Hampas ng Alon (Puhon Series...

Oleh pawsbypages

PUHON SERIES #2. Audrey Medina used to love her own company. She is the epitome of a strong independent woman... Lebih Banyak

Hampas ng Alon
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Nine

8 3 0
Oleh pawsbypages

#HNA9

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

Sometimes, I wonder why people go to lengths for the sake of love. I cannot understand their reasons or I just simply do not want to. I also cannot understand why there are people who unrighteously use their power to twist one's fate depending on how they want it to be.

It just does not make sense.

Tito Elli indeed loved Celestine's mother so much to the point that he was ready to ditch an important appointment with his doctor when he received a call from my grandfather saying that his beloved wife is at their hands. Well, any of us will surely do the same thing he did for love because love makes us do crazy things.

While my grandfather? He was the villain in their story — everyone's story.

"I still can't believe lolo did that," I sighed while playing with my fingers. "It wasn't Tita Kath's fault that papa fell in love with her real hard!"

Drake ran his hands through his hair down to his face out of frustration. "This family is fucked up," he uttered.

Celestine's father did not survive. Mama was too guilty for what had happened that she never left her room after the incident. She would answer calls from time to time if it is related to her children and Celestine's family. She refused to talk to her father because of what the Javiers did to the Lims. Mama was too stressed out and it pains Papa to see her in that state.

No one wanted this to happen — except for our grandfather who did not even feel any remorse for what he did.

"Sasama ba kayo?" Papa asked us when he saw Drake and me talking in the living room. "Celestine needs the both of you."

"I would love to but I do not want to leave mama alone po," I responded.

Papa nodded. "Uuwi na lang ako agad para bantayan ang mama niyo tapos magpasundo ka na lang sa kuya mo," he said. "Celestine needs you, too."

I smiled weakly before walking toward him for a quick hug. "Please, don't put all the burden on your shoulders, Pa," I whispered.

Papa stiffened. I bet he did not expect me to hug him all of a sudden. I, myself, was shocked too. I just felt the need to comfort him even though our relationship with each other is not that okay. At the end of the day, he is still my father and I care about him.

"Mama, it's Quinn..." I knocked on her bedroom door twice. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," she responded but the pain was evident in her voice.

I saw her watching the raindrops on the window. She was sitting on her favorite window couch where she used to read her favorite books. I sat in front of her and gave her a genuine smile. "I love you," I said.

Mama pulled me closer for a hug. "I love you and your Kuya more than anything in this world, Anak," she replied while her tears kept on flowing from her eyes. "I am sorry, Quinn..."

"It was not your fault, Mama," I assured her.

"It was, Anak." She pulled out of our hug. "Your Lolo just wanted what was best for his only daughter just like how I want the best for you and your brother. I chose to keep my mum and let him take control of me. Maling-mali iyon, Quinn," she explained.

"You did not want that accident to happen, right?" I asked.

She wiped her tears using the back of her hand. "Katherine and I are on good terms, Anak. I would never wish for someone to be kidnapped," she declared.  "I would never wish harm on someone."

We talked for almost half an hour before deciding to eat our lunch together in the garden. It was hard to convince her to finally leave her room.

I even had to use my eldest and only daughter's card on her!

I asked Mama if she wanted to attend the funeral with me but she refused. She does not want to cause any more harm to the Lims. After eating our lunch, I accompanied her while she was watering her plants. Papa is probably on his way home already with Drake who will be the one to pick me up.

"Tammy," my father whispered through my mother's ears as his arms slowly wrapped around the latter's waist from the back.

Mama giggled. "Jake!" She happily said papa's name but the smile on her face disappeared after a few seconds. As if she remembered something more important than her happiness. "Ang aga pa, ah? Kailangan ka ni Kath doon," she added.

"My wife needs me more," Papa replied. "You and the kids are my top priority."

Mama gave him a small smile before nodding her head. Papa gestured for her to enter the house when Drake horned twice — still impatient as he was before. I gave my mother a soft kiss on her cheek and said, "I'll attend the funeral with Kuya but Papa will stay here with you, okay? Make sure to rest."

I wanted to hug them both but I felt like I placed Papa in a difficult and awkward spot when I hugged him earlier so I had to stop myself from doing it again. Instead, I gave him a nod before walking towards Drake's car which was parked outside our house.

