Custody

By Yourfandomgirl

Years after the Hogwarts Battle things got back to as normal as possible. Harry is a well established Auror s... More

The custody begins
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7: Untouchable
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: A New Plan
Chapter12: No longer cold
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

The hearing

866 27 15
By Yourfandomgirl

Harry rolled over with a groan cursing. It was 5:30 and his alarm was going off. He sat up  as Rons head appeared through his fireplace via firecall.

"Wake up mate. There's an emergency Aurors meeting. Code yellow!"

That got Harry moving. He got dressed grabbing his robe, gear and wand.

"Minny I have to run. Watch Teddy" he called before apparating to the Ministry.

......

Harry landed just beaide Ron as their squad leader, Tim spoke.

"We have reports that Rodolphus Lestrange was spotted in a muggle area. It is being cleared out as we speak"

Harry watched Ron stand up cracking his knuckles. "Then lets get this over with!" He shouted.

Harry shook his head. "Shouldn't we have a game plan?" He asked but was cut off by their other members shouting in agreement with Ron.

Tim nodded producing an object. "Let the fun begin. Everyone grab on."

Things did not go as planned.

....

Draco carried a container full of skele-grow. He had entered through the back of the ministry showing his badge.

It seemed like he had JUST sent skele grow.

"Draco Malfoy!" Came a loud voice making Draco tense.

"It's me man!"

Draco relaxed seeing Blaise walk over. He gave the tall man a smile.

"Hey Blaise" He said.

Blaise smiled taking the box from him before bringing Draco into a bone crunching hug.

"Owe Blaise. Keep squeezing and I'm gonna need a vial of skele-grow myself" Draco half heartedly complained as he hugs Blaise back.

Draco smiled stepping back. After the war and even once he got back from Azkaban Blaise had been there to make sure he ate and got back on the right path.

"More skelegrow? It seems like everyone is breaking bones" Blaise asked lifting the box walking.

Draco nodded following beside him.

"Yeah. Part of me was starting to think you asked for it to get me out the house." Draco said pulling his hood up

Blaise smiled "If I had known it was that easy I def would have. They're paying you right?" He asked.

Draco shrugged.

Blaise stopped and looked at him. "Right?! Even I know how much manual labor this is and just to get the ingredients ISNT cheap."

Draco sighed  "every other shipment I send they pay me for but I did alot of wrong so its fin-"

Blaise shook his head cutting him off. "It's NOT fine. You did your time and then some. You suffered just as much as others. You were a victim as well. You work hard and DESERVE to be paid. End of story" Blaise continued walking. The two going into the ministry hospital.

"I'll take this in. You stay out here and wait for me to come back with your money"

Draco opened his mouth to complain just as Blaise walked in and closed the door.

Draco sighed before sitting.

....

Harry constantly found himself in these situations. The team had jumped head first and now they were paying the price.

Harry new anyone with the last name Lestrange had to be deadly.

He ducked shooting another spell before running and diving into a roll.

"We need to retreat!" He yelled.

"No! We need to take him out now! We dont know when we'll see him again." Ron yelled back.

Harry shook his head wrapping his arm around Tim.

Technically Ron was second in command but this was suicide and he knew it. He never thought with his head.

Harry groaned. "Dammit ron" he growled hearing Tim groan.

Just then the building Harry was behind crumbled..

"That's it! Everyone retreat, back to base!" He yelled.

Immediately the other men apparated. Harry the last one to leave seeing Ron turn his angry eyes on him.

....

Harry held Tim up as the all apparated into the medical wing at the Ministry. Someplace Harry noticed they ended more and more.

Draco looked up seeing about several men pop out of nowhere. He stayed put slouching in the chair as healers walked over.

Harry sat Tim on the bed.

Harry felt Ron pull him to the side.

"That wasn't your call to make Harry. You're NOT in charge." Ron snapped.

Harry shook his head."I know I'm not but if we would have stayed Lestrange would have killed us all! Everyone is already nursing an injury!."

"That's NOT the point. I'm in charge! This isn't Hogwarts. You HAVE to listen to me" Ron snapped turning.

Draco inwardly groaned as Ron saw him.

"Look what the snake dragged in. Im surprised you left your little castle" he snapped. "Oi guys we have a Malfoy here!" He shouted as others looked glaring.

Harry looked at Draco but he didn't seem the same. Ever since he had first met Draco he could feel his magic humming but now it was like Dracos magic was dampened.

Draco sighed rising walking to the door pausing as Ron stepped in his path wand raised.

"And where do you think you're going? Its not fair I LOST a brother while you get to live the same rich life." Ron spat.

