I Will Protect You (Josuke x...

By FreeFlyer68

Y/n was close friends with Josuke Higashikata in the town of Morioh. Without having a stand she was left defe... More

A Turtle
It's Called a Stand
Friends
Angelo the Rock
Death by an Arrow
Waking up Differently
A Father's Love
The Nijimura Brothers
Dating Josuke Higashikata
A Lock of Guilt
Hazamada's Surface
Meeting Koichi's Girlfriend
A Love Letter
True Love
Delicious and Authentic Italian Food
Death and Resurrection
It's Today
A Baby Stand
A Visitor to Morioh
Heaven's Door
A Blinded Rage
A Normal Day in Morioh
Another Meeting
A New Stand User
Morning Tea
A Fight For Love
Shigekiyo Yangu: Harvest
Yoshikage Kira
A Vow of Silence
Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost
Leaving the Murderers House
Three Words
A Friendly Alien
A Cheated Game
Feet
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 1
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 2
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 3
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 4
The Aftermath
The Killer Known as Yoshikage Kira
The Summer of 1999

Akira Otoishi

3.1K 118 84
By FreeFlyer68

   " There it is. The old man's ship is on time. It's about twenty minutes away. " Jotaro said, using Star Platinum's eyes to look at the boat.

You stood by Josuke as the ship continued to get closer and closer. You didn't know how Josuke was going to feel about seeing his father for the first time. It worried you a little bit; you didn't want him to do anything drastic.

   " Is Joseph Joestar the only passenger? " Koichi asked.

   " He is. The crew are all from the Speedwagon Foundation. Even so, I'm sure the stand Red Hot Chili Pepper, will try to pass over the water and try to sneak on the old man's ship. Despite the fact that he's confined to areas with electricity. If he gets to Joseph first he'll kill him without a second thought. And everything we've gone through will have been for nothing. "

Everyone was in agreement that someone needed to get to the boat and protect Joseph while he sailed the rest of the way here. So Okuyasu and Josuke walked off of the peer and jumped into a boat. They started inspecting the ship, and Josuke used Crazy Diamond on the motor.

   " We've finished checking the boat! It's ready to go! " Okuyasu said, looking up at us.

   " We also checked the battery, there's no sign of him in here. We're ready to set out whenever you are. " Josuke said, looking up at Jotaro.

   " About that, only Okuyasu, Y/n, and I will go to the ship. I want you to stay here and hold down the fort with Koichi. " Jotaro said, looking straight at Josuke.

   " Stay here? But you'll need back up won't you? " Koichi asked.

   " Yeah, he's right! " Josuke retaliated.

   " Guys, it's best if you stay here. This way when Chili Pepper does get here, you can deal with him from dry land. Three people will be on the boat in case Chili Pepper makes it past you two, but we need you and Koichi to be here in case the person who controls Chili Pepper is here. If you can kill the user you can kill the stand. " I said, looking down at Josuke and glancing at Koichi. 

   " Took the words right out of my mouth. Chili Pepper won't be going by boat either. He's going to take to the sky, using a plane. That way he can ride the plane to the boat with its fuel and battery. So, if you see anything in the air, take it down. " Jotaro said, jumping in the boat.

Okuyasu got in, but before you could, Josuke grabbed your hand. You turned your head towards him and noticed the serious look he had on his face.

   " Be careful. "

   " Same to you. "

He nodded and let your hand go. You jumped into the boat and sat beside Okuyasu as Jotaro drove the motorboat towards Joseph's ship. It would take ten minutes to get to Joseph's ship, and the harbor started to get smaller and smaller the further we drove out. The water would sometimes splash into the motorboat and hit our feet, and you didn't like the feeling of your shoes getting wet. Finally, you spotted the ship as the motorboat got closer and closer. Jotaro docked the boat at the back of the ship, and the ship stopped moving in order for Okuyasu to tie the rope and connect the motorboat to the ship. Everyone left the motorboat, and Jotaro directed Okuyasu and you to go and stay with Joseph. 

   " I'm going to stay on deck and watch for a remote-controlled plane flying through the air. "

   " Got it. "

   " You can count on us. "

You and Okuyasu departed from Jotaro and started to look for Joseph Joestar's room. Eventually, you asked a crew member where he would be, and he smiled at you both and pointed to one of the doors.

