Sunkissed. Makima

By utabomb1

"I'm quite interested in you, really. No matter how many times I try to crawl under your skin, I can never fi... More

0
2
update

1

1.7K 78 17
By utabomb1

Hirato's muscles relaxed beneath the soft cushions he found himself laying on. His bare body is draped by cloudy blankets and he thinks to himself, it's the most comfortable feeling he's felt in the longest time and yet, he has no idea where he is in this moment. He would worry about it later but after the excruciating pain of nails and whips, he deserved sleeping in a nice bed. His well-deserved rest would be disrupted though.

The boy kept his eyes shut but he let out a tired moan when he heard a sloppy, wet pant blowing into his ear. He decides to turn around and put the sheets over his head but then, there's a weight that jumps on the bed before settling right on top of him. Hirato was fed up. He thrashed and groaned continuously for the weight to lift itself off his body but it was to no avail. That similar weight multiple. Not just one, but two three and now five.

"Boys, boys! Get off of him! Poor guy just wants to sleep." Several barks respond to their owner and the dogs finally decided to get out of the bed he occupied. He couldn't go back to sleep anymore and decides to hoist his body up to look where the feminine voice was coming from. He rubbed his eyes and his vision cleared up, only to find a girl close to his age staring right at him. Hands tied behind her back, the same as before with the same, pleased smile. She looked unbothered at Hirato and he now starts to wonder where he is.

"W-Where am I?" A croak rippled out of his throat and it wasn't long he winced, holding onto his throat. It hurt to talk and Makima clearly saw that.

"You're in my place, of course."

His brow furrowed, still slightly exhuasted.

"Why? Why not a hospital instead?"

She looked almost shock but she catches herself off guard and concealed it with a chuckle,

"Silly, do you really not remember what happened?" Hirato thought long and hard but nothing. He sat up, looking between his legs covered by the thin, white sheets. The only thing he could muster was the pain. The pain of lashes and nails.

"Sinner."

"You don't belong in this world."

Anguish moans fill the air as people next to him thrash and moan but it was no avail, it was those nails that pinned them down. Blood seeped through his forehead and he looked down with his mouth parted, dry and thirsty for water but instead, Hirato was given spit and dirt. Hirato's body felt fragile like glass. He didn't have the strength to escape.

"You were crucified, remember?"

"C-Crucified?" Barely managing a word, he decides to remain silent and let her explain the situation more.

"Yes, that town of yours went dark for a week and when we sent some devil hunters, we found out the town was under the control of the mind devil."

"Mind devil?"

"Yes, a devil that can control people just by looking at them. You and many others were then crucified. The others didn't make it, but you, you gasped for air. After all this time, you were still alive.."

She continued,

"I didn't take you to the hospital because those wounds you had, next thing you know, faded completely. As if they healed themselves. Fascinating, isn't it?"

Hirato didn't react. He acted as if it was supposed to happen and this made Makima stitch her eyes in frustration. Why wasn't he explaining right about now? Instead, he had a very sullen look. He held the sheets tightly and looked as if he was going to break.

"So, those people..they didn't make it?"

"No."

His shoulders started to crumble and she felt the need to put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but did you knew any of them?"

"No." His voice cracks. "But, you see.."

"Makima."

"Makima. See that's the thing, Makima, I-I cannot recall much besides the fact I was up on that post for days. I forgot how it happened, why I was at the village. I don't understand and yet, yet.."

"Yet what?" She leaned closer. Makima wasn't the most spooked individual but to see the sight of Hirato looking up at her, fresh tears sprouting from the corner of the eyes while at the same time, carrying an unusual expression was strange to her. See, humans have this ugly cry. Their face wrinkles and contorts into a repulsive style as they scream and shout like animals. Makima is well aware of that, but for some strange reason, the boy here decides to cry and yet, he remains stoic looking. It looked like the tears came out by force but his face was only confused and yet unfazed all at the same time.

