Enough for each other. (serie...

Por avneil_nk_lover

Imperfect yet perfect relation. Abnormal for world but normal for them. She was darkness, he was light. Sh... Más

Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Teaser
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Teaser 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Epilogue

Chapter 13

860 179 24
Por avneil_nk_lover

Neil's POV

We all are nothing but puppets of destiny that makes us run parallel to the pre-written scripts and when the right time comes it intersects our life with the conclusion of those scripts. Time is an essential element of life, it makes us dance on the rhythm of uncertainty. We keep on planning our lives according to our fantasies or experiences but destiny plays its cards when the right time comes.

 Avni and I are childhood friends who can understand each other even without exchanging a certain amount of words, we both were familiar regarding our feelings for each other but suppressed our emotions under the curtain of hesitance, now that I think it would have been better if I had confessed my feelings for her before leaving the city or would have convinced her family to let her come with me for her further studies, everything would have been sorted at a right time and no one would have been able to create a wedge between us but we did the exact opposite and hid our true selves for god knows what reasons. I kept on thinking that when I will become successful then I will return and ask for her hand from her parents respectfully as my Avni deserves all the love and respect of this world and her family deserved a good son-in-law who can take good care of their precious daughter. These were my ideologies a few years back and I believe even Avni would have waited for me and assumed us getting into an official relationship at some point in time but our perfect plans were spoiled when a storm of hate and inhumanity hit our doors, we weren't prepared for the violent act and the adverse after-effects. 

When I met her vulnerable self in the asylum and got familiar with the alternative world she created to protect herself from the original world's cruelty, I realized she was trying to live those perfect moments with her baby she planned when the little one was growing in her womb. 

I never imagined seeing my love in this helpless state but it was bound to happen so I have no grudge against anything neither I regret holding Avni's hand in this state and I will keep on walking with her with a strong belief that we will find a destination very soon. 

I still remember the day of court-hearing, it was difficult to watch my family members getting punished for their sins, it's hard for me to deal with everything, I always considered my family as my rock and wanted to give them all the happiness of life but my good intentions and trust over them delivered a brutal slap on my face. I can't express the disappointment and hurt I was feeling when the police were arresting them but they themselves walked on this path so even I can't help them with this. Arjun was also punished and that animal was not even guilty of spoiling the life of an innocent girl who had never done anything wrong to him or his family. At the end of the day, Avni's culprits were punished and I got a little bit of my mental peace back. 

Avni's family was also present in the court and were satisfied with the charges pressed against my family, don't let their satisfaction mislead you into believing something that's not even true, they weren't bothered about Avni's condition, they were satisfied with the fact that their enemies lost their reputation. The only person who was truly guilty in the Mehta family was Avni's mother, Neela Mehta. After the end of the hearing, she came to me and asked about Avni, I wanted to let her meet Avni but at the same time, I can't predict Avni's reaction so I refused her. She just smiled and blessed our pair, I was happy that at least one person from the Mehta family genuinely cared for Avni and hoped that in the future Avni would be able to forgive her mom and both mother and daughter can rekindle their relationship.

It's been months now and I haven't encountered the Mehta family again, that's a relief, to be honest as I wanted to focus on Avni's health condition rather than dealing with some complex relationships. I moved to London with Avni where I arranged one of the best doctors for her treatment, it was a difficult phase, to say the least, we both were suffering in some way or the other but managed to hold onto each other when the time demanded. Avni's condition has improved but now she has become a silent soul full of insecurities and fears, she has anxiety issues and gets nightmares at night, the doctor has advised me to deal with her patiently and give her time to reconnect with reality. 

I just want her to have a peaceful life where she can live without fears and she can have all the time of this world for rediscovering herself, I would be standing beside her in this journey and will make sure that she never falls weak in between.

POV ends

Third person's POV

Avni was sitting on the patio admiring the beauty of the flowers they both planted in their garden. Her mind was clogged with different scenarios and thoughts, even though her mind is stable now, she is suffering from depression. She doesn't talk much but she can feel Neil's presence every now and then, he doesn't disturb her thoughts but at the same time, he tries to cheer her up and keeps a close watch on her so that she doesn't take some wrong step. To be honest, she has encountered several suicidal thoughts whenever her brain is mugged up with past sufferings but she just suppresses those thoughts while thinking about Neil, she doesn't want to give him any sort of pain and disappointment as he is the only one who held her hand when everyone left her behind, the last thing she wants to do is hurting him with her impulsiveness. 

Life is not the same for her now, she is suffering the after-effects of the trauma and is not able to express her views to Neil who always sits beside her in a hope that she will open up in front of him. Neil has been her constant support ever since her treatment was started in London, they have returned back last month and he is trying to make her feel comfortable in every way possible but she is not feeling relaxed in four walls, whenever she tries to sleep, all those past incidents makes an appearance in the form of nightmares, every night she wakes up shivering in fear and screaming in helplessness, her entire body drenched in sweat while her eyes filled with numerous tears, Neil tries to hold her for soothing her tender form but she flinches away from him making him hurt but he never shows it on his face for her betterment, her body's reaction towards him makes her feel even more pathetic and she suffers an intense emotional breakdown every night, Neil manages to console her while maintaining a suitable distance from her but she feels dejected while facing his sad teary face. He always buries his emotions in front of her but she knows very well how much suffering he is undergoing while visualizing her convalescence.

