Dare To Love

Від cleopatras_heart

Sunlyn Carter is given a promotion to a chair member at a company in London. Giving her a new chapter in life... Більше

Dare To Love
TIKTOK
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT- THE END
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE PT. 2

EIGHT

15.3K 607 414
Від cleopatras_heart

Chapter Eight| Dario

She's been avoiding me. Well more than usual.

For the past couple of mornings, we would have our traditional banter in the elevator. I would give her multiple compliments and she would always smile and say thank you. Or say something about how I'm trying to get back in her pants. Which is kind of true, but Sunlyn is really just a beautiful woman.

I'd kill to have her long legs wrapped around my body again, to have her coming against my tongue again. I always follow up, asking if she thought about the idea of us. The first time, she said she was still thinking, then the next morning, I think she was starting to weigh her options.

"So, why are you so persistent about this date?" she asks.

I turn and smile at her, "Because...because we would be kidding ourselves if we pretended that there isn't an attraction, we have towards each other."

She sits there for a while thinking, "Hmmm" she says.

"Hmmm," I respond back. Then, the elevator door opened up and she walked out, not before saying.

"Have a nice day, Dario." 

Not Mr. Knight, just Dario.

I finally thought she was finally coming around. But, now I'm not so sure. I didn't see her in the elevator yesterday morning or this morning. And every time I pass her through the office, she goes out of her way to go the other way. Was I coming on too strong? I go through all of the possible scenarios in my head. While watching her speak during the meeting, walking around the front of the room, in a tight black pencil skirt and black dress shirt. The skirt really shapes her curves perfectly, I could feel my pants tighten around my crotch.

After she finished presenting, another member concluded the meeting and Sunlyn started to pack up. I try to get to her on the other side of the room.

"Mr. Knight, you are looking handsome as always," Shelia says caressing my arm, she's on the older side. And doesn't know how to keep her hands to herself.

"Mrs. Scott, I don't think your husband would be delighted to see you touching on another man," I say, removing her cold hands from me. She gave a defeated look. Looking up from her I notice Sunlyn isn't in the room anymore.

"So, I've heard you are investing in a hotel in Dubai, I have some partners, over there and-"

"If you'll excuse me," I say interrupting her and walking out of the conference room. I was bored of the conversation and I just wanted to talk to my Sunlyn.

Walking through the halls, I see her, with her back towards me talking to Pierce. Why is he here? And why the fuck would she be talking to him? Then, they are laughing together, are you serious? I could barely get her to smile at me. But, she is laughing with this idiot. I need to stop this.

"Pierce," I growl, practically running toward them. Eager to get my woman away from him, wrapped my arm around her waist possessively.

"Ah, Mr. Knight, I was just talking to this lovely woman, Ms. Carter, was it?" he asks looking at my arm around her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him before Sunlyn can respond to his question. She looks between us, analyzing the situation. But not saying anything.

"What? I can't visit an old friend," he says. I look at him, not buying his explanation for being here.

"We have some things to discuss," shifting his gaze to Sunlyn, then right back to me. "Privately."

I take a deep breath, "Well if you want to speak, privately. You need to make an appointment through my assistant until you do that. I think it would be best for you to leave."

Challenging me with his eyes, then backing down.

"Have a nice day, Ms.Carter," he smiles at Sunlyn.

"Goodbye, Pierce," I speak up for her. He looks back up at me dropping his smile, then turns around and heads for the elevator.

While watching him walk away, Sunlyn removes my arm from her side and goes into her office. Of course, I'm hot on her tail. "So, he just walks in and all of a sudden, you are all smiles and giggles."

"You can't be serious right now, Dario," she says.

"Sunlyn, I couldn't be any more serious with you, right now. I'm tired of running around in circles, I want to be with you." Towering over her and looking deep into her eyes. "Saturday," I grab her waist bringing her closer to me. "We are going on a date."

"Says who?" She retorts.

"Says me, darling," I respond taking one hand off her waist and moving it to her chin. "Enough, with the 'what ifs' and 'buts'. I'm going to take you out and spoil you. End of story."

I leave the room before she can respond.

Getting back to my office and busied myself with work. I get an email.

I wonder you it might be from.

Dear Dario,

Even though, you were being rude and didn't ask for my number. You would probably need it for Saturday. it's 973-555-1900 and don't make me regret giving it to you. Also, if you ever walk away from me, while we are having a conversation again. I'll beat the shit out of you, Dario.

Sincerely, Sunlyn Carter.

Isn't she just a ray of sunshine? I can't wait for Saturday.

...

Sunlyn

Saturday

I really let him convince me into going on a date with him. He actually commanded me, but I'm not going to sit up here and lie. I like when he gets dominant like that, but not too much because I won't hesitate to whoop his ass. But, honestly, after that little moment of ours in his office, I can't stop thinking about him, he won't let me stop thinking about him. So, I had nothing to do but give him a chance.

He texted me earlier to be ready by 7.

I decide to start getting ready earlier because it takes time to look this good. Searching through my closet for something that made me look cute but at the same time, I'm a whore vibe. If you get what I'm saying.

Cute colors to match the fall season.

It's almost 7, Dario should be here soon. Then, my phone does off.

Dario: omw

I quickly text him back, 'Ok' and I go to look at myself in my full-body mirror. I hope he likes my outfit, what am I even saying I look good as fuck. He better like it. After fifteen minutes of waiting, there is a knock at my front door. Opening the door to Dario, scanning my entire body.