"I don't recall knowing these people and still, I cry. Why am I crying? I don't understand." He looked at his soak fingertips and isn't long until Makima makes a sudden action. She kneels down beside her bed and takes in the fingers to his lips. He carefully watches her actions until she sighed and took in the droplets with her own lips.

"There, there.." She says in between.

Hirato didn't react and simply watched her but he had to admit, there was a soothing comfort that made him stop unleashing tears. Her golden pierce eyes looked up and her smile deepened to see he no longer shed more tears. She pushed his fingers back and she got up on her feet.

"From what I gather, you seem to be suffering from amnesia." Now, she was heading to business. "With those unusual powers of yours, I want to suggest a proposal. Ever heard of the public safety devil hunting department? Well, let's just say we need more recruits and I think you'd be perfect. In exchange, we can give you rehabilitation benefits, anything you want while you regain much more of your memories."

"You'd do that? Truth is, I don't think I'm much of a fighter."

She shrugs,

"Well, we'd teach you. Show you the ropes and give you small tasks first. I think it's a good idea, don't you?"

"I-I suppose." Hirato doesn't recall having experience fighting devils but there's something in his mind, something in his blood telling him to do it. Like the sudden urge to cry, he doesn't understand why he has the sudden urge to fight. It felt like it was written in his veins to protect. Yes, protect. That word is now lingering his mind. But protect what? Who?

Makima though had her ulterior motives. While he's lost in thought, her positive smile faded and turned to tight lip. She now looked like she was frowning.

She couldn't rule him out as a devil or a hybrid yet. She would've known if that were the case. He had to remember his past and then she can confirm who he really is.

But in all honesty, she can't explain it but she doesn't think the male in front of her is neither of them.

He's an unusual one. He cheats death like it's nothing. Doesn't react nor turned flustered like a normal being who would if a girl licked their hand. He simply looked as if it was nothing. As if he too couldn't understand the concept of intimacy or possible, disgusting hygiene all in all.

She had to keep a close eye on him.

"Alright, I'll accept your terms." He admitted and she conceals her worries away and she slightly jump at the news, acting as she's delighted.

She smiles brightly, "Excellent, welcome aboard." She reaches a hand out. She just didn't expect him to stare at her intently. He narrowed his eyes a bit, hesitating to put his own hand out. Makima felt his intense stare boring into her mind and for once, in the longest time, she felt nervous.

Nervous even more to see the chainsawman at full power. It was like Hirato sees through her mask, catching her right in the act. She gulps a bit but later finds some relief when he decides to take her hand. They shake carefully.

"I never got to tell you my name, right?" He cocked his head at her.

"No, you didn't."

"I think..it's Hirato." He softly says, "I think it means..new beginning."

"New beginning, eh?

"Yeah, someone told me that. Or at least, I think so." His head was foggy. He couldn't remember exactly what or who told him that.

"Huh. Well, I think this is the start of a new beginning, with you being my roommate."

"Roommate? You mean, you want me to share the same place as you?"

Makima shrugged,

"You have somewhere else to be?"

He almost laughed and hung his head down,

"Not exactly but you don't mind?"

"I have an empty, spare room. Pus, it'd be nice to have company."

It does get lonely, Makima bemused to herself. I always feel so lonely, she thinks.

"Fine," He shrugs back nonchalantly.

"Another new beginning.." His head cocked at her with curiosity when she began her new sentence.

"A new beginning of clothes."

He didn't know what she meant at first until he looked down at the thin sheets covering his legs. He looks intently and there, he sees his exposed manhood. Hirato was completely naked and it didn't occur to him at all.

Again, he didn't blush nor force Makima to look away. He looked back at her with a soft 'oh' .

"Oh? Heh, not even a little shy huh?"

"I thought being naked was normal around here." She thought he was joking for a moment but he genuinely looked confused. His tone was firm and serious.

Hirato,

just what are you?

-

Any theories of what Hirato might be? Vote and comment your thoughts below <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 32.8K 11
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1M 90K 140
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
520K 28.2K 18
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.9M 104K 89
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...