Apathy

By BabyElle_

Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out wit... More

๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž
๐‚ ๐€ ๐’ ๐“
๐€ ๐„ ๐’ ๐“ ๐‡ ๐„ ๐“ ๐ˆ ๐‚ ๐’
1| Hallelujah
2| The phone call
3| Jealousy
4| Prodigies
5| Shopping trip
6| Back to school
7| The Deadly three
8| The rest of the Regios
9| Midnight talk
10| Mother-daughter
11| Bonding
12| Coming out
13| Back home
14| Santiago
15| The Day
16| Father-Daughter
17| Romi
18| Family Day
19| Ambush
20| Meetings
21| Hello, bitches
22| The dinner
23| Familiar
24| Past
25| Mon ร‰toile
26| Caught
27| The Photo
28| Hey Kiddos
29| Revelation
30| Italy
31| Mission
32| Court
33| Why me?
34| Hate at first sight
35| Old friend
36| Queens, NY
37| Reunion
39| Torture session
40| Happy Birthday
41| Angelo Regio
42| Famiglia
๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž

38| The Truth

10.9K 344 180
By BabyElle_

A S T R A E A

I don't think I have felt this relieved and relaxed for years. Santi and gramps came home a few weeks ago and everything is doing just fine.

I still don't know how to feel about Verra's death. She was a sister who betrayed me. She doesn't deserve my grief but I couldn't help but feel sorrow and guilt. After all, she died protecting my family.

She hurt me. She betrayed me. She lied to me. She put my life at risk. She spied on me. But seeing her dead, lifeless body lying on the floor soaked with blood still made my heart clench.

I can't forget the good memories we shared. The times were I cried in her arms and the times where we laughed together until we couldn't breathe.

But now she's gone. She didn't deserve death because in the ned she was a victim like me. She just wanted her parents' love, just like any child would. I somehow regret that I didn't give her a second chance. I was granted one but she didn't have that opportunity. I didn't give it to her. Dying for my family was her way of asking for redemption. I forgive her the minute I knew she was fighting a hopeless battle just to protect my loved one which cost her, her last breath.

I sigh and got out of bed. Mom texted on the family group chat asking for everyone to come downstairs. Now that Santiago and Grandpa are going better, I am sure the whole purpose of this meeting is to talk about the earth-shattering news we found a few weeks ago. The same news that has been endlessly occupying my mind lately.

I close my bedroom's french doors behind me as I made my way to the living room. Mom and Dad were sitting tensely on the couch while Ma and Pa stared at them anxiously with a feeling that I couldn't put my hands on.

I quietly sat next to Valerio and looked at them blankly. I have been trying so hard not to blame them or be angry at them but I couldn't help the feeling of bitterness that has been growing inside of me as each day pass without them explaining.

"So..." Dad cleared his throat when everyone was seated

"We have been waiting for Santiago and Angelo to get better to talk about what Astraea found out a few weeks ago. Even though that was just an excuse to avoid talking to you guys and explaining but we can't keep it a secret any longer. We planned on telling you this after the triplets' birthday but we think that now is the right moment" Mom continued trying to control her emotions

"Before we explain. I know you guys will be mad and you have every right to be furious at us but please try to understand and think about it from our point of view. We don't want this news to ruin our relationship with you or create distance between us" Dad sigh and it's one of the rare times since I knew him that I saw him vulnerable.

"Seventeen years ago when I found out I was pregnant for the fifth time, we were ecstatic. We were really hoping for a girl. A few weeks later we found out that I was pregnant with not only one child but four. We were expecting quadruplet. It made us even happier to have more children" Mom stopped ripping some of the tears from her eyes

The reaction on everyone's faces made me doubt if someone other than my parents knew, which for an unknown reason made me feel a little bit better.

