Brielle

By busyreadding

Brielle Yves is the new girl, except she's not actually new. She's been to Langston before, but only when she... More

a/n
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
fourty five
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

twenty-three

69.5K 1.2K 2.5K
By busyreadding

GRAYSON

The tension between Bee and Ben at the minute, is very thick. Making it really fucking awkward to stand here between them.

The gold card sits in front of them on the counter as they stare at each other in silence, unsure on what to do or say.

Putting the cigarette back inbetween my lips, I walk over to the counter picking up the golden card and reading it.

"You are invited to the marriage of Candice and Charles," I read aloud, the words being slightly muffled due to the cigarette in my lips.

Ben told me about his dad one time, it was only small. I understood, he didn't want to talk about it, said it was long gone. And I didn't mind that, he'll tell me when he's ready.

Or Bee will, I don't mind.

"He's getting married again," Bee whispers, averting her eyes from her twin brother to the floor.

Ben listens, his eyebrows pulled together as he stares at the card in my hand. I put it back on the counter before moving to the window to blow the smoke out.

"Don't you think it's weird how he just randomly invites us," Bee starts, "He's been married like three times since we last saw him, why now?"

Ben let's out a sigh shrugging, he takes one look at me and then the invitation.

"I guess he wants to make it up," He answers unsurely, but the look across Bee's face shows relief and uncertainty.

"I guess," She barely whispers, I look around- trying to find anything that would change the subject, as the look on their faces shows they really don't want to talk about it.

"We should go," Brielle announces, nodding at her brother who sends her a look.

I do the same, from what I've heard about their dad he sounds like a total dickhead. And I would not want too see him ever again if I was them, and I've only heard a little. But it's their choice, I'll just go along with whatever.

"You want too?" Ben asks, concern lacing his tone.

Bee shrugs, "Why not? It's an all paid trip too Hawaii for a week, straight after Christmas. Seems fun."

"Yeah fun until we see dad again," Ben adds, pointing a finger.

"Yeah, but we won't run into him all the time will we? We can do our own things, plus I can get a tan," I chuckle, so that's why she wants to go, to get a tan.

"As long as your okay with it," Ben sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm okay with it," She nods before turning to me, "Well seems as I need a date for this thing, care to come with?"

My eyebrows raise, she's asking me.

My neck starts to feel warm as the feeling spreads across my cheek and I clear my throat, throwing the cigarette bud down the sink.

"Hm, I'll think about it," Bee's face turns into a glare as she takes a step closer to me, leaning on the counter for support.

"You owe me."

I spin around, shit I forgot.

"Hang on, why does he owe you?" Ben interrupts, pointing a finger between us.

She raises her eyebrows and tilts her head to one side, daring me to say something.

I sigh, preparing myself to tell Ben what happened, knowing he's probably going too chase me around the fucking house with some wooden spoon.

As he's threatened to do, several times.

"Grayson here, thought it'd be funny too fake buy me a puppy," Ben gasps, placing a hand on his heart.

"How could you," He whispers, narrowing his eyes at me accusingly.

"And I'm still a little mad at him, and he really wants me to forgive him so, you owe me sweetheart, your coming to Hawaii," Bee orders, pointing a finger at me.

The bags under her eyes are a light purple and a slight green, I noticed them in the janitors closet today. I think she's struggling to sleep, just like I am.

I flutter my eyes closed, when I re-open them I find Brielle smirking at me and Ben glaring at me.

I think he's still annoyed about the puppy thing, Ben and Bee adore dogs. One time, Ben made me stop the car because he saw a doggy day care at some park.

We were almost two hours late for school.

"You know what, fine," I grumble, sending Bee a smirk, "I'll be your fucking date."

Brielle nods happily, as Ben still scowls at me and I roll my eyes.

He takes several steps towards me, "Look, if you treat my sister like you treat all those girls at school you're dead. You hurt her, I hurt you okay?"

