IN LIFE [SKZ]

By Ace_Muse

"Hold out your hand, I'll never let you go, I Promise" "You've successfully reached the Back Door" STAY is gi... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘
ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧
Complete
Soulmate
Wait
Idol
Like
Bme
Best Friend
Trainee
Like Yourself
Hot
Sick
Dark Lover
Together
Lucky
Stars
Everything
Red Lights
Surfin'
Holiday
Unexpected
Anymore
For You
Remember
Bachelors
Mafia
Angel
Snow Globe
Maniac
Up All Night
Monster
Tavern

Gone Away

25 1 0
By Ace_Muse

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1.8k

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ(ꜱ): school, toxic crush, broken friendship

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: y/n, han, seungmin, i.n

ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: chan, saebyeol & hanseok (oc)

ʟɪꜰᴇ: best friend

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ: noeasy - gone away

Things have changed a lot these days. Wake up at six in the morning, walking to school with Jeongin, sit next to Seungmin, and play around with Jisung. None of that seemed to occur the way it used to. The reason for the change was crystal clear yet the boys just so seemed to be more ignorant. And of course, you were the victim of their ignorance and change.

Currently walking to the art classroom, you were able to see Sae Byeol and her friends in front of you. That one innocent girl was able to destroy you without even knowing about it herself. Although she was not at fault, you couldn't help but tighten your fist. However, your hands immediately relaxed after seeing the three familiar boys inside the classroom.

"Guys! Morning!" Jisung was the first to react, mocking a salute towards you. Seungmin and Jeongin soon followed suit but only gave subtle nods. Sitting beside Seungmin and unwrapping the canvas, you started to giddy up to paint. Mr. Kang walked past everyone, excusing himself from the art room. As soon as he left, a group of girls and boys stood to their feet and started to sing a birthday song. Twirling around in your seat, you were able to see Sae Byeol gasping in surprise, not expecting it.

Slowly standing up, you had also begun to clap, genuinely happy to see the surprise. Although a part of you was jealous since your last birthday was forgotten by almost everyone except Bang Chan and Changbin. But much to your dismay, you were able to see Jisung and Seungmin patting Jeongin's back like they were cheering him on to something. Trailing your eyes on Jeongin's back, your heart dropped at the sight. Jeongin was holding a bouquet of red flowers behind his back, and anyone could see his eyes shining at Sae Byeol's smiling figure.

The fact those three forgot your birthday and had bought a bouquet beforehand for her; hurt you more than it should. Halting your birthday song, your hands dropped to your sides. A scoff left your lips as you sat back on the seat. A part of you wanted to yell at the three and tear down the flowers; while the other thought about the consequences.

Before you could make up a decision, Hanseok, Sae Byeol's boyfriend had come in with a cake and a large gift box. You watched as Jeongin and the two sat back to their seats when Mr.Kang came back. It pained you to see how hurt Jeongin looked while he stared at Sae Byeol and Hanseok. But was that sadness painful than what you were going through?

Remembering back to a time when the four of you had played around in the art room, messing up each other's paintings; a smile embedded to your lips. Will those days ever come back? Or your friends have truly gone away?

The day had ended with silence between you four, as you walked out of the school building. Tomorrow the environment club was having a field trip, and of course, the four best friends were all together in the club. And as every story goes Sae Byeol and Hanseok were a part of the club too.

Currently walking down the small stairs of a shopping complex, you were closely following behind Jisung. Seungmin had wanted to buy a new bag and had insisted the three had to join him. "Try this" Jisung said as he held out a Shrek-themed backpack. Seungmin rolled his eyes and playfully punched him. Jeongin and you only laughed, pointing out more cartoon-themed bags.

You walked further into the store and immediately saw Sae Byeol. It's almost like wherever you four were, she would be there too. "Hey Y/N!" She called out as the friends beside her grimaced at you. You see, Sae Byeol was more determined to befriend you than cherish the ones that stuck to her side; clearly to attract a few boys to themselves beside the pretty girl.

"Hi"

"Are you buying something too? For the trip?" You shook your head as a no and smiled at her. "Not really" Sae Byeol let out a small chuckle and pointed over to a section of dresses. "Then can you help pick one for me?" You desperately wanted to run away from there and bang your head on a table. "Sure"

Avoiding the shiny eyes she gave you from time to time, you pulled out a green checkered dress. "That's cute!" Sae Byeol shrieked beside you and held the dress in her hand. You awkwardly nodded and looked up, only to see Jisung's eyes boring into Sae Byeol's side. "But it's too expensive for me urgh! Sorry y/n" She said before placing the dress back.

"It's okay! You can take it! I'll pay since I didn't get you any birthday gift" Sae Byeol immediately backed away and raised her hands in the air. "No no! I can't accept that-"

"Then I'll buy it for you, as y/n's gift" Hanseok's voice spoke from behind you. Sae Byeol stood still for a second and broke into a smile. "Aww, fine" As soon as the two began gushing and hugging, you gracefully slipped out from them and walked past Jisung. You were honestly getting frustrated with the situation. Brushing your shoulder against Jisung's and passing the other two on the way, you dashed back to your house.

