YOU HAVE WHAT!?

By FrozenQueen12

Countries have gathered in America's capital, Washington D.C., for a world meeting where they are attempting... More

Papa?
Questions
Another World Meeting
Up First!
Three Eccentric States of Germanic Genes
Four Southern Belles
Political Babble
Ask any Question!
Rockabilly Blues
Buckeyes vs Wolverines
The Sunflower State and the Nascar Boys
The Return of the World Meeting Intruders
The Cowboy States
Say Aloha to the Aloha State
The Last Frontier (The State, Not the Nickname for Space)
The American Cryptid Society starring WA and AR
The Great War of Midwestern States for County Fair Food Superiority
Magnolias and Sakuras

Double Dakota

1.8K 49 34
By FrozenQueen12

The countries somehow managed to catch up to America and the young black-haired state who were still trying to chase down the biker who seemed to not be listening or caring about their calls for him to stop. "Wambleeska!" America yelled again trying to get the biker's attention but it was no use though, the biker just kept riding on. They saw America openly groan before looking down at his son who was still holding a lasso and a large smile came to his face as he said, "Let yours pops show you how to swing a lasso," he said taking the lasso from ND and then twirling it high above his head before throwing it in front of him. Briefly, it flew through the air before the loop caught onto the motorcycle's handle, and with a great yank of a certain Yankee, the rope tightened instantly. America gave a great big smile and the state he had called ND gave a sigh of relief. However, the other state seeing the loop around his handlebar paused before turning around before trying to reverse his bike to break the rope or at least pull it out of his father's grasp so he could continue acting like a hooligan. 

The countries watched America nearly lose its grip on the rope by the sheer surprise of it. Quickly, he snapped out of his surprise and barely caught the end of the rope before digging his heels into the ground when the state continued to try and pull the rope away from him. "Wambleeska! Do you want to lose that damn bike?!" America yelled as he pulled against the biker and the motorbike.

"You have one too!" the muffled, barely audible voice of the biker, Wambleeska, said.

"Well...Yeah. But I don't run over other people, especially guests to our house," America came back with as he pulled the rope closer to his body.

"Wasn't it around breakfast, when you said, 'Kids, we have to deal with the European countries coming over to invade our home once again and judge if you guys are stable or not so be on your best behavior?'" Wambleeska said smugly which made America glare at the rider as the atmosphere became distinctly colder as several pairs of eyes, (mainly the Europeans who were not at all happy about their impromptu visit being called an invasion by America) landed on the irate American father. 

"W-well, I didn't use those...exact words," America said with a nervous smile first at the rider then at his fellow countries who were still in the process of plotting his multiple deaths. "...Oh don't look at me like that. You guys always like to get digs in at me!" America defended himself before feeling a tug at the rope by the biker who the countries looked over to see was trying to make a dash away due to his dad's distraction. 

It almost worked the rope managed to slip from America's grasp as the revving of the bike became louder as he tried to take off the opposite direction as America is sent tumbling into the dirt from the unexpected force and some of the countries couldn't help but chuckle at this expense.

Humiliated, angry, and altogether not thrilled with the situation he had been put in, America was tired of these games. Wrapping the rope, around his hand and then fisting it, he stopped the bike dead in its tracks and the biker barely hanging on as he sent out an 'Oof' from the sheer force. America then stood to his feet and without another weird, then with the full amount of his strength, he yanked the rope back past his ear causing it to fall to the ground with the rider.

"What the heck, Pa?!" the rider said, as he pried his helmet off to reveal a boy that looked remarkably similar to the other state they just met with his black hair, brown almond-shaped eyes, and honey-colored skin. However, in comparison to the other state's plain clothing, this one wore a blue-striped shirt with red pants and a plain canvas bag slung over his shoulder, and a lot of black leather. Black leather jacket, black leather chaps, and black leather boots. Those poor cows.

"I told you that you weren't allowed to ride your bike after what happened last time," America said, grabbing the state up by the arm.

"You can't tell me what to do! It's a free country!" the boy shouted back. 

"And that free country also happens to be your father!" America shouted, back obviously stressed and furious that it made some of the countries terrified (and by countries, I mean the Italy brothers who were now hiding behind Spain and Germany) in case America turned his anger on them.

"I was born to ride though, Pa!" the boy tried to defend himself as he ripped his arm of America's grip.

"Not into other people," America said, crossing his arms before grabbing the bridge of his nose and taking a deep breath, trying to relieve some of his pent-up anger. It wasn't working. "Now, please apologize before they sue us."

"Oh come on, Pa! If they get in between one of New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New York's fight, we'd be lucky if all we ended up with was a lawsuit," the boy replied, crossing his arms along his chest. 

