A Very Lazy Girl

By Lunar040486

"Sleep is the best remedy to everything" is the motto that Senju Luna lives by. Not bothering to follow the r... More

Preview
The Start
A Lonely Painting
A Flower
Tengu
The Passing
Late Introduction or No Introduction
Seven Years
Just a Feeling
Marriage
¿Crazy?
Half Truth
One Card, One Question

Warmth

344 5 0
By Lunar040486

5:27 am

Clink, thud, clink, thud

Soft sounds of beads against each other sounded in the dark room. A hand slowly rotated two mala bead necklaces, one a glass jade with a tassel and the other, a brown wooden one with two red strings hanging off. Rotating them slowly within her hand, Luna stared out the window, her lips moved slowly but no sound came out.

Half an hour later, Luna finally put down the beads, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Reopening her eyes, she looked up at the moon. After staring at it a bit more she turned away and made her way towards her bathroom.
No matter how much Luna hated waking up early, it had already become something integrated deep within her body. And most importantly, if she wanted to continue to eat and laze during the daytime hours, she had to get her hateful cardio work done early.
Coming out of the bathroom in a blue tracksuit with her hair tied up in a ponytail, Luna grabbed her phone before walking out of her room. Walking into the living room she wasn't surprised to see Midorima already leaning on the kitchen counter drinking tea. She walked towards him, extending her arm out towards the hot drink. Midorima didn't even bother with lecturing her about getting her own drink and gave the tea to her. After gulping the remaining tea, she gave the cup back, instead of taking the cup Midorima stared down at her, Luna stared back at him. And once again, he didn't bother and just took the cup from her and put it in the sink. They then both began to make their way towards the door.

After finally exiting the apartment complex, both began to do light stretches and after five minutes they began their jog.

Only the sound of their breathing and footsteps could be heard. When they reached the fifteenth minute of their jog, Midorima spoke up, "Be sure to be back before 9." Not waiting for a response he turned and began to jog back towards the apartment.
Currently, with Midorima being in the basketball club, he received more than enough cardio workouts and over exerting himself would do no good. So he decided he would only jog for thirty minutes. Luna on the other hand, would sometimes do a bit more than an hour and perhaps that was one of the reasons to why she never had any energy to do anything else.

Almost reaching the forty minute mark, Luna began to debate if she should begin to head back. 'Just till the end of this street.' Luna thought to herself. Reaching said end of the street, she began to turn but half way in her turn she felt a body collide with her. Quickly securing her footing first, she then reached out to the stranger, putting her hands on their arms she was able to stabilize them before they could completely fall on her.

Taking a step back, Luna looked at the person in front of her, who was giving a bow as he apologized.

"Ah, hontoni gomenasai!"

Standing up straight now, baby blue eyes met her golden green ones. Luna stared at him a bit more, recognition flashed within her eyes but quickly disappeared in an instant.

"Daijobu."

With that being said, Luna turned and resumed her jog towards her apartment.

The boy stared at Luna's retreating figure, 'I'm sure I've never met her, so why did it seem as if she recognized me?' He silently shook his head, 'Must be my imagination.' And with that he continued on his way.

Instead of continuing at her jogging pace, Luna sped it up to a full run and finished the last few minutes in a sprint. After entering the building she went straight to the elevator, where after entering, she leaned back against the wall and tried to regain her breath. After she had her breathing under control she pressed her floor button. Stepping out of the elevator, she dragged her feet to the door of her apartment and made her way inside. She took off her shoes making sure that they went back in place and put on her slippers then continued forward, now towards her room, without bothering to grab a new change of clothes, she continued her trip into her dark bathroom.

At the same time on the floor below, Midorima was with Abe Ayumi, a women with short brown hair and warm brown eyes and although she was on the shorter end, she wasn't one to be undermined, after all she was Lunas nursemaid since the day she was born.
Currently she was still in charge of the welling being of the little heiress, especially now with her being away from home to attend school in another city (although from the school calls and teacher meetings it really didn't seem like she was attending). If one were to describe her relationship with Luna it would be as following; If Midorimas patience with Luna is as much as there is land then Abe Ayumis patience with her is one which is as vast and deep as the waters. Although Ayumi did not approve of Lunas behavior towards school, she also didn't think it was a big deal, after all even though lazy; Luna had more than enough brains.

"Just a few more minutes and everything will be ready Shintaro-San."

Midorima gave a nod, "Thank you."

"I've heard from Luna that you're a regular on the basketball team, even though you're only a first year. That's amazing. But it must also be tiring." Abe said with a smile as contained to watch the miso soup.

"Yeah, but I don't think anything is more tiring than having to look after Luna 24/7 like yourself, Abe-san." Midorima responded. The older lady gave a slight shake of her head and begun to pack the last of the food. Putting all the sealed containers of food in a bag she brought it to Midorima.

"Sometimes, more than Luna, I worry more for you Shintaro-san."

Midorima gave her a confused look, "Me? Why?"

The older lady looked deeply at Midorima, and confessed her worry, "Shintaro-san, I worry for you because at the pace that things are going, I fear that one day you'll be left behind. Even if, right now, Luna has no interest in making human connections and you are the only one who has a bond with her, it doesn't necessarily mean it will always be like this."

