Broken Walls ✔

By greyxry

{MxM} COMPLETED Liam Moonhovan is a single father with a five-year-old child. He fixates on working and raisi... More

ch 1
ch 2
ch 3
ch 4
ch 5
ch 6
ch 7
ch 8
ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
ch 16
Ch 17
Ch18
ch 19
Ch 20
ch 21
ch 22
ch 23
ch 24
ch 25
ch 26
ch 28
ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31.
ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
37
Ch 38
Ch 39
ch 40
Ch 41
ch 42
Ch 43
ch 44
Ch 45
Epilogue
Bonus chapter: the more the merrier
Bonus chapter: No more of Alexis
Bonus chapter: First day of school
Last Bonus chapter: Legally Family
A/N

ch 27

9.9K 335 71
By greyxry

Liam Moonhovan

"Just when things were getting better," I grumbled as Enzo drove me to the elementary school.

 "Hey. Alexis is a great kid. So I'm sure there's a valid reason." Enzo stated, driving with his other hand, holding my hand at the middle armrest with the other. I grinned up at him, knowing that even though I was stressing out over Alexis.

Maybe I had been neglecting her too much recently. 

"Liam, it has nothing to do with your parenting. Take it from someone who was always getting into trouble in school "Enzo said as if he could hear my thoughts. "You were murmuring to yourself," he remarked, observing my surprised expression. I nodded and leaned forward, tightening my grip on his hand.

When we arrived, we rushed in to find Zach sitting outside the principal's office. "Zach what happened?" I questioned as I approached him, Enzo trailing behind me.

 "I'm not sure. They just called because I was her second emergency contact when you didn't answer, but I'm not her legal guardian, and I haven't seen her yet." He remarked as we came to a halt in front of him.

"Where is she?" I asked staring to worry out of my mind. Alexis had always been the "golden child," even in kindergarten and the first few months of school here. So her getting into a fight out of nowhere frightened me a lot. 

"Ah, Mr. Moonhovan, please come in," the principal remarked as he pushed open the door. Through his spectacles, he peered at Zach and Enzo. "Unfortunately, just one more individual may enter," he explained.

 "Go ahead, I'll wait out here," Enzo replied, both of us perplexed, but he grinned and waved for us to enter.

I shared a look with Zach before we followed the principal in. 

"Papa!" Alexis came coming up to me, clutching my leg. I picked her up, surprised by her appearance. Her short hair was disheveled, and she had a wound on the side of her cheek that was covered by a blue band aid. She was also covered in dirt from head to toe. She had a little bruise on her forehead.

 "What happened, Love?" I murmured, my heart pounding with anxiety and anger yet sinking at her appearance. We sat across from James and his parents, whose look was identical to Alexis'. 

"Now, I hope you're both aware that your kids got into a fight today. They have both been really lovely students, and we are delighted to have them join us in first grade, regardless of that fact such behavior is not tolerated." He remarked, and I nodded calmly, listening to him while comfortingly rubbing Alexis' back to stop her from crying.

"What exactly did happen?" James' father inquired. 

"We don't know for sure but it's reported they were arguing and then began fighting." The principal said. 

"It's apparent that unruly child attacked our son," James' mother added, pointing to Alexis. 

"No, I did not!" Alexis defended herself, sitting up in my lap.

"It's okay, I know you didn't," I said quietly, trying not to lose my composure. She's lucky I am in a good mood since I'd reconciled with both Zach and Enzo, so my patience was higher than usual; otherwise, that woman would have seen hell.

 I truly believed Alexis. She was a kid, so of course she lied but it was only about small thinks like brushing her teeth and finishing her vegetables. She'd never lied about anything important before, so I had no reason not to trust her over some woman who has the audacity to argue with a child, forget her literally acting like one.

"Would you please, Mrs. Johnson, let the children tell us what happened, James?" The principal muttered, disapprovingly looking at the older woman.

"Alexis said that she will not invite me to her party!" James yelled. 

"So you attacked her?" The principal questioned after receiving no response from the boy he sighed in astonishment and turned to face Alexis. 

"Alexis I thought you and James were friends? Why didn't you invite him to your party?" He questioned.

"Because-." She lifted her head and looked at nervously, and I nodded, urging her to speak out. "Because he was telling everyone bad things about me and papa." With a pout, Alexis accused.