He lifts up a hand and slaps me on the back harshly, gaining the attention of Bee who furrows her brows at us. Ben put thumbs up at her, before turning back to me.

"Got it?"

"Got it," I repeat nodding sheepishly.

A leaflet sits on the kitchen side and I pick it up, inspecting it before lifting it up in the air.

Throwing it across the island, Ben picks it up before handing it to Bee who reads it several times. Her eyes meet mine for a split second, as I smirk.

"Tomorrow night," I say.

"Bring it on," Ben grins, and Bee rolls her eyes.

"I'm inviting Leo and Astrid, no way am I hanging out with only you dickheads," She scoffs.

"Good, then I'm inviting the boys," Ben agrees, putting two hands on his sisters shoulders.

"I guess I'm inviting Miles and Reece."

~~~

BRIELLE

Little kids run around us in bobble hats and gloves with big coats hanging down to their knees. I can't help but watch in awe as they get all excited about santa.

I can't wait to have a mini me running around.

I kind of look like a big kid at the moment, the mittens on my hand, a new era hat, big puffer coat and a fluffy scarf.

"You look freezing," Leo laughs, eyeing me up and down as I let one leg bounce.

"I am freezing," I reply, showing them how my breath instantly turns to a cloud of fog every time I breathe out.

Even when wearing a hundred layers I'm still cold, Connecticut is freezing as fuck, and I thought London was cold in winter.

"Your nose and cheeks are all red," Grayson teases, running a finger along my skin, making me shiver in response.

"Like rudolph," Astrid joins in, making many people laugh. Including my brother, who looks the exact same as me right now but doesn't get called rudolph.

"Oh ha ha," I joke, slapping Graybear's hand away and he smirks pushing his hand back in his sweatpants.

Grayson decided not to wear anything that would actually keep him warm, instead he wore gray joggers and a black hoodie.

His hood is currently up, his brown waves peaking out through the top as a chain does the same by his neck.

His nose is a little red from the cold, but that's about it. His hands are shoved inside his joggers pockets, most likely keeping them warm.

But I have my mittens for that.

"I'm honestly surprised you aren't freezing," I say to Grayson as people break off into their groups.

Miles and Reece, Astrid and Leo and then Ben and the rest of the football team.

It's Friday night, and we are spending it at the christmas fair. Fun times.

"I'm a hockey boy babe, I'm used to the cold," He shrugs it off as though it's nothing, but I can see through that.

"But. I thought that doesn't mean that it's you'd get used to it," I mumble, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

He smirks, "I've lived in Connecticut most of my life, there's a point where you don't feel it as much as other people do. But hockey helps."

Taking off one of the mittens, the cold reaches my hand making it feel like it's going to freeze off. I reach up, pressing my hand against his cheek.

I gasp, "You feel like ice."

It's true, just one touch of his face cheek and my hand already has goosebumps. He's freezing.

Grayson leans into my touch slightly, "I'm fine, don't worry about me."

Rolling my eyes, I pull my mitten back on, engulfing my hand in the warmth of my glove.

Ah, how I love being warm.

"You look nice and cosy," He looks me up and down before smirking a little.

"I feel like a mum, have I overdressed? You know what, I don't care it's keeping me warm," I correct myself, looking down at my body.

"No and also no, you don't look overdressed it's cute."

"Cute, I'll take it," I shrug, biting back a smile.

"Looking like some kind of hockey wife/mum, it's a good look on you. Maybe you should try it out."

My eyebrows furrow as I tilt my head to one side.

"It's not like I'm offering," He says, pushing a hand out and I smile looking up at him.

"But even if it was, I'm totally available. The options here baby."

A blush fills my cheeks, it's probably not as noticeable seeing as my face is apparently already red due to coldness of mid December.

"Well, I'll think about it," I whisper, leaning my head to one side to see Leo and Astrid talking to this one girl.

Ben joins at my side, he's actually dressed for winter.

Only slightly.

He's wearing a beanie, and that's about it.

Leo and Astrid turn around, walking over to us three with the girl following behind them.

The girl in question, has light ginger hair with a pair of the lightest blue eyes I've ever seen. She's wearing a pink puffer coat, along with beige coloured leggings.

If she likes the outfit she does, go her.

"This is Ellie, she's our date."

My eyes widen, and I'm pretty sure I heard Ben choke on his drink. Which I didn't realise he even had.

"What like both of your dates?" I ask, pointing a finger between the grinning Astrid and smirking Leo.

"Yup," Leo says, pushing a hand around Ellie's shoulder.

"We're sharing," Astrid explains excitedly, and I swallow back a laugh.

"We'll see you around," Leo says, walking away with one hand in Ellie's while her the other hand holds Astrid's.

We watch as they walk away, a confused but weird expression playing on our faces as they become out of eyesight.

"I guess you really are stuck with us," Grayson says, putting a hand on my waist before lowering it.

Miles and Reece appear in front of us, Miles looks grumpy as fuck, and Reece well looks like he really needs to say something.

"What do you reckon they're gunna have a threesome behind the toilets?"

"Oh my god, way to ruin the mood idiot."

