Oɴᴇ Tᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ Aғғᴀɪʀ ✓

By kavyamehta12

**This book is not edited and I don't have any intensions to do so as well. So read at your own risk** ... More

00. Iɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
00. Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
01. Wᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ Gᴀʟ
02. Dᴇsᴘᴀɪʀᴇᴅ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇss
03. Mᴀsᴋᴇᴅ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ
04. Tʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ Sᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ
05. Hᴇsɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
06. Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ Bʀᴜɪsᴇs
07. Tʏɪɴɢ Wɪᴛʜ Eᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs
08. Uɴɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ Aᴅᴠɪᴄᴇs
10. Fᴀʟsᴇ Rᴜᴍᴏᴜʀs?
11. Mɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ Fᴏʀ Bᴇɪɴɢ Hᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇss
12. Sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ Sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Aɢᴀɪɴ Wɪᴛʜ Fᴀɪᴛʜ
13. Iɢɴᴏʀɪɴɢ Tʜᴇ Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢs
14. Aᴛᴛɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ Pʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs
15. Iᴛ's Dɪғғɪᴄᴜʟᴛ Tᴏ Uɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ Hɪᴍ
16. Nᴏᴡ Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Cᴏɴғᴜsɪɴɢ Mᴇ
17. I Aᴍ Rɪɢʜᴛ Hᴇʀᴇ
18. Hᴀᴠᴏᴄ Wɪᴛʜɪɴ
19. Mʏ Wᴏʀsᴛ Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ
20. Hᴇ Is Mʏ Fɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ
21. Aʟʟ Fᴏʀ Yᴏᴜ
22. Tʜᴇ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ Iɴ Nᴇᴇᴅ
23. Jᴜsᴛ Gʀᴀʙ Mʏ Hᴀɴᴅ
24. Esᴄᴀᴘᴇ Tᴏ Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
25. Fᴇᴀʀs
26. Wɪʟʟ Tᴏ Cʜᴀɴɢᴇ
27. Iᴛ's Hᴀʀᴅ
28. Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ Pʀᴏᴘᴏsᴀʟ
29. Cᴏɴᴄʟᴜsɪᴏɴs Aʀᴇ Nᴏᴛ Aʟᴡᴀʏs Pʟᴇᴀsᴀɴᴛ
30. Oɴᴇ Bɪɢ Cᴏɴᴛʀᴏᴠᴇʀsʏ
31. Jᴀɪᴅᴇɴ Jᴏɴᴇs
32. Gᴏɪɴɢ Aʟᴏɴɢ
Fɪɴᴀʟ - Nᴏᴛ Tᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ Aɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ
Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ - Tʜᴀɴᴋ Yᴏᴜ

09. Cᴏɴғᴜsɪɴɢ Sɪɢɴs

189 29 25
By kavyamehta12

❝It's confusing when you can't determine the signs.❞

---------------------------

Keya got ready into a short white wrap dress Natasha selected for her. She didn't like much show so she wanted to keep everything sober. She had attended a couple of functions before but this was different. It was Kabir Mehra's party hosted at his house for whatever reasons. Isha, her hairstylist kept her hairs wavy and lightly curled them by the end. Her makeup artist, Subodh, kept her makeup perfect as always and gave the final touches. She looked at her reflection while smiling widely.

"I love it," she said and twirled halfway. Subodh and Isha smiled. "Let's click a picture to send to Natasha else she will keep bugging," Isha said. Keya nodded.

"I need to send it to my Ma as well," she said. Her photographer was ready with his arrangements in another room. Keya walked in there and posed for a few pictures. They all selected a few and exchanged them as soon to make posts on social media.

The first thing that Keya did was to send it to her mother and, got a reply in no time. She smiled while reading the pure words of her mother as she kept praising her daughter a lot more than she thought she deserved. But mothers are just like that.

Her team asked her to leave as they promised to take care of the mess they created. Keya gave a smile to them but it always made her feel awkward to see them winding up everything. But that's how it went. She was getting used to it slowly but she was still lagging far behind.