We arrived at the funeral venue after fifteen minutes. My eyes immediately looked for Celestine. I saw her sitting on the couch near her father's coffin. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen from the hours of crying according to my brother who refused to leave her side ever since Tito Elli was confined in our hospital. I approached her quietly without even acknowledging the presence of her family relatives that were eyeing me like a hawk.

All that I could think of was her — Celestine.

"Hey," I uttered unsurely.

Celestine raised her head a bit. "Addie..." Her voice broke which made my heart crash into pieces. "I'm glad you came," she added.

"My best friend and sister from another mother needs me." I smiled weakly. "What made you think I won't come?"

"Tita Tammy's probably affected, too," she responded. "I know you love and value her more than anything. She needs you right now.

"Gosh!" I rolled my eyes. "What's wrong with the women around me, huh? They are all so selfless!" I hissed which made Celestine chuckle a bit.

"Sounds like you," she said before pulling me for another hug.

My brother and I got so busy entertaining the Lim's relatives and friends since Celestine and Tita Katherine was still in shock of what happened. They can't even eat which is why I kind of forced Celestine to eat at least three spoons of mashed potatoes I bought from a near fast-food chain.

"Anak," Tita Katherine sweetly whispered when I handed her the sandwich I bought along with the mashed potatoes. "Salamat..."

She hasn't had a proper meal ever since her husband died and that was according to my father who was with her. Papa needed to help her arrange the funeral for Tito Elli. Mama was okay with it — in fact, she was the one who asked Papa to help Tita Katherine.

"Mahihirapan si Celest asikasuhin iyon ng mag-isa. Kailangan nila ng tulong natin," Mama said with a hint of hope in her eyes that Papa would agree to what she wants.

Papa sighed. "Is that what you really want, Tamara?" He asked.

Mama nodded without any hesitation.

"Get some sleep, Quinn," Drake authoritatively said.

I obeyed him. I laid down on the vacant couch near the room's exit. It was already past 11 in the evening the last time I checked. I should get some rest so that Drake could have his after mine. Taking turns in taking care of Celestine and her mother is probably a good idea.

Our routine for a week went like that. I would get some sleep first and when I woke up, Drake would get his rest. Papa visits every morning before going to work and I use that chance to go home and get some clothes and other necessities for me and my brother who still refuses to leave Celestine's side. I also use that chance to check if my mother is getting her well-deserved rest after all the bullshit her father has done to all of us.

It was tiring, really.

But that is the thing with family.

No matter how tired you are; no matter how painful it is to see your brother slowly fall in love with the woman you love; no matter how painful it is to see your father console his first love while your mother is suffering from her own demons at home; family will always... always comes first.

And in this case, the Lims are already part of our family despite the issues the Javiers have caused. We still consider each other as part of the family. Tito Elli must be so happy to see both families together; fighting for each other; having each other's backs.

It just sucks that Tito Elli's dream of putting both of our families together would only come true at his funeral.

Sofia is calling...

I quickly answered the phone while rushing my way to my third and last class for today.

"Hey, I'm actually late for class so I'll just call you later. I'm sorry, Sofia!"

[Oh, okay! Good luck in class, Sis!]

I ended the call right away and started sprinting. I am already 8 minutes late because I had to make sure that someone from Celestine's class would take down notes for her. Celestine is currently busy with her therapy and refuses to attend school for a month just to pull herself back together which I think is the best decision she's ever made in years!

She is finally prioritizing her health.

So, as her best friend who happens to always smile through the pain, I volunteered to check her class every morning to remind their class president to take down notes for her that I would pick up after my classes — of course, they demand money in exchange for the notes but it's fine.

I still have enough money left in my savings account from the competitions I competed in and some dance tutorials or training I took every summer.

"You are late again, Ms. Medina," Mr. Scott, our Practical Research professor, said in a disappointed tone.

"I-I'm sorry, Sir." I gulped. "I had to run an important errand for our family," I reasoned out.

Time flew by too fast. Maybe because I got too preoccupied with our research project. I was walking toward Celestine's class to pick up her notes when a notification from Instagram suddenly popped up.

@02reid is live now

I was supposed to turn off my phone but my fingers accidentally tapped Fourthsky's live. I muttered a curse before running as fast as I could to reach Celestine's room — leaving my phone on as Fourthsky does his live stream on Instagram. Afterward, I went straight to the dance room and sat on the bean bag while watching his live stream.