   " He's in there. But he's a little senile. He couldn't find his cane earlier when it was sitting right in front of him. "

   " Thanks. "

Okuyasu opened the door and stepped inside the room while you followed after him. You closed the door and let your eyes travel around the room until they landed on a figure sitting on the couch. The old man was looking out of the window at the sea, and you wondered what he was thinking about. 

   ' He looks so deep in thought. I wonder what he's thinking about. Jotaro did say Joseph has done a lot in his lifetime. Maybe he's thinking about that? '

The old man was wearing a suit underneath his red coat. His shoes were brown, while he wore khaki tan pants. There was a light red shirt underneath his red coat with a green tie. The coat went a little past his knees, and it was red. The cuffs of the coat were pulled up a little to reveal his gloved hands. On his head, there was a leopard hat that hid the top of his head. A white beard was lying on this face while he wore small glasses. His head was turned towards the window, not giving us the time of day. He finally turned towards us, and when he spoke, his voice sounded rough and old.

   " You two. . .I don't believe we've met. Don't just stand there, introduce yourselves. "

   " I'm Okuyasu, sir. "

   " My name is Y/n. "

   " Okuyasu? Y/n? "

   " I live in Josuke's neighborhood while Y/n is his best friend and we are both stand users. "

   " Hmm? "

Joseph raised his hand to his ear, signaling that he couldn't hear Okuyasu. 

   " We're stand users! " Okuyasu yelled, putting his hand to the side of his mouth to direct the sound towards Joseph.

   " What? "

   " I said we're stand users! "

   " Eh? You're a second hand computer? "

You held in your laugh from Joseph's comment while Okuyasu got closer towards the old man.

   " We are stand users! "

   " Oh, a stand user. You young folks should really learn to speak up instead of mumbling. By the way Osomatsu I can't seem to find my cane. You wouldn't happen to know where I left it would you? "

   ' He's holding it though. '

Okuyasu looked back at you, asking for a little help, and you smiled, walking towards the two men. You sat beside Joseph, and he turned his head to look at you.

   " You're holding your cane Mr. Joestar. "

Joseph looked down at his hands and saw the cane. He smiled lightly and waved his hand in the air.

   " Oops silly me. I'm holding the damn thing right here in my hand. "

Okuyasu looked over at you and raised his eyebrow, but you waved your hand at him. The door leading into the room opened, and a man walked in wearing the Speedwagon Foundation uniform. He had purple hair that stretched to his lower back, and one strand fell to his right pectoral. 

   " Mr. Joestar, I've come to pick up your luggage sir. "

   " If it wouldn't be too much trouble, Y/n was it, would you mind answering a question? "

   " Sure, Mr. Joestar. "

The man with purple hair entered the room, shutting the door, and Okuyasu's eyes followed him.

   " Has Josuke ever mentioned me to you? The man who went sixteen years without knowing he had a son out there who needed him? Has he said anything about me at all? " Joseph asked, tilting his head down.

   " He told me once about you when we were younger. It wasn't until we became really close he talked to me about you. He didn't say much but he just said that his father hasn't been around in his life. That was the only time we've ever talked about you, though. "

   " I see. That's to be expected. "

All was silent as the boat started to shift. You looked out of the window and realized the ship had arrived at the harbor. You were almost ready to dock. You decided to talk to Joseph a little more about Josuke and make him feel even the slightest bit better.

   " Mr. Joestar, I'm not sure how Josuke is feeling right now. But I know my best friend, and I don't think he hates you. But he's keeping his mom in mind. I think if you talk with him and try to get to know Josuke, he'll open up to you. "

   " You really think so? " Joseph asked, tilting his head to look at you.

   " I do. You just need to talk to Josuke and get to know him, and he'll be more open with you. But I do know he doesn't hate you in the slightest. "

   " Thank you, dear. " Joseph said, smiling and placing his hand on one of yours.

The door was pushed open, and the man you had talked to earlier had his brows furrowed as he looked in the room.

   " Red alert! We've been boarded by the enemy! Akira Otoishi is somehow still alive! "

   " Are you kidding me? " Okuyasu asked the man at the door.

   " Take Mr. Joest--Who are you? " The man mumbled.

You stood up from the couch and stepped to Okuyasu's side. You looked at where the man's eyes trailed to and found that he was looking at the other Speedwagon Foundation worker who had purple hair. 