Harry watched. "Ron stop-"

Rons head turned. "Again, I don't listen to you" he snapped

Draco let out a sigh. "I'm not here to fight Ronald. I was saddened to hear about your loss, but I have business to attend to so if you'll excuse yourself" he stated not once reaching for his wand surprising Harry as Draco walked around Ron and to the door.

Ron pulled his wand back. "You bloody git, Stupify!" He yelled striking Draco in the back

Draco went flying forward crashing into a bed.

Blaise and the head healer came running out hearing the noise.

Draco sat up tasting metallic in his mouth. He wiped the blood from his mouth as Blaise jogged over pulling him up.

"You alright man?" Blaise asked

Draco nodded.

"That was assault Weasley! I work with the minister and will have you stripped of your job!" Blaise yelled. "It takes a COWARD to attack someone with their back turned!".

Draco watched Rons face turn red as the men around watched.

Draco touched Blaises shoulder. "No need for that Blaise. I have more important things to attend to. Stop by my place sometime soon." Draco turned walking out.

Blaise looked at the men before walking back over carrying the box of new potions a few pepper me ups included.

It wasn't until Harry got his he noticed a small signature on the bottles D.M

...

Draco sat in wizard court waiting an hour. He dabbed the corner of his mouth patiently. The spell had hurt and he just wanted to go home now and rest.

He looked up hearing the doors close as a small witch walked over whispering to the head wizard.

Something was wrong. It was past time and there was no Teddy. Draco felt his heart drop.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long Mr. Malfoy" the judge wizard Timothy spoke snapping Draco back to reality.

"It seems like Teddy and his current guardian are not present. We sent a witch out to the address and to our surprise his guardian wasn't there. You are of blood relation and came to the hearing Unfortunately we wont be going and just taking Teddy."

Draco nodded listening intently.

"You will however become hiz guardian. We will be getting in touch with his guardian for failure of making the court time they forfit any right to guardianship" Timothy finished up.

Draco grabbed his things. "Thank you. I appreciate that. "

The wizard nodded. "We will send you a letter of when to retur. Have a good day"

Draco nodded leaving. He took a deep breath. That was better than he expected.

He turned the corner running right into Harry Potter.

The two both fell. A gold compass falls  out of Dracos pocket.

Draco cursed rubbing his lowerback where Ron had hit him.

"Im sorry. That was my fault!" Harry said quickly jumping up extending a hand. He froze seeing it was Draco.

Draco himself hesitates seeing Harrys out stretched hand.

Draco slowly takes it rising.

"Don't worry about it. Ive had worse, but you should slow down." Draco stepped around him.

Harry didn't know why but he spoke again "Of course oh and thanks for the potions. I saw your signature. They do wonders similar to Severus" he stated.

Draco looked surprised at Harry before nodding. "Thanks Potter. That uh means alot" he then turned the corner.

Harry rose an eyebrow before seeing the golden compass. He jogged after Draco just barely missing him as Draco apparated home.

...

Draco rubbed his back walking up the manor stairs.

"Milly will you run me a bath? I need one" he asked a house elft hearing the water start as he got himself some potions.

Soon enough Draco was in his tub nursing himself waiting for the news of when he would be getting Teddy.

...

Harry was annoyed. The ministry had called him into work and had missed the court time.

"It's not my fault! I was stuck at work. I have mitiple witnesses!" Harry tried.

The high wizard shook his head. "There's nothing I can do. You missed the date without informing us thus lost tbe right of custody or atleast to prove your case"

Harry cursed. "Bloody gits!" He snapped. Life had be tough with Teddy and he had to give up alot but Harry couldn't imagine a life without Teddy.

He walked out of the room. Who even was this mysterious guardian who waited 8 years!

Harry kept walking pausing when he saw Blaise.

"Mr Zabini! Do you have a second?" Harry asked.

Blaise turned around "I do hope you're not planning on  hitting me like Weasley did. The ONLY reason I don't have him stripped of his job is because Draco doesn't want any problems or attention" he snapped.

Harry shook his head. "I don't. I would never do that. I just remembered that you said you work with the minister. I know its not my place but I could use a favor"

Blaise rose an eyebrow. Having Harry owe him would be a treat. "Whats in it for me?" He asked geasturing for Harry to walk with him.

Harry looked surprised following. "Well I um would owe you and..." he pulled out the compass. "And you can give this back to Malfoy. He dropped it early and ran off before I could return it"

This time Blaise looked surprised reaching for the compass. Harry pulled it back.

Blaise sighed. "What exactly do you want?" He asked.

