someone's mind. Through t...
815K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...