A lot of people were watching.

I almost forgot that he is a Ramirez who happens to be the only heir of the Ramirez Empire since his sister, Sofia, does not want to do anything with it.

@defnotorvi: miss ka na raw ni tati!!!!

@samutot: tati ka pala eh pano na si ms america? HAHAHAH

Those are probably his friends. They seem to be so close with each other to the point that they were comfortable enough to mention Tatianna and tease Fourthsky with it.

He scoffed and said, "Putek ka talaga, Samu, 'no?"

I didn't quite understand what he said but I know that putek means mud or sometimes an expression to Filipinos — a curse; a bad word.

@defnotorvi: sinong ms america?!?!??! tinotwo-time mo ba besprend ko?!?!

@ktakeshi: 🏀

"Laro na naman?" Fourthsky chuckled when he saw @ktakeshi's comment. "The season just ended, bro, get some rest!"

@27tatianna joined the live stream with @princessfia and 99 others.

She joined...

I wanted to turn off my phone and just focus on the training but Fourthsky was able to catch my attention when he suddenly mentioned my username. "Hi, theaudreym," his voice was almost as soft as a baby's voice. "I missed you..."

The people who were watching his live stream suddenly went wild because of what he said. I closed my eyes to try and regain my strength to reply to what he just said. His viewers, fans probably, started mentioning Tatianna in the live's comment section asking if she knows about theaudreym — that was me.

@theaudreym: miss u too, sofia's lil brother!

@ktakeshi: aguy brother

@samutot: kapatid ka lang pala ni ate sofia eh HAHASHDHA LAPTRIP

I wasn't able to reply to his messages these past few weeks due to the incident that had happened. I was also too busy focusing on my studies, as well as focusing on moving on. Celestine and Drake grew closer to each other as the days went by.

She even prefers his presence now instead of mine and I am completely okay with it.

I understand her.

Drake was the closest to Tito Elli among all of our friends. Maybe Celestine was seeing a part of her dad with Drake.

Right?

Right.

──────── ────────

Tangina, miss ko na siya.

Ilang beses na akong pa-balik-balik sa ospital dahil kay Tatianna. Ilang beses na rin kasi siyang nagpapabalik-balik sa ospital dahil sa sakit niya. I don't even have time to message Audrey and ask her how her day went like what I used to do. Hindi na kasi kinaya ng katawan ni Tatianna 'yung stress at pagod. That is why her friend, Torvi, rushed her to the hospital while they were doing a project at Torvi's house.

I rushed to the hospital when my mother told me about Tatianna's current state. Luckily, my driver and my bodyguards were already ready to go when I ran my way towards the garage.

When I arrived at the hospital, I tried to compose myself because a lot of people were staring at me. They are probably confused why the hell is the heir of the Ramirez Empire in this hospital looking so stressed?

There was no sign of Tatianna's parents in her small private room which made me shake my head in disappointment. Hinang-hina na 'yung anak nila pero ni-isa sa kanila ay wala rito. I tousled her hair and said, "You should have listened to me the first time I told you to take more rest."

"Papagalitan mo lang ba ako, Sky?" Tatianna asked. "Kasi kung oo..."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Kasi kung oo, papaalisin mo ako?" I taunted her.

"Kasi kung oo... na-miss ko 'yon," she whispered before biting her lower lip.

"Hay nako!" Singhal ni Torvi na naka-upo pala sa couch.

I stayed by Tatianna's side all day. I excused myself from school which was already handled by my mother. Damon also understood the situation which is why he let me take this day off of practice to look out for her. Siguro naman ay pupunta na rito ang magulang niya bago sumapit ang gabi.

"Nagugutom ka ba?" Tanong ko sa kanya, hindi pa rin inaalis ang mga mata sa telepono. "There's Jollibee downstairs and McDonalds. Which one do you like? Or do you want something from a different restaurant?"

Tatianna stifled a laugh. "Ayos lang ako," sabi niya. "Ikaw? Kumain ka na ba?"

I nodded. "Yup, I did," I lied.

Hindi ko naman siya pwedeng iwan dito ng mag-isa. Baka bigla pa itong tumakas pag nalaman niyang tumatakbo ang bill niya sa ospital. Kilala ko na 'to, e. She won't agree with the idea of being admitted in a private hospital. Wala naman daw silang pera pambayad dito.