The darkness of night engulfs her mind in a brutal grip and she always runs away from their room in order to find some ray of hope, this is one of her routines that she dreads the most. Whenever the nightmare strikes her mind, she starts feeling claustrophobic in the room, she feels as if the walls are squeezing her entire form within their evilness so she runs for her life while Neil follows her silently. She has become so insecure that she feels afraid to walk freely, whenever she is walking, she keeps looking behind her in order to make sure that no one is trying to harm her, whenever she turns around she is met with worried eyes of Neil as much as it pains her, it also gives her a sense of safety. She feels the comfort of his presence and becomes assured that no one will harm her and she can walk freely. 

The garden and terrace have become their comforting nest where they seek comfort whenever Avni is feeling low. She keeps on gazing at the dark sky filled with stars while Neil sits beside her silently so that she doesn't feel afraid of anything. This is every day's story for them but now Avni is feeling even more useless as she knows very well that indirectly she is hurting Neil and wasting all his efforts by not talking to him properly. 

She was busy with her thoughts when she felt his presence, she looked behind and found him standing near the fountain, he always manages to make her feel good with his mere presence but at the same time gives her space for dealing with herself. 

Avni - Can you come here? (softly)

Neil was shocked, he felt overwhelmed it had been a while since Avni stopped talking to him but he understands her struggle and never bothers her unnecessarily, he knows very well how bad she feels whenever she flinches away from him and avoids him but at the same time, one can't ignore the difficulties she is facing while dealing with her life. Now, after so many days she is trying to initiate a conversation and he is feeling emotional about the same. His hopes have been triggered yet again, he just hopes that someday his Avni will trace her path towards him. 

He sat opposite her and waited for her to continue. Avni forward her shivering hand in front of him while he looked at her asking her permission, Avni nods her head asking him to hold her hand, Neil was hesitant but he wanted to help her in any way he can and if she is trying to make efforts now then he will support her but at the same time won't force her into doing something that will be harmful to her health. He slowly held her hand in a soft grip while Avni flinched a bit, Neil was about to leave her hand but Avni tightened her grip on him shaking her head negatively. 

Avni - Let me get used to it Neil, I know you don't have any ill intentions. 

Neil - Avni, we will take slow steps, you don't need to rush yourself. (softly)

Avni - Just hold my hand Neil, I want to try. Please. (teary eyes).                       I can't hurt you every day by flinching away from you whenever you try to help me. I know you care for me and you would never harm me but my body is repelling your presence because Arjun's ruthlessness is programmed within my mind and I need to come out of that hell hole. 

Neil closed his eyes trying to shrug away his anger towards Arjun and held her hand in a soft grip. He opened his eyes and watch her looking at him with a hope shinning within her orbs. She is trying to replace all the bad memories of her life with good ones and he will make sure to give her all amount of love. 

Neil - Take your time, Avni. I will wait for you. (smile)

Avni - Can I ask you something? 

Neil - Go ahead. 

Avni - Why did you marry me? I wasn't in the right mindset at that time, in fact, presently I am living in the web of insecurities. Do you really want to spend your life with me?

Neil - You are absolutely fine, Avni. Don't disregard your progress by disrespecting yourself and about our marriage, I love you that's why I married you and I want to be with you forever.

Avni - Do you really want to spend your entire life with me even after knowing the past baggage I am carrying within my heart? (chocked voice)

Neil - You are just a victim of cruelty, you are the best life partner I can ask for. I just want you to give our relationship a try, I know it's difficult for you but if possible can you try to give us a chance? Even if you don't want to continue this bond, I will respect your decision and will free you from this marriage after your full recovery. The decision is up to you. 

Avni - How can I do this to you, Neil? I will never leave your side, I just need some time. The concept of marriage has installed several negative thoughts within my mind so I need some time to cope up with everything. 

Neil - I will wait for you, Avni, you can take as much time as you want there's no hurry. (smiles)

Avni smiles and wipes her tears. She then looked down at their entwined hands and smiled. 

Avni - Can we term this as a little progress? ( while looking at their hands)

Neil - Indeed it is. (while tightening his hold on her hand)

A mere touch of affection and the brewing trust within their hearts will surely lead to a beautiful destination.

The entire universe is the witness of the concept that they are, "Enough for each other".

---------------------------

This is the last chapter of this story, the epilogue will be posted soon. 

My exams are still going on but luckily I got some free time to pen down this update. 

Do drop your views. 

Much love,

Thanks.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

109K 10.4K 44
Avni, the girl who always dreamt of a perfect love story.Neil, her best friend. She falls in love with the man whom her parents chose for her,Rohan. ...
23.2K 4.9K 48
This story is about a college girl who wants to become a brand. Her life's motive is to get a position, not love. There is no place for love in her l...
226K 18K 46
Girl - Would you able to name our relationship. What if you break my heart ? ( her breathe is hitched ) . Boy - ( while kissing her neck) The day I f...
11K 1.1K 4
It's a short story of a girl avni and a boy Neil who got married because of their families.