She got out of the door and looked aside to see Samaira coming out of the door as well. Samaira was decked up in a maroon short dress that hugged her body too well. It was the same that she saw her wearing back at the store. Her make-up was glam and made her look sexy. Her hair was kept wavy. She smirked while looking at Keya from head to toe and made an impressive face.

"You look good when you are ready," she said. Keya crooked her eyebrows. "Excuse me?" she asked. Samaira chuckled and shrugged.

"You look shabby otherwise," Samaira said as she started walking towards the elevator. The sound of her heels made a sound in that silent corridor. Keya gritted her teeth and followed her. "Excuse me? Shabby?" she asked. Samaira shrugged.

"You should hire a designer to design some casual clothes as well," she said without looking at her and scrolling through her mobile. Keya scoffed. "Tracks and sweatshirts make me feel comfortable. I don't feel the need to get ready into tacky clothes to go to the grocery store or restaurants as if I am walking in a fashion show or doing a photoshoot," She said. Samaira looked at her this time while feeling offended.

"Tacky?" she asked. Keya shrugged. "Loud..." she said and pressed a smile.

"Who wears a thigh-length tight dress on a flight or who gets ready into glittery clothes to go to a cafe?" she asked and shrugged. "I don't know why people take those many efforts. I would rather wear shabby clothes than look stupid," she murmured further. Samaira scoffed.

"So what do you wear for dates? A sweatshirt?" she asked when the elevator door got opened. Keya rolled her eyes while making her way inside and pressed the lobby's button. Samaira followed her. "I don't mind," she said.

Samaira scoffed again. "Babe, you need to look presentable," she said. Keya sighed. "I do wear shorts or dresses those are casual and not just sweatshirts," Keya said in irritation. Samaira pressed a smile and nodded.

"Sure," she said. "Besides, I don't get airport fashion thing at all," Keya said again. Samaira laughed this time while making Keya frown.

"I don't think that I made a joke," she said. Samaira nodded. "The whole world is a fashion show for us. There is fashion police who keeps rating us," she said.

"It's stupid," Keya said. Samaira shrugged. "Welcome to the world of movies where you are scanned for everything and anything. Then people make memes, criticize us no matter what we do, judge us despite knowing anything about us. She is doing this... Oh, she is a show-off. She is not doing this... Oh damn, she is so bad and she is so arrogant..." Samaira started in frustration. Keya kept her quiet and kept watching her from sideways.

"As if these people are some saints. Stupid jobless idiots. They sit at home while hiding their faces behind mobile screens and then criticize us as if they are so perfect in every way," Samaira said further and groaned loudly. "I just feel like getting into that mobile, grabbing their neck, then pulling them out and swapping bodies with them... So that I could see how they handle everything. At least my image will get clear with their perfection. Bloody bimbos... Don't have any understanding and are spreading the knowledge. Why don't they start an advisory business if they are so smart? But how can it run because they are stupid," she shouted in a single breath. Keya made a terrifying face while watching her.

Samaira sighed loudly and smirked again as she looked at Keya. "That's what I feel about the whole thing. What do you think?" she asked. Keya nodded and pressed an awkward smile. "Wow, I guess I would do the same," she said. Samaira chuckled and shook her head a little.

"Let's go," she said when the elevator door opened with a sound. Keya let out a deep breath that she kept holding and followed her out. She walked to her car and got into the driver's seat. She thought of driving to her driver's place and getting him as it was in the way.

She frowned when Samaira got into the passenger's seat and tugged the seatbelt. "What are you doing?" she asked. Samaira shrugged. "You are a safe company. I know you will bring me home safely if I go with you," she said and smiled. Keya rolled her eyes.

"I need to get my driver. Go in your car," she said. Samaira shook her head negatively.

"Let's go together," she said and kept sitting the same way. Keya groaned loudly and shut the door close. She pressed the button and started the engine. For one time, she looked at Samaira who smiled a little at her. She rolled her eyes and pressed the accelerator to get out of the parking area.