As if I'd let her pay.

She is like my own little sister already.

Tatianna was confined for almost a week — the doctors wanted to observe her more dahil baka lalong lumala ang sakit niya pag sinabayan pa ng over fatigue ang pagiging anemic niya. Dumating din agad ang nanay niya, si Tita Sol, bago sumapit ang gabi noong unang araw ng pagkakaconfine ni Tatianna kaya nagkaroon ako ng tsansa na umuwi muna. Isang araw lang din kasi ang binigay ni Damon sa akin para umabsent sa training kaya kailangan ko na rin agad bumalik.

"Sikat ka na naman, 'Tol," mapangasar na sabi ni Samuel habang nililinis namin ang court gamit ang dust mops.

Umiling ako. "People will always find time to stick their nose into someone else's life," I remarked.

Pictures of me visiting Tatianna at the hospital circulated on the internet in just a week. Some articles are claiming that she is my girlfriend while some say that I was the reason why Tatianna got hospitalized and it is because of the fight that we had two weeks ago.

It was funny, really.

Hindi naman kasi nila alam kung ano talaga ang totoong nangyari at ang totoong dahilan yet they act like they know everything about us.

Mga chismosa nga naman talaga, e.

"You should be extra careful," Damon concerningly said. "You're used to it — the fame but the people around you aren't. Especially if they are not from the same circle as your family."

Kazuo sighed. "Lumaki tayong sanay sa ganoon — we were raised to live up to the expectation the society sets for us," he said, meaningfully. "But that is not the same case with them; hindi sila lumaki sa klase ng pamilyang mayroon tayo. It can ruin Tatianna's life in just one snap."

"That was a hell of a speech," I teased him. "Iba yata ang epekto sa 'yo ni Yuriko?"

Everyone laughed except Kazuo who was staring at me like I killed his pet. Balita ko kasi ay binasted siya ni Yuriko. Sa halos isang taon niyang panliligaw, binasted siya agad ni Yuriko dahil bigla na lang tumunog ang pangalan niya ng hindi niya inaasahan.

"Sinabi mo naman sa kanya na anak ka ng ambassador, 'di ba?" Tanong ni Samuel kay Kazuo habang naglalakad kami papuntang locker room.

Kazuo nodded.

"Hindi niya na-isip na may chance talagang umingay ang pangalan niya pag-naging malapit kayo sa isa't isa?"

"Actually, she did... Hindi lang niya inaasahan na ganoon ka-lala ang mga tao sa mundo," Kazuo explained. "She is too fragile... and precious for this world."

"Nagbibinata!" Damon laughed. "Anyway, the point is, you need to be extra careful whenever you are with someone that is not used to being in the spotlight."

We took a quick shower in the locker room after cleaning the basketball court and having that serious talk that is so unlikely for us to have. Nakakatawa man pakinggan pero tumatanda na ata talaga kaming apat.

Hinayaan ko lang tumulo ang tubig galing sa shower kahit na tapos naman na akong maligo. I find comfort in the shower because of the water that flows from it — well, anything with water calms me in general.

"Audrey's calling!" Sigaw ni Kazuo galing sa labas ng shower. "Dalian mo na d'yan, Fourth."

"Kung ano-ano pa kasing ginagawa, e!" Samuel laughed and Damon, too.

Dali-dali akong lumabas ng shower para sagutin ang tawag ni Audrey. Water kept on dripping from my body dahil hindi pa ako nakakapagtuyo ng maayos. "You called!" I enthusiastically said.

Audrey giggled. "And you answered," she said.

"What's up?" I tried my best to wear my clothes with one hand while giving my friends a death glare. Ayaw ko namang i-loud speaker 'yung phone dahil madamot akong tao pag dating kay Audrey. I don't want my friends to hear her soft and soothing voice.

Baka agawan pa ako.

Audrey wasn't able to answer instantly. Instead, I heard her sobbing and trying her best to calm herself. Walang pasabi akong umalis sa locker room nang matapos na akong magbihis para dumiretso sa sasakyan. "Hey... Uminom ka muna ng tubig," sabi ko.

"I-I'm fine..." Audrey tried to assure me but I won't buy her lies. "J-just... Just having trouble sleeping."