~~~

I rock on my heel back and forth as we stand in the queue for the ferris wheel.

After ages of begging Ben, Grayson and the other two, they finally agreed to go on the wheel. I only want too so I can see some pretty lights, and snow.

"We have to do this?" Grayson checks for the hundredth time in the past two minutes.

I nod, "Yes sir."

His face screws up and my eyes widen quickly.

"Do not tell me you have a sir kink," I whisper sheepishly, trying not to smile.

He smirks but then realisation hits him and he shakes the look off his face, replacing it with a frown.

"What? No I don't, what the fuck?"

I laugh while shrugging, "Just checking, some people do."

"Weird."

"Hey, you can't help what other people like! It's not their fault they get turned on by something, it usually comes from trauma, and that makes me feel bad for them."

Grayson listens to my ramble and I sigh, "But still, don't judge, I don't."

"I wasn't judging," He protests, pulling his hood down and ruffling his hair only to pull the black hood up again.

"Sure," I grin, rocking back and forth.

How long is this thing going to take?

Graybear let's out a deep breath, pulling out a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket.

"No you idiot!" I whine, pushing his hand back into his front joggers pocket.

"There's kids here."

"You're going to be such a good fucking mum," He mutters, and both our eyes drop to my hand.

My eyes widen at where my hand is right now, and I pull my lips into a thin line removing my hand quickly.

Right by his fucking front pocket.

Blush covers my face and neck as Grayson smirks from above me.

"Kinky," Is all he says and I roll my eyes, he seems to find it incredibly funny as he puts the pack back in his pocket.

"But seriously? Here, and right now? Babe we're going on a ferris wheel," He says the last part uneasily, looking up at the very large wheel.

"I didn't mean too!" I whisper, trying not to smile or have my brother listen to this.

It's embarrassing enough as it is.

"Oh you're going to pay."

I choke on my drink Grayson bought me, a dr pepper from one of the stalls.

He also laughed at me, saying that having a cold drink was only going to make me colder. But the drink is so worth it, so worth it.

"I am?" I ask, putting the drink in the bin as we pass it. I'm walking backwards now as he takes strides towards me.

"Mhm," He hums, looking down at me.

"When?"

"Soon."

I'm about to speak, but I get interrupted by one of the workers for the ferris wheel.

"Just you two?" He asks, and I nod spinning around, fishing out my back pocket for money.

Grayson gives the man the money before pushing me up the stairs, using his hand on my lower back.

The man points to a free kart and we both jump in, Grayson sitting extremely close to me as the kart is very small and tight.

I don't think it's really made for a 6'3 man made of muscles, and a girl wearing a very big puffer coat which takes up a lot of space.