Samaira got vanished in the crowd while leaving Keya alone as soon as the girls got to the venue. She sighed while knowing about this from before and moved her eyes around the place. It made her feel slightly nervous as all the main people around the industry were present. They were chatting and just being their world while clicking selfies or grooving to the music. They all looked closed while she barely knew them out of professionalism. She just had exchanged greetings with them when have met at award functions or on the movie sets but that's all.

She hoped to see some of her co-actors while making way inside the crowd but again she wasn't close to them. They were busy while talking in their groups. "Why didn't I make any friends?" she murmured when she felt a hand over her arm. She looked aside to meet smiling Tia.

Keya smiled back formally. "Hi, finally we meet. I have heard a lot of praises from many," she said. Keya raised her eyebrows while not knowing if she was being truthful or just putting on a show. But whatever it was, she felt happy about the fact that she came to her. Keya had followed her and admired her work since the start so her words made her feel better.

"Thanks. It's nice to meet you too. I admire your work," she said. Tia smiled and nodded. "Let's meet Kabir," she said and pulled her aside. Keya followed her in silence.

Kabir was surrounded by a few people from the industry and they made Keya nervous even more. She took a deep breath and let it out to calm her heart. It was her first encounter with those biggies. Kabir introduced her to a few and she greeted them politely. Tia stayed by her side throughout while handling a few things for her and she was happy to keep it that way.

She let out a deep sigh once the formalities were done and stood by the corner. "You look nervous," Tia said. Keya nodded. "I am not used to being amongst those people. I mean I have seen them in theatres," she said. Tia laughed wholeheartedly but there was no mocking in it. Keya's lips curled into a smile while looking at her.

"I used to feel the same way when I would encounter a few," she said and added, "In fact, I was offended when I saw Gauri with Shahrukh in his house and complaint why there is no Kajol as I thought she is his wife." Keya contained her smile.

"Seriously?" she asked with curiosity. Tia laughed and nodded. "It was stupid and I was the laugh of the town," she said and made a face while making Keya laugh.

"You are a good company and I would like to know you more," Tia said again. Keya smiled and nodded. "I honestly thought you would show some tantrums as you are this successful at such a young age. Plus you have a father who is well-known too," she said awkwardly and added, "But I enjoyed talking to you." Tia smiled and forwarded her mobile.

"Save your number. I will need it when I want to find an equally good actress for my home production," she said. Keya raised her eyebrows. "You are getting into production?" she asked. Tia nodded.

"Thinking of," she said and smiled. Keya smiled again and took the mobile from her hand as she typed her number in it. "It means a lot to hear those words from you," she said awkwardly. Tia smiled and saved her number.

"I need to find someone I am waiting for. See you around," she said. Keya nodded and Tia left her alone again.

Keya sighed further and looked around. She felt nervous again and thought of making her way out but what about Samaira? Where did she go? Was she supposed to take her back or will someone help her out? She knew people around so she might get a company, right? Keya kept thinking deeply yet again and groaned at her stupidity.

She narrowed her eyes to look in the crowd again and moved into the room to search for Samaira but she felt a tight grip on her wrist. She looked back while stopping in her place nervously and sighed while meeting with Jaiden's dark eyes.

She didn't understand why but she felt relief wash through her as if she found someone close in this crowd of strangers. He looked gorgeous as always in a black sweatshirt and checks pants. His hair was down and messy while covering his forehead. His light beard was making him look even more attractive. Jaiden pulled her back and walked his way out of the door and she followed him out without asking questions.

Jaiden escorted her to the balcony. There wasn't anyone outside thankfully. He left her hand and held the grills. She walked further and stood beside him. The night view of Mumbai looked stunning from there. She smiled a little and looked at Jaiden. "You looked uncomfortable," he said in a low voice.

She sighed and nodded. "I don't know them personally and having seen them just in theatre or on the TV screen it was different to see them in person," she said and chuckled awkwardly. Jaiden looked at her silently.

"I know I'm sounding stupid to you," she said while looking straight and not meeting his gaze. "You are not," he said in a low voice. She looked at him again. There were no words exchanged for some time as the silence was more comforting. The staring game got intense with the passing time and Keya looked down.