"The most joyful day of that nine months of pregnancy was when we found out the genders. Three boys and finally one girl. I was having a girl, it was like a dream come true. Everything was going fine. There was no complication, everything went smoothly even when I gave birth to you. It was a shock when we were informed that the oldest quadruplet, Appollo had a lung problem and wasn't breathing properly. I was so scared of losing him but I kept pushing until you were all out. We were told later that Apollo passed away a few minutes after I gave birth to him. My heart completely broke. I lost my son that day. And I gained a daughter and two other sons to raise and love" She broke down crying, her eyes filled with guilt, pain, and sorrow

Quadruplet

Apollo

Lung problems

Passed away

"We suspected that it was some sick game to kidnap him since there were no signs of lung problems before and our obstetrician said that the four of you are perfectly healthy. His body organs were donated. We tried to search for him to see if he was still alive or what happened was true. We couldn't find anything. We searched hundreds of orphanages, but we didn't find our Apollo. Eventually, we gave up. We were in denial. He was truly dead." Dad continued the story giving mom a break to calm herself even though he was shedding a few tears himself.

Holy shit—

My heart was shattering. I looked at my triplets we were all crying. We had another brother. Apollo. The oldest. He died. We never met him. We didn't grow up with him. We didn't even know he fucking existed.

Our parents hid his existence from us. They lied to us. I was fucking furious at them. But I still couldn't hate them. They also lost a child. A loss I can't even imagine.

"Fucking hell!" Romeo yelled furiously "We have another brother. A dead brother. And you hid this from us our whole life? Were you even planning on telling us this if the triplets never came back" He hissed

"Romeo keeps your voice down" Antonio glared at him when he saw Mom sobbing even more after Romeo's outburst. I know my older brother was mad at our parents for keeping this away from him but he was thinking reasonably like a true don.

"Sorry" Romi muttered looking only half apological

"Fuck" Ares cursed loudly as he got up from his seat while running his hands on his face like a crazy person.

"We—we have another brother? A quadruplet?" Atlas's voice was so weak and laced with emotions that it made my heart crack.

I couldn't focus on anyone. I could merely even focus on what is was feeling.

T H I R D    P E R S O N

"That's not all," Isabella announced looking a Pa for reassurance, and she continued when he nodded "We also have something to at related to the story. My biological parents stared at them confused just like we did.

"When we saw the photos a few weeks ago in the envelope Astraea showed us we had our suspicions. But we weren't sure until we ran a DNA test" Carlos said as they started their story that will lead to another unexpected reveal.

F L A S H B A C K

"Mommy, mommy. I am hungry. What's for dinner?" Young Alejandro asked his mother as he entered the kitchen with his teddy best in his hands

"Your favorite" Isabella smiled fondly at her oldest son.

"Gummy bears?" He jumped in excitement

"No" His mother laughed at her child's innocence "Tacos" She answered

"Yes! Tacos! I love tacos!" Andro ran around the kitchen in happiness

Carlos entered the kitchen with Mattias in his arms. He watched his eldest son and wife prepare dinner together and an unknowing smile made his way onto his face. Mattias has just woken up from his nap but hearing his mother and older brother's laughter made him giggle in his father's arm.

"Dinner is ready" Isabella grinned at her husband and sons as she sat at the table with the helo of the maid.

Isabella's heart ached as she longingly watched her family. She wanted more kids but she faced some complications while giving birth to her youngest son and now she could produce children of her own. Carlos and she were thinking about adopting some children because they wanted to extend their family and provide love and care for the children who unfortunately weren't blessed with them.

The bell suddenly rang three times interrupting the family dinner. Carlos was alerted fearing that it was an attack from one of his family. But when his guards assured him that they inspected the territory and there was no strange activity. Carlos grabbed his gun and opened the door just to be greeted by the cutest baby boy wrapped in a green blanket and placed in a box along with a bag and a note.

"Carlos, why on earth is there a baby boy on the steps of our door in the middle of winter?" His wife questioned worriedly as soon as she came to check on her husband.