It's not until we start going that I notice Graybear's leg bouncing up and down very quickly. And the looks as we start to go higher, his hands also start trembling.

"Are you okay?" I ask, weary of his shaking. I tell myself it might be the cold, but I ask anyway.

"You're like shaking."

"I'm not like shaking," He pauses sending me a look before pointing to his leg bouncing up and down.

"I am shaking."

My eyebrows furrow and he tenses as we get higher, my mouth drops as I try to bite back the smile.

"You're scared."

"No," He answers quickly, making me bite back a laugh.

"You so are," I smile, leaning over the small rail keeping us in place.

"Don't do that," Grayson quickly says, pushing me back onto the seat and closer to him so our arms are touching.

"You might fall."

"It's secured in place," I wiggle the railing, pushing it back and forth which only makes him death glare me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, sitting back again as we slowly start to get higher.

This thing is going so slowly, it's almost like the London Eye, it takes fucking ages to go around. As well as it pausing every few minutes to let people on and off.

Biting down on my tongue, I try not to smile or laugh as we start to slowly get higher. I don't even think we're a quarter the way up yet.

"I thought you said you don't judge," Grayson grumbles, folding his arms across his chest.

"I don't!"

"Then what is this," He points a finger in my face circling it as I smile, using my hand with a mitten on to cover it.

The other hand currently doesn't have my glove on, seeing as I gave one to Grayson after his hand looked as though it was going blue.

"Banta," I say unsurely, laughing a little in my breath.

Grayson rolls his eyes before turning back to the view, it's so pretty. City lights and other stuff are in my eyesight.

I gasp, feeling someone's gaze on the side of my face. It's obvious it's Gray seeing as he's the only person on this kart with me.

And instead of looking at the view, he's looking at me instead.

"You're really pretty you know?"

A blush fills my cheeks and I bite down on my bottom lip to hide the smile.

We stop at the top, feeling the cold wind hit our faces as our kart rocks back and forth.

Grayson stiffens, his whole body freezing as his eyes clamp shut.

I grab my free hand, placing it over his before squeezing his fingers together. His hands are weirdly warm, maybe his pockets are just warm.

Grayson locks our fingers together, holding my hand tightly as I sigh.

The kart starts moving again, and I expected Grayson to let go of my hand. But he doesn't, he holds it extremely tightly as we make our way around again.

"Fuck yes," He grumbles, getting ready to be let out and I grin.

Maybe he didn't read the sign.

But we completely pass the worker, being lifted in the air again and I let out a loud laugh.

Even the worker sent us a little wave as we went past, Miles and Reece are sat on the kart above us while Ben and some girl he met, on the one below us.

Grayson turns to me, his face set in a harsh glare as I burst out laughing again. Using his hand to cover my face.

"We go around for two," I whisper, screwing my face up as I lift my hand with a mitten up. At least that hands warm and not being eaten alive by the cold.

"You're shitting me."

We finally get off, and Grayson looks more than happy to be away from the ferris wheel.

Miles and Reece are waiting for us at the bottom, and we wait for Ben to come. Which he does, waving at the girl he was with.

Unsurprisingly, she hasn't come off with swollen lips or anything for that fact. That's weirdly not what I was expecting.

"What you wanna do now?" Ben asks, adjusting his beanie on his head.

We all fall silent, waiting for someone to say something or anything.

"The abandoned park is just over there," Miles points behind us, it's not until now I realise my hand is still locked with Grayson's.

Heat covers my face and I swing the arm back and forth, the brunette looks down and smirks.

"You want to go?" Ben asks me and I nod, why not? It sounds fun.

We start walking, my hand in Grayson's and his hand in mine as Ben delights us all on the dream he had last night.

It isn't the best one we've heard.

We arrive at the park, it's a lot creepier than I expected. Black gates that creak all the time, and when they said abandoned they meant it.

There's an old rollercoaster, ferris wheel, carousel, and some kind of haunted house looking thing.