Her heart kept making the sound that was a little louder than usual. She let out a deep breath to calm it but she kept getting nervous. "Let's go out," he said suddenly and her eyes moved to him yet again.

His plain eyes were just staring at her as if he wasn't trying to say something to her. She felt a sudden rush passing through her as her eyes asked him the same question silently. He shook his head a little as if he got it. She narrowed her eyes.

His hands moved slightly and slid on her. His warm touch was soothing in many ways. She shivered slightly even in the hot weather. "Where?" She asked through a whisper.

"I want to show you something," he said again without wasting any time. She chuckled lightly and shook her head. "What?" She asked with ease this time and she was surprised at the level of comfort she felt with him. Was it always there or this was new confidence that she was gaining with him?

A little smile formed on his lips as well. His eyes moved to her lips and rushed back at her eyes. "Really," he said again. She nodded.

She looked back at the crowd and moved her gaze back at him. "Anyway I am not enjoying being here," she murmured. He chuckled. She tilted her head to look at him more carefully. "How come you are sober?" She asked. He shrugged.

"I was looking forward to spending some time with you," he said as easily and casually. The smile on her face faded as she looked away. If someone would have seen them today then they might have thought they knew each other for years. That was the comfort they shared.

"You are way too straightforward," she murmured and looked back at him. "I don't like hiding things or lying to people just to get some sort of compliments from them," he said. She nodded.

"That's good. But I am not like you," she said and chuckled awkwardly before looking away again. She took a deep breath and smiled a little. "I get scared, I am a coward and I keep thinking about what people might think," she said and chuckled again.

He kept watching her. "So you won't come," he said and finally moved his gaze away at the sea that was distant to them. Keya looked back at him again. His expressions were the same. Sometimes she thought he didn't feel anything at all. He was plain all the time. Yet she could feel his sadness when he spoke about particular things.

"I will," she said unexpectedly and his eyes moved to her as fast. She smiled back and nodded. His eyeballs were rapid as they moved on her face to know her reasons. "Why?" He asked while not having expected that from her. She laughed and his eyes stopped wandering anywhere around.

That sight was the most beautiful he had ever seen. His lips curled into a smile like before but this was more from his heart, where he felt genuinely happy for the first time in years.

She shook her head and looked at him again. "Hmm... I am curious about what you want to show," she said while containing her smile. He chuckled and looked ahead as he nodded. "Let's go," he said and turned to her. He held her hand yet again and pulled her inside the room to get out of the place.

Jaiden has always been good at dodging media and he did the same tonight as well. The car ran through the busiest streets of Mumbai and got out of the city in a few minutes. Keya gave him a confusing look.

"Khandala?" She asked. He shrugged. "A little before it. It will take an hour. I'll drive back if you don't want to go," he said while slowing the car a little. Keya sighed and looked out of the window. Her inner self was screaming at her to say yes to that and get back but somewhere deep down she wanted to go ahead.

She hadn't made many friends since she came here neither did she get an opportunity to see around while being constantly busy with work. She just visited places to shoot movies or brands but that's all. One part of her wanted to go along but the other was scared. Will it be right? Was she doing fine? Numerous questions started generating again and she found herself in the same state from where she wanted to come out.

She sighed and shook her head just to prove her mind wrong. She wanted to get away from those questions and focus on real stuff but it was hard. "That's fine," she said while still looking out. "Are you sure?" He asked. She stayed the same for some and pressed a smile before looking at him.

"Yes," she said while nodding further. He looked at the front and pressed on the accelerator as he increased the speed. The car rushed in the direction of the hill station from the less crowded highway.

The city was rushing back and the change was evident in the air that was getting colder as they approached the hill station. The car stopped on a deserted road. Keya gulped hard in fear as she looked around. Jaiden unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his side of the door. "I'm not going to eat you. Come out," he said and showed a smile of assurance.

She let out a deep breath and unbuckled her seatbelt as she got out slowly. She looked around with unsurety and looked at him. He was waiting for her to follow. She checked her mobile. It showed full signal and she felt a bit relieved. She looked at him again as his eyes kept looking at her.