Midorima narrowed his eyes at the older lady, "So then what are you trying to say? To stop being her friend and let her be alone?"

"That's not what I mean-"

"Then, what do you mean? Because it's only sounding as if you want me leave her alone. Or what? Is this something that Lady Sayuri told you to do as well? Is her grandmother going to begin to threaten my family just because I'm her only friend? Is she going to blame me for her granddaughters lack of friends with higher status?" At this point Midorima could feel the anger rising, so before he could act rudely, he stood up from his seat and took the bag from Abe.

"Thank you for the food, goodbye." Giving a slight bow and not waiting for a reply, Midorima walked out.

Abe just stayed quiet and watched him leave.

Since it was only a floor difference, Midorima opted to take the stairs, with also the hope of it calming down the anger he still felt in the pit of his stomach.
Going up the stairs he recalled the last conversation he had with Lady Sayuri.

Flashback, 3rd POV

One month before the beginning of their first year of middle school, as always Midorima had been over in the main house. While waiting for Luna, who was receiving her last private lesson of the day, Midorima was in her music room, practicing the piano.

"You've improved much, Shintaro-kun."

Instantly recognizing the owner of the voice, Midorima quickly stood up form the bench and gave a bow towards the door.

"Good evening, Lady Sayuri."

Senju Sayuri, the matriarch of the Senju, with black hair that had a few gray streaks in between tied back and the same gold green eyes, wearing a long sleeved red dress that ended below her knees with a pair of black heels, she gave the appearance of someone who looked in their late 40s, when in fact she was in her early 60s. No matter whether she was in the eye of the public or in the comfort of her home, Senju Sayuri was a women who you could never catch off guard.
It was always her doing the catching.

"Your father told me that you'll be attending Teiko Middle School, are you looking forward to it?"

"Hai."

Senju Sayuri, walked closer towards Midorima, and sat on the piano bench where he had been sitting a minute ago. Midorima stayed standing up not daring to sit next to her.

"Shintaro-kun, I have a favor to ask of you."

His eyes widen in shock. His parents had warned him that favors and promises made with a Senju were to not be taken lightly. They could be your biggest blessing but also worst curse. They were both held so high that not even an official contract could compare to them, the Akashis for example had been and still is a relationship primarily based on a promise.

A Senju owing you a favor would be one grand piece of fortune, but he also knew that Lady Sayuri wouldn't tell him the contents of the favor if he didn't accept first and accepting meant complete obligation for the favor. It was a double edge sword.

But just as much as it was a double edge sword for Midorima, it could also be for her.

"If you promise that the favor doesn't involve trying to convince Luna to do something she doesn't want to, then I'll do what you ask of me."

Lady Sayuri narrowed her eyes at Midorima, and even if he wanted to look away from her eyes, he forced himself to stare right back at her. She cracked a slight smile at the bravery he was trying show.

"Rather than making me promise that it won't involve you doing something that you don't like, you worry about Lunas sake first." Her eyes soften a bit, and continued slowly, "Shintaro, I don't think you should continue by Lunas side. This will be the only time I ever tell you this; I am thankful for your friendship with her but could you do me the favor of ending it?"

Back to present time

Now standing in front of the apartment, he leaned his head against the door and reflected on what the two older women had told him. Was him cutting ties off with Luna suppose to make everything better somehow? He already had enough with Luna saying the same thing but having others saying it was even more infuriating. Taking a deep breath, he exhaled and straighten himself up before entering.

Putting his shoes back in place, he also noticed Luna shoes. Slipping on his slippers he made his way towards the table where he left the food and made his way towards her room. Knocking softly, he then entered into her dark room. Scanning the plain room, he begun his way towards her bathroom where he could hear the water running.

He knocked loud hoping she would hear him, but she didn't respond. He narrowed his eyes and knocking harder this time on her bathroom door, he called for her too, "Luna, Abe-San made food."
He waited but still no response came.
His eyes widened
'Don't tell me.'
And he opened the door.

Cold. It's all she could feel.

'...too cruel...'
'..stop......selfish...'
'...choose...give up...'
'I can't continue... your friend...anymore...changed...'
......
.....
'Goodbye'

Submerged under the water, trying to cleanse herself and trying to forget.

Cold. It's all she could feel.

"Luna!"

Two hands grabbed onto her and pulled her up from the cold water.

She opened her eyes and met green ones. With no strength to support herself, she slowly circled her hands around his waist and carefully leaned herself against him. And he held onto her.

'Totemo attakai.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 313 40
"Oh hi, I'm Kayume Shin, some 3rd year high school student. I feel as though sometimes people take life too seriously, take a look around and breath...
5.7K 129 11
Sleeping didn't come as easy as it used to. Bokuto knew this, and now Akaashi did, too. The hospital AU that no body asked for, but that I took upon...
83.3K 1.5K 61
MY VERY FIRST ONE SHOTS + WHAT IFS COLLECTION..!! The miracles are major hits when it comes to basketball but, can they handle, LOVE?! Get ready to...
29.2K 452 18
Kuroko is a boy from Teiko junior high, he decided to join Seirin after some drama with the GoM, you see, Teiko's priority was to win, everything els...