Harry smiled. "I missed a custody hearing date because of work. Is there any way you can have the minister make the wizard let me appeal it?"

Blaise was silent thinking of what he could do.

"Zabini?" Harry asked again.

Blaise looked at him."Unfortunately the minister is out of town...BUT when the next court comes you can appeal to the other guardian. If they say yes and you explain things you will get more time. Does that make sense?" Blaies asked.

Harry nodded with a smile. "It does!" He held the compass out. "Here"

Blaise shook his head. "Actually just drop that off at Dracos place will you? Heres the address and take this as well." He handed Harry a large bag of coins shrinking them. "This is his share for creating all the ministry potions for the past year.."

Harry looked at the money. "Im not sure hed want me there. You're his friend after all" harry stated.

Blaise nodded. "While that is true I'll also be at work until late and Draco needs that compass immediately. It helps him keep the memories at bay" Blaise cleared his throat. "Now If you need anything else let me know" he took a right going into a meeting.

Harry looked at the compass and address before yawning.

He would drop off the compass after a nap.

...

Draco cursed flipping his bed.

"Where is it!?" He yelled running his hand through his hair. He had been looking for his compass for the past few hours. How could he have been so stupid to lose it.

Draco walked out of his room as Milly cleaned up the room.

He heard his doorbell ring. Draco jogged downstairs.

"Thank merlin Blaise. I think I misplaced the compass and its starting agai-" Draco opened the door pausing seeing Potter.

Harry looked uneasy running his hand through his hair.

Draco stood straight trying to calm down.

"Potter? Is there something you need. I wasn't expecting anyone really other than Blaise" he said.

Harry shook his head. "No, I actually ran into Blaise. He said to give you this. Its your potions money" he handed Draco the money he set it on the counter.

"Anything else?" Draco asked wanted to get back to searching.

Harry nodded. "Yes. This fell out when we ran into each other and Blaise said it was important" He held up the compass.

Dracos eyes lit up almost as if coming back to life Harry noticed.

Draco took the compass. "Thank merlin! Thank you for finding this Harry!" Draco said

Harry smiled. "You're welcome...Draco. Sorry it took me a few hours to come. I had to put my little one to bed"

Draco looked up. Harry had called him Draco. It felt odd but nice.

"Would you like to come in for some tea or a drink? It's the least I could do" Draco offered stepping back.

Harry found himself nodding his legs carrying him into the manor.

It was still beautiful and elegant. It did however still feel like a display and less like a home.

"Would you like the tour?" Draco asked after pouring them drinks.

Harry looked around unsure.

Draco smiled  "Dont worry. It's just be here. My parents ran off" he stated.

Harry smiled apologetically. "So then you stay here in this huge place all alone?"

Draco nodded sipping his drink.

"Isn't it lonely?" Harry asked.

Draco though about that question for a while. "Yes and no. You have to remember I grew up in the house. Most of the time I kept quiet and to myself. It may be lonely but it helps me focus of my potions" he stated sitting forgetting about the tour.

Harry nodded looking at the sunset. The orange light shining in.

"So how are you and the Weasley? Ginny I believe" Draco stated pouring more to drink.

Maybe it was the drink but Harry shrugged.

"We're not together. We broke up a few years after Hogwarts." He stated

Draco nodded."I don't read the paper too much I suppose"

Harry turned around looking Draco over. The sunlight making his silver hair sparkle.

"And you? And lucky girls? Hows hogwarts?"

Draco smiled. "No, no girls. I don't work at Hogwarts. After returning I keep to myself and do potions most of the days."

Harry nodded. The two sitting in a comfortable silence before Harry stood.

"I should get going. Thank you for the drink. Maybe I'll see you around the ministry?" Harry asked.

Draco shrugged.  "Maybe"  before walking Harry out.

Draco closed the door with a sigh holding the compass.

...

Harry apparated back home with a sigh. He had most of Teddys things packed. The drinks with Draco had helped him forget his dilemma.

Harry plopped on the couch rubbing his temples.

He had to figure out who wanted to take Teddy and talk them out of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3K 31
Draco Malfoy is looking for a new start, hoping to set out to clear his name and begin again. Harry Potter is looking for a new normal, hoping to se...
2.1M 45.5K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...
4.8K 230 12
Returning for his 8th year at Hogwarts; Draco must face the challenges of trying to better the Malfoy name, gain the highest grades for his N.E.W.T.s...
81.1K 3.3K 16
After the war, everything slowly starts to get back to normal. Well, as normal as it can get at Hogwarts. Harry, Hermione and Ron are still close fri...