She finally took a deep breath and started walking slowly. He turned and made his way to one side inside the trees. The flashlights were on as they walked in silence. The sound of crickets was audible as Keya's gaze roamed around in the dark. She was a bit scared but not because of Jaiden. She was more worried about insects hiding in the greenery. She walked through the rough path behind him for some time and could hear some noise at distance. It was water flowing through the rocks. She could feel the rocks under her feet sliding and her leg getting a bit wet as cold water touched them and made her shiver. A giggle left her mouth unknowingly.

Jaiden looked back at her. She chuckled. "What's this?" She asked. He shrugged. "Something I found years back," he said. She nodded and slipped on the stone again. Her heel got twisted and she widened her eyes but held on to Jaiden's arm. He was already holding her back when she realised what was happening. A chuckle left her mouth and she started laughing idiotically.

He smiled as he helped her stand at her place. She struggled and held his arm tightly as they walked further. The dense forest ended and a waterfall came in view. A gasp left Keya's mouth while looking at the beautiful surrounding. A clear sky with a full moon stayed above them with a few stars in between. Clearwater in front along with waterfall at distance. The sound was calming. She could see a few fireflies around and crickets were as always singing their song.

The whole scene looked like they were in some movie scene and the set was ready for the shoot. All the time, Jaiden's eyes were still on her as he noticed every little change in her expressions. The smile on her face was widest when she looked back at him.

"It's way too beautiful," she whispered while looking ahead. She left his arm and moved further ahead. "Do you like it?" He asked again. She nodded.

"A lot," she said further happily. He smiled and nodded. "I am glad," he said and moved his hand towards her face. He moved the strands hiding her face aside and her gaze moved at her involuntarily.

"Do you come here often?" She asked while looking away to kill the building tension. He nodded but didn't say anything more. "Alone or with a company like today?" She asked while surprising with her own question. He stared at her for a few moments and started laughing ahead.

She frowned while looking at him again. "What?" She asked further. He shook his head a little. "Alone," he said dodging the current question and answering for the one asked before. She sighed and looked away.

"How did you find this?" She asked. Jaiden shrugged. "I don't know," he said with a shrug. Like always he was dodging the questions. She didn't say anything and looked away again.

A smile formed on her lips again as she stared around one more time. Everything was truly worthy of coming this far and she surprisingly didn't regret this decision. He wasn't as bad as people talked about him but then why would they say those words about him? The question was disturbing but she pushed it at the back of her mind.

His hand scratched on hers and she looked back at him. He moved to her a little as his eyes flickered to her lips further. She stayed still while ignoring every warning that her mind kept giving her. It started playing the words of those people who asked her to keep the distance but she went deaf to those words.

He stopped at a little distance before her and moved his eyes back to her eyes. He tried searching for something inside them and finally asked, "Can I?"

She held her breath and moved her tongue through her lips unconsciously. Her eyes moved to the ground momentarily as she started debating with her inner self. She looked up at him again as the moments were passed in silence and gulped hard while giving a little nod.

What she was doing it, why was she being like this? Everything was beyond her understanding. Yet she wanted to go ahead this time. His hands moved on her waist and pulled her closer to him. She kept watching down while still debating with her mind. He moved his one hand up and held a finger under her chin. He made her look up at him as their eyes made the contact again.

He kept looking into them with depth for a few seconds while trying to read them but he couldn't as he was yet to know her. While not seeing anything he was searching for he took the signal and moved his hands back as he took a step back. "Let's leave," he said.

Disappointment grabbed her face as she watched him take a few steps away. "Why?" She asked subconsciously. He stopped to look at her again. "You will regret this," he said in a low voice. His face was still unreadable as he kept looking back at her.

A few more minutes passed the same way with the sound of crickets and insects. The sound of water was adding melody to that music. Before she could register what was happening she moved towards him. He kept watching her carefully. Her hands moved to his face after she reached him and she pulled his face down towards her.