 "What kind of bad things?" The principal was perplexed. 

"Oh, for Christ's sake. Even I know my son would never do something like that "His mother interjected once again.

"Mrs. Johnson. Please allow her to talk." The principal was irritated, and her husband seemed little embarrassed.

 "He...he....he" Alexis paused. "It's okay, Alexis, just tell him," Zach urged, and I agreed with a nod.

"He said me and papa were weird and bad. And he also said that papa is a going to hell. And he's a bad dad because he let's me wear boy clothes. and...no, that's not true "She burst out crying. Her words were incoherent as she attempted to continue, but I simply drew her close and let her sob, burring her face in my chest. We were all taken aback by her words, and I exchanged a glance with Zach, knowing it was probably about the article. 

"I just said that because my mom told me it was true, and my mom is-" James was silenced when his mother shushed him, forcing us all to stare at her. To be honest, I was more amused and astonished than offended. I couldn't care less what she thought of me. I simply didn't want Alexis to suffer as a result of it.

"Is that true, honey?" Her husband was the first to recover from the impact of the shock. 

"Of course not—" she defended herself. 

"Yea you said it yesterday when talking to on the phone" James cut her off. I love children and their honesty. 

The principal shifted in his seat, clearing his throat. "This is certainly a significant discovery. Mr. Johnson. We have zero tolerance for such behavior at our institution, so please work on whatever it is. We'll have to dismiss you from the school's parent board and the soccer team's management. James will be suspended for the remainder of the week, and I expect him to use that time to write an apology letter to Alexis and her father." He stated, before turning to face us.

"Please accept my sincere apologies. Alexis, you get away with cleaning up after recess for the rest of the week. Fighting is never the answer, no matter how excellent your case, thus you must still be punished. Immediately tell a teacher the next time " he remarked in a more compassionate tone, as Alexis hung her head down and nodded slightly hiccupping as she tried to stop crying. "You are free to leave. I'll have to talk to the Johnsons about it further "he remarked as he motioned to the door

Zach and I stood up, and I cradled Alexis in my arms as she sobbed again. "Hey princess, don't cry," Zach whispered as we walked out the door. I gently swayed her since I knew she despised talking when she cried.

 "Is everything all right?" Enzo asked standing up as we left the office.

As soon as I gave Zach the go-ahead, he discreetly filled Enzo in as we exited the school. Alexis had calmed down enough by the time we arrived at the parking lot to lift her head from my shoulder. I knew we'd have to talk about it eventually, but not now since I didn't want to unsettle her any further.

"Could you take us home?" I asked, gazing across at Enzo. 

"Sure," he said as he opened the car, and I went into the passenger seat, reluctant to split from my daughter and fastening the seat belt around both of us. We said our goodbyes to Zach, who had claimed he was going to check on Zaria. When we arrived home, Alexis and I said our goodbyes to Enzo and headed upstairs to her bedroom.

"Hey, sweetheart, do you want to talk about what happened?" I asked as  she sat on her bed, fiddling with her fingers, I perched on the edge besides her. 

"Not really," she said as she looked down. 

"That's ok. But, the next time someone bullies you, please just tell me or at least tell Mr. Toun "I stated, placing my hand on her head.

"I simply don't like it when people say mean things about me and you," she admitted, causing my heart to flutter. "I know, sweetheart, but people will always say nasty words, so sometimes you just have to be a grown up and ignore them," I ruffled her hair with a smile.

Her much lighter green eyes met mine as she glanced up at me. "You're not angry?" She asked, sadly. 

"No, I am not. I only wish you had told me, but I'm not upset with you." I smiled, and she smiled back, her own grin growing on her face. 

"Alexis, I need you to be truthful with me," I said. She glanced at me with a perplexed expressio.

"Are you okay with Papa having a boyfriend?" I asked biting my lip. 

She gazed down at her blanket before looking up at me. "Yea. I think it's very cool." Alexis said with a sweet smile. 

"You do?" I asked. Slightly taken a back by the sudden enthusiasm in her voice.

 "Mhmm," she responded with a nod of her head. "Then I can have two Papas," Alexis smiled, raising two fingers. 

I smiled at her, relieved that she was okay with it. "Thank you so much, honey."

"Do you have a crush, Papa?" She inquired, wide eyes and a an even wider smile on her face, as if she hadn't been bawling her eyes out minutes before. I laughed and gave her a small nod. "Is it Enzo? I like him" She said simply although it made my eyes widen.