Carlos didn't hesitate to wrap the baby in his arms and bring him inside, Isabella following him with the child's belonging.

"He only appears to be a few months old. Who would be so cruel to leave his child like this in the freezing cold?" Isabella's heart shattered after seeing this. Her motherly instinct surfaced naturally as the feeling of unexpected love and care in her chest the more she watched the baby boy sleep soundly.

The urge to take him again in his arm and protect him surprised Carlos. He took the notes that were left next to the blanket and read them to his wife.

Take care of me.

That was it. No name. No date of birth. Nothing.

So they decided to adopt the little boy who soon made his way into their heart. The day they found him became his birthday. They named him Santiago. Santiago Rodriguez. Their adopted son.

F L A S H B A C K    O  V E R

"I don't understand! What are you saying exactly?" Astraea questioned. She was too smart. She understood perfectly. But she was denying it. Not wanting to accept the truth.

"Santiago is your biological brother. Your quadruplet to be exact" Carlo answered making everyone gasp at the startling news.

Alejandro and Mattias weren't believing what they were just told. The brother they grew up with was in fact, not their biological brother. They don't share the same blood. Surely, it didn't affect their love for him but it shocked them and it also hurt them that their parents didn't trust them enough to share this secret with them.

Ezekiel and Elias were amazed and they wondered how the hell did they end up stuck in w family filled with secrets and lies. Every day another truth is uncovered. Their adoptive brother was also their biological cousin. How fucked up is this? Unbelievable.

Antonio, Romeo, and Valerio we're stunned, to say the least. They were told more secrets today than they were told their entire life. It was a lot to process. They had another brother. A minute he was apparently dead and the other he was the same boy they thought of as a cousin. The one that was sitting in the same room as them.

Vincenzo and Helena were speechless. They alleged nephews were their sons. The same son they thought was dead. They spent years searching for him and in the end, they gave up. But their instinct was right. He was still alive. They were ecstatic that their son was healthy but they were also feeling guilty for giving up and not finding him sooner.

The triplets—well, now they can go by that since they just four out that they truly were quadruplet. The brother they have known for not of their life was their quadruplet. A mix of different emotions was invading them like a tsunami. It was too much. Too fucking much for one day.

"That's impossible. He doesn't even look like us. He is also older. We don't have the same birthday" Ares said, the surprised features marking his face

"We have a DNA test to prove it. His birthday isn't his real birthday since we didn't know when he was exactly born when we found him. And when he was 5 he fell on his nose and broke it, he had a small surgery so that was his nose is a bit different than yours. You guys aren't identical. And if you look closely you can find the similar features between the four of you." Isabella answered swallowing the lump that formed in her throat

"I can't fucking believe we didn't see it before! How the fuck didn't we notice or even doubt it? That's crazy" Ezekiel expressed in disbelief

Angelo and Santiago weren't even the slightest shocked by the news. During the years they stayed prisoners in the same cell, they heard the gossips that flew around. They had nothing better to do. Eventually, they learn secrets that could destroy families and mafias.

Angelo knew Santiago was his grandson. And Santiago knew Angelo was his biological grandfather. He also knew Astraea, Atlas, and Ares were his quadruplets. He knew Isabella as Carlos adopted him. And that Carlos was in fact his biological uncle since Helena is his bio mother. So they were surprised. It was amused for them to watch.

"Why aren't you shocked?" Alejandro questioned Santiago and Angelo once he noticed their amused reactions

"Oh, we already knew the drama" Santiago answered laughing

"What?!" Everyone yelled in unison

--------------------------------------

Bet you didn't expect that bitches!

That was a lot. Lots of revelations. Y'all are still alive?

What did you think of this chapter?

Any suggestions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.5M 131K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." โ€• Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...
1.1M 26.3K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...
1.2M 22.7K 39
How can one event alter the course of your entire life? Going from living with her single beloved mother to flying across the country to live with he...
338K 6.8K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...