Jaiden moved as she wanted him to. His face approached hers and she tiptoed slightly to reach further. Their lips brushed a little but her heels ditched her and her feet twisted a little. She winced slightly and looked down in pain.

Jaiden kept holding her with arms. "Can you walk?" He asked. She shook her head a little. "I don't know but I'll try," she said. He nodded while holding her tightly as he helped her to get to the car again.

"I am sorry," she said in a low voice while getting seated on the platform of the car with the door open wide. Jaiden kneeled before her and chuckled. "Don't be stupid," he murmured as he took her feet out of the heel carefully and looked at it carefully.

The expressions on her face were of pain yet her eyes kept scanning his face. He looked fine and if he cares then why do they say otherwise? Her heart kept asking that one question to her mind but she wasn't getting the answer. He pressed a certain part and she winced in pain again. He sighed and got up from his place.

He moved towards the driver's seat and opened the dicky of his car. He walked further back and came with a small white box in no time. All the while her eyes followed him everywhere.

He took out the spray from the first aid box and held her feet with his hand. She made an awkward face but didn't say anything. He further sprayed on the part that was hurt. "You'll feel better for some time. We can wrap the crepe bandage later," he said as he put the spray back in the box and closed it.

She didn't say anything and kept watching him. He started getting up but she held his shoulder and put him back. His confused gaze moved to her. She smiled a little and bent down towards him. His eyes flickered to her lips and in no time she reached him. Jaiden put his hand behind her back as he raised his body up slightly to help her and pressed his lips against hers.

He was fast enough to dominate as his lips started moving rapidly on her while sucking her soft pink. The sweet taste of her lipstick dwelled in his mouth. A moan left her as soon and he started deepening the kiss further. Keya's hands moved in his hair and tugged them tightly. He moved upwards and pushed her back a little inside the car. She kept holding on to him tightly.

His tongue kept exploring her mouth and she let him dominate. She moaned loudly this time and he bit her lips. "Jaiden," she whispered lightly and he pulled back while panting hard. She looked at him while catching on her breath.

His eyes moved to her lips again and he raised his hands as he wiped them with a thumb. He adjusted her messed up hairs a bit and all the while she kept watching him in the hope to hear anything that he had to say. But he didn't.

He bent down further and took the first aid box and walked at the back of the car. Her confused and nervous self kept sitting in the same state until he came back to her side again. "Get inside. It's late. We should head back," he said. Hurt flashed through her brown eyes while hearing those words.

Why was he so confusing? She moved her legs inside and adjusted her dress to cover her exposed thighs. Jaiden closed the door shut and walked to the other side to get on the driver's seat. He got settled and looked at her again.

She kept watching ahead in deep thoughts. What was it? Why didn't he say anything about the kiss? She enjoyed it but what about him? He sighed deeply and bent to her side. She gasped a little and pressed her back into the seat as she watched what he was doing.

He moved his hand to the back and pulled the seatbelt. His eyes flickered to her lips in between and she did notice it. He pulled the belt further and tucked it before getting back to his seat and starting the engine.

He pressed the accelerator again and raced the car to get out of that narrow road. Reaching the highway, he took U-turn further and started speeding the car to Mumbai yet again. She looked out of the window as her eyes clouded in tears. She felt hurt and she hated herself the most at that moment.

-------------------------------

That was all. The longest chapter yet and I hope you all liked it.

Let me know your views in the comments below.

Vote if you liked and I'll be back with another chapter soon.

Also, a new book for short stories called, 'Stories of Love' is out now. Check that on my profile if you like. ✨

Love, Kavya. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 899 43
She looked at him from the side while sitting on the balcony. The view in front was mesmerizing and so was he. He chuckled lightly as his gaze moved...
14.1K 1.2K 20
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...
12.7K 1.3K 58
For mature eyes only 18+ Tw: covid 19, death, sexual violence This is the sequel of "Stay" but can be read as a stand alone. Fiza looked up at her h...
764K 43.2K 66
Sanskar pinned her to a shelf blocking her way, his hand wrapping her waist and holding her tightly. Swara looked at this with wide eyes. "What are...