Was I really that obvious? Sure Zach and Zaria guessed it, but Alexis, wow.

She squealed as I nodded. "What makes you like him?"

I sighed as I was taken aback. "Because he is very nice to me and genuinely cares about me. He never forces me to do anything I don't want to do. And he always pays attention when I talk. I'm at comfortable with him, and he makes me happy. we can can relax, laugh together, and be ourselves. He always manages to make me feel better "I remarked, gazing across at her. "Please make sure your crushes are just as great if not better to you, okay?" I inquired, and she enthusiastically nodded.

"Is there anything else?"

"Uhhh- I guess I really like his hair, and his piercing" I mumbled.

I noticed her grin fade and she moved over to sit in my lap. And she rested her head on my chest, her arms attempting to wrap around my body but only reaching my sides. I returned her hug. "Papa," she whispered softly.

"What is it?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the wall, detecting her sudden change in mood.

"There's something he said that I didn't tell you," she added quietly.

"And what is that?" I inquired, quietly.

"I also fought with him because he said that I'll never be a real boy" she admitted. My face softened, and I drew her back to my knees so our eyes could meet.

"Alexis. Did it upset you when he said you'd never be a boy?" I questioned, and she slowly nodded. "Do you think you're a boy?" I questioned, and received another hesitant, cautious nod from her. It's not that I was startled or couldn't tell. 

Sure, I figured she was simply a tomboy at first, but that concept had always persisted in the back of my mind. Of course, she's only a baby, so it's not a huge concern right now, and she has plenty of time to change her mind and discover herself.

"Then you can be a boy if you want" I said ruffling her hair.

 "I can?" Alexis solicited, glancing up at me. 

"Yea. You can be anything you want in the entire universe" I smiled as I dropped back onto her bed. 

"Can I be like you papa?" She asked. My heart swelled. 

"Anything you want," I grinned again. She crawled upon my chest when I was lying down.

 "I love you very very much. You're the best papa." she smiled. "Alexis, I love you well as. You're even better" I mumbled. 

Although no one, not even her or Zach, would ever known it, she actually saved my life, and I will be eternally grateful to her. We quickly fell asleep together, with a smile on our faces. Alexis has been and will continue to be my top priority. Regardless of who is angry with me or how depressed I am. She always comes first, and when she's happy, I'm happy, biological daughter or not.

At first, I only adopted her to make things right with Alice. I felt like such a shitty brother for abandoning her in that condition with my parents. I had always guarded her throughout her life, but when I earned a scholarship, I basically left her to fend for herself. When she died, I hated myself for it and viewed adopting her kid as a way to make amends, as bad as it sounds.

I struggled at first because Alexis looks so much like her; I couldn't look her in the eyes without crying since they were identical to Alice's. But now   I can't help but smile whenever her bright green eyes meet mine. She resembled her mother in many ways, including her extroverted, warm, and stubborn nature. However, as much as I miss Alice and regret abandoning her, I love Alexis for who she is, and whoever she decides to be, I will accept and love her wholeheartedly.

JUST TO CLARIFY BEFORE ANYONE ASKS!!!  I still use she/her for Alexis because

1. As Liam said she's just a baby and is still figuring herself out.

2. Pronouns do not equals gender so even if she does Identify as a boy she can still use she/her

3. She hasn't officially come out yet and hasn't picked any preferred pronouns to go by.

A/N

So turns out as the book goes the chapters are just getting longer. Because this one also ended up being trouble the length but I didn't want to cut it half.

I hope you liked it though. 

I missed writing about Liam's and Alexis' relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 4.8K 106
This a Ohm and Nanon fanfic but an original story. 17-year old Art has a secret; he's in love with his best friend Fiat. Fiat is handsome, smart, a...
840K 37.5K 26
"Those kids ain't right, I've seen the smallest one bash a mans skull against the shower wall with a grin... it's a fucking wolves resort!" St. Emil...
869K 27.2K 29
Rayn has always loved working on cars with his dad. When his Dad died in an accident, his world changed. His mom snapped and became abusive, but ment...
44.8K 2.1K 105
Aiden is a young, widely famous singer struggling with drug addiction after going through an intense breakup. His label sends him to a psychiatric ho...