"Okay, don't drop the call," utos ko sa kanya. I mouthed sa bahay to my bodyguards. I reached for my business phone inside my bag and dialed my sister's number. "Audrey, stay with me, hmm? Don't drop the call pero uminom ka muna ng tubig," dagdag ko habang hinihintay sagutin ni Ate ang tawag ko.

[Argh. What is it this time? It's midnight here, little bro, and I was sleeping!]

Sofia might have sounded annoyed because I woke her up but one thing for sure is that she can never say no to me, her little brother. She is so much like Mama. I sighed and said, "I need your help... Again."

"Take Audrey for a midnight drive and buy her Mcdonald's," I said. "Please? She needs someone right now and I checked the available flights for today pero mamayang 7 pm pa ng gabi ang available."

[O-okay? I'm on it. Don't trouble yourself booking a flight pa, magtatampo na naman si Mama.]

Binaba ko na ang linya at tinago na ulit ang business phone ko sa bag.

"Fourth?" Audrey came back after drinking water.

Masunuring bata naman pala, e.

"Hey, done drinking your fluids?" I asked.

"Y-yes..." She responded. "Don't you have a class?"

"Nope, I'm actually on my way home. Video call?"

"Uh... I look terrible right now."

"Walang terrible-terrible sa isang Audrey Medina," I giggled but had to bite my lower lip to stop myself from smiling non-stop.

Pagka-akyat ko ng kwarto, binuksan ko na agad ang laptop ko para ilipat doon si Audrey. Of course, she refused and we had a little bickering before finally answering the facetime call. Her eyes were swollen. Kanina pa siguro ito umiiyak.

"Care to tell me what happened?" Nag-aalala na tanong ko sa kanya.

Audrey bit her lip; trying to stop her tears from falling again. "C-Celestine's father... i-is in the hospital... Comatose," she kept on stuttering while sparing me the details. "It was... It was because of m-my grandfather."

Wala akong masabi nang matapos na siya sa pagkukwento.

Tangina, ang lala.

"Whatever reason your grandfather has to do such a thing, it has nothing to do with you, okay?" I assured her kahit na ako mismo ay gulong-gulo sa mga nalaman ko.

"B-but —"

"No buts or what ifs, Audrey Quinn," mariin na saad ko. "Don't be too hard on yourself. Cry if you must but don't put the blame on yourself kasi hindi mo naman ginusto ang nangyari and even though you don't have a good relationship with your grandfather, I'm sure he still values the loved ones of her only daughter. Your mother loves you and no one can hurt you because of that love," litanya ko.

Audrey couldn't stop herself from crying and I actually thanked God that finally, she was letting it all out rather than keeping it all by herself. "It was my grandfather who almost nearly killed my best friend's father and got her mother kidnapped," she sobbed.

"It was your grandfather, not you. You were at a party with Celestine and your brother earlier when the incident happened, right? Hindi ka naman siguro idadamay ni Celestine sa galit niya sa lolo mo because of what happened," I assured her once again. "Based on your chikas about them, Celestine seems to be a very understanding person and don't underestimate her love for you, hmm? What happened was not your fault. Just... be there for her."

Audrey nodded while wiping her tears using the sleeve of my hoodie that I left last time with her. Para hindi niya ako masyadong ma-miss kahit na pa-ulit-ulit niyang sinasabi na hindi naman talaga niya ako namimiss. I asked her to sip on the glass of water beside her which she obeyed before we heard a knock on her bedroom door and it was my sister. Audrey was shocked pero wala na rin naman siyang magagawa.

Sofia took the laptop from Audrey. "Hey there, little brother! I'm here na, bye!" She was about to end the call when Audrey halted her.

"Wait!" Audrey grabbed her laptop back from Sofia's hands. "I... I wouldn't know what to do if it weren't for you, Fourth."

That was how she thanked me before ending the call.

For someone who barely shows her true feelings, for someone who does not want to broadcast her emotions, and for someone afraid to show her fragile self to anyone, I may say that having Audrey Medina call you in times of trouble is indeed a pleasure — a once in a lifetime achievement.

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

I'm very sorry for the late updates! I got too preoccupied with school-related stuff but it's all finally over! I'll try my best to update as soon as I can. Happy reading!

<3

#HNA9

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.8M 54.3K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...