"That is true but I'd still like to keep the lawsuits to a minimum,"  America said back.

The state they called Wambleeska narrowed his eyes at his father before rolling them, "Okay, Pa. Whatever you say." 

America smacked his forehead but looked back at the countries where Germany was visibly glaring daggers into him with his mouth in an obvious scowl and his son while Sweden's expression never changed however the aura of death he was radiating gave the impression to all that he wasn't that happy about nearly being run over by the boy in front of him. Clearly, Sweden was far scarier of the two. 

It frightened America.

Quickly, the blonde country turned to his dark-haired son and said, "Apologize."

"Why?" he said, crossing his arms. "They're the ones who got in the way and in my state, the pedestrian is supposed to yield the way to an oncoming vehicle so..."

"Well, guess what dude, I'm your father, and until you turn 18 in human years I get to tell you what do," America said.

"But that won't be for at least another 250 years!" he complained with a look of anger, sadness, and shock all mixed together that little to ender him to the less than forgiving countries, especially Sweden and Germany who were still awaiting an apology before they called the police on the little delinquent.

"I know and it's awesome for me, so..." America said gesturing to Sweden and Germany with one hand and a disapproving gaze. "You know what to do."

The state openly and unashamedly rolled his eyes before turning the two tall blonde-haired and blue-eyed nations that were not his father and said, "Sorry you got in my way."

"Try with a little less sarcasm," America said, crossing his arms.

"Fine, I'm sorry I nearly ran you over," he said, which sounded far less rude but still laced with a bit of annoyance as if he was the victim in this situation.

Sweden looked at the young boy but sighed with the atmosphere of impending death coming to a halt as he said, "Be m're c'reful." 

However, Germany was far less forgiving. "Firstly, who are you?! Secondly, you will be hearing from my lawyers," he said angrily.

"So you want me to reveal my identity which will inevitably lead to my own destruction. Yeah, no thanks," he said with a roll of his eyes before they landed on his very irate-looking papa. "Ugh...Fine. I'm the State of South Dakota or Wambleeska Jones, the more adventurous, more handsome, more well-known of the Dakota Twins and home of Mount Rushmore and soon to be home of the largest mountain carving."

"Yes. Hello, Fritz, I would like to file a la-" Germany began before his smartphone was quickly taken and promptly destroyed by America just by him crushing it with one fist and reducing it to a pile of broken pieces. "What. The. Hell," Germany said with the vein in his forehead on the brink of bursting from all the states and their tedious annoyances.

"Yeah, I'm not letting you sue my kid but don't worry, I'll deal with him," America said to which Germany just scoffed at before the rustling of metal could be heard in the background. "SD!" America shouted without looking away from Germany.

"But dad!" South Dakota whined.

"You're already in trouble, little dude, so don't make it worse," America said before turning away from Germany to look directly at South Dakota. "Now go to your room and don't come down until lunch," America said. 

"And who's going to make me," South Dakota indignantly asked which America just rolled his eyes at before walking over to his son who tried to remain strong-looking but clearly failing. Then America stopped and South Dakota looked up, expecting a verbal lashing but no. Instead, America surprisingly and silently grabbed South Dakota and tossed him over his shoulder like he was a sack of Idaho's potatoes. "Hey! Put me down!" South Dakota cried, kicking and struggling against his father's grip. 

America didn't seem to notice or care as he simply turned towards the countries with one of his thousand-gigawatt smile. "Sorry, dudes! Gotta take SD to his room," he said before turning away from the countries with South Dakota still trying to get free from his father's titanium grip as they disappeared into the house.

The countries were honestly in shock. What just happened? Many couldn't even find the words to express what they just witnessed.

"I-Is he always like that?" England said, his mind able to form words those his brain was still processing it.

"Well, kind of," a voice added. A voice that didn't belong to any of the countries and shocked them out of their stupor as they looked around for the source. "Um...Down here?" the voice said.

"Um...who are you again?" England asked looking at the vaguely familiar boy who looked identical to the other boy with a different outfit.

"I guess, I didn't really introduce myself," the boy mumbled to the side before turning back to the countries who were staring at him which made him blush slightly. "I-I'm the State of North Dakota or Mato Jones if you prefer," he said. 

"Oh, sorry did you just get here?" England asked. 

"Um...No. I was here the whole time. I was the one chasing my twin with the lasso," he said somewhat awkwardly as he fidgeted a bit under the numerous eyes.

The countries thought back and realized that, yes, this boy was there before America went to punish the other one. "Oh, uh, sorry about that lad," England said. Well. Splendid. This is awkward now.

"I-It's okay. I'm not exactly the most shining star of the 50," he said with a touch of sadness to his voice. "Even Pa sometimes gets me and SD mixed up."