   " Did you say something? " Okuyasu asked

   " Did you really not hear him? " You asked your friend

   " He's--"

   " I'm the one who said it! I was trying to tell you that he's not from The Speedwagon Foundation! " The man with purple hair yelled and pointed to the brown-haired foundation worker.

   " What are you talking about!? "

   " He's the enemy! "

   " So, you're the one I have to kill? "

   " Wait, I'm on your side! "

   " Okuyasu calm down and turn towards the real enemy! " You yelled at him.

Everyone turned towards you, and you stood in front of Mr. Joestar with your stand floating beside you. Shining Knight's sword was out with his shield, ready to defend and fight the enemy stand user. You glared at the man who had purple hair and pointed at him.

   " You're Akira Otoishi. I know you're him because the other worker helped us get to Mr. Joestar's room. He could have killed us silently and thrown our bodies overboard, but he instead directed us to Mr. Joestar's room and walked away. When Okuyasu and I walked into Mr. Joestar's room and he was still alive. "

   " What are you saying, Y/n? " Okuyasu asked.

   " What I'm saying is he knew where Mr. Joestar's room was, meaning that he was on this boat long enough to know where Mr. Joestar was residing. If he was the stand user controlling Chili Pepper he would have killed Mr. Joestar as soon as possible, but he knew where Mr. Joestar's room was and Joseph Joestar was alive when we walked in. However, the man with purple hair walked in here, only a few moments ago. "

You could see the man holding Mr. Joestar's bags start to sweat, and you knew you had caught him.

   " And would Akira Otoishi really try to direct us to the right room with Mr. Joestar alive? The sweat falling down your face is telling me everything I need to know. "

Deciding not to use your stand, you took a giant step forward and punched Akira in the face. Akira fell back onto the couch, knocking the cane out of Joseph's hand. Blood dripped from his nose, and you felt accomplished with the punch. Jotaro ran into the room and saw Akira on the ground. 

   " Let me take care of him from here, you two get Joseph tut of here. "

   ' Akira must be tired or close to dead. He didn't pull out his stand to hurt Joseph. Josuke and Koichi must have done a number on him. '

You helped Mr. Joestar stand up, and you walked him out of the room with Okuyasu in front of you. When you made it to where you would step off of the boat, you let Joseph walk on his own, seeing as the walkway off was narrow. Koichi was waiting, and his eyes widened when he looked at Joseph. Josuke, however, was looking away from his father. There were a few bruises on his face, and you knew he had a long battle with Akira. Joseph tripped, and he dropped his broken cane onto the ground. Josuke caught his father before JOseph could hit the floor.

   " You should be careful. One misstep and you'll be going for an unwanted swim. "

Jotaro joined you and Okuyasu as you watched the scene unfold in front of you. Jotaro smiled slightly, and you felt your smile come to your lips. 

   " Right, sorry. . .If I had my cane I could manage by myself. But it broke a few moments ago, and it was the strangest thing. "

   " Then I don't have much of a choice. Here, you can hold on to me. " Josuke said, holding his arm out for Joseph.

You could notice Josuke's cheeks turn red, and he grabbed Joseph's hand and walked away from the ship. Okuyasu stepped off of the ship with you following behind. He picked up the parts of Mr. Joestar's cane and smiled like a kid at Christmas.

   " Hey, I just had a great idea! Josuke, should have his Crazy Diamond fix the cane! "

   " Do you even hear yourself Okuyasu!? Sometimes it's like you don't have a brain. "

   " But, why? "

   " Come on, isn't it obvious? Just this once, it's better to leave it broken. "

   " But why? Seriously? "

   " Don't worry about 'why', Okuyasu. Just know that's it's better for it to be this way. " You said, walking away from the two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5K 52
Y/n was living a normal life when she had to move. Her best friend called asking for help and of course, Y/n agrees and moves into her friend's house...
39.7K 1.5K 22
What would happen if you happened to break Jotaro Kujo's heart? What if you just didn't feel the same for him as you did for someone else? Could you...
5.5K 324 26
It is two years before the events of Stardust Crusaders. Aria is working under Joseph Joestar as his assistant. As a person who is dedicated to her p...
19.1K 637 24
It's 2002, and everything seems to be going normal in the town of Morioh. Ame is trying to find inspiration for her novels, and her former classmate...