"Don't worry babe, we come here a lot. We used to come here a lot, it's safe," Graybear assures, leaning into me.

Our hands very much still intact.

"I'm sure," I mutter, taking several looks around.

I feel like I'm in some creepy clown horror movie.

Miles and Reece run straight towards the ferris wheel, which lays half on the floor- a metal container right by its side.

Most of the ferris wheel is still high up though, and I cannot see Grayson climbing that anytime soon.

Or going on it, for that matter.

"Gray, come here," Reece exclaims as we make our ways over.

Miles lifts himself up on the big metal container, creating a loud bang as he stands on it. I watch as he looks back down at us.

"For old times sake?"

He looks at Grayson who smirks, nodding. My eyebrows furrow, what?

"What? It's not like I did anything way, I just sat and watched you," Grayson grumbles, his hand in mine.

Reece laughs, pushing himself on the container. Ben follows, talking to Reece and Miles as he smiles in understanding at what they're doing.

"Hold this for me yeah?" Grayson asks, pulling out his phone and airpods from his pocket.

I nod putting them in my jacket, "What are you d-"

I get cut off when a pair of lips meet my forehead, in a kiss.

"I'll be careful."

My eyes widen as Graybear walks away, letting go of my hand as he walks towards the metal container as if he didn't just kiss me on the head.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach at the thought of it, he just kissed me on the head.

Grayson easily lifts himself on the block, if he didn't have a shirt on his muscles would totally be flexing right now.

Why am I thinking about him without a shirt on?

Miles jumps onto the first kart, pushing himself up as he uses a rail for support. I gulp, watching Reece follow.

My eyes widen, they're climbing an abandoned ferris wheel that looks like it's going to break off in any second. Including the fact it's creaking every two minutes.

Grayson on the other hand, sits on the metal container staring down at me as I watch my brother stand on the broken edges of the ferris wheel that was once used in the olden days.

Metal pangs, making me jump, but it was only Grayson patting the side of him so I'd sit up there with him. But only I'm not as tall as him and his friends so trying to get up there would be just embarrassing.

"Come on," Gray whispers, holding his arm out for me as I stand on a small rock and grab onto his arm. He pulls me up, helping me sit next to him.

My eyes widen, I'm not that heavy, but the fact he was able to pull me up with one arm and acted barely affected made me think I'm as light as a feather.

"Scared of heights so you don't do that?" I ask, pointing towards the boys shouting at each other on the old ferris wheel.

"Nope," He laughs, shaking his head, "You'd never see me on that. I've always been scared of heights."

A smile tugs at my lips, as I see him stare at me from the corner of my eyes. Meanwhile, I stare into the trees around us, small chatter and screams from little kids from the fair just through the trees.

We sit in silent for a while, staring into space, only until he begins to speak. His deep voice the only thing heard, fog in the air in front of him due to the cold.

"I'm sorry," Grayson says, shocking me.

He clears his throat, "I um, wanted to give you something before we left but you were in a rush and I didn't want to distract you." He rubs the back of his neck nervously.

A laugh escapes him, but it isn't a normal one, it's a awkward, nervous one, "I took a photo of it, I had it in my room so I could give it to you. But since we left, I um obviously couldn't."

He stumbles over his words as he digs his hands into his pocket, looking for his phone. I stare at him with confusion, wondering what the hell he's on about.

He wanted to give me something but didn't have time? Is that his excuse for being nervous about doing it? Because we had to wait a whole half an hour for Ben to finish whatever he was doing.

Maybe that explains why Grayson was so fidgety before leaving, I told him to stop at one point when he kept moving around and wouldn't sit still.

Grayson opens his phone, clicking on messages finding it already open to me. With an unsent message patiently waiting to be sent.

There's a message, so I can't see the photo until he clicks on it. My mouth almost drops.