"Really?" England asked before rolling his eyes. "I always knew America was simple and irresponsible but to get his own twin sons mixed up and even forget one just because he's fairly quiet-"

"Well, I don't think Pa forgets me," North Dakota said through awkward laughs.

"Are just levels of stupidity I thought America would at least be above," England said with indignation and a bit of disgust towards the American, while he completely ignored the state beforehand him. 

"Hey, what about Canada?" asked Prussia from the peanut gallery.

"Who?" England said in response. 

"You know America's twin brother? The one you forget like all the time," Prussia said. 

"Oh..." England thought back until the vaguest image of another blonde man that violet eyes as opposed to America's bright blue. "Oh right. Him."

"Wait, you don't know Uncle Canada?" North Dakota asked, clearly in a state of bewilderment. "He's the second largest country on Earth. How do you just forget him?"

"Well, to be fair, I had a lot of kids," England said. 

North Dakota gave a disappointed look to England before saying, "Poor Uncle Canada. As for my brother though, he wasn't always such a brat but with dad having so many kids, I guess he felt like the only way to keep his attention was to start misbehaving."

"D'es that m'ke you s'd?" Sweden asked looking down at the young boy who ducked his gaze away from the large, imposing man.

"Not really...Kind of? I don't know...I know Pa has many responsibilities taking care of us and our people. Don't get me wrong he really does try to give us all the spare time and we know he loves us but... as that guy said, I'm not exactly the loud type like my brother," North Dakota said.

"Have you tried talking to America?" Finland asked the boy.

"No...I don't want to bother him especially with everything going on," North Dakota replied.

"I think you should," Finland said putting his hand on North Dakota's shoulder. 

North Dakota looked at Finland for a bit before looking away and shaking his head. "It's really fine. I don't mind...but I don't know maybe," North Dakota said with a small smile, though he didn't meet the Nordic nation's eyes.

Finland nodded before stepping away from the state. 

"Thank you though," North Dakota said. "You know for listening. Hey, you guys are Scandinavian countries right?" Sweden and Finland looked between each other before nodding at the young state. "Thought so. I could tell by your accents and well, I have a Scandinavian Heritage Park in my state and it's got stuff from Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Iceland. It's pretty cool if you ever want to visit."

"That sounds very interesting. We just might take you up on that offer," Finland said with a big smile that made the state smile bright as well.

"Okay, I'm back!" called the American's voice which made everyone look over at his father walking back without an angry Dakota. "What are you up to ND?"

"Howdy, Pa. I was just introducing myself to the countries," North Dakota said walking up to his father.

"Good job, dude," America said ruddling up the state's black hair.

North Dakota looked down awkwardly and avoided the gaze of his father before looking up at him again who was still smiling brightly and warmly. "Thanks, Pa. Do you mind...Well...I wanted to ask you something," North Dakota said.

"Sure, little dude. What's up?" America replied.

"Well...um...I was hoping...I mean...I was wondering about...." North Dakota said in a quiet, half-mumbling tone. "About....l-lunch?"

"Oh, yeah, the girls and France said it should be done soon," America said before a look realization popped onto his face. "Which reminds me that we need to hurry up and get through the rest of the states before they finish up."

"I-I see," North Dakota said before walking away and grabbing his lasso that was still tied around the handlebar of his twin brother's bike. "Anyway, I should take this back since we both know SD won't," he continued, grabbing his brother's bike upright before walking away with it until he was out of sight.

America watched the young state disappear with the bike before turning towards the countries that were gathered. "So is everyone ready to go or...?"

"You sh'uld p'y more 'ttention to y'ur son," Sweden said, before walking away.

"Um...what?" America said genuinely confused by the statement. "Okay? Anyway, we should head off before-" A loud crash was heard that sound like a mix between wood and bone breaking. Wait, what?

America was clearly startled by this and raced off in the rightmost direction, followed by the countries close behind until they came across a tree with a treehouse inside its branches and a wooden ladder attached to the trunk. Or well, used to be since the uppermost ones had fallen off and were now lying in a pile on the grass. But that was not the most shocking part. No. The most shocking part was the 12-year-old looking girl lying in the heap.

Author's Note: I'm not trying to make America look bad in this. He does love all his kids to the point that he will destroy anyone who hurts them, however, it can be hard being who he is with so many kids which is an issue I don't see many State Fics address so I wanted to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.5K 38
In which you're caught up by the antics of the countries during a year long sleepover, and possibly fall in love with one of them.
202K 5.5K 28
Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him, he always was blamed for things, and was...
57.3K 1K 30
Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with everyone's flags on the cover. When the An...
27.4K 733 25
America, well, to say he never struggled would be a big fat lie. Yet, will the loss of support from his fellow nations send him into a spiral? #1 in...