Life's Return

By AquaFlare101

After four years of being back in the human realm, Luz Noceda finds herself able to return back to the Boilin... More

Prologue
Back in The Isles
Surprise!
Late Night Hangout
Sleeping Over
Out at The Market
Back to Hexside
Music Nerds
To Forget Is To Let Go
Magic Training
Update
Special Grom Night
ANNOUNCEMENT
Sleep Walking
Corruption
ANOTHER UPDATE
Undead Lullaby
ANOTHER UPDATE
A New Place to Visit
About Time!

Like No Otter

1.5K 39 63
By AquaFlare101

Hey guys! Just a quick update from last chapter, I realized I went a little to fast with the confession and forgot I had a plan for it, so I rewrote the last part of last chapter. Sorry for the inconvenience!

To those who have just started reading and are oblivious as to what happened, just enjoy the story! ^w^
___________________________________

Amity's Pov:

After last night, all I wanted to do was to be near Luz again. Last night was so magical in a way that- I wanted it to happen again. While I was in one of my abomination classes, I heard a loud crash from the floor above us. It was the Potions floor, so it must have been a student accidentally breaking something. But that wasn't what caught my attention, what caught my attention was the familiar voice that had yelped out.

The others in my class started whispering about it, wondering what had happened. I looked to the professor who had sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. I needed to go up there and find out what happened, were they ok?

"U-Um, may I be excused, sir?"

He looked up with a slight glare, then waved his hand off. "Yes yes, you're excused, Miss Blight."

I quickly gathered my things before rushing out and up to the second floor. I could see another Potions teacher rushing to the room where it had happened, so I followed behind them with my heart hammering in my chest. The room had students gathered around a table, I couldn't see what they were looking at, but I heard them all excitedly cooing at something. I rose a brow and slowly made my way over.

"What happened in here? Is everything al-" I froze as the others turned towards me and made a gap between them all so I could see.

There, sitting on the table with wide adorable eyes, was an otter. Not just any otter, either.

"L-Luz??!" I sputtered out in shock. She seemed to have come back from the daze she had been and gave me a nervous grin. My heart melted at the sight.

"Yes, well, seems we had a bit of an accident and she sort of- turned herself into an animal." The professor explained sheepishly, the other one who had rushed over hummed in response.

"Well since it was only a temporary potion, this should wear off in about twenty four hours." The other teacher explained, seeing Luz sigh slightly with relief. The rest of the class cooed at how cute she was, and it made me a bit jealous.

"She is excused from the rest of school today, so she may go-"

"I'll be taking her with me, I was excused as well so I can take her home." I huffed out, the others giving me another glance before I came over to the little Otter. Luz looked up to me with curious eyes, letting out a slight squeak as I scooped her up and walked out the door. The other students stared as I walked away with her, then once we were out of sight, I sighed and held her up in front of me.

"You need to be more careful, Luz. What if you had made acid instead?" I huffed out with a warning glare. Her fuzzy ears lowered as she glanced down, prodding her digits together guiltily. I couldn't stay mad at her when she looked absolutely adorable! My cheeks tinged pink and I looked away while my face grew redder.

Luz looked up back at me, then smirked and reached out to poke my nose with one of her tiny paws. I jumped slightly, my eyes wide as saucers when I looked back to the otter. She had an even bigger shit eating grin as if to say 'You care about me, dontcha~?'

"D-Don't give me that look-!" I stammered out, only making her let out squeaks of laughter. With a frustrated growl, I held her in my arms while heading out the school to bring her back to Eda. I had her  held like some sort of baby as I walked, not taking notice to the otter staring up at me with her brown eyes.

That was until she nuzzled up against my chest, which made my ears burn as I looked down to her. My knees nearly buckled at the sight of her, all curled up in my arms like a little fuz ball, my heart couldn't handle it. I looked back up to where I was going, swallowing harshly. I bet she could hear how fast my heart was pounding right now, so embarrassing.

Once we made it to the owl house, Hooty saw me before Luz and screeched. "FRIEND!"

"Ugh, not now Hooty." I groaned.

"But I have to tell you all about my- FLUFFY INTRUDER!!" Oh no.

He hissed, springing out the door to try and swallow poor Luz. She let out a frightened squeak, squirming away and climbing around my body, it tickled.

