Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 42

41 9 11
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 42

🌷Adithi POV

"Your Anterograde Amnesia ( Fancy term for a condition in which a person is unable to create new memories after an amnesia-inducing event.), isn't very bad. It's very mild" I hear my therapist say to me.

" But you had to move out from your job because even a small slip up could get you behind bars. You understand that right?" she explains to me.

Karthik insisted I go for therapy, his words and I quote "No one reacts your way when they lose their job." I mean- if I only cared about the job, because of my father I was determined to do that job, but once I understood everything that happened, I am not caring.

"Yes, doctor I understand," I tell her.

"The ongoing occupational and memory retaining therapy will help you learn new activities." She tells me.

I nod through her words.

"We will close the session for today." The doctor says. We say our goodbyes and I slowly walk out of the clinic.

I see Karthik standing by the road with his car. He always picks me up whenever I come for my therapy. He says I shouldn't be driving myself yet. After the moment we had that day, we have become closer than before.

As I reach the car I give him a tight hug and get into the car.

"I am going out with dad tomorrow." Karthik tells me as we start off on the road towards our home."That's nice, he seems to be spending time with you after retiring." I tell him.

"Yeah! I am really enjoying it!" he tells me giving me a huge smile.

🌷Karthik POV

I was on my way to pick up dad for a fun day - talking about business. In fact, this is what we enjoy doing the most. My dad started to seem like my dad. He sure is keeping his promise of being a better father. He always keeps saying I always have to be the better father for my best sons.

We both have gotten too close and as a matter of fact, I got to know he isn't like other fathers. He isn't a control freak, he asks me questions that no dad would ever ask their son. I should have known that the night he drank with me.

"Did something good happen last night? You don't seem to have enough sleep." He asks me as he enters the car.

"What the hell?" I say disgusted by the question. It's an ongoing drama though.

"What I was talking about your work. What else did you think?" he asks me wiggling his eyebrows.

I ignore that question and cross-question him myself." Where do you wanna go?" I ask him while taking the car onto the road.

"Maybe we can try an amusement park." He answers checking his watch.

"Two grown a- men in the amusement park?" I ask him, hoping he didn't catch me cursing.

"Did you try to curse?" he asks looking at me, I thought he would be angry but he is surprised.

"Sorry I didn't mean to," I tell him concentrating on driving.

"It's ok you can curse, your 29 for fucks sake." Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"I am 25 and I don't curse," I tell him, not at all getting angry that he doesn't remember my age.

"Ok 25, But why don't you curse?" he asks me curiosity radiating from his voice.

"Cause am scared of Meera?" I say out as a question myself.

"Cause she caught your collar?" my dad asks bursting out in laughter.

"Yes, Am scared of her," I tell my dad, getting used to all my friends laughing at me. Am not that dumb!

"She is the sweetest person I have ever seen. Rahul must be an idiot to lose her."My dad says, that reminds me of what happened on the babysitting day and I tell him the whole story.

"God, you should have seen his face," I tell laughing and my father laughs with me too. But soon our laughter dims as we think about the situation they both are in.

"Isn't there any way they can get together?" my dad asks, the question I have been asking myself.

"Until they feel they can be together," I tell him the truth cause how much ever we try, it depends on them.

"Your right. How is Sharath?" He asks me as always, the only question he used to ask me from before and I always thought he cared about Sharath more than me. I don't know why he is close to my dad, but he had many problems that made him close to my dad and I understand that.

"He is fine dad, Just working hard on designing the hospital," I tell him making my way to the hospital.

"Why did you bring me here?" he asks me with a confused look on his face.

"I wanted to meet my brother and also for your health check-up."

"I am fit and fine, I don't need a check-up." He snickers behind me. But as if am gonna listen to him.

We make our way to the chairman's room and we knock on the door. On hearing a very authoritative 'come in'. We both burst into laughter.

"What are you both doing here?" My brother asks standing up from his seat.

"You could be a little sweeter to people," I say laughing.

"And this is how you greet your father and brother?" My dad says trying to control his laughter but we both ended up laughing again.

"I see you both are spending a lot of time," Aryan says, pointing my dad to sit in his old chair, the chairman chair- we used to call it that when we were young.

My dad sighs while sitting.

"Yes am spending more time with my favorite son." My dad chuckles.

"Sure, it's great that you are spending time with him. By the time he was born, you were already the chairman of the hospital. You spent so much more time with me. You need to spend with him too." He says ruffling my hair at the end of the sentence.

"I am very thankful to him that he spends time with me after many sleepless nights," My dad says referring back to the joke he cracked when he entered the car this morning.

"Dad!" I whine and both my brother and dad started laughing.

"You understood?" I ask turning towards my brother.

"Am 35 and married. What do you expect? This man cracked the same old jokes with me when I was newlywed." he tells looking at our father.

"Some people don't change I see," I say making both of them laugh.

"How is Adithi feeling?" Aryan asks me.

"Tired maybe." My dad says. Me and Aryan look at my dad dumbfounded for a few seconds.

"She now works in my company and helps in designing," I tell him.

"That's great. How are things between you both?" he asks again. He cares a lot about Adithi.

"Let's call her," I tell taking out my phone.

It rings for a few seconds before Adithi lifts the call and mutters a small and sweet hello.

"Aryan wants to talk to you," I say handing the phone to him.

They both talk for a while and he hands me back my phone.

"Keep her happy." He says after I take the phone from his hands.

And the day goes by like that me enjoying myself with my father. He and Adithi have become such an awesome part of my life. 

I don't want to lose any of them.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Scroll away it's a double update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 1.6K 34
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| [Wattys Bootcamp Mentorship 2022 - Mentor: @beautlies] Three Amigos. Two soulmates. A tragedy that leaves a trail of broke...
1.3M 51.1K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
40.9K 3.6K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...