The next day had come way too quickly. "I'm ending this shit" You muttered and pulled up your bag before getting on the bus. Sitting at the aisle right next to Sae Byeol and her chick friend wasn't your plan. But before you could get to the back seat, Hanseok had pulled you in to sit beside him while he sat at the window seat. Sae Byeol smiled at you before she began to talk to her friend.

"It's cold" Sae Byeol quietly stated, rubbing her arm in an attempt to find warmth. The bus was two hours away from the location and most of the kids have fallen asleep while some were still playing around. Hanseok was long asleep and clung to you like a koala. Holding in the urge to whack him, you reached inside your bag and pulled out a pink blanket; BangChan had compelled you to take it along. "Here" You blankly looked to the front, holding it out to Sae Byeol's reach. A blush spread across the girl's face as you side-eyed her.

A few minutes later, Sae Byeol had fallen asleep while you also nodded off lightly. But Hanseok occasionally wiggling around didn't help your nap. Feeling someone standing beside you, you looked up to find Seungmin taking out a pack of gummy bears from his bag; that was placed on the shelf above Sae Byeol's seat. He suddenly stopped and bend down. Delicately taking the pink blanket in his hand, Seungmin rose it up to Sae Byeol's neck. He smiled warmly before walking off.

You grunted softly, then pushed away Hanseok and cursed out when he clung closer. "We're here!" The teacher called out as the students merrily exited the bus. Sae Byeol woke and looked at her friend, not understanding who tucked her blanket. You stood up after Jisung and smiled slightly at her before getting off.

The activities for the day has ended and everyone was seated around a bonfire. However, you were standing behind them, on a phone call with BangChan. He and you had been scheduling a few things yesterday and he seems to want to get with it quickly. "How's everything going there?"

"Good and those three can't keep their eyes off her" You replied with a sigh, side-eyeing the three boys. BangChan was silent on the other side before speaking up. "Did you tell them?" The question felt rather painful for you to answer. Not that it would hurt to tell them- not at this point. But the fear that they won't care was the reason for your drawback to the announcement of your 'matter'. "I'll just write a letter or something- I'll manage it, Chan-"

"Y/n! You can't do that-"

"BangChan I gotta go- I'm sorry and bye" immediately keeping the phone, you placed the device back in your pocket. Walking away from the group and to the bus, you had never felt so much distress.

Jisung stood up from his seat as the students scattered around the bonfire probably fatigued sitting still. Following his actions, the other two stood up. But quite to the other two's thoughts, Jisung pulled out a shopping bag from behind him. "What's that?" Jeongin asked the lingering question and pointed at the white bag. Jisung shoved his hand inside before bringing out a familiar green checkered dress. "I don't know... the end I guess?"

Seungmin and Jeongin only shared a concerned glance, suspecting if their friend is going to do any voodoo stuff. However, they were surprised when Jisung threw the dress into the bonfire and watched as its green threads turned to ash. "I bought it for Sae Byeol. But I'm stopping now. I had enough of staring at her when she's already taken. I'm sick of being the good guy behind the scene. I'm over Jeon Sae Byeol"

"Me too"

"Count me in"

The next day came in a blur and all the three boys could think of was the rest of their school year without a toxic crush. Feeling a bit better after the taken vow, the three were enthusiastic enough to reach the art class early.

But happiness doesn't last long, as long as you're ignorant, you'll lose the term 'joy' in your life. Seungmin, Jisung, and Jeongin stood still as they eyed the three bright-red bouquets; next to Jeongin's dried-up ones; from Sae Byeol's birthday. Seungmin was the first one to pick it up and read the card out loud.

"Thank you for being my friends, it means a lot to me than you think. I know this might sound cliché, but, thank you so much, idiots. I forgive you for forgetting my birthday, if you remember that. Anyway, I'm going to Sydney with Chan Hyung and Felix. I thought maybe a change of air will make it better, so bye I guess :) With Luv, Y/n" Chasing something that they could never have, they forgot to cherish something they could ever have. Before they corealizelise it, you were gone away.

"ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ꜰᴏᴏᴛᴘʀɪɴᴛꜱ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2K 45
A collection of skz x fem!reader oneshots and imagines I've written for our precious boys. Everything posted here can also be found on my Instagram...
26.9K 315 30
Various stories about our favourite boys in different situations. BoyXfemreader.
2K 240 15
[Female oc × Hyunjin × Minho] Hope; they say its a distraction, but how far are you willing to go to keep it alive? When tragedy strikes, two friends...
29.3K 818 86
❝ we're in a beautiful and sad relationship. we make each other shine like the moon and the river, then we hug again. ❞ cheepcheep32: i like your hai...