"H-HOOTY NO! IT'S LUZ, IT'S LUZ!!" I desperately tried to explain. He paused in his assault, taking a good look at the otter who had hid under my hair on my shoulders. She gave him an awkward wave with her paw and a worried smile. Hooty's eyes widened.

"Luz! What happened to you?!"

"Ah, potions accident, yadda yadda, we'll explain later-" With that, I rushed into the house before letting out a sigh of relief. "I don't understand how you deal with him.."

Luz merely snickered, then without warning she nuzzled herself around my neck like a scarf, seeming to relax as well. My cheeks flared up while my ears began to flap again. Oh she was going to be the death of me.

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs and looked up to see Eda enter the room, she stopped and stared for a long moment at us. "...I'm not gonna ask-" She said before heading to the kitchen. I let out a snort, then looked back at Luz who had somehow fallen asleep on me. My heart melted at the sight.

I decided to head back up to her room to let her rest, softly smiling. I closed the door behind me, then went and sat on her sleeping bag while carefully pulling Luz off my neck to hold her in my arms. She squirmed slightly, though relaxed once she was comfortable in my arms and let out the cutest little sigh of content. I nearly passed out from the overwhelming cuteness. I leaned back and placed her on my chest, to which she instantly curled up and nuzzled into me. My smile widened and I began to softly hum the song from yesterday. Though after a while, I fell asleep as well.

When I groggily woke up, I grumbled and nuzzled into whatever was on me. It was nice and warm, though felt... odd. I peeked an eye open to see Luz on top of me, though she wasn't an otter anymore. My face turned beet red from my ears down to my shoulders. I thought the professor said it would last longer?! I didn't know what to do, so I hesitantly raised a finger and prodded her cheek slightly.

"L-Luz- wake up-" I whisper shouted. She groaned before nuzzling up into me more, making me squeak slightly.

"Mmn, five more minutes..."

"Luz, y-you're on top of me-!!" At that, the girl snapped her eyes open and pushed up off of me to stare down with a red face, then she screamed out, making me scream as well from being startled, and scooted back off of me.

"I-Im so sorry-!! I-I thought they said it would take twenty four hours for this to wear off?!" She hid her face in her hands, making me giggle. She was so cute, even if she wasn't an otter anymore.

"E-Eheh. It's alright, really. I don't mind it-" I could feel the tips of my ears flapping some, so I had to force them to stop as she looked back up to me through her fingers.

"Y-You sure?" She asked with what sounded like slight hope in her voice.

"Heh, I'm positive, Luz. We didn't know the effects of the potion you made so we couldn't have known how long it would last. She gave a sigh before rubbing the back of her neck.

"Well, thanks for bringing me back home today, I appreciated it... though I wish we had more time to snuggle.." She muttered the last part, so I couldn't make out what she had said.

"Come again?"

"O-Oh! Nothing, nothing. Should I walk you back home?" Luz tilted her head with a slight smile, making my heart do a flip.

"I mean- if you want to, you're more than welcomed to." If I was being honest with myself, I was hoping to spend a little more time with her, so this worked out.

"Alrighty then, let's get you back home, princesa~" She hummed before standing up with a stretch. Wait, did she just call me Princess? It sounded like it, but I couldn't be certain. I'll ask her about if later though, cause I couldn't stop my face from flushing and a grin spreading on my face while she helped me up.

This human was one of a kind, and that's just the way I like her.
____________________________________

Bit on the shorter side for this chapter, but I wanted to do this for yall to enjoy since I've never read anything about this happening before in other stories, as I know of.

Anywho, hope yall enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.3K 23
When Luz returns to the Boiling Isles, her feelings towards her best friend, top student Amity Blight, haven't changed. But both are too afraid to co...
3.9K 127 14
The beginning of this story takes place after 'young blood old souls', Edit: this takes place like a year after the last episode of the first season...
7.1K 203 8
After Belos petrified Eda, Luz is left alone in the Owl House regretting not being able to stop it. In her sorrow and despair, a man appears. Who is...
17.6K 523 27
Ever since the Noceda children were little, they've always had problems. Luz was bullied as a child and even in her pre-teen years. The girl didn't k...