There on his bed sits a bouquet of roses, but not a normal one. One of the massive ones you'd see the Kardashians get for their birthdays. Along with a few boxes of chocolates spread out near them.

Unintentionally, my hand covers my mouth as I stare at the photo in front of me. My heart beat picking up, he bought these, for me?

Grayson speaks up, "I knew a simple word apology isn't the best, but I fucked up. And caused you to stop being mad at me because I had a panic attack," He winces as though it upsets him for having a panic attack.

I feel my eyes well, no one has ever bought me anything like this. Even for an apology.

"I understand if you're still mad at me. I get that I made several mistakes. Starting with not letting you explain, in several situations. It was dumb and I was a fucking idiot," He says, owning up to his mistakes, which not many people can do.

My breath hitches as I look at him, seeing an emotion that tells me he's being serious. It makes tears well up again, I think I'm due.

"That girl I was sat with yesterday, I don't have an excuse for that. You were right, I would hurt her. But I was just trying to take my mind off you, your in my head Brielle. All the fucking time," Grayson gulps, his jaw twitching as he thinks about it.

"I know it's not an excuse for sitting with that girl, but it went nowhere I swear. Ever since the janitors closet yesterday I haven't been with someone."

"Wow," I say sarcastically, "What. A. Shocker."

Grayson rolls his eyes sarcastically, "I'm just trying to say, I'm really fucking sorry. And I'd like to prove it to you."

"If you could give me a chance."

I look down at the photo on his phone that's sat in his lap, the huge bouquet of red roses and chocolates that look expensive sat around it.

His eyes drop to the floor, deep in thought as I do the same. He seemed genuine, like he was actually sorry. Something I haven't seen before.

"Fine," I whisper, watching him smile, "But if you mess up again, I'll need a lot more than just roses and chocolates. Not that it isn't great- it is. I love it."

His smile fills his face, looking extremely happy again, "I won't fuck anything up, I promise."

My eyebrows raise testing him, but he smiles back at me, grabbing a hold of my hand covered by my mitten.

Grayson turns around, jumping off the container, "Jump. I'll catch you. They're coming down now."

Turning around, I see my brother, Reece and Miles slowly making their ways down the ferris wheel. Holding onto anything that will help them not fall.

Graybear stands uneasy on his feet for a second before rebalancing, adjusting his gray sweatpants and hoodie.

Getting myself ready to jump off the metal block we've been sitting on, two arms wrap around me, letting me hit the ground nicely so I don't end up with a broken ankle.

One of Grayson's arms stay wrapped around me, holding me in place as I watch my brother and his friends jump onto the metal block. Loud bangs could be heard from miles away.

Only Miles doesn't land on his feet, he lands on his ass instead.

I snicker, before shutting up once the blonde sends me a death glare.

"Hey, where's Ben?" I question, pointing towards Miles and Reece. Where Reece is currently pissing himself after watching Miles fall.

Not literally pissing himself.

Graybear spins around, looking around before shrugging. I swear Ben was just there, and now he's not.

"Ben?" I call out, looking around as my heart starts beating.

Is he hurt?

What happened to him?

But my thoughts are cut off by something standing behind me and screaming.

I jump, and also scream as I turn around seeing Ben stood behind me. Laughing his damn ass off.

"Not funny," I scold, shaking my head as I turn to Grayson who is also biting back a laugh.

"That was so funny," Ben wheezes, leaning over as I roll my eyes.

Grayson joins him, letting a deep tired laugh out and I sigh.

"Dickheads."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 8.8K 62
She's rich, the perfect student, and graduating early. He's a heathen, a heartbreaker, and well he may never graduate... These all might be true, but...
39 0 9
˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚⋆˚✿˖° When Jade, a woman with unyielding independence, crosses paths with the charismatic Max Logan, little does she know that a seemingly ha...
66K 1.8K 15
Emma Reese's main worries used to be homework, feeding her cat and being able to find her Friends reruns in the DVR. That was until she decides to do...