"Hello to you too," I speak up.

"Sorry, darling. It's just...you look gorgeous." He says

"Thank you," I say. "You look handsome as always."

He's dressed in black dress pants and a polo shirt. with his top two buttons undone, showing off his chest. I swear when he catches a cold, I will just laugh at him because who told him to come outside looking this? But, then again he has his long black coat on, so he'll be alright.

"You ready?" he asks.

"Yeah, let me just get my coat." I lead him into the living room and then I go into my closet and grab my coat, then my keys, purse, and phone on the way out of the apartment. He ushers me into a grey Porsche truck.

"What happened to the Mercedes?" I ask.

"it's in my garage," He says opening the passenger door for me.

"You have two cars?"

"I have eight." He says, then shuts my door for me. Oh, I knew he had money, but not eight cars type of money.

He jumps in the car, quickly starting it up. We start to drive towards the busy parts of the city, I love how even at night the city is still alive. Reminds a lot of back home. Dario moves his hand to my thigh and leaves in there, through the entire ride. We sit in comfortable silence with the radio lowly playing in the background.

"You know I just realize you never told me, where we are going," I say.

"You will know when we get there, darling," he says, then lightly squeezes my thigh. I bite my lip, Dario please don't make me act up in this car right now.

I put my hand on top of his, and twist the rings around his fingers. We arrive at a lovely restaurant front. After escorting me out of the car, we walk into a busy restaurant.

"Ah, Mr. Knight, right this way." the hostess walked us through the restaurant. Damn, that was the fastest service I've ever had. A girl could get used to this life.

He takes us to a more exclusive and quiet part of the restaurant.

"May I take your coats?" I shrug off my coat before sitting down and handing it to the hostess. I notice his eyes lingering on my cleavage before I could readjust my dress.

"Thank you," I start to cover up my chest.

Dario quickly noticed his stare, so he signaled him over, whispering in his ear. The man's eyes widen in fright before Dario gave his coat to him, and sat down.

"What'd you say to him?" I asked, curiously.

"I told him if he look at you like that again, I'd break his face," he spoke in the calmest manner.

"Dario, you didn't have to do that. I was fine." I say

"No, you weren't fine. And he should know better than to make my woman feel uncomfortable."

'My woman', this man I just can't.

"Are you even able to fire him?"

"I own the place, baby," he says.

"Another one?" I say. Dario then tells me about all of the investments he has around the city. And his newer ones, he's making in Dubai. I ain't no golddigger, but all I hear is dollar signs, baybee.

We order platters of different types of sushi, and he makes sure I get the entire bottle of rose. Our conversation topics go from childhood memories, work, and my life back in New York. "Ducks, you're afraid of ducks, Dario" I snort.

"That is a legitimate fear, Sunlyn. My inner five-year-old self still hasn't gotten over it," he says

"You know you're probably a duck's biggest fear now, you are fucking huge," I say.

"I don't care, every time I see one I walk the other way,"

"Well, next time I'll protect you, don't worry." I lean over and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles. After dinner, we decide to go for a walk around the area. I wrap my arm around his. Snuggling into his side.

"You know you never told me how old you were?" I say.

"I'm thirty-five, " he says and takes a sip of his drink.

"Thirty-five?" I say surprised.

"What you don't like older men?" he scoffs.

"No, it's not that, it's just you look so young for your age," I say.

"I get that a lot."

I turn to face him, "Well, in that case, I do see a couple of grey hairs forming. " He quickly pulls out his phone and checks his hair. I start to laugh at him.

"Darling, you can't play around like that."

I hug him and laughed, "I'm sorry, Did I hurt my old man's feelings?"

"Yeah, well I wasn't an old man when you were coming all over this dick."

"OMG, Dario shut up, we are in public." He laughs.

We sit down on the park bench and look at the view of Tower Bridge. I rest my head on his shoulder. "Look, if we do this I want to be civil in the office," I say

"And by civil you mean..."

"I mean, no more surprise flowers or attacking guys that talk to me, and definitely no sex in your office.."

"Come on baby, now you're trying to kill me," he says.

"Whatever, just promise me you'll be civil."

"Fine, you will see a civil Dario in the office," he says. "Now, enough with the office talk. All this time together and I haven't had the chance to kiss you.

He cups my cheeks, I make smoochie lips him. "Is this my invitation?"

"It sure is."

He then takes his time kissing me. Fuck, his lips are so soft. I definitely missed this. He slips his tongue in, taking his time with me.

This man always knows how to make me weak for him. I can't get enough of him.

...

<3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

31.1K 625 16
He shouldn't want her.. She's nothing but trouble with a capital T. But after one steamy drunken night he can't help himself. But that is where the f...
The One She Needed Від Chanté_24

Сучасна проза

184K 10.1K 35
Her smirk tempts all to spend a single Night or more inside Her continent. To take Pleasure in Her tunnels soaked with honey and milk. Rolling off t...
Lowkey Від leiiii403

Романтика

3.4M 83.7K 75
Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known. Her hourglass figure and glowing grey ey...
39.9K 1.2K 27
Inaya Fae Vesper 21 Living in Chicago with a very successful business that she's worked hard for. She deserved it and also had the held with her moth...